ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continued to bloodcl--

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,335

Re: Around the NBA - Continued to bloodcl-- 

Post#1401 » by aq_ua » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:43 am

Galvationknicks wrote:Next series Toppin vs Toppin uh oh it's gonna be a dogfight Bro vs Bro

Oh yeah, what fan can resist a potential death match between backup power forward and backup backup backup small forward :lol:
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,655

Post#1402 » by HopelessKnick » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:10 am

aggo wrote:Minn vs Denver is gonna be so crazy

Looking forward to this one as well. My mind says Denver is going to win a very close series but my feeling says Minny may be just strong enough to pull it out. I think Denver is really going to struggle against Minny's size while the Wolves will have an easier time scoring.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,896

Post#1403 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:09 am

HopelessKnick wrote:

Looking forward to this one as well. My mind says Denver is going to win a very close series but my feeling says Minny may be just strong enough to pull it out. I think Denver is really going to struggle against Minny's size while the Wolves will have an easier time scoring.

Size has never been Denver’s issue. They don’t match up too well with Minnesota anyway, so I agree. Boston and Minnesota might be able to beat them, if anyone is.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,028

Post#1404 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:28 am

Anonymous source? :lol:

The typical using burner accounts/alias’s and making excuses from KD

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=oWAQ5JzX5AK-44v89eypvw
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,162

Post#1405 » by Reign23 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:51 am

just watched Suns - Wolves. that was special.
Booker and KD vs Ant and Kat was as elite as it gets..
And Beal with the absolute "I am the worst contract in the league, don't doubt me"-statement game.
formerly known as knickst4pe
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,162

Post#1406 » by Reign23 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:56 am

I wish there was any possible way to have Ant on the Knicks. god damn.
formerly known as knickst4pe
HopelessKnick
Starter

Post#1407 » by HopelessKnick » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:03 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
HopelessKnick wrote:

Size has never been Denver’s issue. They don’t match up too well with Minnesota anyway, so I agree. Boston and Minnesota might be able to beat them, if anyone is.

Boston is obviously extremely good but I have some doubts about them as well. I want to see how they match up with big teams that crash the boards, limit their penetratation ability and essentially turn them into a jump shooting team. I actually believe both Denver and Minny have the means necessary to beat Boston.

Heck if the Knicks had a fully healthy squad I would have been confident in them taking out Boston or taking it at least to 7 games. I don't think Boston has the size to contain KAT, Gobert, Hartenstein, Mitch, Randle etc. in a 7 game series. I think they would have suffered a severe beating under the basket in such a scenario.

As great a player as Tatum is and I know he has had some fantastic playoff games and series....for some reason, at least in my mind he does not have that absolute killer mentality that would ensure Boston winning a couple titles. As many problems as the NBA has today...one great thing is that legitimately 4-5 teams can potentially win it all.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,710

Post#1408 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:07 pm

Ant-Man is legit. I don't like to heap this comparison on him but he gives me Jordan/Kobe vibes. the difference is that the whole 'vicious competitor' thing comes across in a way that's way more likeable if that makes sense. Dude is having fun and it's not that serious. And he's always deflecting praise and passes it along to his teammates like KAT and Rudy.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
HopelessKnick
Starter

Post#1409 » by HopelessKnick » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:13 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

Ant-Man is legit. I don't like to heap this comparison on him but he gives me Jordan/Kobe vibes. the difference is that the whole 'vicious competitor' thing comes across in a way that's way more likeable if that makes sense. Dude is having fun and it's not that serious. And he's always deflecting praise and passes it along to his teammates like KAT and Rudy.

Case in point to my Tatum evaluation: Look Ant just posted 31points/8rebounds/6assists on 51% and 44% from 3 in a 4 game sweep of the Suns. If you look at the past 10 playoff series that Tatum played, you won't find a single series where Tatum approaches that efficiency. Tatum usually is solid, far from a playoff choker, but you will see his numbers typically like 26points/8rebounds/5assists on 45% and 35%. Good solid, but not that absolute beastly killer that you fear....

I would take Ant over Tatum any day of the weak without the slightst hesitation.
HopelessKnick
Starter

Post#1410 » by HopelessKnick » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:17 pm

Reign23 wrote:I wish there was any possible way to have Ant on the Knicks. god damn.

I think there are 29 fanbases thinking the same.
HopelessKnick
Starter

Post#1411 » by HopelessKnick » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:26 pm

Galvationknicks wrote:
Guano wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Funny enough the clippers are 2-0 without Kawhi and 0-2 with him. He doesn’t look very good right now and by the sounds of it he is probably done

Well they're fcked without a healthy Kawhi

Glad we didn't do the PG trade, we would've been better yes for 2-3 years until PG fades out. With OG we have him for 5-7years. Knicks playing the long term sustainable winning

Well OG is actually 7 years younger than PG so that is a big difference. I love PG, always have, but at 34 a trade for him was not attractive IMO. Also generally speaking, fans often times underestimate the balance or ratio of FIT vs. TALENT. Sometimes the better fit will make your team much much better than getting the generally more talented player. Even someone like me that celebrated the OG trade right away really didn't expect us to go like 23-4 with him in the line-up. I was happy we got that big 2-way player that can shoot and displays elite defense but didn't expect him to have that massive impact. We needed that big wing defender, someone to play the Tatums, Butlers, Giannis etc. tough and limit them. For me it was a no brainer. Still he turned out to be an even greater fit than I anticipated as he erases one of the Knicks biggest deficiencies over years. The Knicks frontcourt with OG, Randle, Mitch, Hart, IHart, Precious will be a nightmare for opposing teams to play against.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1412 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:42 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Anonymous source? :lol:

Read on Twitter

Literally KD told Shams this :lol:

Listen, I love seeing KD fail but at some point he needs to seriously look in the mirror. Two teams, two colossal failures since he left GS. The one constant is Kevin Durant.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1413 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:43 pm

HopelessKnick wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Case in point to my Tatum evaluation: Look Ant just posted 31points/8rebounds/6assists on 51% and 44% from 3 in a 4 game sweep of the Suns. If you look at the past 10 playoff series that Tatum played, you won't find a single series where Tatum approaches that efficiency. Tatum usually is solid, far from a playoff choker, but you will see his numbers typically like 26points/8rebounds/5assists on 45% and 35%. Good solid, but not that absolute beastly killer that you fear....

I would take Ant over Tatum any day of the weak without the slightst hesitation.

Wouldn't think twice about it.

Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,430

Post#1414 » by Ray Williams » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:45 pm

It’s fair to say Thibs deserves the credit for the Celtics KG//Pierce/Allen championship, Doc Rivers alone would have sunk that ship.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,231

Post#1415 » by robillionaire » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:46 pm

Read on Twitter

Already putting this out trying to weasel his way out of town hours after losing :lol:
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,028

Post#1416 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:53 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

Listen, I love seeing KD fail but at some point he needs to seriously look in the mirror. Two teams, two colossal failures since he left GS. The one constant is Kevin Durant.

Man,that is def a weasel type move to put this out there. Does he really think this will help him save face? Not surprising at all
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#1417 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:16 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

My thoughts exactly.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#1418 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:18 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

Man,that is def a weasel type move to put this out there. Does he really think this will help him save face? Not surprising at all

I mean, he is right. It is ridiculous anyway :lol:
Chislic
Rookie
And1: 440

Post#1419 » by Chislic » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:30 pm

cgmw wrote:
Guano wrote:
aq_ua wrote:This is probably the Western conference finals right there. Antman looks like an amazing playoff performer, and he's raising KAT's level too. This will be a really good series, like the Barkley Suns vs. Robinson Spurs.

IF, and that's a big if, Kawhi can get right I still believe the clips have a chance.

Ant is can't miss right now. He is everything that is great about basketball.

There’s a very real albeit unlikely hypothetical world in which the Knicks face the Wolves in this year’s Final. OG gives us a fighting chance but idk how we match up with their bigs. Still I’d take them over Denver every day.

Minneapolis Knick's fan fantasy right there. OMG.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,325

Post#1420 » by aggo » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:38 pm

Randle for Kat

Read on Twitter

Return to New York Knicks