ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,344

Re: Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#341 » by spree8 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:57 pm

KnixinSix wrote:
spree8 wrote:
Ray Williams wrote:I don’t think it will take Randle, Bogie and enough picks could do it, they will probably tank at this point and the picks will be more valuable.

Cap wise it’ll actually take both Randle n Boj. Booker makes 50 mil per yr

Not necessarily. Randle makes 30.3 Jeffries, Sims ,McBride, Diakate are 10.4 30.3+10.4=40.5 Those salaries meet the trade matching threshold or very slightly miss it I beleive.

You said it won’t take Randle, that we could do it with just Boj. We can’t trade for Booker without Randle is what I’m saying. And I’d rather trade Boj with him instead of having to include Deuce.
spree8
RealGM

Post#342 » by spree8 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:09 pm

Taking salary into consideration, I’d rather just go after Donovan instead of Booker tho, cuz we could still keep Randle.
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,430

Post#343 » by Ray Williams » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:41 pm

spree8 wrote:
Ray Williams wrote:
spree8 wrote:

Yea… I think he’d be a good fit here as a #2 to Jalen. His defense is definitely improved from his earlier years, but he’s not elite or even good overall. I’d say he’s on the level of Jalen… serviceable/average at best, but can be good at key points in the game when dialed in.

We’d lose in certain areas without Randle, but gain in others with Booker. Tough choice.

I don’t think it will take Randle, Bogie and enough picks could do it, they will probably tank at this point and the picks will be more valuable.

Trade checker on this site says it works with just Bogie
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,173

Post#344 » by Spree2Houston » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:43 pm

Whoever we get has to be substantially better than Randle. Love him or hate him but he’s a 2x All NBA, 25 10 5 player on a good contract. We’ve already seen how good we looked at full strength. It’s why I think we’re better off adding another high end starter like Bridges.

Brunson/McBride
Bridges/Divencenzo
Anunoby/ Hart
Randle/Precious
Robinson/Hartenstein

How many teams could legitimately beat this squad in a 7 game series?
spree8
RealGM

Post#345 » by spree8 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:44 pm

Ray Williams wrote:
spree8 wrote:
Ray Williams wrote:I don’t think it will take Randle, Bogie and enough picks could do it, they will probably tank at this point and the picks will be more valuable.

Trade checker on this site says it works with just Bogie

It’s not set to next years salaries. Booker signed that extension last summer..
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 8,138

Post#346 » by Knick4Real » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:52 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:KD needs to go back to OKC and LeBum needs to go Cleveland retire.

Fixed!
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,904

Post#347 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:31 pm

Bradley Beal has a NTC…Phoenix is effed.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,927

Post#348 » by KnixinSix » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:48 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:Whoever we get has to be substantially better than Randle. Love him or hate him but he’s a 2x All NBA, 25 10 5 player on a good contract. We’ve already seen how good we looked at full strength. It’s why I think we’re better off adding another high end starter like Bridges.

Brunson/McBride
Bridges/Divencenzo
Anunoby/ Hart
Randle/Precious
Robinson/Hartenstein

Bridges length and defensive versatility at the 2,3 when coupled with OG would make what you saw in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter vs Philly in game 4, a more consistent occurrence.

Salary cap wise Bridges 'only' makes 23-24M the next 2 years.

Mitchell as opposed to other stars 'only' makes 35M next year

Do either the Nets or Cleveland start to go rebuild mode? Which ever one decides to go rebuild mode you give them Bogs, McBride and a bunch of picks and the other you give them Randle and less picks.

McBride 4.7M
Sims 2.1M
Jefferies 2.5M
DIakate 2.3M

add up to close to 12M in filler.

You empty the war-chest of picks and end up with:

Mitchell/Achiuwa
OG, Achiuwa, Bridges
Bridges,Hart
Spidah, DDV, Hart
Brunson, Spidah
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,149

Post#349 » by Context » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:51 pm

Booker makes no sense…He’s not leaving the suns to be Brunson back up and the cost would defeat the purpose.
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#350 » by KnixinSix » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:52 pm

Cari Champion
@CariChampion
Just got a text from my friend. He says tonight is Lebrons last game in purple and gold

Few days ago there was some buzz about Lebron back to the Cavs to finish his career.

Don't know if this would potentially change the Mitchell plans but interesting nonetheless.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#351 » by KnixinSix » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:52 pm

Context wrote:Booker makes no sense…He’s not leaving the suns to be Brunson back up and the cost would defeat the purpose.

COntext is he would be the primary 2 and back up 1. It makes plenty of sense actually.
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,173

Post#352 » by Spree2Houston » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:20 pm

KnixinSix wrote:
Spree2Houston wrote:Whoever we get has to be substantially better than Randle. Love him or hate him but he’s a 2x All NBA, 25 10 5 player on a good contract. We’ve already seen how good we looked at full strength. It’s why I think we’re better off adding another high end starter like Bridges.

Brunson/McBride
Bridges/Divencenzo
Anunoby/ Hart
Randle/Precious
Robinson/Hartenstein

Bridges length and defensive versatility at the 2,3 when coupled with OG would make what you saw in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter vs Philly in game 4, a more consistent occurrence.

Salary cap wise Bridges 'only' makes 23-24M the next 2 years.

Mitchell as opposed to other stars 'only' makes 35M next year

Do either the Nets or Cleveland start to go rebuild mode? Which ever one decides to go rebuild mode you give them Bogs, McBride and a bunch of picks and the other you give them Randle and less picks.

McBride 4.7M
Sims 2.1M
Jefferies 2.5M
DIakate 2.3M

add up to close to 12M in filler.

You empty the war-chest of picks and end up with:

Mitchell/Achiuwa
OG, Achiuwa, Bridges
Bridges,Hart
Spidah, DDV, Hart
Brunson, Spidah

How is this team any better with Randle and Bridges in it?
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,241

Post#353 » by Jeffrey » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:44 pm

I want to get a congratulation is Isiah Thomas. This guy has ruined 2 franchises by selling on getting names rather than trying to build a team with chemistry. That consultant job to Matt Ishiba was masterclass. That Beal trade look eerily similar to the sh.t he did with the Knicks. Beautiful! And now we get to see a franchise in the black hole until 2030.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,477

Post#354 » by BigShot Bojan » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:47 pm

Brunson/McBride
Bridges/Divencenzo
Anunoby/ Hart
Randle/Precious
Robinson/Hartenstein

none
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,839

Post#355 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:10 pm

Brunson/McBride
Bridges/Divencenzo
Anunoby/ Hart
Randle/Precious
Robinson/Hartenstein

I think it should be pretty obvious by now what this team is going to be moving forward, the person that's replacing Randle is OG. The starting forwards are Hart and OG, they just have more defensive versatility, like Maxey was giving OG a lot of trouble so last game they went with Hart on him and he did the best job so far. They'll look to find the scoring that Randle gives them at SG or C, whoever it is will be a two way player that can score / defend. Like right now with those two as the forwards, if you swapped out Donte (and Randle) for a more efficient SG/SF that could also defend we'd be in the conversation to win the title.

Bridges isn't the answer either.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,477

Post#356 » by BigShot Bojan » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:23 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Brunson/McBride
Bridges/Divencenzo
Anunoby/ Hart
Randle/Precious
Robinson/Hartenstein

I think it should be pretty obvious by now what this team is going to be moving forward, the person that's replacing Randle is OG. The starting forwards are Hart and OG, they just have more defensive versatility, like Maxey was giving OG a lot of trouble so last game they went with Hart on him and he did the best job so far. They'll look to find the scoring that Randle gives them at SG or C, whoever it is will be a two way player that can score / defend. Like right now with those two as the forwards, if you swapped out Donte (and Randle) for a more efficient SG/SF that could also defend we'd be in the conversation to win the title.

healthy randle and bridges makes us the best team in the league….
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Context
RealGM

Post#357 » by Context » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:31 pm

KnixinSix wrote:
Context wrote:Booker makes no sense…He’s not leaving the suns to be Brunson back up and the cost would defeat the purpose.

COntext is he would be the primary 2 and back up 1. It makes plenty of sense actually.

Booker will want his own team...this guy just dropped 49pts last night...You really think he's going to be a glorified role player? not to mention, if the sun are going to give up-they
will take the best package and we dont have it...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#358 » by Context » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:33 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Brunson/McBride
Bridges/Divencenzo
Anunoby/ Hart
Randle/Precious
Robinson/Hartenstein

Bridges thinks hes a 1 and would also be TOO expensive...The Nets won't do the Knicks any favors...

We need to find a player thats evolving to pair with Brunson who is elite at scoring and defending...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#359 » by KnixinSix » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:41 pm

Context wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:

Booker will want his own team...this guy just dropped 49pts last night...You really think he's going to be a glorified role player? not to mention, if the sun are going to give up-they
will take the best package and we dont have it...

What are you talking about? he'd be getting 36+ minutes under Thibs. We have Brunson and a bunch of gritty role players. Booker would be 1A to Brunson
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,984

Post#360 » by 8516knicks » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:44 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:Bradley Beal has a NTC…Phoenix is effed.

Well, Beale IS ready for SUN CITY. :D

Return to New York Knicks