ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Maxey travels for the win, Maxey doesn't miss.. tough tough loss.

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,746

Re: PG: Mitch costs us the win, Maxey doesn't miss.. tough tough loss. 

Post#841 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu May 2, 2024 12:32 pm

god shammgod wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
they're the 4th worst ok. they're ranked 12th out of 16th. their defense has been bad. ok. the end. :lol:

Agreed. But that's with your boy playing a lot of minutes ....

and it's with og playing almost full games. but the lineup with ihart/donte has been significantly worst statistically

O. Anunoby - I. Hartenstein - J. Hart - J. Brunson - D. DiVincenzo
5 games
98 mins
108.6 ORTG
127.1 DRTG
-18.6 NRTG

O. Anunoby - J. Hart - J. Brunson - M. Robinson - M. McBride
4 games
29 mins
106.8 ORTG
114.3 DRTG
-7.5 NRTG

the phoenix suns had the worst defense in the playoffs at 123.2. our starting lineup's defense is worse than that.

What’s those numbers in the starting lineup if you take out donte
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,762

Re: NBA openly admitting that the Knicks won the series? 

Post#842 » by Lord Commander » Thu May 2, 2024 12:57 pm

Hope this means the refs give us a makeup game like they gave the 6ers in game 3.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,520

Post#843 » by gavran » Thu May 2, 2024 1:27 pm

Pretty stupid thread after game 2.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,935

Post#844 » by Jadoogar » Thu May 2, 2024 3:02 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:Fouling Maxey before he gets up a shot attempt is way easier said than done.. you guys are insane acting like its NBA 2K and all Thibs had to do was press the intentional foul button and automatically pull it off.

I think it's crazy to criticize thibs or robinson for that.
1. good play design from Nurse to start the play so far back. The Knicks would basically have to foul in the backcourt which would be have been insane foresight
2. it was just a hell of shot. You don't expect a guy to pull up from the logo with 9 seconds left on the clock. You tip your hat and move on.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,267

Post#845 » by Fury » Thu May 2, 2024 3:19 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:Fouling Maxey before he gets up a shot attempt is way easier said than done.. you guys are insane acting like its NBA 2K and all Thibs had to do was press the intentional foul button and automatically pull it off.

1. good play design from Nurse to start the play so far back. The Knicks would basically have to foul in the backcourt which would be have been insane foresight
2. it was just a hell of shot. You don't expect a guy to pull up from the logo with 9 seconds left on the clock. You tip your hat and move on.

The foul on the play before is more aggravating. Just let the man shoot. What is the point of jumping? If he didn't jump, Maxey wouldn't have faked it and jumped into him.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 732

Re: PG: Maxey travels for the win, Maxey doesn't miss.. tough tough loss. 

Post#846 » by Barcs » Thu May 2, 2024 3:26 pm

I'll accept no result other than blowout in game 6. That would prove they can be taken seriously as a contender, but at this point, they really suck at closing games, and that is how you win championships.

Don't get me wrong, philly is a good team, but Embiid isn't EMBIID and we have to strike while the iron is hot.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 732

Post#847 » by Barcs » Thu May 2, 2024 3:33 pm

Jadoogar wrote:

Yeah, there isn't much you can do about that. It's a conundrum because you want to run as much clock off as you can, but at the same time you want to foul before they shoot.

That shot isn't why we lost. Bad fouls, sloppy play, turnovers, and missed free throws are the reason.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,442

Post#848 » by Oscirus » Thu May 2, 2024 4:49 pm

that missed travel call didnt lose the game. Wouldve saved the knicks but it shouldn't have had to
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,386

Post#849 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu May 2, 2024 5:19 pm

Capn'O wrote:
BigShot Bojan wrote:Gross …close this thread…we had some many ways to not blow it…sometimes refs miss calls it happens

+100. Maxey and unforced errors lost that game.

And missed FTs.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,386

Post#850 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu May 2, 2024 5:20 pm

Need to throw doubles at Maxey.

Also, Maxey takes that extra step on almost all of 3 pointers.
Free Palestine
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,401

Post#851 » by sol537 » Thu May 2, 2024 5:29 pm

IHart and DDV have been as soft as charmin’ this series… hoping they both wake up
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,804

Post#852 » by duetta » Thu May 2, 2024 7:28 pm

At least this one cancels out the Game 2 referee error.
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,455

Post#853 » by NoStatsGuy » Thu May 2, 2024 7:28 pm

we got lucky game 2, they got lucky game 5. its all good.. lets close this mofo out tonight!!
im bout dat action boss
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,574

Post#854 » by stuporman » Thu May 2, 2024 8:33 pm

I've been away....did the NBA say Maxey traveled in the L2MR? I didn't watch it again because... I... didn't...want to watch it again.

Edit: Ok, I got to see it and yea, it happens and it's tough but the Knicks still made too many mistakes. I wonder if the Sixers fans coping about game 2 are admitting it was a mistake or are they still gigacoping?
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,921

Post#855 » by Capn'O » Thu May 2, 2024 9:33 pm

NoStatsGuy wrote:we got lucky game 2, they got lucky game 5. its all good.. lets close this mofo out tonight!!

Yup. And beyond the refs, bottom line they didn't execute well that game and we didn't execute well on Tuesday.

Focus on the prize... we've been the better team and should get it.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,401

Post#856 » by Luv those Knicks » Thu May 2, 2024 9:56 pm

aq_ua wrote:
I wonder if we don't really see a player's true colors until the playoffs? I've certainly read negative things about Embiid but never fully understood what a dirty player he is until this series, despite countless regular season meetings between the teams. Lowry, on the other hand, I wouldn't mind on our roster next season. Is that blasphemous?!

Lowrey's getting on the old side, but I wouldn't say no. He might be a solid depth piece.

Right now, McBride is our backup PG and he's not really a PG. Would Lowrey be better? Maybe, probably in some matchups. I really like McBride though. He's tough, unphased by the playoff pressure. Showing some ability to hit the 3.
Uh oh. Somebody needs to call Rick Carlisle a whaaambulance.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,401

Post#857 » by Luv those Knicks » Thu May 2, 2024 10:17 pm

matchman wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:I was going to hold off on posting in this thread till after the series. And I've been holding my breath since the end of game 5. OK, not literally. I can't hold my breath for over a day . . . but you know what I mean. Like I can't breath until it's over.

I HATE the Sixers. Even more than I hate Donald Trump.

There. I said it. I know that's irrational. It's just a game. I'm just a fan. But they suck. They're not even the bad guys in a cool way, like, you know, Hanibal Lector, or even, Michael Jordan. (Come to think of it, Jordan and Hannibal Lector do have a lot in common) . . . but I digress.

The Sixers are more like the zombies in The Walking Dead. Nobody roots for the Zombies, but the truth is, sometimes the Zombies win. It's just how it is.

My Knicks unraveled, and they, as others before them have done, snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, and Maxey made his shots and NY lost a game they should have won and more than one person is to blame for that, but perhaps, Thibs most of all. Thibs is great when he's right. We loved the guy in game 4, but he's not always right. We've all seen him make mistakes before. He's . . . 60/40. I like the guy, but he's not perfect.

So, what now? Where do we stand?

Philly's a good team. They were the 2nd best team in the East when Embiid was healthy and their record backed that up. Though the Knicks - when healthy (OG before the elbow), were right there too, but didn't do it for as long a period. We went into this series undermanned. No Randle means we went in at 80%. . . . OK, 85%.

and 85% of NY vs Philly (and they're banged up too but they're not 85% - they have much more of their team than we have of ours) - tough matchup.

NY goes in, head held high and faces the team that other teams went out of their way to avoid, and missing a key player.

And they win game 1.
They snatch game 2, Philly makes some mistakes, some brilliance at the end, Brunson has a bad game, but NY up 2-0.
Game 3 goes to the bad guys.
Game 4, hehe, Wilt gets jerseyed.
Game 5, . . . look, the game was close. The series has been very close. Games 2, 4 and 5 were all right down to the wire. Even game 1 was kind of close and game 3, the refs really wanted Philly to win game 3.

It's been a war. We've had playoff series wars before, but this one, feels more intense than any I remember.

Remember 91-92, when the Knicks beat the 67 win Bulls at home. Xavier McDaniel bothered Scotty Pippen all series and NY took the series to 7 games. Nobody else took the bulls to 7 games. But, if I was to be honest for a moment (and just a moment), the Bulls were better. Come on, everyone knows that. The Knicks thugged their way to almost winning, but they were never the better team. They just had Oakley at defensive tackle, McDaniel at defensive end and Mason at linebacker.

92-93, NY lost McDaniel because Michael Jordan's agent stepped in, but they add Charles Smith (losing Mark Jackson who we missed more than most people realized, I think), and NY wins 62 games, home court all the way and they go up against Chicago 2-0. . . . . . then they lose the next 4. Bulls were better. I'm sorry, but 92-93 was perhaps closer, but Bulls were better, and one of the games in Chicago went down to a last second no call, and then Charles Smith couldn't make a layup in another game, but . . . up 2-0 - that was their window, but they couldn't close it.

Last year, this Knicks team met the Cavs, who were expected to win, and they made the Cavs look silly. Then they met physical and more composed Heat team, that made it to the finals - last year was a war too. The Heat played hard and Butler was a dagger (like Maxey this year) and the Heat won. Tough series, but I'll say this about it, looking back at last year's playoffs. I feel no regret for watching. NY played hard, they lost, but it was a great series against the Heat.

Now we're facing the Philadelphia Walking dead - going into their home court. Up 3-2 but . . . enemy ground. Zombies everywhere. Can our boys pull out a win in enemy territory?

I didn't say this at the time, but when NY was up 3-1, I knew it wasn't going to be easy. These teams are evenly matched. Any game can go any way and Philly has 2 offensive weapons who can go off at any time, NY has just one. Philly's good, even if they are zombies.

This isn't NY vs Chicago in the early 90s when NY tries to out-thug them.

We have to outsmart Philly. They have more weapons. . . . funny story. I gather Philly ownership held back 5,000 tickets for sale to make some extra money. That's why there were so many Knick fans in attendance in game 4. Did they do the same with game 6? he he. Probably. I'm guessing many Knick fans will be in attendance, unless they made all the tickets available to fans after the fiasco in game four.

But I digress. This is a tough series. Maybe, the most brutal playoff series I remember watching in a long time. And if they lose, maybe the toughest loss to watch since they lost to the Rockets in the finals, so, I hope they don't lose.

But the good guys are still up 3 games to 2, facing the zombies for game 6 in the Walking Dead Arena. They can still pull off a miracle, and a win would, somehow, feel like a miracle. I can't explain that, but it would.

Go good guys!!! Go Knicks. Outsmart the sonofabitches.

It was so long LTK, don't know why can't press the +1 button but I can feel your passion (and hatred) through the words. :thumbsup:

It was too long, and it was therapeutic, putting my frustration into words. After I wrote it, I was like "you know, that makes me sound crazy" and I considered deleting it. It was just frustration coming out.

I'm far more relaxed about it today and . . . rooting for the Knicks, but the frustration is gone. I just hope they play their best.
Uh oh. Somebody needs to call Rick Carlisle a whaaambulance.

Return to New York Knicks