ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Our Guys Stepped Up Down the Stretch

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Context
RealGM
And1: 14,287

Re: PG: Our Guys Stepped Up Down the Stretch 

Post#841 » by Context » Sat May 4, 2024 3:35 pm

RHODEY wrote:All time Knick hater eating some crow....will Draymond be next?
Update: I spoke too soon that Knickle head still picks the Pacers to beat on because of there "depth" :nonono:

there's more-starts at the "2:34" marker:
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,988

Post#842 » by Im Coming Home » Sat May 4, 2024 3:46 pm

Context wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:Rewatching the 2nd half right now, man.. OG was doing EVERYTHING out there. Josh was doing EVERYTHING out there, chasing Buddy around like a man possessed, getting offensive boards setting up OG, etc.

where can I find this?

I watched on the MSG app.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Context
RealGM

Post#843 » by Context » Sat May 4, 2024 4:19 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
Context wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:Rewatching the 2nd half right now, man.. OG was doing EVERYTHING out there. Josh was doing EVERYTHING out there, chasing Buddy around like a man possessed, getting offensive boards setting up OG, etc.

where can I find this?

I watched on the MSG app.

oh man! you just made my day--I'm going to relax and watch the full game :D
only saw 2nd and 4th quarters while i was in Atlantic City
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Guano
RealGM
And1: 42,660

Post#844 » by Guano » Sat May 4, 2024 4:24 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:I still can't fully believe this team followed up an historical epic failure/collapse by winning the next game in the hardest way possible.

They legitimately gave me my weekend back.

We're too old(and wise :lol: ) for a team to ruin our weekend but i was right there with you. Even when we can rationally understand that winning a game 6 on the road after a colossal collapse is extremely difficult. And now since they won the sun is shining brighter and those birds are singing like Whitney. Life is beautiful.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,081

Post#845 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat May 4, 2024 4:37 pm

Guano wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:I still can't fully believe this team followed up an historical epic failure/collapse by winning the next game in the hardest way possible.

We're too old(and wise :lol: ) for a team to ruin our weekend but i was right there with you. Even when we can rationally understand that winning a game 6 on the road after a colossal collapse is extremely difficult. And now since they won the sun is shining brighter and those birds are singing like Whitney. Life is beautiful.

I would like to tell myself it wouldn't ruin my weekend but it would probably take a lot more drugs and alcohol then usual to get there
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,364

Post#846 » by SelbyCobra » Sat May 4, 2024 5:05 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Guano wrote:

I would like to tell myself it wouldn't ruin my weekend but it would probably take a lot more drugs and alcohol then usual to get there

Imagine the anticipation of waiting for tonight's Game 7 right now? After they just blew a 22 point 1st quarter lead and an 8 point lead with 2 minutes left in Game 6? After they blew a 6 point lead with less than 30 seconds left in Game 5?

Instead I listened to the rain as I slept in, put on the most comfortable hoodie I own when I got up, had a slice of churro bundt cake for breakfast, jazzy lofi throughout the house, and have been playing board games with my kids since.

It's not their talent that I love, it's their continual defiance to accept, or sometimes even acknowledge, what the majority see and feel when things trend poorly.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,312

Post#847 » by god shammgod » Sat May 4, 2024 5:26 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Guano wrote:

Imagine the anticipation of waiting for tonight's Game 7 right now? After they just blew a 22 point 1st quarter lead and an 8 point lead with 2 minutes left in Game 6? After they blew a 6 point lead with less than 30 seconds left in Game 5?

Instead I listened to the rain as I slept in, put on the most comfortable hoodie I own when I got up, had a slice of churro bundt cake for breakfast, jazzy lofi throughout the house, and have been playing board games with my kids since.

It's not their talent that I love, it's their continual defiance to accept, or sometimes even acknowledge, what the majority see and feel when things trend poorly.

you were melo this whole time ?!?!?!?
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,894

Post#848 » by RHODEY » Sat May 4, 2024 5:32 pm

Context wrote:
Update: I spoke too soon that Knickle head still picks the Pacers to beat on because of there "depth" :nonono:

Now that was entertaining. Keon is usually a bone head who I wonder if he even watches the Knicks...but he went a Pierce. Pierce has a deep set jealously or hatred against the attention our team is getting. All of a sudden he Pacers are on our level because..they can score?

Im thinling no **** sherlock they can score because everything else goes out the window with them. We will control the pace because we will out rebound the f@ck out of theml. They have no answer for Brunson, while we DO have answers for Siakam . Guys like Ragu are going to look like Allstars against them. Mitch and Hartenstein go from having to contain Embiid to playing against Turner...

And as far as the Celtics ...without KP we can be competitive and take them to atleast 6 IMO. They are so mentally fragile that we might actually be able to beat them ...provided our guys still have legs by then.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,894

Post#849 » by RHODEY » Sat May 4, 2024 5:34 pm

cgmw wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
Paul Pierce is still proving his b*tch made :roll:

His bitch ass just needs to go get drunk in a corner with Kenny Smith

Kyle Lowry will soon be 300 lbs and drunk with PP too.
They should hire that guy Beetlejuice from Howard Stern as the third stooge.

Guano
RealGM

Post#850 » by Guano » Sat May 4, 2024 5:34 pm

god shammgod wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

He said a slice not the whole damn thing
Context
RealGM

Post#851 » by Context » Sat May 4, 2024 5:55 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Guano wrote:

that was beautiful Cobra :lol:
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,746

Post#852 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat May 4, 2024 6:11 pm

Guano wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:

Did someone say cake
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Context
RealGM

Post#853 » by Context » Sat May 4, 2024 6:12 pm

RHODEY wrote:
Context wrote:

Now that was entertaining. Keon is usually a bone head who I wonder if he even watches the Knicks...but he went a Pierce. Pierce has a deep set jealously or hatred against the attention our team is getting. All of a sudden he Pacers are on our level because..they can score?

Im thinling no **** sherlock they can score because everything else goes out the window with them. We will control the pace because we will out rebound the f@ck out of theml. They have no answer for Brunson, while we DO have answers for Siakam . Guys like Ragu are going to look like Allstars against them. Mitch and Hartenstein go from having to contain Embiid to playing against Turner...

And as far as the Celtics ...without KP we can be competitive and take them to atleast 6 IMO. They are so mentally fragile that we might actually be able to beat them ...provided our guys still have legs by then.

Perfectly said Rhodey my friend :D
Let me add some thoughts...
On Pierce...
I dont get this guy...He played for a top 2 franchise as far as titles go. He was homegrown...Got 2 HOF'er to come on his turf to help him win a title. The only thing that I know that was bad that happened to him - happen in Boston when he got stabbed by BOSTON guys. Never happened in NY. And finally...as far as I can remember he got the best of us at the garden so many times...

Why is he so salty when it comes to the Knicks?

It felt good to hear Keon express what I have mentioned a couple of times on this site. A true 61 best in the league team-
does not let a potential opponent in the play-offs come into the Boston garden and blow them out -the way the Knicks did.
If that game didnt matter to them -they would have rested their guys. I dont buy that it didnt matter.
Here's another example- no true 61 best in the league team would allow a "Butlerless-Heat team" to come into the garden
and win a home play-off game or even any game for that matter.

I say all of that to say- if our 8 guys(including Precious) have the energy- I believe we can beat that team. I even believe
we can do it in 6. Would I bet a significant amount of money on it? no I wouldnt...But I do think we will win the series...

As far as Indy...I dont see why we dont sweep them. If I'm the Knicks - I go in there and tell the team - lets FOCUS and putting them away so we can rest up for Boston.

I'm not overlooking the Pacers. I just think and agree with you that we are better for all of the reasons you mentioned.
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,663

Post#854 » by rajajackal » Sat May 4, 2024 6:48 pm

Read on Twitter
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,364

Post#855 » by SelbyCobra » Sat May 4, 2024 7:47 pm

Guano wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:

This thing is ridiculous. 2.5 lbs of churro flavored bundt cake, in the refrigerated section. Costco got the game in a choke hold.

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#856 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat May 4, 2024 8:13 pm

Guano wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:

The local bakeries around melo were rooting for a game 7.
Mavs
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,281

Post#857 » by Kampuchea » Sat May 4, 2024 9:50 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=ZScbCOS-e1RwvSq7ABkKLQ
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#858 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat May 4, 2024 10:00 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=nXGmwlkmXyiSnc4rQTN4Ww&s=19
Mavs
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,281

Post#859 » by Kampuchea » Sat May 4, 2024 10:01 pm

…..
Guano
RealGM

Post#860 » by Guano » Sat May 4, 2024 10:04 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
Guano wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

This thing is ridiculous. 2.5 lbs of churro flavored bundt cake, in the refrigerated section. Costco got the game in a choke hold.

:lol:
2.5lbs of cake is dangerous. Costco is ruthless with the size of their desserts. My metabolism abandoned me like Drake does with his kids. I can't have that much cake in the house.

That said I buy their apple pie every once in awhile. Eat about half then throw it away when I get disgusted with myself.

Return to New York Knicks