ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one!

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,927

Re: Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one! 

Post#181 » by KnicksGadfly » Wed May 8, 2024 3:13 am

Guano wrote:It's extremely insulting to Brunson that some of you use the Cleveland backcourt as an example of Donovan not working here. Like Garland and Brunson are in the same realm of players. Shameful.

Nah, don't get it wrong. Brunson would be the alpha in the relationship. He has been better than Mitchell since last year. It's a non-starter to even consider bringing in Mitchell so Brunson could be the "Darius Garland" in the relationship. If Mitchell gets here, both guys need to adjust, but Mitchell would be sacrificing more.

The big question is how good Mitchell would be in a secondary role (aka whether he can be a good Robin to Brunson). It's a tough ask: Mitchell has to be Mitchell (at times), but the rest of the time, he'd have to play a Klay Thompson/Derrick White role...less of a ball-dominating ball, but needing to contribute elsewhere. Unfortunately, things aren't going to be equal for Brunson...we know he's not the best 1 on 1 defender, but that's kinda how it goes. Someone in the backcourt needs to guard the Maxeys and Haliburtons and all that. Someone needs to be DiVincenzo when Brunson takes over in the late game and gets doubled and needs to pass it out. If Mitchell has more energy because Brunson is gonna get the ball more, he needs to step up. Mitchell is basically the one who needs to prove that he would be better than Garland in a secondary role, and not just better than Garland, but MUCH better than Garland. Garland is not the standard.

Luckily, there's a good opportunity to really evaluate this. We've heard that Mitchell is a great two-way player now. The main concern many posters have is that he and Brunson are too small. Boston is a really big team with big guards and forwards that are very talented, and they might be a team we'll need to try and surpass in the foreseeable future. I'm sure the Knicks scouts are watching too. I'll keep an open mind too. Maybe Mitchell proves me wrong...DWade was a monster defender, so not impossible. It won't answer all the questions, but it's a big one that deserves answering.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,412

Post#182 » by spree8 » Wed May 8, 2024 3:33 am

Up on the screen Chet! Fukkin Kyrie :noway:
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,387

Post#183 » by aggo » Wed May 8, 2024 3:46 am

OKC has 3 stars, 2 on a rookie contract, all 3 are above avg defenders with Chet being elite
and have a 3+D forward that can guard 1-4.

its not fair
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,985

Post#184 » by Capn'O » Wed May 8, 2024 3:46 am

I tried to tell you motherfckers. OKC is really good.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#185 » by Capn'O » Wed May 8, 2024 3:46 am

aggo wrote:OKC has 3 stars, 2 on a rookie contract, all 3 are above avg defenders with Chet being elite

its not fair

And a lot of resources to improve.
BAF Clippers

spree8
RealGM

Post#186 » by spree8 » Wed May 8, 2024 3:52 am

SGA MVP
aggo
RealGM

Post#187 » by aggo » Wed May 8, 2024 3:52 am

game over
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,364

Post#188 » by aq_ua » Wed May 8, 2024 3:53 am

Capn'O wrote:
aggo wrote:OKC has 3 stars, 2 on a rookie contract, all 3 are above avg defenders with Chet being elite

its not fair

And a lot of resources to improve.

Jalen Williams is the one that got away. He would actually let Brunson rest for more than 3 minutes.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,347

Post#189 » by Clyde_Style » Wed May 8, 2024 3:54 am

Capn'O wrote:I tried to tell you motherfckers. OKC is really good.

ImageImageImage
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#190 » by Capn'O » Wed May 8, 2024 3:56 am

This is abuse
BAF Clippers

SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,366

Post#191 » by SelbyCobra » Wed May 8, 2024 3:59 am

Enjoying this very much. I wish nothing but the worst for Dallas at all times.
aggo
RealGM

Post#192 » by aggo » Wed May 8, 2024 4:02 am

idk man

okc is already here. they should be favorites next year with this exact team.

wemby in 2 years will probably be averaging 30/10/5/5

we're screwed
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,598

Post#193 » by NYKnickerbocker » Wed May 8, 2024 4:03 am

Guano wrote:It's extremely insulting to Brunson that some of you use the Cleveland backcourt as an example of Donovan not working here. Like Garland and Brunson are in the same realm of players. Shameful.

I just don’t think you can have two defensive liabilities in the closing minutes of game on the floor luke Brunson and Mitchell would be mainly due to their height
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#194 » by Capn'O » Wed May 8, 2024 4:10 am

aggo wrote:idk man

we're screwed

We're in a good place. It's too bad no Randle this year but we have great players and resources to improve too. We'll be right in the mix next year.
BAF Clippers

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,382

Post#195 » by robillionaire » Wed May 8, 2024 4:20 am

we're screwed

Those teams are in the western conference. We’d have to have a team we are confident can get to the finals first before we’d even have to start worrying about them. And fact is if you have a team you are confident can reach the finals, you should fear nobody. Nobody thought the pistons were beating Kobe and shaq with Gary Payton and Karl Malone. Big 3 heat on paper should have been unbeatable. They got smacked in the finals by Dallas in 2011 and the Spurs in 2014. 73 win warriors lost in the finals. The KD warriors lost to the Raptors. Get there and let the magic happen. You look at a guy like Brunson and think this is a guy who in any series can will a team to victory no matter what the oddsmakers say
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,827

Post#196 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed May 8, 2024 4:30 am

Very shameful

Also my pre draft takes on Mobley and garland aging like fine wine 8-) . Took a while but it’s hitting now. I thought they both were overrated hehe
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,239

Post#197 » by BBALLER4FR » Wed May 8, 2024 4:42 am

spree8 wrote:SGA MVP

How is he MVP with all of that firepower (an elite SF, an elite C and 40+ bench points), but Brunson ain't MVP dragging dead bodies to the #2 seed and past the 1st round? Make it make sense. They should rename it from Most Valuable Player to Most Marketable Player.
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,914

Post#198 » by spree2kawhi » Wed May 8, 2024 4:51 am

Besart19 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Knicks aren’t trading Randle for KAT. They never tried to trade Randle ever in the first place and Randle is back with CAA. Sorry folks!

Towns is poor man Randle at 5... do not want

I would only trade him for Davis, Jokic and even in this scenario I would have my dilemmas because of his injury history...

My preferences Sengun, Tatum and Edwards... footwork festival

Sengun
Anunoby
Tatum
Edwards
Brunson

Micheal Jordan in 1993 accepted a 3M per year contract to be able to build a team... lately we say Biyombo at 18M per... thats why you cant build proper teams as you really want unless is a primadonas superteam who have the leverage of VIP agents doing the backstage work

As a mom I would tell you to dream and think big, but I’m not a mom, so I’m gonna say: WTF? :lol:

Since we’re not getting any of those guys and Mitchell costs much while likely changing very little, just go get Towns. It makes sense and he’s better than you all admit. Watch the freaking games.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,062

Post#199 » by knicks94 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:22 am

robillionaire wrote:

we're screwed

Those teams are in the western conference. We’d have to have a team we are confident can get to the finals first before we’d even have to start worrying about them. And fact is if you have a team you are confident can reach the finals, you should fear nobody. Nobody thought the pistons were beating Kobe and shaq with Gary Payton and Karl Malone. Big 3 heat on paper should have been unbeatable. They got smacked in the finals by Dallas in 2011 and the Spurs in 2014. 73 win warriors lost in the finals. The KD warriors lost to the Raptors. Get there and let the magic happen. You look at a guy like Brunson and think this is a guy who in any series can will a team to victory no matter what the oddsmakers say

The 2016 Warriors would have beaten the Cavs had the refs not intervened to suspend Green. And if I remember correctly KD barely played in the 2019 finals.
spree8
RealGM

Post#200 » by spree8 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:35 am

BBALLER4FR wrote:
spree8 wrote:SGA MVP

How is he MVP with all of that firepower (an elite SF, an elite C and 40+ bench points), but Brunson ain't MVP dragging dead bodies to the #2 seed and past the 1st round? Make it make sense. They should rename it from Most Valuable Player to Most Marketable Player.

It makes perfect sense. Shai is a far superior player and it’s not even debatable. Take him off that OKC team and they’re picking top 4 in the draft this year regardless of their firepower. As good as Chet n J-Dub are, they’re not filling his shoes. They’re complimentary players on a contender. I wouldn’t call OG, Hart, Donte, iHart, Deuce dead bodies tho…

Jalen’s story and ability to carry this team is absolutely on par with Shai’s story of bringing the youngest team ever to a #1 seed this year, but the difference is he’s just better (and on another planet defensively). And with the playoff success they’re having on top of it? There’s unfortunately no chance.

Return to New York Knicks