ImageImageImageImageImage

[WOJ] Knicks Extend Hart for 4/81

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 15,061

Re: [WOJ] Knicks Extend Hart for 4/81 

Post#201 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu May 9, 2024 2:46 pm

nedleeds wrote:
Context wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
Wade won with an old Shaq. Wade was the best player on that team and it wasn't close. LeBron didn't win **** until he paired with Wade. I have no clue what you're talking about with leBron and brunson in some cop buddy movie? Brunson isn't currently in Wades world, it's laughable. He does this for 5 more years sure then we can start to have a conversation about him and Wade. Wade's defense on one leg is better than anything Brunson has ever showed in his life.

As for trading Brunson, it's not happening obviously. But I'm just pointing out he might be the most valuable non-rookie scale contract in the league. And I'd trade him and tank because we aren't winning a title and I don't really care about conference semis and finals. Been there. Been to the Finals twice. Don't care.

I don't see a championship move here. Brunson is an all NBA level guard on a $25 million deal. It only goes down hill from here barring some insane home run with a late 1st round pick. The time to pair him with another great player is closing fast because we'll be capped out the moment he extends/re-signs with CAA. OG also, CAA, will get maxxed. The time to move was when Randle was playing pretty well and looked healthy, we had his salary and Fournier's turd. Our picks will be meh, but a GM could say they got "3" firsts. I'm not saying a player was out there, but this was our salary matching, talent and pick window to compete with Boston, Denver, OKC and (formerly) the Bucks.

The injuries worry me. Hart is playing his nuts off but his injury history is vast and Thibs is going to kill all these guys Hart, Donte and Brunson. I know people don't care but this has played out before with Thibs. Deng, Noah, Rose all pretty good all star level guys ... and they just died. You are watching it happen here before your eyes. Thibs is CAA also, he's not going anywhere.

Shaq wasnt old...he just came from winning with Kobe...But you already refuse to acknowledge that Wade got help so
I will bow out of this discussion...

Wade had help in the form of past his prime Shaq and Prime LeBron. Wade was the best player on the Shaq team. LeBron was the best player on the Heatles. What am I not acknowledging? Nowhere did I see he didn't "get help". That has nothing to do with comparing Jalen Brunson right now 5/9/2024 to Wade.

Here, I'll make it easy for you: Is Jalen Brunson comparable to 8 time all NBA, 3 time champion, Finals MVP Dwayne Wade?

I say no, not even close. Jalen Brunson is currently doing his best to get to like, 2019 Damien Lillards level.

This nedleeds guy is pretty smart. Made some pretty bad remarks, doesn't want to apologize for it, so he starts focusing on DWade comparisons.
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,564

Post#202 » by Context » Thu May 9, 2024 2:47 pm

nedleeds wrote:
Context wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
Wade won with an old Shaq. Wade was the best player on that team and it wasn't close. LeBron didn't win **** until he paired with Wade. I have no clue what you're talking about with leBron and brunson in some cop buddy movie? Brunson isn't currently in Wades world, it's laughable. He does this for 5 more years sure then we can start to have a conversation about him and Wade. Wade's defense on one leg is better than anything Brunson has ever showed in his life.

As for trading Brunson, it's not happening obviously. But I'm just pointing out he might be the most valuable non-rookie scale contract in the league. And I'd trade him and tank because we aren't winning a title and I don't really care about conference semis and finals. Been there. Been to the Finals twice. Don't care.

I don't see a championship move here. Brunson is an all NBA level guard on a $25 million deal. It only goes down hill from here barring some insane home run with a late 1st round pick. The time to pair him with another great player is closing fast because we'll be capped out the moment he extends/re-signs with CAA. OG also, CAA, will get maxxed. The time to move was when Randle was playing pretty well and looked healthy, we had his salary and Fournier's turd. Our picks will be meh, but a GM could say they got "3" firsts. I'm not saying a player was out there, but this was our salary matching, talent and pick window to compete with Boston, Denver, OKC and (formerly) the Bucks.

The injuries worry me. Hart is playing his nuts off but his injury history is vast and Thibs is going to kill all these guys Hart, Donte and Brunson. I know people don't care but this has played out before with Thibs. Deng, Noah, Rose all pretty good all star level guys ... and they just died. You are watching it happen here before your eyes. Thibs is CAA also, he's not going anywhere.

Shaq wasnt old...he just came from winning with Kobe...But you already refuse to acknowledge that Wade got help so

Wade had help in the form of past his prime Shaq and Prime LeBron. Wade was the best player on the Shaq team. LeBron was the best player on the Heatles. What am I not acknowledging? Nowhere did I see he didn't "get help". That has nothing to do with comparing Jalen Brunson right now 5/9/2024 to Wade.

Here, I'll make it easy for you: Is Jalen Brunson comparable to 8 time all NBA, 3 time champion, Finals MVP Dwayne Wade?

I say no, not even close. Jalen Brunson is currently doing his best to get to like, 2019 Damien Lillards level.

He was #2 in MVP voting to a Dantoni fueled steve nash who won. You still going to say he was past his prime? and you
ask what does that have to do with the Wade vs Brunson comp...If you are going to diminish facts to enhance your argument
why would I spend my time -when you have your mind made up...

Lets not take the comps of Brunson out of context...Obviously he needs to do this over a sustained period. Everyone knows this.
The fact is- this year-- is in the bag and what he's doing-- in "context" -at this level- with a depleted team- is something-- how many of these greats have done?
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 5,003

Post#203 » by 8516knicks » Thu May 9, 2024 2:55 pm

[quote="nedleeds"]Image

1/2 a decade of 28 year old Josh Hart ladies and gentleman.

Young Sam Rose gets a new lambo and we now have

A roster of seven players under contract for a combined $129,232,268 (130) - Brunson, Barrett, Hart, Randle, Robinson, Donte and Grimes.

IQ resigns at 18-20 brings the payroll to ~$150 the super **** you apron is $190.

"For a team without a top 10 player on the roster. For a team without a top 10 player on the roster." :lol: :lol: :lol:
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#204 » by 8516knicks » Thu May 9, 2024 2:58 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
Oscirus wrote:if haliburton was a knick, Nedleeds would be bitching about him too.

I'll be bitching until we have a team with a chance to make the finals in the next 3 years. Right now, that's about 0%.

It really depends on Brunson's career arc and the moves the Knicks are able to make.

As currently constructed, the Knicks have a 1% chance. But they do theoretically have some assets (though not as rich a trove most Knicks fans make it out to be) to make a deal for another difference-maker.

I think they have about a 5% chance of making the Finals within the next 3 seasons. It will take a major move.

Haliburton has superstar potential and he was the Harden trade of his generation that the Knicks needed to go hard for. They passed on a golden opportunity to acquire a star for cheap (not even mentioning the fact they passed on him in the draft). Hopefully, Brunson's trajectory makes it a lesser pill to swallow, though they could have formed arguably the best backcourt in the NBA together.

"Haliburton has superstar potential and he was the Harden trade of his generation that the Knicks needed to go hard for. "
Be better Chanel, be better! :lol: :lol: :lol:
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#205 » by 8516knicks » Thu May 9, 2024 2:59 pm

GONYK wrote:Hart's contract is great and it gets even better when you factor in that he extended off his old contract at a slightly lower number so that we could have the space to sign Donte

He's the only player in the league paid by the minute. 8-)
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#206 » by DrCoach » Thu May 9, 2024 3:05 pm

Lol@Needlands terrible takes
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,848

Post#207 » by Gravy » Thu May 9, 2024 3:23 pm

DrCoach wrote:Lol@Needlands terrible takes

He would prefer tanking with a terrible roster than being in the finals. Truly absurd
The KnicksFix
Starter
And1: 1,809

Post#208 » by The KnicksFix » Thu May 9, 2024 5:55 pm

nedleeds wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
nedleeds wrote:He's sure playing offense better than Wade. Still a clown world comparison.

If we beat the Pacers down 2 starters and Bogs we can probably put the Haliburton comp to bed though. Brunson has been more durable also despite his orc coach trying to murder him.

At some point instead of doubling and tripling down you have to just own up to your proclamations being terrible and apologize for having frequently exposed us to this level of imbecility. The bobcats never even won a single playoff game. Forget winning entire series in back to back years. Brunson was 5th in MVP voting, we are the #2 seed, we are 2 wins from the conference finals and if we don’t get there it would be due to a pile of injuries and not the talent level on the team, which is significantly higher than Indiana’s talent level. You wanted to trade Brunson and tank. You should not just be banned but be fired out of a cannon directly into the sun

I'll triple down on it ... HE SAID HE WAS BETTER THAN DWAYNE **** WADE. It's complete bing bong idiocy. I'm not going to say Jalen Brunson is remotely in Wade's category. And I'll quadruple down on it. Wade is on many top 15 players EVER lists. EVER.

I'd happily trade Brunson and tank, since we aren't winning a title with this cast, our cap and now the injuries. Brunsons deal might be the most valuable asset in the league that isn't a rookie scale. It's only a matter of time before Thibs kills him also and I genuinely like Brunson and how he plays and operates.

In the meantime while we're treadmilling and hanging out in the East where 50 wins gets you the 2nd seed it is fun to crap on the Pacers and Embiid.

i'm not sure if you're serious... are you for real bro? trade brunson?? treadmilling?? bro if you don't like this team you'll never be happy with anything. Respect what the knicks are doing, without their second main cog in julius, and their defensive big in mitch... come on man
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,764

Post#209 » by nedleeds » Thu May 9, 2024 9:02 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
Context wrote:Shaq wasnt old...he just came from winning with Kobe...But you already refuse to acknowledge that Wade got help so

This nedleeds guy is pretty smart. Made some pretty bad remarks, doesn't want to apologize for it, so he starts focusing on DWade comparisons.

The reply started by the OP calling Brunson our Wade. I'd have to be a complete bing bong street clown to make a DWade comp with anyone on this team. But you know this and are just a troll.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
nedleeds
General Manager

Post#210 » by nedleeds » Thu May 9, 2024 9:07 pm

Context wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
Context wrote:Shaq wasnt old...he just came from winning with Kobe...But you already refuse to acknowledge that Wade got help so

He was #2 in MVP voting to a Dantoni fueled steve nash who won. You still going to say he was past his prime? and you
ask what does that have to do with the Wade vs Brunson comp...If you are going to diminish facts to enhance your argument
why would I spend my time -when you have your mind made up...

Lets not take the comps of Brunson out of context...Obviously he needs to do this over a sustained period. Everyone knows this.
The fact is- this year-- is in the bag and what he's doing-- in "context" -at this level- with a depleted team- is something-- how many of these greats have done?

Like all of them essentially. I can't think of a "great" who didn't get his team to the hallowed halls of the second round. Like I said, Brunson is awesome ... he is approaching 2019 Lillard territory where Dame as a small guard dragged a Blazer team to the conference finals. It's another 100 miles to Dwayne Wade or Clyde Frazier.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,628

Post#211 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu May 9, 2024 9:07 pm

Gravy wrote:
DrCoach wrote:Lol@Needlands terrible takes

He would prefer tanking with a terrible roster than admit he was wrong about how close we are to making/winning the Finals without tanking. Truly absurd
:beer: RIP mags
nedleeds
General Manager

Post#212 » by nedleeds » Thu May 9, 2024 9:11 pm

The KnicksFix wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
At some point instead of doubling and tripling down you have to just own up to your proclamations being terrible and apologize for having frequently exposed us to this level of imbecility. The bobcats never even won a single playoff game. Forget winning entire series in back to back years. Brunson was 5th in MVP voting, we are the #2 seed, we are 2 wins from the conference finals and if we don’t get there it would be due to a pile of injuries and not the talent level on the team, which is significantly higher than Indiana’s talent level. You wanted to trade Brunson and tank. You should not just be banned but be fired out of a cannon directly into the sun

I'll triple down on it ... HE SAID HE WAS BETTER THAN DWAYNE **** WADE. It's complete bing bong idiocy. I'm not going to say Jalen Brunson is remotely in Wade's category. And I'll quadruple down on it. Wade is on many top 15 players EVER lists. EVER.

I'd happily trade Brunson and tank, since we aren't winning a title with this cast, our cap and now the injuries. Brunsons deal might be the most valuable asset in the league that isn't a rookie scale. It's only a matter of time before Thibs kills him also and I genuinely like Brunson and how he plays and operates.

In the meantime while we're treadmilling and hanging out in the East where 50 wins gets you the 2nd seed it is fun to crap on the Pacers and Embiid.

i'm not sure if you're serious... are you for real bro? trade brunson?? treadmilling?? bro if you don't like this team you'll never be happy with anything. Respect what the knicks are doing, without their second main cog in julius, and their defensive big in mitch... come on man

I'll be happy to win a title in my life, maybe that's too high a bar. Again I've seen 2 finals losses and 2 conference finals losses. Maybe you are 30 and never saw any of that. Good for you.
The KnicksFix
Starter
And1: 1,809

Post#213 » by The KnicksFix » Thu May 9, 2024 9:19 pm

nedleeds wrote:
The KnicksFix wrote:
nedleeds wrote:

I'll be happy to win a title in my life, maybe that's too high a bar. Again I've seen 2 finals losses and 2 conference finals losses. Maybe you are 30 and never saw any of that. Good for you.

i'm 35, and been a fan since i was 4, this is the best knick team we've had since 99... i've seen starks and 7 knick players get suspended in the heat series, i've seen patrick been unavailable in 99, my first memory as a knick fan was watching the knicks lose in 7 in the finals, i've watched us fail countless times, but the one main player who has a dog in him, and a will to win more so than any knick i've ever seen is brunson... we are 2 wins away from the conference finals when our second main scorer has been out since january, and starting center who is gone. I don't understand how you can possibly want to rebuild and tank
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,610

Post#214 » by Fat Kat » Fri May 10, 2024 10:47 pm

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Context
RealGM

Post#215 » by Context » Sat May 11, 2024 7:08 pm

Read on Twitter

THAT PART! ^^^^^^
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#216 » by Context » Sat May 11, 2024 9:47 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,877

Post#217 » by cgmw » Wed May 15, 2024 2:18 pm

Context wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Legendary. Once a generation there’s an occasional glitch in the Matrix and this is right up there with Rodman or peak Westbrook.

Time will tell if it costs him years off the end of his career. But damn is it fun while it lasts.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,428

Post#218 » by Woodsanity » Wed May 15, 2024 4:29 pm

I honestly was iffy on this at first but its looking more and more like a steal!
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 46,178

Post#219 » by dakomish23 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:51 pm

dakomish23 wrote:Hopefully retires a Knick.

This bench unit might be really fun to watch

IQ
DDV
Hart
RJ
Hartenstein

:lol: 3 of them our starters now and the other two are gone
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to New York Knicks