ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,349

Re: Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#701 » by TrueWarrior » Fri May 10, 2024 5:23 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:If they're going to run the team back, they absolutely positively have to get a better bench to protect the players during the season. Also, the odd man out is Mitch, but it may be difficult to move him because of the injuries.

Assuming we have everyone back and perhaps bring Rokas over:

Jalen / Rokas
Donte / Deuce
OG / Josh
Julius / Bojan
Isaiah / Mitch or Precious

That’s a relatively deep team if Rokas is legit. Id have to think we use 1 draft pick and the MLE too, but who knows.

Think we need to choose between Mitch and Precious, so how Precious performs the rest of the way will determine what we do. They can’t really play together.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,472

Post#702 » by GONYK » Fri May 10, 2024 5:55 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:If they're going to run the team back, they absolutely positively have to get a better bench to protect the players during the season. Also, the odd man out is Mitch, but it may be difficult to move him because of the injuries.
The team, when healthy, has a good bench.

Deuce, Bogs, Mitch, Precious, Hart + rookie(s)
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,027

Post#703 » by thebuzzardman » Fri May 10, 2024 6:25 pm

GONYK wrote:

It's an alright bench. Mitch is injury prone and Bogs is getting up in years.

Knicks two main trade chips are Bogs (because he has some actual utility as a player but mostly he's expiring) and Mitch, who is good, but injury prone, but his contract only has 2 more years, and it's declining, so he's going to make 14 and then 12 million. That's either a good bargain for the Knicks, or for another team.

I'll try to keep this brief and interesting. Disclaimer: I don't think the approach is unique to the Knicks FO.

Knicks FO seems to take the approach of building redundancy at a position(s), then trading from depth to get a player that more fits Thibs style of commitment to defense, sharing the ball on offense, ability to guard more than one position or some kind of positional versatility.
They've also picked up extra draft picks along the way to make those trades happen, both 1st and 2nd rounders.

Even though it wasn't the best use of assets, they took a flier on Cam Reddish, burning a 1st round pick in the process, but eventually used Cam's salary slot and another pick to land Josh Hart.

Josh Hart does a lot of things, but mainly, he's always committed to defense, can play 3,4 and some 2 guard, and excels in the open court. RJ was a 2/3/4 who excelled in the open court, decent rebounder, come and go defender.
Josh Hart made RJ somewhat expendable in a trade.

Obi didn't play a lot of defense, gets moved for picks.

Knicks sign Donte. Donte has the rep of all around guard, a bit streaky on 3s, drives the ball decently but could be better. Importantly, he took 14 million per, or whatever it was, a lot less than the 20 million+ that IQ is due.
Donte exceeded 3 and D expectations, but even if he didn't, he made IQ somewhat expendable in a trade.

Knicks move RJ and IQ for OG.
OG solves the defense at 3, but also backup 4

Grimes loses his starting spot to Donte because of inconsistent 3 point shooting. Knicks know Deuce is bringing the defense and 3 point shooting in practice. Deuce makes Grimes expendable. Grimes gets moved with Fournier's $ for Bogs $ (and some Randle help) and Burks.

Emergence of IShart as a starting C and an important part of the offense makes Mitch SOMEWHAT expendable. Knicks have Sims to provide some backup C minutes, possibly Precious as well. There is legitimate risk to dealing Mitch away without finding a good backup C.

If Knicks stick to their way of operating, they probably package Mitch and Bogs in a trade for a player making around 36 million, or, and I don't know the cap ramifications, move one, the other, or both in separate trades for depth....but I don't think so.

Knicks probably try to retain one player picked in upcoming draft for more bench depth.

Knicks MIGHT explore trading Randle and stuff for Towns IF Minny has any interest or financial need, only because OG can hold down PF.

Knicks have positioned themselves to trade Bogs and Mitch, and MAYBE Randle.

Probably how most teams operate that are run decently
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,472

Post#704 » by GONYK » Fri May 10, 2024 6:37 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Knicks two main trade chips are Bogs (because he has some actual utility as a player but mostly he's expiring) and Mitch, who is good, but injury prone, but his contract only has 2 more years, and it's declining, so he's going to make 14 and then 12 million. That's either a good bargain for the Knicks, or for another team.

I'll try to keep this brief and interesting. Disclaimer: I don't think the approach is unique to the Knicks FO.

Knicks FO seems to take the approach of building redundancy at a position(s), then trading from depth to get a player that more fits Thibs style of commitment to defense, sharing the ball on offense, ability to guard more than one position or some kind of positional versatility.
They've also picked up extra draft picks along the way to make those trades happen, both 1st and 2nd rounders.

Even though it wasn't the best use of assets, they took a flier on Cam Reddish, burning a 1st round pick in the process, but eventually used Cam's salary slot and another pick to land Josh Hart.

Josh Hart does a lot of things, but mainly, he's always committed to defense, can play 3,4 and some 2 guard, and excels in the open court. RJ was a 2/3/4 who excelled in the open court, decent rebounder, come and go defender.

Knicks sign Donte. Donte has the rep of all around guard, a bit streaky on 3s, drives the ball decently but could be better. Importantly, he took 14 million per, or whatever it was, a lot less than the 20 million+ that IQ is due.
Donte exceeded 3 and D expectations, but even if he didn't, he made IQ somewhat expendable in a trade.

Grimes loses his starting spot to Donte because of inconsistent 3 point shooting. Knicks know Deuce is bringing the defense and 3 point shooting in practice. Deuce makes Grimes expendable. Grimes gets moved with Fournier's $ for Bogs $ (and some Randle help) and Burks.

Emergence of IShart as a starting C and an important part of the offense makes Mitch SOMEWHAT expendable. Knicks have Sims to provide some backup C minutes, possibly Precious as well. There is legitimate risk to dealing Mitch away without finding a good backup C.

If Knicks stick to their way of operating, they probably package Mitch and Bogs in a trade for a player making around 36 million, or, and I don't know the cap ramifications, move one, the other, or both in separate trades for depth....but I don't think so.

Knicks probably try to retain one player picked in upcoming draft for more bench depth.

Knicks MIGHT explore trading Randle and stuff for Towns IF Minny has any interest or financial need, only because OG can hold down PF.

I agree with everything you said aside from the claim that the Knicks have just an OK bench.

I can't think of another team with 2 All-NBA players in the starting lineup with a better bench than that, and I only really included Bogs because we don't know what we're doing with this contract yet and may be starting the season with him.
The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,409

Post#705 » by The Lamma » Fri May 10, 2024 7:53 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
GONYK wrote:

I'll try to keep this brief and interesting
. Disclaimer: I don't think the approach is unique to the Knicks FO.

You went 1 for 2 on the bolded
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,510

Post#706 » by sol537 » Fri May 10, 2024 8:01 pm

1) Randle + Bogs for KD
2) Re-sign OG, iHart, Precious
3) Bring over Rokas
4) Save Mitch and picks for a potential deadline deal

iHart / Mitch
KD / Precious
OG / Hart
DDV / McBride
Brunson / Rokas

2 year title window.

Come at me.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,514

Post#707 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri May 10, 2024 9:52 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Knicks getting Bridges, Towns and Mitchell.

Don't argue with me. I know ball.

#BuzzKnowsBall
Free Palestine
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,063

Post#708 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri May 10, 2024 9:53 pm

LookToShoot wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
LookToShoot wrote:
Right... that's why I predicted the OG trade 04/2023 while you were salivating over knuckleheads like Randle. So far you've been wrong. Knicks are winning without Randle. He's a non-factor.

Josh Hart's contract looks great. He's having a great playoff run. So wrong on that.
Kuzma better than Tatum? Lmao. Might be top 5 worst take here.
Brown cost the Celtics the series against the Heat last year but somehow he's better than Tatum. Lol

Also this is a top 5 awful trade proposal here. Steve mills bad.
LookToShoot wrote:

Trade Randle to Indiana for Hield

Makes sense you're a Fournier fan
LookToShoot wrote: I might be in the minority, but I like Fournier's game.

It's past your bedtime. Make sure you take out your dentures before you go to sleep. Have a good night!

Do you have a learning disability? So I correctly predicted the OG trade a year before it happened and you're here still clamoring that I was wrong. Wrong about what?

Throwing around other trade ideas doesn't prove right or wrong. The title of this thread is called "ideas". How's the Fournier trade looking for Bogdanovic and Burke, two unplayable players.

I would still trade Randle for Hield. Again, little buddy, Randle isn't playing and the Knicks are winning. Your argument for Randle the last three years has evaporated.

This is all I read from you
Any more bad takes that aged awful you got for other players? I could use another laugh.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,463

Post#709 » by aggo » Sat May 11, 2024 4:02 am

Another Mitch destination
Read on Twitter
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,927

Post#710 » by KnixinSix » Sat May 11, 2024 12:58 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

#BuzzKnowsBall

Lonzo or LaMelo?
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,927

Post#711 » by KnixinSix » Sat May 11, 2024 12:59 pm

sol537 wrote:1) Randle + Bogs for KD
3) Bring over Rokas

iHart / Mitch
KD / Precious
OG / Hart
DDV / McBride
Brunson / Rokas

2 year title window.

Come at me.

Dude isnt a rugged baller and team player that fits this team's mold. Old and injury prone. Give me a rugged and younger baller.

Last night's game showed we can be extremely effective with a small ball line up for stretches of a game too.

Give me Giannis, Bridges or Donovan
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 5,003

Post#712 » by 8516knicks » Sat May 11, 2024 2:46 pm

SpeedBALL, powerBALL, or over and under is the polydrug mixture of a stimulant with a depressant, usually an opioid. The most well-known mixture used for recreational drug use is that of cocaine and heroin; however, amphetamines can also be mixed with morphine and/or fentanyl. 8-) :lol:
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 5,003

Post#713 » by 8516knicks » Sat May 11, 2024 2:55 pm

sol537 wrote:1) Randle + Bogs for KD
3) Bring over Rokas

iHart / Mitch
KD / Precious
OG / Hart
DDV / McBride
Brunson / Rokas

2 year title window.

Come at me.

1. We don't know if Rokas is even G league level.

2. STOP with the KD starf*cking. NO KD.

3> I was going to say Hart should be over anyone at 3 but we've seen INJURIES devastate playoff teams lately - Giannis, Randle, Porzingas ?, Zion, J Allen, Butler, Embid, Kawhi, etc. so probably best to hide him more in the regular season.
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,848

Post#714 » by Gravy » Sat May 11, 2024 4:13 pm

Randle is a better fit for this team than 99 percent of the proposed players to trade him for. Only Giannis or JJJ, thats it
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,027

Post#715 » by thebuzzardman » Sat May 11, 2024 4:49 pm

Knicks need to get a tall wing defender - Jones, Murphy III, Bridges or Eason, to cover the inevitable 30 regular and 5 postseason games that OG is going to miss every year over the course of his 4 or 5 year contract.

They don't do that and they'll inevitably get bounced out of each playoff, much like they are about to be in the next few days
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,933

Post#716 » by spree2kawhi » Sat May 11, 2024 7:40 pm

GONYK wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
GONYK wrote:The team, when healthy, has a good bench.

I agree with everything you said aside from the claim that the Knicks have just an OK bench.

I can't think of another team with 2 All-NBA players in the starting lineup with a better bench than that, and I only really included Bogs because we don't know what we're doing with this contract yet and may be starting the season with him.

Randle was All-NBA? :lol:
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,282

Post#717 » by Jeffrey » Sat May 11, 2024 9:54 pm

Is Herb Jones pretty much untouchable for the Pelicans?
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,463

Post#718 » by aggo » Sat May 11, 2024 10:48 pm

I think deanthony melton on a 1-2 year deal or DSJ on a 1yr deal would be great signings.
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,545

Post#719 » by Context » Sat May 11, 2024 11:08 pm

Jeffrey wrote:Is Herb Jones pretty much untouchable for the Pelicans?

That's who I want for us...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,321

Post#720 » by Besart19 » Sun May 12, 2024 11:42 am

we need a center who can score at will inside... Randle is a bit of everything but he isnt a classic scorer in the paint

Randle plus 3 picks for Booker
Robinson, Bogdanovic, cap fillers and 3-4 picks for Grant and Ayton
or Bogdanovic and 4 picks (2 unprotected for Mikal)

Ayton / Hartenstein / Sims
Grant / Achiuwa / veteran
Anunoby / Josh Hart / veteran
Booker / Di Vincenzo / McBride
Brunson / Smith Jr / Rokas
Strength and Honour!

Return to New York Knicks