ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,838

Re: Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one! 

Post#401 » by Wildcat » Fri May 10, 2024 6:00 pm

RHODEY wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Talk about a weak statement.

Tatum man... do better...

Tatum is a star talent, but he is not an alpha.

The Celtics have relied on other guys to drive them like Smart and now White

and this is where the Celtics are vulnerable, because championship teams typically are led by their supposed best player or star, not a role player

maybe White is their best player at this moment, but that is not the super team narrative that has been pushed about the Celtics after they added Holiday and KP

Tatum or Brown will need to impose their wills for them to ever get a ring and neither one seems to be that kind of guy. They just have spurts where they dominate, but the same can be said for dozens of talents in the NBA

They might get Lucky like the Bubble Lakers and just have weak/compromised talent almost the whole way through...that way they can coast on their talent without ever having to be tested.

... But then again the teams left in the West are al pretty tough. Out of all of them, Maybe Minny had the best chance to beat the Celts?

I think all 4 of the Western teams can beat Boston.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,959

Post#402 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri May 10, 2024 6:03 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

and this is where the Celtics are vulnerable, because championship teams typically are led by their supposed best player or star, not a role player

maybe White is their best player at this moment, but that is not the super team narrative that has been pushed about the Celtics after they added Holiday and KP

Tatum or Brown will need to impose their wills for them to ever get a ring and neither one seems to be that kind of guy. They just have spurts where they dominate, but the same can be said for dozens of talents in the NBA

Kinda like LeBron in that way. Just some games he looks disengaged for whatever reason.

whatever anyone wants to say about Lebron, he has hardware (and in at least one case leading a less talented team) that Tatum may never get

maybe. Tatum is about the age of LeBron when he was giftedwon his first ring. LeBron being 27 IIRC, Tatum is 26.
Same things were said of him, and he did have some loaded rosters he did not deliver with. LeBron, Wade, Bosh were three surefire top-10 players, on the same team. Should have been an easy 3-peat.

KP is really important to what they do (as is Jrue). I would value both of them more than Brown. Of course all of this is moot. Celtics give actual effort and shoot within their median, this series is over.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,508

Post#403 » by BigShot Bojan » Fri May 10, 2024 6:03 pm

KnicksGod wrote:I was thinking about a stretch offense. Pretty much every player sets up behind the arc. And that works to create space for some easy 2's, especially if you hit your 3's, and especially early in the game. But as the game tightens and defenses collapse on drives, the space created is actually outweighed by the extra time you give the defense to collapse and recover.

You obviously still need motion and pressure on the defense inside, something the Knicks are doing well right now, and you can still kick it back for 3's.

If you've got a guy like Jaylen Brown, who can hit 3's and get hot but was basically unstoppable to the rim last night and can be inconsistent from 3, it can be a major detriment.

You can mitigate that with motion and passing, but you can also not have all your guys start at the arc, especially not a guy like Jaylen Brown. You're stagnating but you're also giving the defense more time to collapse on him and take away what was an unstoppable drive.

To me they basically handed the Cavs the win by staying in stretch mode. Why do all of your scorers need to initiate from behind the arc? That's pretty silly.

What you’re describing is 5 out …
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,405

Post#404 » by Clyde_Style » Fri May 10, 2024 6:23 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
sol537 wrote:I think this is Spida's last time in a Cleveland uniform. Where he goes... let's see this off-season... maybe Brooklyn, maybe NYK, maybe Miami...

Buzztrodamus says 3 team trade, where Knicks get Bridges, Nets get Mitchell, and Cavs get stuff and picks.

This is the perfect solution to relieving Mikal's pain and replacing him with DM who will be staring forlornly at the Knicks bench every time we play in Barclays
ImageImageImage
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,959

Post#405 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri May 10, 2024 6:23 pm

BigShot Bojan wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:I was thinking about a stretch offense. Pretty much every player sets up behind the arc. And that works to create space for some easy 2's, especially if you hit your 3's, and especially early in the game. But as the game tightens and defenses collapse on drives, the space created is actually outweighed by the extra time you give the defense to collapse and recover.

You obviously still need motion and pressure on the defense inside, something the Knicks are doing well right now, and you can still kick it back for 3's.

If you've got a guy like Jaylen Brown, who can hit 3's and get hot but was basically unstoppable to the rim last night and can be inconsistent from 3, it can be a major detriment.

You can mitigate that with motion and passing, but you can also not have all your guys start at the arc, especially not a guy like Jaylen Brown. You're stagnating but you're also giving the defense more time to collapse on him and take away what was an unstoppable drive.

To me they basically handed the Cavs the win by staying in stretch mode. Why do all of your scorers need to initiate from behind the arc? That's pretty silly.

What you’re describing is 5 out …

If I understand correctly -- it's the difference between the SSOL Suns, and the Death-lineup Warriors. SSOL was largely bereft of off-ball movement whereas Warriors were reliant of off-ball movement to get good looks/players in rhythm.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
iLLSonChandla
Rookie
And1: 440

Post#406 » by iLLSonChandla » Fri May 10, 2024 6:35 pm

Tatum can't be serious
PrecociousNeoph wrote: dolan ruins every picture he's in.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,960

Post#407 » by RHODEY » Fri May 10, 2024 7:09 pm

Wildcat wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

They might get Lucky like the Bubble Lakers and just have weak/compromised talent almost the whole way through...that way they can coast on their talent without ever having to be tested.

... But then again the teams left in the West are al pretty tough. Out of all of them, Maybe Minny had the best chance to beat the Celts?

I think all 4 of the Western teams can beat Boston.
Probably, especially if KP is out or not healthy.
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,783

Post#408 » by ScienceOfLosing » Fri May 10, 2024 7:43 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:
sol537 wrote:
Spree2Houston wrote:
To add on to this

Why would Cleveland take a package ( Bojan, Mitch and picks) where it would make their team weaker which would simultaneously hand over superior picks to Ainge and Cleveland receiving inferior picks from NY because we would be picking low. Someone explain the logic lol

The logic is as simple as this... Spida says he's opting out and becoming a free agent... every day that passes, his value drops further and everyone knows he wants NYK so the teams willing to give up bigger packages dwindle to near zero.

What did TOR get for Siakam?

Toronto had the cap space to go after Siakam in FA. So in this scenario it made sense to trade Siakam before he hit FA. He was going to walk and sign in Indy.

Right now only Philly, OKC and Utah have cap space at the end of 2024-2025. Philly is going use it all up this off season and I don’t expect OKC or Utah (lol) would be interested in Mitchell. The same threat doesn’t exist for Cleveland in this scenario where they have to trade him or let him walk for nothing. There’s no team that pose that threat to them.

If he does go, it’ll be in a sign and trade where some team (Brooklyn) will overpay for him

Can Brooklyn even pay fair value for Mitchell, much less overpay?

I wonder what Milwaukee does. Get off the Lillard experiment?
Philli , Embid and those knees, sad.Not to mention Embid is a deek.
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,783

Post#409 » by ScienceOfLosing » Fri May 10, 2024 7:53 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
sol537 wrote:I think this is Spida's last time in a Cleveland uniform. Where he goes... let's see this off-season... maybe Brooklyn, maybe NYK, maybe Miami...

Buzztrodamus says 3 team trade, where Knicks get Bridges, Nets get Mitchell, and Cavs get stuff and picks.

Cavs could get a good haul.
Brooklyn doesn’t lose face and we get better.

We send Randle? I would like to try to keep him.
IHart, Randle, OG, Bridges, Brunson
Vs
IHart, Randle, OG, Mitchell, Brunson (Looks great offensively, but could Mitchell be GOOD defensively)
Best chance at chip?
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,511

Post#410 » by sol537 » Fri May 10, 2024 7:59 pm

If you do Randle + Bogs for KD... and if KD buys in and stays relatively healthy... that's a legit contender for the next 2 years... can't rule it out.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 15,059

Post#411 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri May 10, 2024 10:41 pm

I think the Suns got a good one
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,223

Post#412 » by Capn'O » Fri May 10, 2024 10:42 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:I think the Suns got a good one

They still need to fix the roster.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
nyknicks09
RealGM
And1: 3,416

Post#413 » by nyknicks09 » Sat May 11, 2024 2:14 am

sol537 wrote:If you do Randle + Bogs for KD... and if KD buys in and stays relatively healthy... that's a legit contender for the next 2 years... can't rule it out.

I rather go after Paul George. I think he fits with these current Knicks players.

Resign OG and package Randle, and iHart(S&T) for Paul George and Daniel Theis.
New York Knicks
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,152

Post#414 » by ozwizard8 » Sat May 11, 2024 3:15 am

When refs call the game even, calling fouls on Murray-Jokic hacking stuff, suddenly TWolves become much much worse team.

Their defense in G2 without even having Gobert was simply ref ball.
Montmorencie
Bench Warmer
And1: 860

Post#415 » by Montmorencie » Sat May 11, 2024 3:53 am

But, but, but... "SGA deserves the mvp, he was robbed" :lol:
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 3,094

Post#416 » by GettinitDone » Sat May 11, 2024 4:54 am

To be honest I'm kinda relieved Nugs won this convincingly, for first 2 games and after they swept the Suns, Wolves looked like total juggernauts... at least they look beatable now I'm sure they're still my fave Finals matchups for Knicks... followed by Nuggets then Thunder in that order
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,419

Post#417 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sat May 11, 2024 5:32 am

GettinitDone wrote:To be honest I'm kinda relieved Nugs won this convincingly, for first 2 games and after they swept the Suns, Wolves looked like total juggernauts... at least they look beatable now I'm sure they're still my fave Finals matchups for Knicks... followed by Nuggets then Thunder in that order

Expected order or preferred order?

Looks close to me. They all 4 look like good teams to me.
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 3,094

Post#418 » by GettinitDone » Sat May 11, 2024 6:06 am

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
GettinitDone wrote:To be honest I'm kinda relieved Nugs won this convincingly, for first 2 games and after they swept the Suns, Wolves looked like total juggernauts... at least they look beatable now I'm sure they're still my fave Finals matchups for Knicks... followed by Nuggets then Thunder in that order

Expected order or preferred order?

Looks close to me. They all 4 look like good teams to me.

Preferred order, I think we'll beat Celtics to go to Finals, and I prefer us playing Wolves most, Nuggets second and Thunder third
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,543

Post#419 » by robillionaire » Sat May 11, 2024 1:07 pm

Nuggets got one back on the road. If they take game 4 they’re back in the driver’s seat of the series
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,321

Post#420 » by Besart19 » Sat May 11, 2024 3:20 pm

nyknicks09 wrote:
sol537 wrote:If you do Randle + Bogs for KD... and if KD buys in and stays relatively healthy... that's a legit contender for the next 2 years... can't rule it out.

I rather go after Paul George. I think he fits with these current Knicks players.

Resign OG and package Randle, and iHart(S&T) for Paul George and Daniel Theis.

Short term, George and Davis

Davis / Achiuwa / Sims
Anunoby / Harris / Prince
George / Hart / Draft '24
Donte / McBride / Burks
Brunson / Rokas / Lowry
Strength and Honour!

Return to New York Knicks