ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: let's try that again

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Re: PG: let's try that again 

Post#301 » by KnicksGod » Tue May 14, 2024 4:24 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Every player must take a red wine bath with Amare.

lol

A good post among a lot of whining
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#302 » by KnicksGod » Tue May 14, 2024 4:28 am

aggo wrote:as usual the stupid-insane takes:

our first guy off the bench before OG was hurt has disappointed on both ends of the court for 2 series now. he had 1 game but otherwise has fired off 8 or 9, whatever it is straight duds ON BOTH ends.

that's miles McBride.

48% and 43% against Philly. 11 ppg, 11 assists total with 3 turnovers

Yeah one good game right on the money
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,571

Post#303 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 14, 2024 4:45 am

KnicksGod wrote:

our first guy off the bench before OG was hurt has disappointed on both ends of the court for 2 series now. he had 1 game but otherwise has fired off 8 or 9, whatever it is straight duds ON BOTH ends.

that's miles McBride.

It's only because Burks has been so bad, up until the last 2 games, that McBride has been called up. I think he's been a little overwhelmed in this series. I'm expecting to see Burks with bigger minutes tonight.
Free Palestine
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#304 » by KnicksGod » Tue May 14, 2024 5:02 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

that's miles McBride.

It's only because Burks has been so bad, up until the last 2 games, that McBride has been called up. I think he's been a little overwhelmed in this series. I'm expecting to see Burks with bigger minutes tonight.

He was playing Deuce 48 minutes in Golden State not too long ago. And Burks barely any minutes. To go from that to a new plan even after Deuce had an excellent first round is very dubious. This series is all of four games lol.

Our 2 and only wins in THIS series were with Alec not playing and Deuce playing significant minutes. Deuce’s poor shooting of 6-17 was in a blowout loss, the same game that Alec “broke out in.” (Terrible players love nothing more than getting some shots up without pressure.)

At our age, don’t fool yourself into thinking Burks will contribute to a good playoff W ahead of Deuce, outplaying Deuce.

Since even some of the moderators are complaining about me — I make this solemn promise: If Burks is on the court for just one playoff game where he is a key contributor, or even plays the last 5 minutes in a win, I’ll gladly not post the remainder of the playoffs and into June.

That’s my self bet: you won’t see me (not one post) if Burks helps in a big win. It won’t happen! If it does, I’ll go bye bye.

Happy to put some parameters around minutes or points but if he is a key guy in a big playoff win (just one), we’ll know it when we see it.
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,368

Post#305 » by matchman » Tue May 14, 2024 5:08 am

So Donovan's coach should be fired too, how dare let him being overused for a calf strain!?

Injuries happen in the playoffs.
Are you fans of the team or the player?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#306 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 14, 2024 5:26 am

KnicksGod wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

He was playing Deuce 48 minutes in Golden State not too long ago. And Burks barely any minutes. To go from that to a new plan even after Deuce had an excellent first round is very dubious. This series is all of four games lol.

Our 2 and only wins in THIS series were with Alec not playing and Deuce playing significant minutes. Deuce’s poor shooting of 6-17 was in a blowout loss, the same game that Alec “broke out in.” (Terrible players love nothing more than getting some shots up without pressure.)

At our age, don’t fool yourself into thinking Burks will contribute to a good playoff W ahead of Deuce, outplaying Deuce.

Since even some of the moderators are complaining about me — I make this solemn promise: If Burks is on the court for just one playoff game where he is a key contributor, or even plays the last 5 minutes in a win, I’ll gladly not post the remainder of the playoffs and into June.

That’s my self bet: you won’t see me (not one post) if Burks helps in a big win. It won’t happen! If it does, I’ll go bye bye.

Happy to put some parameters around minutes or points but if he is a key guy in a big playoff win (just one), we’ll know it when we see it.

I had no idea. Define "help". :lol:

Well, I don't want you to leave even if you are wrong about that. I can't argue with any of the stats you presented. Don't get me wrong, I think we need Deuce too. Everyone is going to have to play well or at the very least do no damage. We really have very little margin for error given our remaining roster and that assumes that Brunson is relatively healthy to play tonight.
Free Palestine
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#307 » by KnicksGod » Tue May 14, 2024 5:35 am

I am fair. I hope if he plays Burks contributes to a win.

I’ll be generous, I just don’t see it happening. He is really that bad, and Deuce — he’s young, but he can have the light go back on in a flash. He’s good.
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,707

Post#308 » by rajajackal » Tue May 14, 2024 7:08 am

KnicksGod wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

this is f*cked up because i want the same thing as you but i'm rooting for you to stop posting
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#309 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 14, 2024 7:17 am

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Brunson just hasn't looked the same since he has gotten hurt. I dont know if he'll get to 100%. Have to hope he's close enough and that Hart and Donte can step up too. We are desperately depending on them with all the injuries

But he did still score 24 points in the 2nd half in Game 3 after he first hurt the foot/ankle (so why did he grab his groin area?). The problem in Game 4 was that Nesmith stepped underneath Brunson’s landing area on a 3-point attempt (happened right in front of the referee but no-call, of course) he appeared to re-injure it. What this means for tonight, I have no idea.
Free Palestine
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,370

Post#310 » by aq_ua » Tue May 14, 2024 8:37 am

KnicksGod wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Every player must take a red wine bath with Amare.

lol

A good post among a lot of whining

Whining and dining
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#311 » by KnicksGod » Tue May 14, 2024 9:12 am

rajajackal wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

this is f*cked up because i want the same thing as you but i'm rooting for you to stop posting

lol
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,455

Post#312 » by god shammgod » Tue May 14, 2024 10:41 am

it'll be what it'll be. no need to get all upset. but yes, shart got rag dolled by embiid and now in the series that people claimed was "his series" he looks even worse on defense. it's true.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,329

Post#313 » by Besart19 » Tue May 14, 2024 10:45 am

god shammgod wrote:it'll be what it'll be. no need to get all upset. but yes, shart got rag dolled by embiid and now in the series that people claimed was "his series" he looks even worse on defense.

he looked awful even with the slowest amongst the elite, Anthony Davis... he is good only if there is no threat from the bigs and he can do good things as a help defender, patrolling the paint and is also good in icing the high PnR... other than that, NADA
Strength and Honour!
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,008

Post#314 » by Nazrmohamed » Tue May 14, 2024 11:12 am

KnicksGod wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

Idk why we have to choose. We have about 7 playable guys right now. Play them both. Hell, YOU may have to play tonight Knicksgod. Why tf are we debating which of the two play? Play em both.
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,895

Post#315 » by Buttah304 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:06 pm

god shammgod wrote:it'll be what it'll be. no need to get all upset. but yes, shart got rag dolled by embiid and now in the series that people claimed was "his series" he looks even worse on defense. it's true.

Sham - has iHart grabbed one legitimate rebound in traffic this series? Feels like he’s been overmatched physically in every game. His January 12.5 RPG run had people drinking the kool-aid but the reality is that he’s grabbing you 7 boards at best these days.

Has he had some nice moments passing? Absolutely. But we need him to be an absolute menace on the boards & defensively. He’s also blocked just 2 shots in 136min vs Indiana. Its like he’s morphing into Nurkic
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,560

Post#316 » by sol537 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:13 pm

Buttah304 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:it'll be what it'll be. no need to get all upset. but yes, shart got rag dolled by embiid and now in the series that people claimed was "his series" he looks even worse on defense. it's true.

Sham - has iHart grabbed one legitimate rebound in traffic this series? Feels like he’s been overmatched physically in every game. His January 12.5 RPG run had people drinking the kool-aid but the reality is that he’s grabbing you 7 boards at best these days.

Has he had some nice moments passing? Absolutely. But we need him to be an absolute menace on the boards & defensively. He’s also blocked just 2 shots in 136min vs Indiana. Its like he’s morphing into Nurkic

iHart has been disappointing these playoffs... maybe he's injured, too? Or is the moment too big for him? Or is he really just a 22min back-up big?
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,388

Post#317 » by Fury » Tue May 14, 2024 1:21 pm

Buttah304 wrote:

Gee, I don't know, maybe the one that won us Game 2 vs. the Sixers

Hartenstein was good the first two games vs. Indiana. He had a great Game 2. He was so so in Game 3 and he was bad in Game 4. Lets not get carried away with BS agendas just cause someone is a fanboy of someone on the same team. It's **** weird and annoying. Overall, he hasn't been great, but he's had his games and moments.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,738

Post#318 » by DOT » Tue May 14, 2024 1:29 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
DOT wrote:
Reign23 wrote:they other is that the other 7 teams have a combined 2 players who average 40+ minutes per game. we have 3.

Over the last 15 games of the regular season, Hart was 1st in total minutes, DiVo 2nd, and Brunson 8th

That's the bigger issue than playoff minutes and is why you need a bench. Not for the playoffs, but for the regular season so that guys aren't dead when you get there.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=nba+players+2023-2024+leader+for+minutes+played

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/traditional?LastNGames=15&PerMode=Totals&dir=A&sort=MIN
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#319 » by KnicksGod » Tue May 14, 2024 1:43 pm

Buttah304 wrote:

Might also be hurt, who knows.
Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,895

Post#320 » by Buttah304 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:51 pm

Fury wrote:
Buttah304 wrote:

Gee, I don't know, maybe the one that won us Game 2 vs. the Sixers

Hartenstein was good the first two games vs. Indiana. He had a great Game 2. He was so so in Game 3 and he was bad in Game 4. Lets not get carried away with BS agendas just cause someone is a fanboy of someone on the same team. It's **** weird and annoying. Overall, he hasn't been great, but he's had his games and moments.

iHart had the single worst defensive rating vs Philly throughout the entirety of the series at 129.9

What exactly is he doing now vs Indiana? Is he stopping Turner - certainly not. Preventing layups at the rim? Definitely not his DFG% <6 feet was an elite 53% (regular season) and this series it’s 67%. For a guy whom during January/February was having 1000 posts about his “stocks” - he’s yet to record a steal vs Indiana and hasn’t since game 5 vs Philly. He’s AVG .5 blocks over his last 8 playoff games.

Just because someone points out that a player has been disappointing doesn’t mean they are creating an agenda. I dunno why your feelings are hurt

Return to New York Knicks