ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,442

Re: Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#761 » by Luv those Knicks » Mon May 13, 2024 10:39 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:Either way this is a very real scenario imo and we would benefit greatly from the added shooting, huge body, sound decision making. KAT is a beast, regardless of what he may have looked like the other night. He’ll battle Jokic, Embiid etc and give you very, very good spacing as well as an unselfish player.

The more I think about KAT or Mitchell. I would like to have a guy like KAT. He can play both position and shoot at a high 3pt rate (42% this year). He is a 3 level scorer and is willing to defer if needed.

Mitchell is so explosive but having 2 smallish guys in the backcourt makes me queasy but having those 2 in the backcourt can make a lot of problems also go away. Both can handle the rock, can be lead guards when one is on the bench, can close games, won't need a backup PG in the offseason.

Absolutely. The list of players like Towns is very short. Markkanen comes to mind, Embiid and Jokic, Wemby now and AD, who is a worse shooter by far. Hell, KP isn’t even on that level and I think that’s the list. Reid is another guy (which should only make KAT more expendable). They would certainly consider trading him for Randle.

If this is true, couldn't Mini get a ton for him in trade? That's why I don't think this is likely. They wouldn't have to settle for Randle, they could shop him all over the league (well, maybe not in their division), but I have a hard time seeing a trade go down where we get the better player and we don't give up that much.
Now it's all about the off-season for my Knicks. (and rooting for Boston to crush Indiana).
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,560

Post#762 » by sol537 » Tue May 14, 2024 12:17 am

No KAT. No Ingram. Keep em eye out for Mikal, Spida, Giannis, Booker… likely none of them are available to us but you never know…

The stand pat route is fine too. Adding Randle and depth to this core is going to make us really good. Top 2 again, legit contender this time.

IHart, OG resigned. Maybe bring Rokas. Maybe draft 2-3 3&D big wings with upside. Run it back with good vibes and good health. Use Bogs and Mitch at the deadline if there’s something to be had. We’re in great shape.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,935

Post#763 » by KnixinSix » Tue May 14, 2024 2:14 am

sol537 wrote:No KAT. No Ingram. Keep em eye out for Mikal, Spida, Giannis, Booker… likely none of them are available to us but you never know…

The stand pat route is fine too. Adding Randle and depth to this core is going to make us really good. Top 2 again, legit contender this time.

IHart, OG resigned. Maybe bring Rokas. Maybe draft 2-3 3&D big wings with upside. Run it back with good vibes and good health. Use Bogs and Mitch at the deadline if there’s something to be had. We’re in great shape.

Im thinking out of the 4 you mentioned at least 1 pries free.

The interesting one I hear is Cade depending on who comes in as coach and how they want to rebuild moving forward. If they opt to build heavy in the draft Cade might become available for a pick heavy package. Lower probability but stranger things have happened I guess.

There is sometimes a surprise guy that pries free that some do not expect in the market and maybe its Cade this year.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,452

Post#764 » by Oscirus » Tue May 14, 2024 7:30 am

Time to present the most laughably bad trade suggestion for the Knicks
https://share.newsbreak.com/6w0oqw63
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#765 » by KnixinSix » Tue May 14, 2024 12:09 pm

Wildcat wrote:
Meat wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
He rode them because the bench after the OG trade has been an inconsistent at best. Injuries didn't help to cerement consistency. I'm absolutely not blaming Randle, but his injury created such a ripple effect. A bench of Josh, Deuce, Mitch, and maybe another guard (or Bogs) is going do wonders for their starting unit. The one thing I can say about Josh's experience as a starter is probably having him as the primary ball handler for the bench, so Deuce isn't pressured to playing as a PG.

yeah i think next year's bench of ddv, jhart and deuce is going to be killer

That's if you're think they're getting either of your guys. I think Cavs are more likely to trade Garland to built a roster around Spida than it is to see him be traded here. Just too much money on the line for Spida. If the team stands pat, I think Deuce is going to be able to play well with Josh's fast pace.

Mitchell has no interest in resigning there and is going into the last year of his contract. Now if James leaves LA to go back home, I COULD see Cleveland being like lets give a 1 year title run window a shot even if they lose DMitch for nothing next offseason. But short of that, I think they either really go after a star and a title run or trade him so they dont lose him for nothing.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
NowWHYcee7
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,005

Post#766 » by NowWHYcee7 » Tue May 14, 2024 12:27 pm

The hawks may try to move Murray now, are we gonna make a move for him?
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,115

Post#767 » by thebuzzardman » Tue May 14, 2024 12:41 pm

NowWHYcee7 wrote:The hawks may try to move Murray now, are we gonna make a move for him?

F*ck doing them any favors
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,467

Post#768 » by spree8 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:14 pm

Bout to run a 2k season with these moves for 2025 (finished up the 24’ playoffs n got to the finals after forcing wins for all teams up until today, took over and finished off Indy, beat Boston … but swept by Denver)

NYK: Mikal
OKC: Mitch
BKN: Deuce, #24, #25, WAS+DET+MIL 1st, NYK+DEN (via OKC) 25’ 1st

NYK: Caruso
CHI: Boj, 27’ 1st (lotto protected), #38, 28’ + 29’ 2nd

Extend: OG (4y/130m)
Extend: iHart (4y/70m)

Sign: Jonas (full MLE)
Sign: Torrey Craig (full BAE)
Sign: Bamba (min)
Sign: Bullock (min)
Sign: Delon Wright (min)
Sign: Mook (min)
Sign: Markieff (min)

Waive: Achiuwa
Waive: Sims

Jalen Brunson | Alex Caruso | Delon Wright
Mikal Bridges | Donte DiVincenzo | Reggie Bullock
OG Anunoby | Josh Hart | Marcus Morris
Julius Randle | Torrey Craig | Markieff Morris
Isaiah Hartenstein | Jonas Valančiūnas | Mo Bamba
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,560

Post#769 » by sol537 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:19 pm

These are the questions I'd be asking for any new player targets: Can you play play defense at a high level? Are you durable? Have you shown that you have the dog in you in big games?

KAT, Ingram, Murray and guys like that fail one or more of these questions so I'd pass all day on those guys.

Spida has the dog in him so I'd consider him if he really wants NYK. Failing that, we should just run it back with a healthy squad and upgrade the depth via draft picks and MLE.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#770 » by moocow007 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:29 pm

NowWHYcee7 wrote:The hawks may try to move Murray now, are we gonna make a move for him?

Not for nothing but Murray kinda looked like crap with the Hawks. Ever since his last knee injury he hasn't looked quite the same.
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 8,234

Post#771 » by Knick4Real » Tue May 14, 2024 2:14 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:I would trade Bojan and our 2 2024 picks in a sign & trade for Quickley

Brunson/McBride
Quickley/Divenceno
Anunoby/Hart
Randle/Hart
Mitch/Hartenstein

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 46,186

Post#772 » by dakomish23 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:32 pm

Go get another legitimate C. And a hybrid F. Maybe see what it would take to get Tyus Jones here
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#773 » by dakomish23 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:35 pm

I’m more interested in seeing what they want for the #1 pick. The Sarr stretch 5 possibility have piqued my interest

https://youtu.be/?si=AnWqgn4fQOSqaod_

https://youtube.com/shorts/1o_uhzSGuoY?si=yjdPbBRsv59O7ofH

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#774 » by dakomish23 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:51 pm

Let’s undo the error of not getting my man Tyus Jones. Give me 48 mins of the best PG play in the NBA. And please give Jalen some rest

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 34,321

Post#775 » by TheGreenArrow » Tue May 14, 2024 3:54 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,949

Post#776 » by spree2kawhi » Tue May 14, 2024 4:09 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
The more I think about KAT or Mitchell. I would like to have a guy like KAT. He can play both position and shoot at a high 3pt rate (42% this year). He is a 3 level scorer and is willing to defer if needed.

Mitchell is so explosive but having 2 smallish guys in the backcourt makes me queasy but having those 2 in the backcourt can make a lot of problems also go away. Both can handle the rock, can be lead guards when one is on the bench, can close games, won't need a backup PG in the offseason.

Absolutely. The list of players like Towns is very short. Markkanen comes to mind, Embiid and Jokic, Wemby now and AD, who is a worse shooter by far. Hell, KP isn’t even on that level and I think that’s the list. Reid is another guy (which should only make KAT more expendable). They would certainly consider trading him for Randle.

If this is true, couldn't Mini get a ton for him in trade? That's why I don't think this is likely. They wouldn't have to settle for Randle, they could shop him all over the league (well, maybe not in their division), but I have a hard time seeing a trade go down where we get the better player and we don't give up that much.

Depending on who you ask, Randle is All NBA. Saving 20 million in cap space while trading for an All NBA PF is the deal. We’re getting a very rare type of player at a very/too high rate. Nothing’s ever perfect.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#777 » by dakomish23 » Tue May 14, 2024 10:18 pm

Remember in the summer of 2019 when GSW gave a very lightly protected 1st to dump Iggy and we instead chose to sign the trash role players when we clearly should have been going full blown tank / youth movement?

That pick has conveyed - 14th to POR. Went to BOS in the KP Smart deal then they flipped it to POR for Jrue.

So congrats to all those who justified the idiocy back then. I’m so grateful Mills is gone

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#778 » by KnixinSix » Tue May 14, 2024 11:38 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Maybe trade Randle for picks to get the money for Hartenstein, or as part of some additional salary dumps to get his money.

There is no way, we are not giving up a 25/10 sub 30 year old top 30 NBA player on a great salary relative to his production for picks to get IHart signed.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,604

Post#779 » by WargamesX » Wed May 15, 2024 4:46 am

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

Bill Simmons spent almost 2 minutes asking that question. :lol:
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach

Post#780 » by KnixinSix » Wed May 15, 2024 11:18 am

Last night was case in point, everytime we play small ball this year the results have been excellent.

Off season plan:

1. Trade Mitchell Robinson, Bogey, McBride and 3 FRPs for Donovan Mitchell and Okoro

2. Re-sign Isaiah Hartenstein

3. Keep Randle

Hartenstein (28), Precious (20)
Randle (32) , OG (16)
OG (14), Hart(20), DDV (8), Okoro (5)
Spidah (20), Hart (10), DDV(16), Okoro (2)
Brunson (34), Spidah (14)

Minutes distribution is excellent. Your top 5 Randle, Brunson, Spidah, Hart and OG all get 30+ minutes. There is ample defenders at every position 1 to 5. There is rebounding, more of a consistent 3 ball. Okoro and DDV play more when injuries come. It's an extremely dynamic,deep, and well constructed Tom Thibodeau team.

Return to New York Knicks