ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Game 5, Indiana Pacers @ New York Knicks, Tuesday 8 PM

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,575

Re: GT: Game 5, Indiana Pacers @ New York Knicks, Tuesday 7:30 PM 

Post#421 » by sol537 » Tue May 14, 2024 7:36 pm

kNicksGmen wrote:
sol537 wrote:Hart trade: A
IHart Signing: A
OG Trade: A
Brunson signing: A+
DDV signing: A+

Some of Leon’s best moves… what’s next and can he keep hitting home runs? Maybe he finds another MLE gem like DDV. Maybe he brings Mikal home. Or Spida.

Exciting times to be a NYK fan at long last.

for sure. hope is we end up with a potential rotation player with one of our draft picks plus add a quality piece via MLE. After that there's any number of possibilities including a smaller trade. Have to hope we can retain I-Hart though. Not signing him to a 3 year deal is one of his less than great moves (hindsight obviously)

A good draft pick (out of three picks) and a solid mle signing is very realistic with this front office. I’m all for the infusion of young talent/depth.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,783

Post#422 » by Lord Commander » Tue May 14, 2024 7:41 pm

Man...Mikal is the answer. But Brooklyn ain't just gonna hand him over even with all our picks.
SARGO127
General Manager
And1: 3,084

Post#423 » by SARGO127 » Tue May 14, 2024 7:43 pm

If this team wants to continue to compete and have longevity, they need to hit home runs on some of these draft picks. Think Maxey.

We have to pay Brunson soon and iHart this year. Need some younger, cheaper talent.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,600

Post#424 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 14, 2024 7:44 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:OG out for game 5. Shocking development!

Game 7 baby!
Free Palestine
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#425 » by KnicksGod » Tue May 14, 2024 7:45 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Guano wrote:We're fcked - he hates jHart.
Read on Twitter

The thin lips and taut face of the corrupt zealot. Don't try to tell me differently.

:lol:
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,469

Post#426 » by spree8 » Tue May 14, 2024 7:47 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
spree8 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I wouldn't say Mitchell is IDEAL...it would be brunson takes a turn then mitchell takes a turn type offense...and he isn't a good defensive player. Not saying I wouldn't want him because you can't turn down that scoring especially needed in the playoffs...but it’s not IDEAL.

I think it is. They can play together, and I don’t think it’d be like that (your turn my turn). They’re both excellent 40+% catch and shoot players from 3, move well without the ball, high IQ, and good passers…they’re just cerebral assassins that I think would pick apart defenses together.

Combine that with the passing ability of Randle n iHart, and I think that offense would be brutal to stop.. just too much firepower.

Only question is if we could outbid Miami for him… if I’m Cleveland, I’m taking their offer over ours.

because Herro would be in it?

And Jaime
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#427 » by KnicksGod » Tue May 14, 2024 7:48 pm

Brunson needs to resist the urge to dribble a lot. Also Deuce does need to step up and I think he might but are we going to condemn the man after he already beat IQ’s best playoff series?
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,397

Post#428 » by Fury » Tue May 14, 2024 7:48 pm

spree8 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
spree8 wrote:

I think it is. They can play together, and I don’t think it’d be like that (your turn my turn). They’re both excellent 40+% catch and shoot players from 3, move well without the ball, high IQ, and good passers…they’re just cerebral assassins that I think would pick apart defenses together.

Combine that with the passing ability of Randle n iHart, and I think that offense would be brutal to stop.. just too much firepower.

Only question is if we could outbid Miami for him… if I’m Cleveland, I’m taking their offer over ours.

And Jaime

They won’t trade Jaime. Miami is notoriously cheap.
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,509

Post#429 » by Spida888 » Tue May 14, 2024 7:53 pm

Good luck tonight guys, will be rooting for ya.

sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,575

Post#430 » by sol537 » Tue May 14, 2024 8:00 pm

spree8 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
spree8 wrote:

And Jaime

McBride + Mitch Rob + picks trumps Herro + Jaime + lesser picks... IMO. Better contracts... better picks... Papa Johns.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#431 » by KnicksGod » Tue May 14, 2024 8:10 pm

It's funny - if I'm Indy, I'm feeling real good about things - obviously if only for the clear flow of the series, and Knicks' injuries, after a blowout - but I'm also nervous as hell that JB can still win one game of the next two and put you on the road for a climactic battle.
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,613

Post#432 » by Context » Tue May 14, 2024 8:12 pm

Read on Twitter
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#433 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 14, 2024 8:14 pm

The preview from The Pope. Mike has been doing a good job covering this series.

We need to contain Haliburton, the dribble penetration, and the bench (McConnell and Obi).

Free Palestine
Context
RealGM

Post#434 » by Context » Tue May 14, 2024 8:15 pm

Read on Twitter
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#435 » by Context » Tue May 14, 2024 8:15 pm

Time to get this thread right!
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,469

Post#436 » by spree8 » Tue May 14, 2024 8:17 pm

Fury wrote:
spree8 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

And Jaime

They won’t trade Jaime. Miami is notoriously cheap.

I personally hope they’d be that dumb but I can’t see Riley allowing Jaime to hold up a deal to pair Donovan with Jimmy. If they could dump Duncan’s deal in the process, I think they wouldn’t hesitate.
Context
RealGM

Post#437 » by Context » Tue May 14, 2024 8:17 pm

Read on Twitter
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
will
RealGM
And1: 50,006
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#438 » by will » Tue May 14, 2024 8:17 pm

This a board is going to explode. Regardless of the outcome.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,466

Post#439 » by god shammgod » Tue May 14, 2024 8:23 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
isn't that why we have been hording all these draft picks and acquiring the Bogs contract?

I think they will pull the trigger on something. It might not be the most ideal fit but they need to bring in additional talent just to help take the load off some of these guys in the regular season especially Brunson because Thibs wears them down and we have to protect our playoff success against his lunacy.

who is the not ideal fit star we can get ? kat ? does that change much even if we could ? we don't know we can get mitchell. it's just not that easy.

I wouldn't say Mitchell is IDEAL...it would be brunson takes a turn then mitchell takes a turn type offense...and he isn't a good defensive player. Not saying I wouldn't want him because you can't turn down that scoring especially needed in the playoffs...but its not IDEAL.

I think they will turn Bogs contract at least into something even if its a better version of him...they also picks 24 and 25 in this draft...unless we use those picks who probably wont crack our rotation probably best to move those picks as well in the offseason.

There will be some shakeups...there always are...I just don't think we can just wait any longer...brunson isn't getting younger and his contract is going to be a huge increase the year after next.

you read it wrong, i mentioned him as not an ideal fit. and yes, the knicks want to get something done but that doesn't mean they will. sure they can change some role players around but actually getting a 2nd star is not always that easy. unless they're gonna settle on some lesser talent like ingram or murray. and i'm not sure how much that improves things.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#440 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 14, 2024 8:28 pm

god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
who is the not ideal fit star we can get ? kat ? does that change much even if we could ? we don't know we can get mitchell. it's just not that easy.

I wouldn't say Mitchell is IDEAL...it would be brunson takes a turn then mitchell takes a turn type offense...and he isn't a good defensive player. Not saying I wouldn't want him because you can't turn down that scoring especially needed in the playoffs...but its not IDEAL.

I think they will turn Bogs contract at least into something even if its a better version of him...they also picks 24 and 25 in this draft...unless we use those picks who probably wont crack our rotation probably best to move those picks as well in the offseason.

There will be some shakeups...there always are...I just don't think we can just wait any longer...brunson isn't getting younger and his contract is going to be a huge increase the year after next.

you read it wrong, i mentioned him as not an ideal fit. and yes, the knicks want to get something done but that doesn't mean they will. sure they can change some role players around but actually getting a 2nd star is not always that easy. unless they're gonna settle on some lesser talent like ingram or murray. and i'm not sure how much that improves things.

We already have a second star in Randle who would’ve made his 3rd All NBA team in the last 4 years. We’re not trading him
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks