ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: let's try that again

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,808

Re: PG: let's try that again 

Post#321 » by FrozenEnvelope » Tue May 14, 2024 1:56 pm

DOT wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
DOT wrote:Over the last 15 games of the regular season, Hart was 1st in total minutes, DiVo 2nd, and Brunson 8th

That's the bigger issue than playoff minutes and is why you need a bench. Not for the playoffs, but for the regular season so that guys aren't dead when you get there.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=nba+players+2023-2024+leader+for+minutes+played

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/traditional?LastNGames=15&PerMode=Totals&dir=A&sort=MIN

Did Thibs have a choice?
Should we decrease minutes next April and next season overall regardless if we're in a playoff seeding battle and sacrifice homecourt?
Is there a magic number of minutes and games played that will decrease fatigue and injuries?
Should Kidd cut Luka's minutes and should Malone cut Jokic's minutes too?
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,392

Post#322 » by Fury » Tue May 14, 2024 2:15 pm

Buttah304 wrote:
Fury wrote:
Buttah304 wrote:
Sham - has iHart grabbed one legitimate rebound in traffic this series? Feels like he’s been overmatched physically in every game. His January 12.5 RPG run had people drinking the kool-aid but the reality is that he’s grabbing you 7 boards at best these days.

Has he had some nice moments passing? Absolutely. But we need him to be an absolute menace on the boards & defensively. He’s also blocked just 2 shots in 136min vs Indiana. Its like he’s morphing into Nurkic

Gee, I don't know, maybe the one that won us Game 2 vs. the Sixers

Hartenstein was good the first two games vs. Indiana. He had a great Game 2. He was so so in Game 3 and he was bad in Game 4. Lets not get carried away with BS agendas just cause someone is a fanboy of someone on the same team. It's **** weird and annoying. Overall, he hasn't been great, but he's had his games and moments.

iHart had the single worst defensive rating vs Philly throughout the entirety of the series at 129.9

What exactly is he doing now vs Indiana? Is he stopping Turner - certainly not. Preventing layups at the rim? Definitely not his DFG% <6 feet was an elite 53% (regular season) and this series it’s 67%. For a guy whom during January/February was having 1000 posts about his “stocks” - he’s yet to record a steal vs Indiana and hasn’t since game 5 vs Philly. He’s AVG .5 blocks over his last 8 playoff games.

Just because someone points out that a player has been disappointing doesn’t mean they are creating an agenda. I dunno why your feelings are hurt

He was a net positive in the first two games. He was great in game 2. He was huge in Game 2 vs the Sixers, and you ignoring that then telling me I have an agenda? I'm telling you he hasn't been great but to say that there's been no positives is nuts.

The guy talking about "1,000 posts about his stocks" is telling me about agendas. Keep your projection to yourself.

You asked a question and I answered it. I dunno why your feelings are hurt.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 46,191

Post#323 » by dakomish23 » Tue May 14, 2024 2:54 pm

Hartenstein had a bad game 4. So did everyone who mattered. Pretending he’s trash is dumb. Pretending he’s jokic is dumb.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,575

Post#324 » by Hes_On_Fire » Tue May 14, 2024 2:56 pm

It actually all went downhill after Clyde posted a Biden shrine in the Game 2 post game.

Sad!
Thank you, Rick Brunson.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,575

Post#325 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 14, 2024 8:10 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:It actually all went downhill after Clyde posted a Biden shrine in the Game 2 post game.

Sad!

I knew that was a bad move as soon as I saw it.
Free Palestine
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#326 » by KnicksGod » Tue May 14, 2024 10:57 pm

dakomish23 wrote:Hartenstein had a bad game 4. So did everyone who mattered. Pretending he’s trash is dumb. Pretending he’s jokic is dumb.

Fair and balanced. I don’t see why he’s not the passer much more often. That seems like a switch Thibs could throw.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 46,191

Post#327 » by dakomish23 » Tue May 14, 2024 11:53 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Hartenstein had a bad game 4. So did everyone who mattered. Pretending he’s trash is dumb. Pretending he’s jokic is dumb.

Fair and balanced. I don’t see why he’s not the passer much more often. That seems like a switch Thibs could throw.

I thought Thibs does use it - def more than with Mitch. Maybe it’s just when it executes they’re big plays for us
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#328 » by KnicksGod » Wed May 15, 2024 12:00 am

dakomish23 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

I thought Thibs does use it - def more than with Mitch. Maybe it’s just when it executes they’re big plays for us

He does but I mean a lot a lot
E86
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,177

Post#329 » by E86 » Wed May 15, 2024 12:36 am

i love the knicks. i love the knicks so much.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,879

Post#330 » by cgmw » Wed May 15, 2024 1:12 am

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
cgmw wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:Brunson just hasn't looked the same since he has gotten hurt. I dont know if he'll get to 100%. Have to hope he's close enough and that Hart and Donte can step up too. We are desperately depending on them with all the injuries

Idk if it’s just the injury because we’ve seen him have bad games before where he’s running on fumes in zombie mode.

We saw it a few times in the regular season and then a little bit to start the Philly series.

Every time we’ve seen it before, he’s bounced back with historically good games to the point that I don’t doubt him any more. I don’t think it’s just hope or optimism to expect a massive Game 5. At this point it seems like trust. Based on what we’ve seen before, I trust Jalen to bounce back and do incredible things.

But then again, maybe you’re right and he’s hiding the severity of a big injury. Hard to say, but it’s seems more likely he’s just gassed from putting up Jordan-like numbers for 7 consecutive playoff games.

It looks more like his foot to me. At times he is even limping. He doesn't have the same burst, shiftyness and lift as usual. Everything was basically short. Even that layup he missed...he really didn't want to jump and was favoring that foot

But yea, I would not discount him and he can bounce back with a monster game even if he's not 100%

How’s that foot looking now, Deez? 8-)
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,188

Post#331 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed May 15, 2024 2:44 am

cgmw wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
cgmw wrote:Idk if it’s just the injury because we’ve seen him have bad games before where he’s running on fumes in zombie mode.

We saw it a few times in the regular season and then a little bit to start the Philly series.

Every time we’ve seen it before, he’s bounced back with historically good games to the point that I don’t doubt him any more. I don’t think it’s just hope or optimism to expect a massive Game 5. At this point it seems like trust. Based on what we’ve seen before, I trust Jalen to bounce back and do incredible things.

But then again, maybe you’re right and he’s hiding the severity of a big injury. Hard to say, but it’s seems more likely he’s just gassed from putting up Jordan-like numbers for 7 consecutive playoff games.

It looks more like his foot to me. At times he is even limping. He doesn't have the same burst, shiftyness and lift as usual. Everything was basically short. Even that layup he missed...he really didn't want to jump and was favoring that foot

But yea, I would not discount him and he can bounce back with a monster game even if he's not 100%

How’s that foot looking now, Deez? 8-)

Glad I was wrong :lol: Looked like the old Brunson. Great to see that. He def didn’t look right the last 2 games.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
LFGK
Sophomore
And1: 245

Post#332 » by LFGK » Wed May 15, 2024 4:13 am

KNICKS IN SIX….Flipping the switch and having McBride deny Haliburton of the ball was a genius play
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 20,003

Post#333 » by RHODEY » Wed May 15, 2024 4:51 am

RHODEY
RealGM

Post#334 » by RHODEY » Wed May 15, 2024 12:58 pm

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,614

Post#335 » by robillionaire » Wed May 15, 2024 1:03 pm

RHODEY wrote:

Draymonds comparisons to the Blazers and Hawks teams that made the conference finals aren’t completely insane especially since those teams were led by PG playing at insane levels like Brunson is. But I think we have more going for us than those teams did both on the talent level of the current roster but also our assets ability to improve and being in New York to help lure more talent. Plus we have a great coach so that helps
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#336 » by RHODEY » Wed May 15, 2024 1:38 pm

robillionaire wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Draymonds comparisons to the Blazers and Hawks teams that made the conference finals aren’t completely insane especially since those teams were led by PG playing at insane levels like Brunson is. But I think we have more going for us than those teams did both on the talent level of the current roster but also our assets ability to improve and being in New York to help lure more talent. Plus we have a great coach so that helps

Plus when those teams made their runs they were healthy. We are down 2 starters and 2 key bench guys....that alone says we have huge upside.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,614

Post#337 » by robillionaire » Wed May 15, 2024 1:47 pm

RHODEY wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Plus when those teams made their runs they were healthy. We are down 2 starters and 2 key bench guys....that alone says we have huge upside.

Right, this is not a team that is at the ceiling of their potential based on the injuries alone. I’m really not sure why the Hawks fell off the way they did though. You’d have thought they’d be a threat for years to come.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#338 » by RHODEY » Wed May 15, 2024 2:04 pm

robillionaire wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Right, this is not a team that is at the ceiling of their potential based on the injuries alone. I’m really not sure why the Hawks fell off the way they did though. You’d have thought they’d be a threat for years to come.

I think those Hawks were actually flukey. They caught teams slipping then because their offense was loaded relative to other teams .. But none of their guys have improved past that point while other teams in the east certainly did.\

Trae is tough to build around and their defense was/still is bad. Honestly they remind me of this year's Pacers. Great offensively , while catching undermanned or unprepared teams in the playoffs - making them seem better than they actually are.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#339 » by RHODEY » Wed May 15, 2024 2:06 pm

KnicksGod wrote:

But how many centers even give you the passing that he gives us? It seems a little nit picky , especially when dude is setting playoff records for offensive rebounding.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#340 » by RHODEY » Wed May 15, 2024 2:54 pm

delete

Return to New York Knicks