ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 5 PG Thread: Gut Check

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Context
RealGM
And1: 14,616

Re: Game 5 PG Thread: Gut Check 

Post#581 » by Context » Thu May 16, 2024 10:37 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
Context wrote:...

Also, stop trying to peacefully end every argument on here. :lol:

I don’t think the people involved are crying in their cereal, they may like a little back and forth. :beer:

I think youre on to something :lol:
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Post#582 » by stuporman » Thu May 16, 2024 10:51 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:For the most part, this thread lacked the toxicity of the prior PG thread, though some made brave attempts at it.

Not very entertaining. Do better.

...no pants and no holds barred...
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,616

Post#583 » by Context » Thu May 16, 2024 11:59 pm

LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,808

Post#584 » by FrozenEnvelope » Fri May 17, 2024 1:04 am

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:
I don't think there is any fan that says we are going to win every game and win the championship this season. But this team has earned our support and love.

To be this weak minded fan like you that caves at the slightest bit of adversity and gives up the minute something goes wrong, I have no respect and I don't like fans like you. I mentioned the other night after leaving the Garden how there is nothing like Knicks fans and how it's a brotherhood. Guys like you aren't in that brotherhood. In a zombie apocalypse, you're hiding with the little children in the cellar. I was going to call you Samwell but even he fought when **** hit the fan. When Kendrick Perkins says the Garden has the best playoff atmosphere over OKC and Cleveland because of the fans and energy, he was certainly not talking about fans like you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You are a clown brother. Sorry. I've been a fan probably just as long as you, you don't get to gatekeep the fandom. Blind homers are worse than anything, its why NYKMentality got the ban from here too. And I didn't 'give up' I was anti-jinxing, sure realistically it doesn't affect the outcome, but sports is all about fun superstitions and so I go along with it, plus when people act cocky and overconfident it only makes us look stupid if/when the Knicks lose, those people claiming Knicks in 4 and puffing out there chest after Game 2 win look like fools now.

As I said before, I'd rather be a little pessimistic and anti-jinx and end up winning than to be over confident and end up losing, to me the latter hurts more as a fan. Its just the way I've learned to protect myself a little bit as a fan of this team for so many disappointing years.

I've been to multiple playoff games spending a ton of money to go to them in the past few years as well, despite not being upper middle class or well off, so yes I was apart of that fandom and energy in the building, I even started a few chants in the Garden during Game 1 of the Sixers series..

Frozen Envelope is a cringeworthy herb who apparently knows my real name and has been stalking my Internet forum ‘history’ for the last 20 years. Guy knows more about me than the FBI. He’s also had some weird petty grudge against me for the last 20 years - dating back to when I was 13 years old and making him, a grown ass man, angry on a message board.

The worst of all this is that the guy has been previously banned yet insults me for also being banned. And when I asked this dude who he used to be previously he refused to answer. He said he ‘forgot’ meanwhile he remembers my life story.

It’s bad enough to be a weird internet stalker on a forum. It’s worse to then hide behind another handle and refuse to reveal yourself.

Either way, you shouldn’t care about this dude. He’s unhinged. He went off on me randomly over some 20 year grudge in a random topic meanwhile I have no idea who he is or was or what his issue is. He’s doing similar **** to you.

Are you really trying to get banned for the 30th time? :lol:
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran

Post#585 » by FrozenEnvelope » Fri May 17, 2024 1:05 am

DOT wrote:Imagine trying so hard to convince people you're the one enjoying the run when you spend all your time obsessing over making sure other people are the "right" kind of fan :lol:

Like I said, it just screams insecurity.

Your "it makes you insecure" comeback is repetitive and old.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran

Post#586 » by FrozenEnvelope » Fri May 17, 2024 1:12 am

Im Coming Home wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:I just don't like when people try to gatekeep fandom and try to tell people how they should cheer or support a team. It comes off like they think they're better than you, they're on their high horse, etc. Just cringey.

I don't think there is any fan that says we are going to win every game and win the championship this season. But this team has earned our support and love.

To be this weak minded fan like you that caves at the slightest bit of adversity and gives up the minute something goes wrong, I have no respect and I don't like fans like you. I mentioned the other night after leaving the Garden how there is nothing like Knicks fans and how it's a brotherhood. Guys like you aren't in that brotherhood. In a zombie apocalypse, you're hiding with the little children in the cellar. I was going to call you Samwell but even he fought when **** hit the fan. When Kendrick Perkins says the Garden has the best playoff atmosphere over OKC and Cleveland because of the fans and energy, he was certainly not talking about fans like you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You are a clown brother. Sorry. I've been a fan probably just as long as you, you don't get to gatekeep the fandom. Blind homers are worse than anything, its why NYKMentality got the ban from here too. And I didn't 'give up' I was anti-jinxing, sure realistically it doesn't affect the outcome, but sports is all about fun superstitions and so I go along with it, plus when people act cocky and overconfident it only makes us look stupid if/when the Knicks lose, those people claiming Knicks in 4 and puffing out there chest after Game 2 win look like fools now.

As I said before, I'd rather be a little pessimistic and anti-jinx and end up winning than to be over confident and end up losing, to me the latter hurts more as a fan. Its just the way I've learned to protect myself a little bit as a fan of this team for so many disappointing years.

I've been to multiple playoff games spending a ton of money to go to them in the past few years as well, despite not being upper middle class or well off, so yes I was apart of that fandom and energy in the building, I even started a few chants in the Garden during Game 1 of the Sixers series..

You're acting like Isiah Thomas, Phil Jackson and Steve Mills are still here. I don't know - I think this team and these players deserve better and more trust and support from their so-called fans. Haven't they earned it? But whatever man, go be miserable and fickle and root however you want.
E86
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,177

Post#587 » by E86 » Fri May 17, 2024 1:30 am

i'm the only real fan of the knicks
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,106

Post#588 » by Im Coming Home » Fri May 17, 2024 1:31 am

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:

You're acting like Isiah Thomas, Phil Jackson and Steve Mills are still here. I don't know - I think this team and these players deserve better and more trust and support from their so-called fans. Haven't they earned it? But whatever man, go be miserable and fickle and root however you want.

I'm neither of those. :D

And it doesn't matter how trustworthy the team is, they can still lose, especially with all the injuries they have right now..

I have hope and want them to win, that never goes away, but I also try to protect myself from being super depressed after last year, I thought for sure we'd have an easy walk to the ECF after we got the Heat in round 2, and then it hurt that much worse when we lost to what I felt was an inferior team to us... if maybe I had respected the Heats ability a little more, and didn't get over confident, last year wouldn't have hurt as much as it did.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,579

Post#589 » by Hes_On_Fire » Fri May 17, 2024 1:58 am

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
Hes_On_Fire wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frozen Envelope is a cringeworthy herb who apparently knows my real name and has been stalking my Internet forum ‘history’ for the last 20 years. Guy knows more about me than the FBI. He’s also had some weird petty grudge against me for the last 20 years - dating back to when I was 13 years old and making him, a grown ass man, angry on a message board.

The worst of all this is that the guy has been previously banned yet insults me for also being banned. And when I asked this dude who he used to be previously he refused to answer. He said he ‘forgot’ meanwhile he remembers my life story.

It’s bad enough to be a weird internet stalker on a forum. It’s worse to then hide behind another handle and refuse to reveal yourself.

Either way, you shouldn’t care about this dude. He’s unhinged. He went off on me randomly over some 20 year grudge in a random topic meanwhile I have no idea who he is or was or what his issue is. He’s doing similar **** to you.

Are you really trying to get banned for the 30th time? :lol:

The only thing that should be banned is your internet access. It would raise the collective IQ of the world.
Thank you, Rick Brunson.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Post#590 » by stuporman » Fri May 17, 2024 4:09 am

Get off my lawn!!!
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran

Post#591 » by FrozenEnvelope » Fri May 17, 2024 1:55 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm neither of those. :D

And it doesn't matter how trustworthy the team is, they can still lose, especially with all the injuries they have right now..

I have hope and want them to win, that never goes away, but I also try to protect myself from being super depressed after last year, I thought for sure we'd have an easy walk to the ECF after we got the Heat in round 2, and then it hurt that much worse when we lost to what I felt was an inferior team to us... if maybe I had respected the Heats ability a little more, and didn't get over confident, last year wouldn't have hurt as much as it did.

Read on Twitter

Return to New York Knicks