ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Official Mets' 2024 Thread (p. 19)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,458

Re: OT: Official Mets' 2024 Thread (p. 19) 

Post#581 » by Luv those Knicks » Thu May 16, 2024 1:27 pm

Jeffrey wrote:Theathletic.com had a good write up about our prospects at this point.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5493153/2024/05/15/mets-prospect-tiers-brandon-sproat/

Spoiler:
Tier 1: Moving on up
Brandon Sproat, RHP
Current assignment: Double-A Binghamton
Keith Law rank: 13th on team Top 20

The Mets love what they have in Sproat, who got bumped up to Binghamton a few days ago. With Brooklyn, walks were sometimes an issue for Sproat. But in his last couple of appearances, evaluators said, he showed a really good feel for all of his pitches, demonstrated the ability to land any pitch and got swings-and-misses on everything from his arsenal. The Mets drafted Sproat last year (for the second straight year after failing to sign him in 2022), but as a 23-year-old, he could continue to rise quickly.

Blade Tidwell, RHP
Keith Law rank: 9th on team Top 20

Tidwell added a cutter, which has allowed him to rack up more strikes. For Tidwell, the pitch has helped remedy a command problem; scouts have referred to his stuff as elite for multiple years, but an inability to find the zone limited his potential. Perhaps that’s changing because of the cutter, a pitch he picked up late last winter and has seamlessly incorporated into his arsenal. The cutter has worked as a bridge between an impressive fastball and an improved slider.

Jonah Tong’s strikeouts are up and his walks are down. (Joe Robbins / Icon Sportswire via Associated Press)
Jonah Tong, RHP
Current assignment: High-A Brooklyn
Keith Law rank: Unranked

In 27 2/3 innings across both levels of Class A, Tong has allowed just one earned run. Walks remain a concern, but he’s greatly improved his walk rate from last year while continuing to pile up strikeouts.

Nolan McLean, RHP/DH

A two-way prospect, McLean has turned heads this season with four home runs in 61 plate appearances (.579 slugging percentage) and a 3.00 ERA in 24 innings (six starts). On the pitching side, a sweeper and better slider have helped McLean amass 27 strikeouts.

Jesus Baez, SS/2B
Current assignment: Low-A St. Lucie
Keith Law rank: 17th on team Top 20

Baez’s traditional numbers have caught up to his underlying data — namely, his hard-hit rate. He’s an exciting prospect because of how hard he hits the ball. He has an .800 OPS with St. Lucie after struggling in the complex league last year.

Nick Morabito, OF
Keith Law rank: 12th on team Top 20

In 101 plate appearances with St. Lucie, Morabito hit .397 and quickly earned a promotion to Brooklyn, where he has continued to hit (6 for 18, .333 batting average).

Thanks for that. Nice write-up.

Tong's numbers are down in high-A, which is to be expected. Not bad, but not nearly as sexy. 3 starts, 12.2 innings, 15 Ks, 10 hits, 9 walks. I wonder if the sudden attention is part of that. Could be jitters.

Sproat, however, had a good outing after his promotion and the Mets seem very happy with him.

Jesus Baez is a sleeper I hadn't given much thought too, but he's got a low K rate, indicating good contact, and hard hit rate mentioned in the article and he's young. 2022 international signee, same class as Simon Juan, a few months older, but a level higher. Impressive. His 4 homers leads the St. Lucie mets.

And no mention of Marco Vargas (one of two prospects they got in the David Robertson trade last year). Vargas missed like 20 games earlier in the year due to injury, so sample size is small, but he's hit safely in 8 of the 9 games he's played and the game he didn't hit safely in he got 3 walks. Nice start and most people have him as a top 20, some as a top 10 mets prospect. 10 walks to 5 Ks this year indicates he might be too advanced for St. Lucie. .465 OBP and 4 stolen bases. Just 9 games, so grain of salt.

And, it's FCL, so grain of salt, but Jeremy Rodriguez (Tommy Pham trade), 7 walks in 7 games. At 17 years old he's one of the younger players in the FCL and hitting .320 in the small sample size. Good in the field, good approach at the plate. Pham hit 3 homers for Arizona in the playoffs, so they got something, but it's looking like we won that trade, and the David Robertson trade - highway robbery.

I'm going to throw Simon Juan out there, which, maybe I shouldn't as most don't have him in the Mets top 20 but several have him listed in the top 30. He's gotten some notice for 100 MPH plus exit velocity, hitting .419 in his first 7 games in FCL with 5 xbhs. FCL stats are a big grain of salt, as are stats for just 7 games. He's a year older than teammate Jeremy Rodriguez too, who was selected in 2023, not 2022, but still, it's nice to see the 1.9 million dollar signee and potential 5 tool prospect off to a nifty start.

Older, and more of a fringe top 30 prospect, Rylan Thomas is also off to a nice start in Binghamton. The 24 year old CF has been a consistent 300 hitter in the minors, and that'll play if he can keep doing it. Speed over power, .325 average, solid CF glove. Worth watching. Similar profile to Morabito, both speedy, 5'10 CFs without little power. Thomas is a lefty, Morabito a righty. Being 3 years younger, Morabito is generally seen as having a higher ceiling.

Jacob Reimer hasn't played yet this year, but he's been steady in the minors with a plus walk rate and solid hitting with some pop.
Drafted out of HS in the 4th round in 2022. Good walk rate and just 20 years old. Top 20 prospect in most lists and young enough that there's still solid upside.

And Joander Suarez (another top 30 prospects in most lists), Maybe worth mentioning . . I'm not sure? He's having a nice year in Binghamton. 37.1 innings, 32 Ks is low but just 22 hits and 10 walks, .857 WHIP and 2.17 era. Suarez has a shot at being added to the roster next year in perhaps the minor league spot starter role (similar to Butto or Luchessi this year). His stuff is average, but with good command, that might work.

I think the minor league system is improving. They lack any top of the line studs, with perhaps Jett Williams (injured) as the closest to that, but there's a lot of depth. Even with the struggles of Parada & Houck and the injuries to Jett & Gilbert, there's a lot to like about this system. Tidwell, Scott & Sproat might not be Harvey, Wheeler, deGrom & Syndergaard, but it's a solid top 3 pitchers in the 2024/2025 call up range.

(too long?)
Didn't expect to be rooting for the Celtics, but that's what happened.

Go Boston, Go Boston. Go Boston. Crush the silly Mavericks.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,302

Post#582 » by Jeffrey » Thu May 16, 2024 2:06 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:Theathletic.com had a good write up about our prospects at this point.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5493153/2024/05/15/mets-prospect-tiers-brandon-sproat/

Spoiler:
Tier 1: Moving on up
Brandon Sproat, RHP
Keith Law rank: 13th on team Top 20

The Mets love what they have in Sproat, who got bumped up to Binghamton a few days ago. With Brooklyn, walks were sometimes an issue for Sproat. But in his last couple of appearances, evaluators said, he showed a really good feel for all of his pitches, demonstrated the ability to land any pitch and got swings-and-misses on everything from his arsenal. The Mets drafted Sproat last year (for the second straight year after failing to sign him in 2022), but as a 23-year-old, he could continue to rise quickly.

Blade Tidwell, RHP
Keith Law rank: 9th on team Top 20

Tidwell added a cutter, which has allowed him to rack up more strikes. For Tidwell, the pitch has helped remedy a command problem; scouts have referred to his stuff as elite for multiple years, but an inability to find the zone limited his potential. Perhaps that’s changing because of the cutter, a pitch he picked up late last winter and has seamlessly incorporated into his arsenal. The cutter has worked as a bridge between an impressive fastball and an improved slider.

Jonah Tong’s strikeouts are up and his walks are down. (Joe Robbins / Icon Sportswire via Associated Press)
Jonah Tong, RHP

In 27 2/3 innings across both levels of Class A, Tong has allowed just one earned run. Walks remain a concern, but he’s greatly improved his walk rate from last year while continuing to pile up strikeouts.

Nolan McLean, RHP/DH

A two-way prospect, McLean has turned heads this season with four home runs in 61 plate appearances (.579 slugging percentage) and a 3.00 ERA in 24 innings (six starts). On the pitching side, a sweeper and better slider have helped McLean amass 27 strikeouts.

Jesus Baez, SS/2B
Current assignment: Low-A St. Lucie
Keith Law rank: 17th on team Top 20

Baez’s traditional numbers have caught up to his underlying data — namely, his hard-hit rate. He’s an exciting prospect because of how hard he hits the ball. He has an .800 OPS with St. Lucie after struggling in the complex league last year.

Nick Morabito, OF
Keith Law rank: 12th on team Top 20

In 101 plate appearances with St. Lucie, Morabito hit .397 and quickly earned a promotion to Brooklyn, where he has continued to hit (6 for 18, .333 batting average).

Thanks for that. Nice write-up.

Tong's numbers are down in high-A, which is to be expected. Not bad, but not nearly as sexy. 3 starts, 12.2 innings, 15 Ks, 10 hits, 9 walks. I wonder if the sudden attention is part of that. Could be jitters.

Sproat, however, had a good outing after his promotion and the Mets seem very happy with him.

Jesus Baez is a sleeper I hadn't given much thought too, but he's got a low K rate, indicating good contact, and hard hit rate mentioned in the article and he's young. 2022 international signee, same class as Simon Juan, a few months older, but a level higher. Impressive. His 4 homers leads the St. Lucie mets.

And no mention of Marco Vargas (one of two prospects they got in the David Robertson trade last year). Vargas missed like 20 games earlier in the year due to injury, so sample size is small, but he's hit safely in 8 of the 9 games he's played and the game he didn't hit safely in he got 3 walks. Nice start and most people have him as a top 20, some as a top 10 mets prospect. 10 walks to 5 Ks this year indicates he might be too advanced for St. Lucie. .465 OBP and 4 stolen bases. Just 9 games, so grain of salt.

And, it's FCL, so grain of salt, but Jeremy Rodriguez (Tommy Pham trade), 7 walks in 7 games. At 17 years old he's one of the younger players in the FCL and hitting .320 in the small sample size. Good in the field, good approach at the plate. Pham hit 3 homers for Arizona in the playoffs, so they got something, but it's looking like we won that trade, and the David Robertson trade - highway robbery.

I'm going to throw Simon Juan out there, which, maybe I shouldn't as most don't have him in the Mets top 20 but several have him listed in the top 30. He's gotten some notice for 100 MPH plus exit velocity, hitting .419 in his first 7 games in FCL with 5 xbhs. FCL stats are a big grain of salt, as are stats for just 7 games. He's a year older than teammate Jeremy Rodriguez too, who was selected in 2023, not 2022, but still, it's nice to see the 1.9 million dollar signee and potential 5 tool prospect off to a nifty start.

Older, and more of a fringe top 30 prospect, Rylan Thomas is also off to a nice start in Binghamton. The 24 year old CF has been a consistent 300 hitter in the minors, and that'll play if he can keep doing it. Speed over power, .325 average, solid CF glove. Worth watching. Similar profile to Morabito, both speedy, 5'10 CFs without little power. Thomas is a lefty, Morabito a righty. Being 3 years younger, Morabito is generally seen as having a higher ceiling.

Jacob Reimer hasn't played yet this year, but he's been steady in the minors with a plus walk rate and solid hitting with some pop.
Drafted out of HS in the 4th round in 2022. Good walk rate and just 20 years old. Top 20 prospect in most lists and young enough that there's still solid upside.

And Joander Suarez (another top 30 prospects in most lists), Maybe worth mentioning . . I'm not sure? He's having a nice year in Binghamton. 37.1 innings, 32 Ks is low but just 22 hits and 10 walks, .857 WHIP and 2.17 era. Suarez has a shot at being added to the roster next year in perhaps the minor league spot starter role (similar to Butto or Luchessi this year). His stuff is average, but with good command, that might work.

I think the minor league system is improving. They lack any top of the line studs, with perhaps Jett Williams (injured) as the closest to that, but there's a lot of depth. Even with the struggles of Parada & Houck and the injuries to Jett & Gilbert, there's a lot to like about this system. Tidwell, Scott & Sproat might not be Harvey, Wheeler, deGrom & Syndergaard, but it's a solid top 3 pitchers in the 2024/2025 call up range.

(too long?)

Nah, not at all. This is real good. I heard about Simon Juan last year when he popped up in the top 20 list but he was 17. I tend to not get excited about 17 and 18 years old yet because anything can happen. I am really excited that you have listed some prospects especially the ones Billy Eppler acquired last year. It looks like him and his scouts wanted a specific skill and thats understanding the strikezone. A lot of these hitters are patient like his 2022 Mets.

Any prospects that can have decent years during their first 6 years will go a long way because Cohen already admitted that FA is a really expensive route to keep tapping to. I can see Christian Scott as our #3-5 full time next year. I am hoping for one pitcher of this group to do well (Butto, Megill, Peterson or Luchessi) and be part of the backend rotation and then one pitcher from this group to take the leap (Vasil or Hamel).
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,632

Post#583 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu May 16, 2024 7:40 pm

No mention of OF Ryan Clifford, the Mets' No. 4 prospect who is in AAA?
Free Palestine
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#584 » by Luv those Knicks » Thu May 16, 2024 7:53 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:No mention of OF Ryan Clifford, the Mets' No. 4 prospect who is in AAA?

Clifford's in AA, he was just promoted. I can't access the original article, so maybe they did mention him, but he was walking a ton and not doing much else. Not sure what the Mets thinking was in promoting him. Maybe pitchers in A+ weren't throwing him enough strikes or maybe they just wanted him to get out of Brooklyn. Brooklyn's supposed to be a tough place for lefties to hit homers.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#585 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu May 16, 2024 8:50 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:No mention of OF Ryan Clifford, the Mets' No. 4 prospect who is in AAA?

Clifford's in AA, he was just promoted. I can't access the original article, so maybe they did mention him, but he was walking a ton and not doing much else. Not sure what the Mets thinking was in promoting him. Maybe pitchers in A+ weren't throwing him enough strikes or maybe they just wanted him to get out of Brooklyn. Brooklyn's supposed to be a tough place for lefties to hit homers.

You're correct. It's AA.

The Mets want to get their hitters out of Brooklyn because of the high winds off the water there. Apparently, the ball dies in RF as a result.
Free Palestine
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#586 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri May 17, 2024 6:11 pm

Nate Levander undergoes season ending surgery, similar to Tommy John. Mets had high hopes for him coming into spring training and he's climbed the off-season ranks, but the numbers were never there this season. I hope he makes a full recovery.

He'll also be a 40 man roster target if they don't protect him, even with the surgery, but cross that bridge when in the off-season.

Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#587 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri May 17, 2024 6:12 pm

Also . . . I guess this is yesterday's news, but Lechessi down (1 day callup was expected, the bad outing, . . . not so much) and Walker up.

I wonder if Luchessi is going to last the year on this team.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#588 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri May 17, 2024 6:58 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:Also . . . I guess this is yesterday's news, but Lechessi down (1 day callup was expected, the bad outing, . . . not so much) and Walker up.

I wonder if Luchessi is going to last the year on this team.

Butto, Megil, and Peterson are all probably ahead of him now
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#589 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat May 18, 2024 8:54 pm

What a mess.
Free Palestine
knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Post#590 » by knickabocker88 » Sat May 18, 2024 11:25 pm

Once Diaz gets right, package him Alonso, Martinez and you should get a haul at the trade deadline.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#591 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun May 19, 2024 6:15 am

knickabocker88 wrote:Once Diaz gets right, package him Alonso, Martinez and you should get a haul at the trade deadline.

We need to retool. I watched the game yesterday until the Mets went up 7-2. At that point I went downstairs to the gym and got an hour workout in. I come back to my pad, turned on the TV to see that the game was still on AND THAT THE SCORE WAS TIED AT 9-9!!!!! I’m like WTF is going on here?

It’s a shame that Senga and Alvarez got hurt so early. We really missed Alvie’s bat backing Pete up and also for his defense behind the plate.
Free Palestine
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#592 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun May 19, 2024 3:01 pm

knickabocker88 wrote:Once Diaz gets right, package him Alonso, Martinez and you should get a haul at the trade deadline.

I don't think anyone is taking on Diaz right now. Martinez is very tradable and that might be a good thing. They could give Vientos more time at DH if JDM is sold at the deadline. I'm torn on Alonso, cause I think his value isn't what it was. I'd still offer him the QO, but I don't know how much they get via trade right now. Bader is tradable though they probably need to eat some salary and Severino, could get a nice return.

Garrett would get something, but he's under arb for another 3 years, so I'd rather keep him, but all the one year deals. Otto, Manea, Quintana, Houser, Drew Smith, Jorge Lopez - all free agents next year. They could trade every one of those guys. They won't get much for the mid-level players, but they may as well get something, and play some rookies and guys with options and a few years of arb in their place.

So many fans seem mad at the mets, but this was never a "high hopes" season, it was a, limit what they spend, play some kids and see what happens season. Pre-season forecasts had the Mets at about 81 wins.

Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#593 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun May 19, 2024 3:24 pm

This isn't my write-up. This is from a poster named Cpins, who posted this in Amazing Avenue's daily prospect report in the discussion section.

https://www.amazinavenue.com/2024/5/19/24160031/mets-daily-prospect-report-5-19-24-runnin-down-a-dream-syracuse-binghamton-brooklyn-st-lucie

They wrote:

In low-A ball perhaps more than other levels, age to league average context is critical when evaluating talent. Lucie has seen three very important promotions - that's meaningful and one measure that all is not lost at low-A despite a crappy record.

Nick Morabito was league average age, crushed it and got promoted to Brooklyn where he's now over a year younger than league average.
Pitcher Jonah Tong the most exciting pop-up prospect in the entire system. He's one of the biggest pop-up hurlers in all the minors. He was over a year younger than league average and is now playing High-A at 2 years younger than league average.
Chris Suero who has played both catcher and OFer - which would be incredibly cool if he can hit - is the third promotion who was a year younger than average at Lucie and is now playing High-A at 2.3 years younger than average.
For guys still at Lucie:

Franklin Gomez is 18 which makes him 4.2 years younger than league average, 3.71 era, 12.2k/4.2bb per 9ip.
Ernesto Mercedes is 2.2 years younger than league average 3.81 era, 14.2 k/9, but 8bb/9
There are also age-appropriate guys like Kade Morris 38k/11bb/34.2ip, Wenninger 45k/12bb/34ip, Troesser 42k/11bb/28ip and Hudepohl 31k/18bb/29 all in their first full seasons of pro-ball and with the exception of Hudepohl posting exciting strike-out rates.
Jefry Rosa is 2 years younger than league average and has popped 2 HRs in his first 40 PAs.
So are Baez and Vargas.
Someone else posted the big bump in Ronald Hernandez month-to-month numbers .607 to .829 ops and he is a year younger than league average.
Lucie is the level where a lot of growth can occur. At hat level month-to-month tracking can do a much better job of telling the story of how a prospect is doing than the aggregate line - or not if they're working on a major change that takes more than a season to master.

It's great to have good records - there's absolutely nothing wrong with them. They're just not a good proxy for how strong a farm system is. Syracuse has one guy in their positional lineup that is not a 4A guy - Acuna who is doing poorly. The lower the level the more volatile the talent. It can weed out guys that will never advance but also see guys make massive in-season gains. I'll be much more interested in evaluating that talent in September.

You never know how players will develop, but younger than league average can count for something, as can first year playing in the minors. Despite the apparent failures on draft picks like Parada and Houck and Kumar Rocker, if you want to include him, the Mets have been doing very well in the draft in recent years. I don't know if it's more scouts, or a better head scout, or just random dumb luck, but they seem to be doing something right.

The 3 top draft picks that seem to have gone bust were all 3, players who fell to them, not players they scouted carefully and met with before the draft. When they do their homework and find their guys, they've been drafting pretty well, at least, that's what it looks like to me.

Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#594 » by Luv those Knicks » Mon May 20, 2024 2:05 pm

Some interesting moves in Mets minor leagues.

https://sports.yahoo.com/mets-promoting-rhp-blade-tidwell-021529305.html

Tidwell & Rylan Thomas promoted to AAA.
McLean & Omar de los Santos promoted to AA

Both Tidwell & Thomas were drafted in 2022. Tidwell turns 23 in a few weeks. Rylan Thomas, an older college player, Turned 24 recently. Both were doing well in AA and the promotions, while perhaps aggressive, aren't overly so. Thomas is a speed and glove over power guy, very low K rate, plays CF. It'll be interesting to see how they do against tougher competition and some guys with MLB experience.

My hunch is that neither guy sees majors this year, for 40 man roster reasons, though I haven't taken a close look at the Mets 40 man roster and how crowded it might be in the off-season. Tidwell has a shot at seeing majors this year though.

Nolan McLean and Omar de los santos promoted to Binghamton.

Sometimes, it's about replacements. Megill is going to the majors, so they send a pitcher to AAA to replace him. Likewise, they recently moved Vientos from AAA to the majors (dumping Wendle so nobody went to AAA), so they had openings.

2 guys leave Binghamton, so 2 guys are promoted from Brooklyn to Binghamton. I'd expect a promotion or two to Brooklyn to follow unless they have guys on the DL ready to come back.

McLean was drafted in 2023, but he's got good some good pitches. This feels more aggressive than Tidwell to me, but it'll be interesting to see how he does.

Omar de los Santos hasn't been hitting, so this move feels more like just filling the roster. If he's struggling in A+ (hitting .165), what's he going to hit in AA?

Fan reaction (twitter & Amazing Ave comments) seems positive oveall about the promotions. I see nothing wrong with giving Tidwell a bigger challenge as he seemed to be owning AA, so that move I like. Rylan Thomas too. How McLean will hold up against AA hitters (and AA pitchers, since he also DH's some), remains to be seen, IMHO.

Ryan Clifford's first few games in AA have not gone well. He's 1 for 18 with 10 Ks. McLean also strikes out a ton when he's hitting. His pitching is well ahead of his bat so far, but the Mets are letting him pursue both.

At least there's some good news here. Parada won't be leading the team in strikeouts as often. (I jest, a little) . . . but with McLean, Clifford and Parada all in the same lineup, Binghamton will strike out a lot. he he.

Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#595 » by Luv those Knicks » Mon May 20, 2024 7:00 pm

Mets trade (probably sell) Yohan Ramirez to the Dodgers. With Peterson coming off the 60 day DL soon, they either needed a roster space or felt they no longer needed him. He was put on waivers a couple days ago.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#596 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 21, 2024 7:10 am

Mets lose to the Commodores 3-1. Decent first start for Megil. But we still can’t hit.
Free Palestine
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#597 » by Luv those Knicks » Tue May 21, 2024 7:08 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Mets lose to the Commodores 3-1. Decent first start for Megil. But we still can’t hit.

Did you see or hear about the base running blunder? JD Martinez and Marte. Classic mets. I didn't see it but read about it. Marte hit an infield out, JD M tried to go from 2nd to 3rd, but the Indians infielder threw the ball to 3rd, not first, trapping JDM in a rundown.

Marte thinking "OK, rundown, I have time to take 2nd", ran a few feet past the first base, but slow JDM was quickly tagged out and the 3rd baseman threw a rocket to first, who tagged out Marte.

Megill had a bad first inning, but was good after that.

Houser 7.44 era vs Cookie, 5.16 era today. That could be fun.

The Mets signed Matt Festa (Brooklyn native), to a minor league deal. A few years MLB experience with mixed to poor results and he opted out of his minor league deal with the Padres recently.

AAAA depth I suppose. Worth a look, and pretty good chance he sees majors, especially if the Mets sell a few pitchers at the deadline.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mets-sign-brooklyn-born-pitcher-to-minor-league-deal/ar-BB1mJWtZ#:~:text=The%20New%20York%20Mets%20signed%20right-handed%20reliever%20Matt,due%20to%20an%20opt-out%20clause%20in%20his%20contract.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#598 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 21, 2024 7:21 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Mets lose to the Commodores 3-1. Decent first start for Megil. But we still can’t hit.

Did you see or hear about the base running blunder? JD Martinez and Marte. Classic mets. I didn't see it but read about it. Marte hit an infield out, JD M tried to go from 2nd to 3rd, but the Indians infielder threw the ball to 3rd, not first, trapping JDM in a rundown.

Marte thinking "OK, rundown, I have time to take 2nd", ran a few feet past the first base, but slow JDM was quickly tagged out and the 3rd baseman threw a rocket to first, who tagged out Marte.

Megill had a bad first inning, but was good after that.

Houser 7.44 era vs Cookie, 5.16 era today. That could be fun.

The Mets signed Matt Festa (Brooklyn native), to a minor league deal. A few years MLB experience with mixed to poor results and he opted out of his minor league deal with the Padres recently.

AAAA depth I suppose. Worth a look, and pretty good chance he sees majors, especially if the Mets sell a few pitchers at the deadline.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/mets-sign-brooklyn-born-pitcher-to-minor-league-deal/ar-BB1mJWtZ#:~:text=The%20New%20York%20Mets%20signed%20right-handed%20reliever%20Matt,due%20to%20an%20opt-out%20clause%20in%20his%20contract.

No, I missed the game yesterday, thankfully. :lol:

We're not going anywhere this season. We haven't found any mojo so far and I'm not optimistic that we will.

Did you watch Finklestein's podcast on Brett Baty? He breaks down some important hitting statistics that show that Baty is not squaring up on the ball and why he has a big hole in his swing. He thinks that Baty may be sent down soon.

Free Palestine
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,302

Post#599 » by Jeffrey » Tue May 21, 2024 9:21 pm

What are your opinions on Stearns promoting these players faster than the last few execs?

I personally love it. If you're dominating and doing good things, you get promoted.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#600 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 21, 2024 9:26 pm

Jeffrey wrote:What are your opinions on Stearns promoting these players faster than the last few execs?

I personally love it. If you're dominating and doing good things, you get promoted.

I always felt that we were too slow on the trigger when it comes to our minor league stars. I'm tired of seeing McNeil and Marte in the lineup.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks