ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,964

Re: Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#861 » by spree2kawhi » Fri May 17, 2024 7:51 pm

Big wing targets for me:

Mikal Bridges, Herb Jones, Trey Murphy, Jerami Grant, Lonnie Walker, Patrick Williams, Keldon Johnson

Most importantly though, I really want KAT for Randle. The guy is an underrated passer and defender.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,594

Post#862 » by sol537 » Fri May 17, 2024 7:56 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:Big wing targets for me:

Mikal Bridges, Herb Jones, Trey Murphy, Jerami Grant, Lonnie Walker, Patrick Williams, Keldon Johnson

Most importantly though, I really want KAT for Randle. The guy is an underrated passer and defender.

Throw in Tari Eason.

Herb is a free agent, no? We could offer the MLE but he can get more than that elsewhere... and why would he leave Dallas unless we could offer him a starting SF spot next to Obi at PF?
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#863 » by spree2kawhi » Fri May 17, 2024 8:19 pm

sol537 wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:Big wing targets for me:

Throw in Tari Eason.

Herb is a free agent, no? We could offer the MLE but he can get more than that elsewhere... and why would he leave Dallas unless we could offer him a starting SF spot next to Obi at PF?

No, Herb Jones is under contract through 2026/27 with New Orleans. He’s not really available though. I agree with you on Eason.
sol537
RealGM

Post#864 » by sol537 » Fri May 17, 2024 8:23 pm

Looking at young teams that have too many young mouths to feed (ie guys who can’t get opportunities but who show flashes) seems like the best way to continue to bargain hunt. Houston, for example, may commit to certain guys and then flip guys like Eason for picks or vets. Our front office has done a great job of finding undervalued gems.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,887

Post#865 » by NoLayupRule » Fri May 17, 2024 11:33 pm

KnixinSix wrote:
8516knicks wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:there is some truth to this for sure

Hartenstien and Randle can play well together
Brunson and Mitchel should be able to play well on offense. the issue will be defensive of course.
But I believe Mitchel has the IQ and work ethic to play for Thibs

Id be very sad to see McBride go but you gotta give to get

Looks pretty good from our side meaning probably Cleve says NO. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

One question I have is with Okoro. When he came into the league he was touted as not much/raw offense but elite D. Haven't watched him. Is he elite or close to elite D. On the OG scale, if OG is a 10 and Jose Olay was a zero, where does Okoro rank now???

Okoro is kind of a poor mans OG. But shot 40% from 3 this year. Excellent defensively and a Thibs player. Thibs wants to absolutely clamp teams down defensively and this guy would be a great depth piece in that equation.

Also key depth if OG continues to be injury prone too.

as good as OG is I think its fair to call him injury prone for sure
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,887

Post#866 » by NoLayupRule » Fri May 17, 2024 11:47 pm

I think this team needs an elite SG who is able to defend and make his own shots

Randle is solid at the 4. If we trade him Im expecting a towns level player in return but I dont think that player is available. I expect the T wolves to run it back.

Brunson clearly is a top level PG. Ball dominant but willing to move the ball, move without the ball and catch and shoot though thats not his top skill

Devo and Hart are top level role players. I think this team competes for a title with those guys coming off the bench with significant mins.

I love robinson. I moved recently and hes actually my neighbor which is nuts. But im willing to move him in a deal.
I love Duce. But im willing to move him in a deal.
Id like to keep precious but its not a deal breaker.
Clearly Bogdonovich was brought in for playoffs and as trade asset

This team has a lot of picks
I think we move our 3 picks this year for a move up. Shouldnt be too hard with the draft class were seeing.

Then we make a push for Mitchell or Booker (dream) or perhaps low key someone like Desmond Bane
or we make a move for a Brandon Ingram or Khris Middleton if those teams are looking to shake things up

off season Rose shock the league signings might be Brogdon or even Miles Bridges
Perhaps M Beasley or even the return of Gallinari

I think J Grant would be another perfect fit here but hes probably played himself out of reach
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#867 » by spree2kawhi » Sat May 18, 2024 9:24 am

NoLayupRule wrote:I think this team needs an elite SG who is able to defend and make his own shots

Randle is solid at the 4. If we trade him Im expecting a towns level player in return but I dont think that player is available. I expect the T wolves to run it back.

Brunson clearly is a top level PG. Ball dominant but willing to move the ball, move without the ball and catch and shoot though thats not his top skill

Devo and Hart are top level role players. I think this team competes for a title with those guys coming off the bench with significant mins.

I love robinson. I moved recently and hes actually my neighbor which is nuts. But im willing to move him in a deal.
I love Duce. But im willing to move him in a deal.
Id like to keep precious but its not a deal breaker.
Clearly Bogdonovich was brought in for playoffs and as trade asset

This team has a lot of picks
I think we move our 3 picks this year for a move up. Shouldnt be too hard with the draft class were seeing.

Then we make a push for Mitchell or Booker (dream) or perhaps low key someone like Desmond Bane
or we make a move for a Brandon Ingram or Khris Middleton if those teams are looking to shake things up

off season Rose shock the league signings might be Brogdon or even Miles Bridges
Perhaps M Beasley or even the return of Gallinari

I think J Grant would be another perfect fit here but hes probably played himself out of reach

Brunson, McBride
Bridges, DDV
OG, Hart
Randle, Grant
Hartenstein, Achiuwa

:nod: :nod: :nod:
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 20,006

Post#868 » by RHODEY » Sat May 18, 2024 3:29 pm

Chicago interested in Mitch?

nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,971

Post#869 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat May 18, 2024 11:51 pm

RHODEY wrote:Chicago interested in Mitch?

Their graphic with Mitch as a F-C...
No credibility here.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,650

Post#870 » by El Poochio » Sun May 19, 2024 12:01 am

Caruso for Mitch lets get it

B: D. Banton | J. Carter
B: K. Oubre | A. Burks
B: D. Jones Jr
B: Z. Williamson | K. Lofton Jr
B: K. Porzingis | D. Powell
sol537
RealGM

Post#871 » by sol537 » Sun May 19, 2024 1:41 pm

Jones Jr. for MLE? I doubt he leaves Dallas but he’d be an incredible get. Can we hire his pops? =)
Signature NYK
Sixth Man
And1: 555

Post#872 » by Signature NYK » Sun May 19, 2024 2:19 pm

Randle Mitch and 2 firsts for KD and Bol Bol

Bojan 4 picks 2 swaps for Mikal lol

Resign iHart
Resign Precious
Resign Burks

Brunson/Deuce/Burks
Mikal/Donte/Deuce/Burks
OG/Hart
KD/Hart/Precious
iHart/Bol Bol/Precious

We do lose some major rebounding which is a focal point of this team but overall we have bout a 3 year chip window and legit depth/defense/shot making.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#873 » by spree2kawhi » Sun May 19, 2024 2:37 pm

Signature NYK wrote:Randle Mitch and 2 firsts for KD and Bol Bol

Resign iHart
Resign Precious
Resign Burks

Brunson/Deuce/Burks
Mikal/Donte/Deuce/Burks
OG/Hart
KD/Hart/Precious
iHart/Bol Bol/Precious

We do lose some major rebounding which is a focal point of this team but overall we have bout a 3 year chip window and legit depth/defense/shot making.

Looks great :lol:
Signature NYK
Sixth Man

Post#874 » by Signature NYK » Sun May 19, 2024 2:52 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
Signature NYK wrote:Randle Mitch and 2 firsts for KD and Bol Bol

Resign iHart
Resign Precious
Resign Burks

Brunson/Deuce/Burks
Mikal/Donte/Deuce/Burks
OG/Hart
KD/Hart/Precious
iHart/Bol Bol/Precious

Looks great :lol:

Lmaooo worked in 2k!
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#875 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun May 19, 2024 2:54 pm

El Poochio wrote:Caruso for Mitch lets get it

Oh good, and maybe we should get Bruce Brown too. Just a whole team of 6'4"ish guys.

can I get a PF that can make an open 3, plays good to average defense, and rebounds. Please and thank you.
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Signature NYK
Sixth Man

Post#876 » by Signature NYK » Sun May 19, 2024 2:56 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:

Oh good, and maybe we should get Bruce Brown too. Just a whole team of 6'4"ish guys.

can I get a PF that can make an open 3, plays good to average defense, and rebounds. Please and thank you.

Deni Advija?
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#877 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun May 19, 2024 3:08 pm

Signature NYK wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

Deni Advija?

he is a little scrawny, but he would be awesome.
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,563

Post#878 » by newyorker4ever » Sun May 19, 2024 3:16 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

Don’t know who we go after if Dmitch goes elsewhere m!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D.Booker or P.George.

The rumors are that Paul George is going to the Sixers. Besides, I'd rather have OG than PG.

I'd rather have OG as well, even with all of his soft tissue injuries he has every single year, but i wasn't saying one or the other, i was on the get both train.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#879 » by newyorker4ever » Sun May 19, 2024 3:23 pm

HopelessKnick wrote:I look at it this way--our regular rotation looks like this:

Brunson-Deuce-DD-Hart-OG-Randle-Ihart-Mitch

I personally like Precious a lot as well because he is very good insurance for Mitch. Given the way this team has grown together and is playing together, I find it difficult to imagine how we trade any of the above 8. Now Mitch is definitely injury prone but due to his injuries we'd likely never gonna get a decent offer for him so I believe we should keep him and load manage him as much as possible.

If you look at above 8 man roation, whom are you willing to really trade? And if you don't trade any of them, realistically you can't get a superstar player. If it was up to me I'd package 4-5 picks along with Bog's expiring contract and maybe Precious and see if some team is willing to trade a star two way wing to us.

But I feel like this team and these players deserve a shot at rolling it back and going for the title next year.

Garland-Mitchell didn't work out. Trae-Murray didn't work out. Do we really want to try our own version of a small backcourt?

Did Garland/Mitchell not work out though? They went to the 2nd round and went up against the Celtics. Their team just isn't built like the Celtics with star players everywhere.

With Trae it's going to be hard for anyone to work out with him because he's more of a stat padder than he is a team player just like Russ Westbrook was back in his day.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#880 » by newyorker4ever » Sun May 19, 2024 3:25 pm

sol537 wrote:Spida, Allen for Randle, Mitch, McBride, filler (no picks)

Cavs want to remain competitive and a "big three" of Mobley, Randle, and Garland with super role players like Mitch (off the bench) and McBride and Strus could keep them there. Remember that their unprotected 1st rounders are going to Utah so tanking is out of the question. A starting front court of Mobley and Randle actually fits quite well in the modern NBA.

DDV becomes your super 6th man, getting the same minutes as he's accustomed to this regular season backing up Brunson and Spida. Hart can be the stopgap starting "3" until we find a good deal for Bogs + picks (someone taller like Mikal or Tre Murphy?). Hart then moves back to the bench. We then use the three draft picks to find some tall 3&D wingmen we can develop as OG insurance. Can Spida and Brunson work? I guess that question is similar to "Can Brunson and Randle" lead NYK to a title? (given Randle's playoff struggles and defensive lapses). iHart, OG, (tall 3&D stud), Spida, Brunson starting with Allen, Hart, and DDV as your bench can be very potent and deep.

I'd rather add to our side of that package and see if we can get Mobley and play him at PF.

Return to New York Knicks