ImageImageImageImageImage

Wilson Chandler..

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,429

Post#21 » by Luv those Knicks » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:21 am

Chandler's young also, he's only a few months over 20. That gives him time to develop.

and I don't think Isiah's showing him off for trade. Isiah has a history of believing in his young players, not trading them.

Isiah may be showing off Nate, (who has been rumored in potential trades a lot), but I don't believe Isiah's looking to trade Chandler.
Now it's all about the off-season for my Knicks. (and rooting for Boston to crush Indiana).
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Re: Wilson Chandler.. 

Post#22 » by KnicksScholar24 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:32 am

nyk2423 wrote:Did it look like he can make it in this league?

Well, I don't think someone can really make that judgment after one game with significant playing time.

He looked raw and inexperienced from what I could tell. I couldn't make a determination about his career in the league based on what I watched (although I wasn't really paying attention to every second of the game). I had more exciting things to do like clean my toilet and shave Auncha Sanders' back.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
Knick 4ever
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#23 » by Knick 4ever » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:14 pm

Had Isiah been a good coach or if we had a good coaching staff, this kid as well as Balkman, Lee, Nate and many of our youngsters would have been much better. We have one of the worse developmental coaching staff in the league folks and you guys have to recognize that by now. If you watched the game last night, you would realize that most of his shots came from while he is standing behind the 3 point line. Why not ask the kid to play inside and work his way outside? Even Balkman found himself standing behind the 3 line. Our scheme is the worse I have seen in a long time. You simply can't blame that on the players.

Chandler is the type of player that should be playing 5 yo 10 minutes per game. Why? because he can handle it. He is the purest 2 way player we have on the roster.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
Jmonty580
General Manager
And1: 407

Post#24 » by Jmonty580 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:28 pm

If i was head coach he would be starting. He needs work and more experience but I like his composure out there and his confidence. He tries hard, and thats what we need right now, he's hungry. JC and Q are a joke right now, I would start Wilson and Balkman for the rest of the season, and if JC or Q wants back into the starting lineup, they'd have to play like champs coming off of the bench first. Wilson has game, sadly i dont think he will ever get the chance to develop his game here in NY.
Jord0111
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#25 » by Jord0111 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:38 pm

He looked like a guy who will be in the CBA or Europe within the next year or two. Isiah can't evaluate talent anyway.
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#26 » by BasicBall » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:18 pm

He looked like a natural small forward to me! Isiah should stop front'n and split the sf minutes between Wilson and Renaldo....I hope he finally made a resolution and will give the kids minutes and a chance to develop! You can not learn by watching....And you can not evaluate in small doses! I will still say that Wilson and Balkman are the only two guys who are natural small forwards on the this team
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,697

Post#27 » by knicksNOTslick » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:55 pm

Guys, it would be bad if you give Chandler minutes right away. You have to make him earn it. Now's a good time to start playing him and insert him slowly into the rotation.

It just sucks that he's put into this situation.
Fire AnDice
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#28 » by Fire AnDice » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:08 pm

Slimpack wrote:He wasn't the perfect basketball player or anything but I think he has potential. He even had a block, which the Knicks average I think 1 of per season.

You can watch him here. Cosmic uploaded some of the game.

http://www.zshare.net/video/6134033aaaa100/

Thanks. Is there a second half video?

Return to New York Knicks