ImageImageImageImageImage

Mr. Excuses now says the knicks are Tentative. O_o

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Clark_Kent411
Banned User
And1: 0

Mr. Excuses now says the knicks are Tentative. O_o 

Post#1 » by Clark_Kent411 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:49 pm

Off of WIRETAP:

January 3, 2008 - 5:42 pm

The Journal News -
Knicks coach Isiah Thomas made tentative play the latest excuse for the constant losing.

After practice this afternoon, he noted the Knicks missed an unusual number of layups and passed on several open shots during an embarrassing loss to the Sacramento Kings .

"I think the tentativeness leads to the missed shots, which leads to the reluctance to take a shot," Thomas said. "It's almost like we're playing afraid. Last night we were playing not to lose. We're not playing to win games. We're playing not to make a mistake."

He refused to acknowledge that recent lineup changes and quick hooks might have created this atmosphere
. [READ]

:lol:
daBockas
Pro Prospect
And1: 3

Post#2 » by daBockas » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:56 pm

If he said "Dolan's tentativeness to fire me and sell the team is why we're losing" he would have been right.
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,700

Post#3 » by DE FENSE » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:08 pm

Its more fun watching this spin doctor work the media than watching his team.
makeitstop
General Manager
And1: 2,274

Post#4 » by makeitstop » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:14 pm

If he's talking about Crawford in last night's game, he's not wrong.

I can't remember ever seeing Crawford so hesitant to take a shot. I think Zeke played him even though his hand still isn't right.
'Every night ending in 'Y' is a rock fight when you're playing the New York Knicks.' - World Wide Wob
Anotha Knicks fan
Head Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#5 » by Anotha Knicks fan » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:21 pm

Why is this news? C'mon now. It's not like we are building a case against Isiah, and why he should be fired. His incompetence alone speaks volumes against him, not to mention the Knicks' record. Far be it from me trying to defend the guy, but what is he supposed to say? I've always stated he is a salesman, and will do everything to maintain an "everything is fine" type of attitude, even when he is barely standing on one leg.

I just get pissed off at these reporters who report these little tidbit sound bytes as if they are reporting anything new. Wanna interest me, how bout writing an article that lays out what he is really doing, or what his butt plug boss said to him last night? What is their direction, and why hasn't something been done about this crap team, and it's state.

IMHO, it appears as if we are seriously tanking for a top pick. I just wish they'd come out and say it, rather than continue to feed to any speculation otherwise.
Join me in welcoming in the new Era of our basketball team:

The New York Mediocrebockers!
method
RealGM
And1: 299

Post#6 » by method » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:49 pm

Anotha Knicks fan wrote:

IMHO, it appears as if we are seriously tanking for a top pick. I just wish they'd come out and say it, rather than continue to feed to any speculation otherwise.

They CANT come out and say it.

Return to New York Knicks