ImageImageImageImageImage

Hey Slimpack, found the Malik Rose article

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,579

Hey Slimpack, found the Malik Rose article 

Post#1 » by ctorres » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:17 pm

Since no one here saw when Slimpack asked about what Rose said exactly and I quoted Slimpack since I didn't know what all the commotion was about.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01042008/sp ... 431124.htm

Malik Rose, who won two rings with the Spurs, knows the ingredients needed in a championship team, so he knows what the Knicks lack. Contrary to Isiah Thomas' proclamation, Rose said the Knicks don't have what it takes inside the locker room to be a winner.

Rose said the Knicks are not like the Spurs, whom they face tonight in a potential blowout. When it comes to the makeup of the players, it's not even close. Rose referred to "heart," but also seemed to be referencing work ethic and ability to handle adversity.

"There are things that are different (in San Antonio) than here," said Rose, in his fourth season with the Knicks. "There are a few small things . . . that are the difference between winning and losing. In some instances you have to be born with them. In some instances you can work to get them. We need more of those things."

Rose also said the Knicks are made up of many disparate parts without any continuity, as opposed to the Spurs, the prime example of constancy.

"You have eight, nine guys there who've spent tons of time together," Rose said of the Spurs. "This team (the Knicks) has been put together over the last couple of years, we have young guys, draft picks, we have free agents, we have trade guys. It takes time to mesh that together and we're not there yet. We have some weird personalities, different personalities on this team."

Rose said his teammates are pressing too much for fear of failure or perhaps fear of being yanked from the lineup in one of Isiah Thomas' constant shuffles.

Rose said as a result, a player doesn't always use "what God gave you, your talents and creativity. What we're doing here is we're overthinking. We're not reacting."
Slimpack
Lead Assistant
And1: 83

Post#2 » by Slimpack » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:27 pm

Oh, Thanks. What's weird is that no one actually posted this until now...
ctorres
RealGM

Post#3 » by ctorres » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:33 pm

Yeah, weird isn't it?

I find it frustrating. I go out of my way. I'm up late, searching "Knicks" on google news to find articles almost as soon as they come out, and try posting them here so people can get them early.

This article came up after I had gone to bed. I know it was up on wiretap for a little bit, but would it have killed someone to just post the quotes in order to have something of substance to discuss?
nylj2
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#4 » by nylj2 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:02 pm

ctorres wrote:Yeah, weird isn't it?

I find it frustrating. I go out of my way. I'm up late, searching "Knicks" on google news to find articles almost as soon as they come out, and try posting them here so people can get them early.

This article came up after I had gone to bed. I know it was up on wiretap for a little bit, but would it have killed someone to just post the quotes in order to have something of substance to discuss?

Basically what he's saying, and somewhat tactfully, is that this team has some low character guys and it's hard to win that way.

I find it so stupid the way the newspapers play into Isiah's nonsense. For example, Isiah talks championships, so they print that, then Rose says basically that we're not a championship team (DUH) and that's somehow news.

Rose for coach/gm/pres
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#5 » by knicks742 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:04 pm

ctorres wrote:Yeah, weird isn't it?

I appreciate what you do.

Now go and find more articles.

:D
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#6 » by mjhp911 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:08 pm

knicks742 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I appreciate what you do.

Now go and find more articles.

:D

Screw that, go find me a cheap ho, CT, and get me a beer while you're at it... :wink:
ctorres
RealGM

Post#7 » by ctorres » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:17 pm

Hahaha, what you drinking these days mjhp? I could go get some Old English from the local gas station for the game tonight.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#8 » by mjhp911 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:22 pm

Zeke's Kool-Aid and gin, er, ah, I mean Old English sounds good... :lol:
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#9 » by StutterStep » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:42 pm

Man, Malik Rose is a CANCER!!

Doesn't this guy realize the team is pining for DUMPED him along with 2 first rounders.

That's like some pathetic loser still longing for his college girlfriend after she'd done had 4 kids and married to a millionaire.

Give it up Malik!!!

If you hate it here so much, why'd you opt in your extension!!

Return to New York Knicks