ImageImageImageImageImage

One person interested in being our GM!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,525

Post#21 » by blueNorange » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:54 pm

knicks742 wrote:All I have to say is Kenyon Martin.
That's not fair, is Martin overpaid?? yes, but everyone in the NBA is overpaid.

Martin's last year with the Nets he averaged:

16.7 ppg | 9.5 rpg | 2.5 apg | 1.5 spg | 1.3 bpg

So basically he was a top player and when Kiki traded for him at the time, Martin was only 26 years old, he was heading into his prime years. It wasn't Kiki's fault Martin all of a sudden had glass for legs. Martin was heading into a system similar to the Nets so Kiki thought Martin was gonna put if not the same, then more points on the board.

If Martin was the same tough SOB he was in the Nets, I'd trade anyone on this roster for him ... the man can energize the crowd and his team not only by his mouth ... but by his game.

Besides, I've never seen anyone abuse the rim like him :droop:
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#22 » by knicks742 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:57 pm

blueNorange wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's not fair, is Martin overpaid?? yes, but everyone in the NBA is overpaid.

Martin's last year with the Nets he averaged:

16.7 ppg | 9.5 rpg | 2.5 apg | 1.5 spg | 1.3 bpg

So basically he was a top player and when Kiki traded for him at the time, Martin was only 26 years old, he was heading into his prime years. It wasn't Kiki's fault Martin all of a sudden had glass for legs. Martin was heading into a system similar to the Nets so Kiki thought Martin was gonna put if not the same, then more points on the board.

If Martin was the same tough SOB he was in the Nets, I'd trade anyone on this roster for him ... the man can energize the crowd and his team not only by his mouth ... but by his game.

Besides, I've never seen anyone abuse the rim like him :droop:

I will repeat what I said. He was not worth a max deal and giving up three first round picks for him. YOu guys kill Isiah for giving up two for Curry. That is as bad, if not worst.

PS He already had had the ACL issue in college so its not like he was a healthy man.
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#23 » by BasicBall » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:59 pm

I know Isiah has a been a disaster, but Kiki is not the solution....
Layden was an idiot for doing that Camby/Nene for McKnee deal!

How is Skita doing in the league these days???
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,525

Post#24 » by blueNorange » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:01 pm

knicks742 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I will repeat what I said. He was not worth a max deal and giving up three first round picks for him. YOu guys kill Isiah for giving up two for Curry. That is as bad, if not worst.

PS He already had had the ACL issue in college so its not like he was a healthy man.
Of course he wasn't worth the max, but in this lifetime every athlete in every sports gets overpaid.

And please don't compare Martin to Curry because Martin right now is still light years ahead of Curry.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by knicks742 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:26 pm

blueNorange wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Of course he wasn't worth the max, but in this lifetime every athlete in every sports gets overpaid.

And please don't compare Martin to Curry because Martin right now is still light years ahead of Curry.

Ok so tell me something good that Kiki did other than drafting Melo (which landed in his lap).

*He passed arenas for miller.
*He signed Martin and gave away 3 first rounders.
*He drafted Skitas
*He drafted Nene over Amare

Did he even make the playoffs after his acquisitions? I cant remember.
CDAZ
Head Coach
And1: 2,336

Post#26 » by CDAZ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:35 pm

[quote="knicks742"][/quote]

Yeah, Mello has never missed the playoffs since he's been in the league.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 15,063

Post#27 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:40 pm

You know...could have been worth letting Kiki replace Isiah cause Isiah is probably gonna trade the pick. or not. you never know...its isiah
Knicksman780
Lead Assistant
And1: 901

Post#28 » by Knicksman780 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:43 pm

Ok so tell me something good that Kiki did other than drafting Melo (which landed in his lap).

*He passed arenas for miller.
*He signed Martin and gave away 3 first rounders.
*He drafted Skitas
*He drafted Nene over Amare

Did he even make the playoffs after his acquisitions? I cant remember.

Ummm. Everyone passed on Arenas
We drafted Nene over Amare

Yes, signing Martin was dumb and Skita was a bust...but we did get raped as bad as a naked chick falling into an Ape habitat at the zoo when he took Camby and Nene from us and gave us McKnee back...
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by knicks742 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:50 pm

Knicksman780 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Ummm. Everyone passed on Arenas
We drafted Nene over Amare

Yes, signing Martin was dumb and Skita was a bust...but we did get raped as bad as a naked chick falling into an Ape habitat at the zoo when he took Camby and Nene from us and gave us McKnee back...

Im assuming the deal was in place and they picked Nene. Only Utah, Denver and Washington had cap room to sign Arenas. IT was expected that he would go there but they passed and signed Miller instead.

Anywho, the point is that I dont believe Kiki should have been our number one choice to replace Isiah. There are many better gms out there that should be talked to first.
J0rdan4life42o
General Manager
And1: 263

Post#30 » by J0rdan4life42o » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:13 pm

LOL, the man love for Kiki is ridiculous. People praise him for rebuilding the Nuggets when they should be praising McDyess for blowing out his knee, because that's what got the ball rolling and any GM would have done the same. When the Nuggets got cap space, what did he do? He gave out unowrthy contracts to Kenyon Martin (not healthy, no low post game which was s/t Denver needed and he was playing with JKidd) and Andre Miller (putting up DECENT numbers on a bad team). Then he decided to reshape the roster by giving the full MLE to EARL WATSON and making a trade for Reggie Evans. Lets not forget his excellent draft picks of Skita (5), Rodney White (9) and trading away Jameer Nelson and a pick which could have been Josh Smith. This man is an awful GM. Melo fell into his lap, which saved the franchise, what we all hope Derrick Rose does for this Knick team.
XcalibuR
Lead Assistant
And1: 79

Post#31 » by XcalibuR » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:23 pm

Im assuming the deal was in place and they picked Nene. Only Utah, Denver and Washington had cap room to sign Arenas. IT was expected that he would go there but they passed and signed Miller instead.

Anywho, the point is that I dont believe Kiki should have been our number one choice to replace Isiah. There are many better gms out there that should be talked to first.

I don't think Jerry Colangelo and Jerry West gming the Knicks. So who else is left?
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#32 » by StutterStep » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:34 pm

These are the moments I tip my hat to Dolan.

:bowdown: :bowdown:
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#33 » by StutterStep » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:36 pm

Vdizle wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:crazy: how could he possibly have known that Martin would be injury prone? :nonono: :banghead:

At first I thought it was an amazing trade! At that time Martin was an all star type of player.

the two broken legs should have been a clue...but even as a KMart fan, I knew that JKidd had a lot to do with success.
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,088

Post#34 » by vallen » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:59 pm

Anyone know hat Kikis W-L and Play Off appearances are Compared to Isiahs....

That would be Brass Tacks rather then Trying to remember every move these guys made..Isnt that the Bottom Line....

You make moves to Improve your Team...Has Isiah done that ? Has Kiki been able to do That ?

Has Kiki landed another Job as GM ?

Will Isiah ever get another GM job in the League ?

Im really not sure, and dont care, as long as Isiah is Replaced.....A 5 year Lotto Team with none of those Lottos on your Team, and futures owed......Pathetic...Well, we will get this Years anyway...But this Team sucks...Its been one embarrassing season after another...The guys not only lost Ball games but destroyed the integrity of this Franchise as well...

Oh and didnt Larry Brown get fired for doing the same exact thing Isiahs doing now...Its absolutely painful to watch, If your old enough to remember what it was like to have a Team to be proud of anyway...
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,481

Post#35 » by GONYK » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:20 am

Kiki is not worth thinking this much, let alone bemoaning his non-hiring
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Kiki, you use the Knicks BEFORE you sign a deal, not AFTER! 

Post#36 » by richardhutnik » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:10 am

Now Kiki says he wanted to take a shot at Knicks GM? What happened to word BEFORE the deal came down he signed?

Someone has to tell Kiki how the game is played. You use the Knicks to bid up your price. Players who play this game don't end up with the Knicks but get more money because they play it.

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
Big C
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#37 » by Big C » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:22 am

He should join the Knicks. Kiki owes us for doing nothing but staying injured when he was a Knick.
fimslim3
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#38 » by fimslim3 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:25 am

I know many posters here don't want Kiki because of the K-Mart deal and drafting Skita, but his heart is in New York. I don't think Isiah Thomas cares about the long-term effects his deals have if he is no longer here. Kiki actually does, his father Ernie and himself both played for the Knicks and actually care what happens to them.

Return to New York Knicks