ImageImageImageImageImage

Did Jared Jeffries help Gilbert Arenas?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

NYKH20
Banned User
And1: 0

Did Jared Jeffries help Gilbert Arenas? 

Post#1 » by NYKH20 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:27 am

Gilbert Changes Shoes at Halftime, Says He's Unguardable

[Edit: Ok, ok, they were green. You can see them here. I'm sorry I don't have more on this story. There were all these people trying to ask about basketball, I did what I could. Frankly, I think I'm the only one that asked about shoes at all, so give me credit for that. I'll try to get a better answer today.]

Acting on a hot tip from my good friend wizardsdotcom, I planned to ask Gilbert about his shoe debut last night. He apparently wore the new All-Star Gil Zeroes, pictured here. But, this being Gilbert, he changed shoes at halftime and then gave the used pair to Jared Jeffries, so the shoes in question weren't even in the locker room after the game.

"I was just showcasing," he said of the brief shoe appearance.

Gil has apparently maintained close contact with Jared. In fact, Jared called Gilbert on Tuesday to tell him about the Knicks' defensive strategy.

"I knew it was gonna happen, I knew they were gonna come double," Gilbert explained. "Jared called and said they were gonna throw everything and the kitchen sink, you know? So from there you already know what's going to happen....He has to call and brag: 'You ain't gonna score 50 tonight.' All right, I don't need to score 50 tonight. I'll score 50 on somebody."

Portland, I asked?

"Yeah," he said. "Unless they come out with this game-plan."

Then Post columnist George Solomon asked Gilbert how he would guard himself.

"I don't know," he said. "One-on-one? If you were a defender? Just one person? You can't. If you have a team, a defensive team, but one-on-one, the way the rules are made, there's no way. You can't be too aggressive, you can't hand-check. So if I'm faster than everybody's who sticking me, you know, what are you going to do?"

Dunno. Someone ask Jared Jeffries.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2007/01/gilbert_changes_shoes_at_halft.html
king_k4life
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#2 » by king_k4life » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:29 am

Wow

Waive him for Treason
hoodie©
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#3 » by hoodie© » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:33 am

PrecociousNeoph
Head Coach
And1: 377

Post#4 » by PrecociousNeoph » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:42 am

I'm sure he had no idea that he'd see double teams before Jeffries told him.
“Bye, Felicia.”
fimslim3
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#5 » by fimslim3 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:04 am

Knicks actually have a defensive strategy?
nylj2
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#6 » by nylj2 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:09 am

PrecociousNeoph wrote:I'm sure he had no idea that he'd see double teams before Jeffries told him.

Or that's just like Mark Cuban accusing Don Nelson of somehow "stealing the playbook" on Dirk Nowitzki. A pick and roll isn't exactly a complicated play.

I blame the journalists. Don't you think we'd be much more substantive?

The Post will print a n y t h i n g.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#7 » by moocow007 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:24 am

I think I've found someone thats even harder to understand than Marbury. Maybe it's the Jack Daniels talking but I didn't understand a single sentence of that article.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,075

Post#8 » by Pharmcat » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:36 am

fimslim3 wrote:Knicks actually have a defensive strategy?

Return to New York Knicks