ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Obama wins the Iowa Caucus

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Which democrat will win the Iowa Caucus?

Barrack Obama
68%
Hillary Clinton
13%
John Edwards
15%
Joe Biden
2%
Other (please specify)
2%

Total votes: 60

UKF
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#161 » by UKF » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:44 pm

CDAZ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You're absolutely right, but it's foolish to believe that people aren't factoring race, religion, sex, or culture when they go into the voting both. Ignorance is very strong. It's been around since before we were all born and i'm sure it will be here after we're dead

Your totally right. I just want the best president to be chosen, not the president that's Black, Female, or Mormon...If one of them is the right president then thats fine.
CDAZ
Head Coach
And1: 2,336

Post#162 » by CDAZ » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:22 am

Capn'O wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Could be - I thought you were directing the guy's accusations that white voters are going to change their tune at posters here. A couple of (presumably) white posters have come in here and defended Obama HARD. I interpreted your meaning to imply that _we_ were the hypocrites and potential turncoats... that the rant was directed at us.

If that wasn't your meaning... my bad.

I want this guy to be president soooo bad and I think you have to believe that those who have taken such a strong alliance are going to stay with him. I understand that for some voters race will be a factor but if Obama continues to look like a strong candidate I'd much rather use my energy to try and win over those on the fence than try to convince people that I'm not going to turn my back on him in the booth.

LOL. It's all good man, but just because you won't turn your back or change your decision doesn't mean the next voter won't. What that link was talking about really happens. Just last night Chris Mathews was talking about how white people have to stop lying to themselves in the voting both. I hope to god that on this election people vote with their heart for the best person qualified for the job but I wouldn't be surprised if I saw Mit , McCain, or Rudy going up against Edwards. It's just a sad part of life but here's to hoping for the best.
CDAZ
Head Coach

Post#163 » by CDAZ » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:24 am

cmaff051 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I am white and I have defended Obama hard during this whole thread. He has been my favorite candidate since Day 1. He will be getting my vote if he is the democratic nominee.

I will admit that I wasn't on the Obama bus from day one but I must say he is growing on me with each day that passes. The sad part is I think Richardson may really be the most qualified but he doesn't seem to be attracting anyone to his cause.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#164 » by cmaff051 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:27 am

I will admit that I wasn't on the Obama bus from day one but I must say he is growing on me with each day that passes. The sad part is I think Richardson may really be the most qualified but he doesn't seem to be attracting anyone to his cause.

I liked Biden and Kucinich. It's a shame neither of them had a chance to get elected, because both of them have plenty to offer this country but don't have a chance in hell of getting elected.
CDAZ
Head Coach

Post#165 » by CDAZ » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:35 am

I liked Biden and Kucinich. It's a shame neither of them had a chance to get elected, because both of them have plenty to offer this country but don't have a chance in hell of getting elected.

Biden lost me when he said he wanted to split iraq into three countries
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#166 » by cmaff051 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:38 am

Biden lost me when he said he wanted to split iraq into three countries

I certainly don't agree with everything Biden says, but he's a thinker and he's a hard-nosed, I'm-going-to-tell-you-like-it-is guy. I'm certainly much more favorable to Kucinch though, especially his stance on social issues.
CDAZ
Head Coach

Post#167 » by CDAZ » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:48 am

I certainly don't agree with everything Biden says, but he's a thinker and he's a hard-nosed, I'm-going-to-tell-you-like-it-is guy. I'm certainly much more favorable to Kucinch though, especially his stance on social issues.

Yeah I liked his tell you how it is attitude also and then he told me something i didn't like so i had to walk away. To be fair he seemed like the most honest out of all of them. I can't really knock the guy
eviL
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Post#168 » by eviL » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:50 am

It was nice reading over the past couple of pages, how people can agree on and unite for something like Obama's cause.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#169 » by cmaff051 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:05 am

Good news out of New Hampshire in Obama's favor, at least from one source.

http://www.time-blog.com/swampland/2008 ... ratic.html
January 4, 2008 9:18
Hillary Booed at NH Democratic Party Dinner
Posted by Jay Newton-Small | Comments (4) | Permalink | Trackbacks (0) | Email This
If the New Hampshire Democratic Party
JoeT
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#170 » by JoeT » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:21 am

My perception is that Hillary is the least electable of the three major democratic candidates, and by a long shot. She comes off as extremely manipulative and seems to only say what she thinks people want to hear, while I've noticed she's had trouble concisely defending her stances in debates when questioned. I think most people can see through that, and I think if she was elected, it'd be more of the same bull going on in the White House. Edwards and Obama come off as much more genuine with their opinions, and while I'm sure they're not as idealistic as they portray themselves to be, they seem to be more committed to fixing things than Hillary is, or any other candidate I can recall from recent memory. Also throw in that Edwards and Obama seem to share opinions on many issues (they've gotten into some 2-vs-1 arguments with Hillary in debates), and that should make them even more electable, as Edwards is very likely to be Obama's VP running mate from the way I see it, while I don't see either of them wanting to VP for Hillary.
CDAZ
Head Coach

Post#171 » by CDAZ » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:09 am

Did anyone hear Hillarys spin session where she straight **** on the people of Iowa?

Return to New York Knicks