ImageImageImageImageImage

Official MMA discussion thread pt 3 UFC 300: Pereira vs Hill, Zhang vs Xionan, BMF Gaethje vs Holloway

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,654

Re: Official MMA discussion thread pt 3: Holloway vs Yair + Leon Edwards needs an opponent 

Post#101 » by j4remi » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:27 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
j4remi wrote:
I think it's a publicity stunt for Jake. It's useful that he's using fighter pay to troll Dana White, but I don't think he gives a damn about fighters or either boxing or MMA. From what I've heard, this is meaningless in terms of having any impact on operations or even a voice in the room. But I also never take Jake too seriously so I haven't looked too deep into it.

I haven't either but why spend the money just to troll? If trolling is all he's after and this is simply performance art, he can already do that on YouTube and Twitter bc of his incredible following. But that's all I got to offer. How realistic is this maneuver, I dunno. I have no savvy when it comes to takeovers and acquisitions.

It's an investment, so it's not just spending money to troll. Jake sees how much cash there is in combat sports first hand. But the solution to fighter pay isn't to invest in the flagship company that's most responsible for the fighter pay problems without gaining any influence. At best, he's positioned himself to try and reach out to someone above Dana when he wants to pull a UFC fighter out for his next boxing farce. At worst, he's cashing in on the same issues that he claims to want to fix.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,042

Re: Official MMA discussion thread pt 3: UFC 270 Ngannou vs Gane for the HW title 

Post#102 » by bringbackhoffa » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:20 pm

Read on Twitter

GOAT
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,541

Re: Official MMA discussion thread pt 3: UFC 270 Ngannou vs Gane for the HW title 

Post#103 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:01 am

bringbackhoffa wrote:
Read on Twitter

GOAT

Let him guard the paint.

See the expression on his face after he hit the shot? :lol:
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#104 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:43 pm

Wotore?
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#105 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:18 pm

This looks like serious business. This lawsuit, which asserts claims for violation of the Sherman Anti-Trust Act (treble damages!), was granted class action status. The plaIntiffs can win up to a total amount of $5 billion.

Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#106 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:25 am

Mamedov vs Benson Henderson was fun. Khabib at the fight. I think Benson won. Let's see.
Free Palestine
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#107 » by j4remi » Tue Feb 8, 2022 3:09 pm

My guy Shavkhat fought this weekend and I wasn't around the watch. But I heard he had another highlight KO.

This weekend is a fun PPV, Izzy vs Whitaker 2; Lewis vs Tuivasa, Cannonier vs Brunson...those are three BANGERS! Kyler Phillips is always fun just below that and Green vs Haqparest should be a lot of fun too. The prelim is solid too, with Casey Oneill vs Modaffieri and Matt Schnell vs Alex Perez. Those don't have quick title implications but they'll be fun point blank.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#108 » by bringbackhoffa » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:03 am

Tua vs Lewis isn't fair, both such fun fighters

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#109 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:50 am

I'm waiting for GEOLINK's update on Conor's 12-Step AA program progress. Any news?
Free Palestine
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#110 » by bringbackhoffa » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:56 pm

Good on Schnell for declining that fight against Perez after Perez missed weight. Hopefully the UFC doesnt punish him for doing so as this is Perez fault.

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

Guano
RealGM
And1: 43,020

Post#111 » by Guano » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:34 pm

j4remi wrote:My guy Shavkhat fought this weekend and I wasn't around the watch. But I heard he had another highlight KO.

This weekend is a fun PPV, Izzy vs Whitaker 2; Lewis vs Tuivasa, Cannonier vs Brunson...those are three BANGERS! Kyler Phillips is always fun just below that and Green vs Haqparest should be a lot of fun too. The prelim is solid too, with Casey Oneill vs Modaffieri and Matt Schnell vs Alex Perez. Those don't have quick title implications but they'll be fun point blank.

what's your projection on Shav or do you need to see more against top level comp? He is so damn smooth and controlled in the cage. Fun fighter to watch. hope he continues his ascension to the top of his weight class.

as for the fights this weekend. it's going to suck to see bobby knuckles get beat up again. not that i have anything against izzy - generational talent that is a lot of fun to watch. i'm just a fan of bobby.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Guano
RealGM

Post#112 » by Guano » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:37 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:I'm waiting for GEOLINK's update on Conor's 12-Step AA program progress. Any news?

i'd guess not good, wingo, not good.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#113 » by j4remi » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:15 pm

Guano wrote:
j4remi wrote:My guy Shavkhat fought this weekend and I wasn't around the watch. But I heard he had another highlight KO.

what's your projection on Shav or do you need to see more against top level comp? He is so damn smooth and controlled in the cage. Fun fighter to watch. hope he continues his ascension to the top of his weight class.

as for the fights this weekend. it's going to suck to see bobby knuckles get beat up again. not that i have anything against izzy - generational talent that is a lot of fun to watch. i'm just a fan of bobby.

I liked Shavkhat more than Chimaev when they were fighting similar competition. Chimaev's steamrolled the higher ranks, so I can't keep rating Shavkhat as the better prospect until he faces better guys. But I think they're both title level prospects and I think Shavkhat's the superior striker by a decent amount (Chimaev's the better wrestler by a similar gap though or more).

I really like Whitaker too. I met him during one of the MSG UFC events while he was coming back from knee injury and he was really chill (Joe Benavidez also wound up being really cool). If there's one thing that keeps coming up about Whitaker, it's that he had less than 10 takedown attempts in his 9 MW fights up to and including the first match with Izzy. Since that KO loss, he's attempted 22 in the three fights after. So for Whitaker, the path to upset comes in level changing and forcing Adesanya to grapple.

...I still like Adesanya to retain, but I wouldn't mind an upset that sparks a true rivalry. The division will be pretty boring if Adesanya wins. He'd have the winner of Cannonier/Brunson next I guess, and it looks like rematches (I don't buy the Strickland hype). Izzy's a superstar IMO, but that division is pretty stagnant besides him. Dominant champs at the top can do that sometimes.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Guano
RealGM

Post#114 » by Guano » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:36 pm

j4remi wrote:
Guano wrote:

I liked Shavkhat more than Chimaev when they were fighting similar competition. Chimaev's steamrolled the higher ranks, so I can't keep rating Shavkhat as the better prospect until he faces better guys. But I think they're both title level prospects and I think Shavkhat's the superior striker by a decent amount (Chimaev's the better wrestler by a similar gap though or more).

I really like Whitaker too. I met him during one of the MSG UFC events while he was coming back from knee injury and he was really chill (Joe Benavidez also wound up being really cool). If there's one thing that keeps coming up about Whitaker, it's that he had less than 10 takedown attempts in his 9 MW fights up to and including the first match with Izzy. Since that KO loss, he's attempted 22 in the three fights after. So for Whitaker, the path to upset comes in level changing and forcing Adesanya to grapple.

...I still like Adesanya to retain, but I wouldn't mind an upset that sparks a true rivalry. The division will be pretty boring if Adesanya wins. He'd have the winner of Cannonier/Brunson next I guess, and it looks like rematches (I don't buy the Strickland hype). Izzy's a superstar IMO, but that division is pretty stagnant besides him. Dominant champs at the top can do that sometimes.

It's exciting to see what could possibly happen in welter weight. Really excited to see what Shav can do against stronger comp. He has looked elite against anyone they've put in front of him. They both seem destined to fight each other. Don't know if it's correct or not but Chim's wrestling seams to be extremely elite. Maybe Shav's is good enough to neutralize it and with his better stand up he takes him out. Either way can't wait to see them fight in 2023

As for Chim how do you see him doing against Burns?

And whats wild about Izzy making middle weight boring is that if he wasn't there Bobby Knuckles would be doing the same thing - they're 1a and 1b. They both seem to be a step above everyone else in that division.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#115 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:02 pm

Guano wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:I'm waiting for GEOLINK's update on Conor's 12-Step AA program progress. Any news?

Lmao. Is this recent?
Free Palestine
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#116 » by bringbackhoffa » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:20 pm

Rogan not on ppv due to "scheduling conflict"

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

Guano
RealGM

Post#117 » by Guano » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:55 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Guano wrote:

Lmao. Is this recent?

I believe it is and tbh, this cast more doubt than his recent poor performances or his broken leg. Guy is out here lit tf up.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#118 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:34 am

Guano wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Guano wrote:

Lmao. Is this recent?

I believe it is and tbh, this cast more doubt than his recent poor performances or his broken leg. Guy is out here lit tf up.

LOL, yeah. And look at that belly jiggling around. He should take Khamzat up on the offer to fight at 170. :D I'm sure GEO is up for it.
Free Palestine
Guano
RealGM

Post#119 » by Guano » Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:40 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Guano wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Lmao. Is this recent?

LOL, yeah. And look at that belly jiggling around. He should take Khamzat up on the offer to fight at 170. :D I'm sure GEO is up for it.

Kham would destroy Conor. While that video proves otherwise, I do think Conor is smart enough to never get in the cage with that beast.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#120 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:16 am

Guano wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Guano wrote:

Kham would destroy Conor. While that video proves otherwise, I do think Conor is smart enough to never get in the cage with that beast.

That alcohol, especially brown alcohol, is poison to a fighter's body. Plus, he doesn't look like he even cares one bit.

"When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong." :lol: The man lost his damn mind.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks