ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: New York Knicks at Toronto Raptors at 7:30pm on Wednesday, 3/27/24 - BIG MEECH RETURN, RJ and IQ out.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,040

Re: GT: New York Knicks at Toronto Raptors at 7:30pm on Wednesday, 3/27/24 - BIG MEECH RETURN, RJ and IQ out. 

Post#101 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:11 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:We got both guys, 48 minutes of great defense, who cares.

The point is we were told we'd fall apart without Mitch when he went out, we went 31-19 without him and dusty posters still don't want to put respect on Iharts name. It's nasty work.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,437

Re: GT: New York Knicks at Toronto Raptors at 7:30pm on Wednesday, 3/27/24 - BIG MEECH RETURN, RJ and IQ out. 

Post#103 » by god shammgod » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:13 pm

was last year's playoffs vs the cavs a highlight reel ? or was a huge reason we won the series because of him ? or are you gonna change history now to fit your narrative ? shart with an impressive 3 points and 4 rebounds last year in the postseason by the way. really showed out.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,201

Post#104 » by Reign23 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:13 pm

Mitch is baaack. nice, 10 games is enough time to get his feet wet until the playoffs.
formerly known as knickst4pe
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Re: GT: New York Knicks at Toronto Raptors at 7:30pm on Wednesday, 3/27/24 - Bruson vs IQ? 

Post#105 » by stuporman » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:15 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
stuporman wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
That means he's not playing, but it sounds nice.

Wait, Stuporman told me none of the injured players would play in any of these "laugher" games.

I guess his ability to read the future completely correctly only applies to past draft picks, once they are on a good streak. :D

I said Mitch was the one that could come back during these laugher games...I guess your ability to read the present moment sentences someone writes only applies to trolling posts so I write this one that way in hopes you can read it. :lol:

I can mostly understand this now.

It's ability to be comprehended by you was probably enhanced because I poured some bourbon while writing it, now if you drink some while reading it you'll fully understand...:rofl:
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
stuporman
RealGM

Post#106 » by stuporman » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:18 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:We got both guys, 48 minutes of great defense, who cares.

Apparently some people cannot help but pit Knicks players against themselves and think they are experts which is like the Dunning-Kruger effect but since it's about Knicks players we call it the Gallinari-Chandler effect.
Image?
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,452

Post#107 » by aggo » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:22 pm

sad, might not turn the game on

Read on Twitter
?s=20
stuporman
RealGM

Post#108 » by stuporman » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:23 pm

aggo wrote:
stuporman wrote:
god shammgod wrote:not only is shart a better defender than mitch, he's better than rudy gobert because of these stats. he's also better than og by the way. listen closely....you are not serious individuals.

The one stat they neglect to include is with Mitch starting the Knicks were a top 5 defense and when he went down and iHart starting the Knicks were a bottom 5 defense. It was only after OG came did the Knicks all of a sudden become a better defensive team again.

I will be fair though, iHart has played good enough defense lately that the team defense hasn't dropped off that much after OG went out. Of course, you know that Mitch working himself back into game shape will be a perfect excuse to say he's not as good now for the people who are his haters.

dont just say stuff.

og has played 17 games as a knick this year

ihart has started 39, played in 65

we are not a "top" or whatever u want say defense because of those 17 games that OG played vs the 65 games ihart has played.

those 10 games where we held opponents under to 90 or whatever it was,

og played like in 2 of those games.
and
mitch 0
and ihart played in all 10

so again, please, we all have agendas, we all realize this.

but stop just saying stuff.

It's not stuff, it's stats, the Knicks went from a top 5 defense to bottom 5 when Mitch went down and only got better again when OG came. I did stipulate that the Knicks defense was better even after OG went down and attributed it to iHart playing better.

I'm now going to say why the team defense didn't tank like it did previously...Randle wasn't there to tank it. So maybe it's that Mitch is so good he can cover for Randle and iHart isn't good enough to cover for Randle's pathetic defense.

This is the only variable that changed from iHart's initial time before without OG and after without OG...hi melo!
Image?
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,063

Post#109 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:25 pm

sham out here getting cooked no diddy
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,349

Post#110 » by TrueWarrior » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:27 pm

god shammgod wrote:was last year's playoffs vs the cavs a highlight reel ? or was a huge reason we won the series because of him ? or are you gonna change history now to fit your narrative ? shart with an impressive 3 points and 4 rebounds last year in the postseason by the way. really showed out.

I got more stats for you then.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/nba-player-ratings/

RAPTOR had Isaiah as our 2nd best player in the playoffs after Jalen last year. Yes, better than Mitch. All of these different advanced stats must be lying right. Of course you only use raw ppg and rpg.

Mitch was great against Cleveland, but so was Isaiah. They both dominated Allen and Mobley.

I’ve said my piece. Unless Mitch learns to do anything on offense besides camp in the paint for rebounds, and make some FTs, he’s only a great bench player if we want to win a title.
stuporman
RealGM

Post#111 » by stuporman » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:28 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:
stuporman wrote:
god shammgod wrote:not only is shart a better defender than mitch, he's better than rudy gobert because of these stats. he's also better than og by the way. listen closely....you are not serious individuals.

The one stat they neglect to include is with Mitch starting the Knicks were a top 5 defense and when he went down and iHart starting the Knicks were a bottom 5 defense. It was only after OG came did the Knicks all of a sudden become a better defensive team again.

I will be fair though, iHart has played good enough defense lately that the team defense hasn't dropped off that much after OG went out. Of course, you know that Mitch working himself back into game shape will be a perfect excuse to say he's not as good now for the people who are his haters.

You guys keep bringing up those 2 weeks before OG.

You always neglect to mention that Isaiah was playing before then, with Mitch, too. It’s not like Isaiah replaced Mitch.

Nobody is denying we are a better team with Mitch playing over Jericho and Precious. Mitch is a very good player, but Isaiah is just better.

Also, these stats Im throwing out cover the whole season. OG has only played like 15 games, so he’s definitely not the reason Isaiah’s numbers are top shelf.

Even during our down February and early March, the team basically lost every game Isaiah didn’t play.

Against back ups...iHart played mostly against back ups but when he had to play against starters is when the problem arose. Him combined with the player simulation known as Sims yea...the Knicks team defense was terrible, so bad it took them from top of the league to bottom in only two weeks...that's pretty terrible.

I said he improved though...did you miss that? It's the pick and roll defense that has improved...he's always been good at the rim.
Image?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,508

Post#112 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:29 pm

I’m at Changing Times in Farmingdale if anyone in the area wants to join me. I’m the old man sitting by himself in the corner wearing a creepy-looking oversized hoodie.
Free Palestine
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,452

Post#113 » by aggo » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:29 pm

stuporman wrote:
aggo wrote:
stuporman wrote:

dont just say stuff.

we are not a "top" or whatever u want say defense because of those 17 games that OG played vs the 65 games ihart has played.

and
mitch 0

It's not stuff, it's stats, the Knicks went from a top 5 defense to bottom 5 when Mitch went down and only got better again when OG came. I did stipulate that the Knicks defense was better even after OG went down and attributed it to iHart playing better.

I'm now going to say why the team defense didn't tank like it did previously...Randle wasn't there to tank it. So maybe it's that Mitch is so good he can cover for Randle and iHart isn't good enough to cover for Randle's pathetic defense.

This is the only variable that changed from iHart's initial time before without OG and after without OG...hi melo!

what stats?

stuporman
RealGM

Post#114 » by stuporman » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:34 pm

aggo wrote:
stuporman wrote:
aggo wrote:

dont just say stuff.

and
mitch 0

what stats?

The team defense stats...the one you ignore. That's the only one that really matter because basketball is a team sport...
Image?
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#115 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:35 pm

Gravy wrote:Whether you like Mitch or Ihart more the team is far better with both. 48 minutes of metal bats

lets not let facts get in the way of bullying sham
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,437

Post#116 » by god shammgod » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:35 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:sham out here getting cooked no diddy

you've said this before. why don't you try something new, like a salad.
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,349

Post#117 » by TrueWarrior » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:36 pm

stuporman wrote:
TrueWarrior wrote:You guys keep bringing up those 2 weeks before OG.

You always neglect to mention that Isaiah was playing before then, with Mitch, too. It’s not like Isaiah replaced Mitch.

Nobody is denying we are a better team with Mitch playing over Jericho and Precious. Mitch is a very good player, but Isaiah is just better.

Also, these stats Im throwing out cover the whole season. OG has only played like 15 games, so he’s definitely not the reason Isaiah’s numbers are top shelf.

Even during our down February and early March, the team basically lost every game Isaiah didn’t play.

Against back ups...iHart played mostly against back ups but when he had to play against starters is when the problem arose. Him combined with the player simulation known as Sims yea...the Knicks team defense was terrible, so bad it took them from top of the league to bottom in only two weeks...that's pretty terrible.

I said he improved though...did you miss that? It's the pick and roll defense that has improved...he's always been good at the rim.

Isaiah closed a lot of games over Mitch, since Mitch is such a liability at the FT line and on offense in general. He wasn’t only playing against backups.

Lets also remember that Jericho was actually starting at first over Isaiah when Mitch went down, and Jericho was BRUTAL in that stretch against starters.

Maybe Isaiah needed a few weeks to get acclimated as a starter too. He never started before outside the odd game or two. Once he got comfortable and OG joined is when everything took off. Then his Achilles started flaring up and the defense got bad again. Now he’s healthy and we’ve holding teams to record low scores without OG.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#119 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:37 pm

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:sham out here getting cooked no diddy

you've said this before. why don't you try something new, like a salad.

i never said no diddy before. hate to see sham lash out on everyone here with lies. really sad.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,026

Post#120 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:37 pm

Reign23 wrote:Mitch is baaack. nice, 10 games is enough time to get his feet hurt before the playoffs.

Fixed

Return to New York Knicks