ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: REFS ON A 2 GAME WIN STREAK AGAINST KNICKS

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,579

Re: PG: REFS ON A 2 GAME WIN STREAK AGAINST KNICKS 

Post#101 » by robillionaire » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:04 am

BigShot Bojan wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

Sound the alarms Folksssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That could easily also be let’s take ownership for the loss or win and the injuries should not be of focus

Yeah, nothing burger comment
NiceLikeChrist
Senior
And1: 566

Post#102 » by NiceLikeChrist » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:05 am

KnicksGod wrote:
NiceLikeChrist wrote:time for a hail mary. lets start bogs and let him get into rhythm early and bring DDV off the bench

Umm no

Donte is not a star player but he’s playing well overall and has bounced back before

Bog is a disaster to the fourth power

Both he and Burks have delivered a double shot of non-relief — more like an injection of rabies

one of them seems much more comfortable coming off the bench than the other. and the defense won't be any worse. giddey got whatever he wanted against DDV all night long

let bogs start and get 30 mins maybe he's back to averaging 20 and maybe DDV has enough legs to play well for more than 3 games in a row
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 3,094

Post#103 » by GettinitDone » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:10 am

Deeeez Knicks wrote:I think we should still try to find a way to integrate Bogs in especially while we have so many injuries. The guy can hit some shots and score. He does make mistakes and can’t defend, but off the bench there should be ways to hide him. We just need some scoring and bodies to eat some minutes when Brunson is out.

Burks just looks awful. Guess if we have to play him he should stick to just spot up shooting

I'm a believer that Divo, and esp Bogs and Burks will only play consistently well when the team is fully healthy/ Randle and OG come back. Divo enjoys added offensive load but can only meet expectations 70% of the time, other 30% he's just simply not used to being that 40mpg, elite 40+ 3P% shooting 20ppg scorer yet cuz he'd been a role player his entire college and NBA career so far.

Bogs only enjoys being a nightly 20+ ppg scorer when there are no expectations to win like in Det, but when he's counted on on a winning team there's just pressure he can't live up to.

Agreed with Burks relegated to spot up shooting. Only have him create off dribble when other 4 guys can't create their own shots.

All these guys will only play well when they're not counted on in a large role in order for us to win, but in a lesser role.

RHODEY wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
RHODEY wrote:For us he would return to elite status. He'd allow Donte to feast from the bench and he wouldnt have McBride's height limitation

mikal hasn't played elite defense in years. this is wishful thinking. and he's been so bad in brooklyn that nets fans want to get rid of him. knicks need another playmaker/scorer. mikal aint that. he doesnt play defense like that anymore and he can't score/playmake at a high level. give me donovan mitchell instead.

He hasnt played it since playing for the Nets...but he can certainly return to form under Thibs. We do need a another playmaker but not one that will dilute Brunson by taking the ball out of his hands. Not one that will give up 4 inches to guys like SGA to drain game winners on....

We need a play maker to spell Brunson when he goes to the bench. Rokas Jokubaitis could fit the bill. Mikal fits the scoring bill because , and even in a down year he gives you 20ppgs. Great for a 3rd option.

Great, we could get Mikal on the cheap
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,557

Post#104 » by sol537 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:23 am

Miles, Mitch, and 1st for Mikal
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,832

Post#105 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:27 am

BigShot Bojan wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
BigShot Bojan wrote: give me Maxey!

philly would never trade him

Hypothetically what do you think the value difference is between Donovan and Maxey

One is most likely available this summer or at the least can make himself available by not committing to the Cavs and one isn't.

Doesn't really matter what their actual "values" are at that point tbh.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#106 » by KnicksGod » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:33 am

Hartenstein 5-7 at the line, better than Jalen

You can't lose a 12 point lead in the 4th though. I mean, you obv can and OKC tops, but I feel like with Thibs he def is slow on the sidelines

The surgery takes time to heal from so Randle waiting to heal or whatever, when there's no healing going on really, that's not how this injury works, is pointless

Plus he has trouble in the playoffs historically anyway, big trouble. They're caught in the middle here. I guess end of season surgery will still return him for training camp, but he's waited so long that Jalen is nearly cooked, and the team has lost momentum, a lot of it, and is tired as hell

So he's coming back for a playoffs that we won't be all that good in anyway, we won't be in good shape for it because he's been out so long ... doesn't make a lot of sense

Trading for Dumb & Dumber didn't help - in fact it hurt a lot. Thank God for McBride
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 924

Post#107 » by NY2k1 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:35 am

I would take this loss better if they at least won against the Spurs on Friday. Knicks are still in the 3rd/4th seed driver seat at least, though.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,557

Post#108 » by sol537 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:46 am

Maybe Randle and Bogs are routed to Minny for KAT this off season as Minny’s ownership looks to penny pinch…

Maybe Deuce and Mitch and a 1st is routed to the Nets for Mikal.

Maybe.
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 30,134

Post#109 » by HerSports85 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 3:48 am

Enzo954 wrote:OG will be back for the playoffs. Julius no shot IMO.

he's in a contact year and normally doesn't play if he's in pain. So I'll be very surprised if OG is back 1st round.
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,700

Post#110 » by knicksNOTslick » Mon Apr 1, 2024 4:24 am

HerSports85 wrote:

he's in a contact year and normally doesn't play if he's in pain. So I'll be very surprised if OG is back 1st round.

If OG wants that 40 million instead of 30, he's gonna have to show it in the playoffs. He's gonna play.
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 844

Post#111 » by KOA » Mon Apr 1, 2024 4:24 am

HerSports85 wrote:

He's been very injury proned his entire career. Not sure he gets the bag he wants if he calls it a season continuing that rhetoric
Kidknick!
Head Coach
And1: 1,805

Post#112 » by Kidknick! » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:18 am

Is OG this Knick fans generation of Antonio McDyess??
lloydj
Rookie
And1: 100

Post#113 » by lloydj » Mon Apr 1, 2024 5:26 am

I hope Thibs learn a lesson this game. Don’t leave Decue on an island with a Star Player who has 5 inch over him. Everybody knew SGA was going to shot that ball for the Win and Decue had no chance to stop him. OKC knew Jalen was going to take last shot for Knicks, so they sized him up with SGA. Size son!, beat the Knicks. 8-)
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,508

Post#114 » by BigShot Bojan » Mon Apr 1, 2024 6:29 am

lloydj wrote:I hope Thibs learn a lesson this game. Don’t leave Decue on an island with a Star Player who has 5 inch over him. Everybody knew SGA was going to shot that ball for the Win and Decue had no chance to stop him. OKC knew Jalen was going to take last shot for Knicks, so they sized him up with SGA. Size son!, beat the Knicks. 8-)

Everyone knew?! wtf sga had done nothing all game and Jalen was cooking all game
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,084

Post#115 » by knicks94 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 8:02 am

Is OG really a player that deserves the max? I would love to bring him back, but not for 35 or 40 plus million dollars.
Davis18
Pro Prospect
And1: 778

Post#116 » by Davis18 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 8:20 am

We are still in striking distance of 3rd seed.
We need to start winning games.
Donte & Bogy needs to step up until injured players return.
I bet NBA is really satisfied with last two games.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Post#117 » by stuporman » Mon Apr 1, 2024 9:00 am

Against the better teams, the playoff quality teams, the thing that is the Knicks biggest weakness is the non-Brunson minutes. Every combination of 5 players they try will not able to generate the type of offense consistently they will need in the playoffs.

Do they need another 'star' to make this cease to be a problem, or will a guy who simply can generate offense as a high impact role player off the bench for 15-20 mins a game be enough? I don't know, I guess it depends on who either of those hypothetical players are.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,786

Post#118 » by ScienceOfLosing » Mon Apr 1, 2024 9:44 am

duetta wrote:OG's elbow remains inflamed. Not good. And I have no idea what the Randle health situation comes down to.

We can't win in the playoffs without these two.

Randle is a rythem guy. Even if he came back now, I don’t think he’d really be in his flow come playoffs. Not close.
Not to mention his outside game depends on his driving inside and physicality. I think his physical game will all but be gone,
unless he can dribble with his right and use his healthy shooting shoulder to move people. I doubt it.

And will OG have his shot with his elbow soreness, not to mention defense? Ever try playing defense with a sore elbow?
We are looking like a 2nd round exit now, unfortunate as we have the team to go all the way.

And management is probably going star trade, so we might not see this team ever play, except for those few games of OG domination.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,217

Post#119 » by Reign23 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 9:47 am

incredible game tbh. those knicks are gritty af...
I love Hartenstein and Deuce so much.

OKC tho. I think it is maybe 1 year early for them and they struggle with physicality, but holy smokes I am happy that we aren't in the same conference as them going forward.
formerly known as knickst4pe
Kidknick!
Head Coach
And1: 1,805

Post#120 » by Kidknick! » Mon Apr 1, 2024 9:50 am

The minutes and production burden that the Villanova trio is having to carry is starting to show.

Can't fault guys for getting tired, when the subs (Bogdo and Burks) are hot garbage and Bogdo in particular looks like he can no longer move.

This trade has to be considered a pretty big failure on the F/O.

Return to New York Knicks