ImageImageImageImageImage

Pacers submit 78 calls...cite hostile environment

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,405

Re: Pacers submit 78 calls...cite hostile environment 

Post#101 » by Clyde_Style » Fri May 10, 2024 3:59 pm

Picture this.

You're a McKinsey consultant on their day off drinking a cinnamon mochachino and you get a text:

"The league office wants you analyze 78 complaints from the first two games of the Knicks-Pacers series. Give me your report by 5 pm"

because it's not like the replay guys at the NBA rewind video center spent the last two days analyzing every complaint. Nah, Silver passed it off to some patsy just to have a paper trail and then fined NoSac
ImageImageImage
Carl_Karlson
Head Coach
And1: 3,058

Post#102 » by Carl_Karlson » Fri May 10, 2024 4:29 pm

spree8 wrote:Man, the toughness our guys play with really brings out the bytch in these opponents huh?

WTF Post of 2017:

If Phil pulled that off, I would put a put a paper bag over my head, paste a picture of Jeannie on it, poke a hole through the mouth, and give Phil the best BJ he's ever had in his entire life.[/quote]
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,985

Post#103 » by Adelheid » Fri May 10, 2024 4:33 pm

rick fined for 35k
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,959

Post#104 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri May 10, 2024 5:08 pm

matchman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:That yelling man, i think, is human garbage (to use his favorite phrase).

Are Pacers playing great defense? No. They are looking to push pace and basically show on offense. Carlisle is one of the top coaches in the league so perhaps the players just need to execute? I mean sagging off of Josh Hart from 3 is probably a wise move, but how you address him making the prudent move of penetration rather than taking an open shot is a player-decision.

I think Carlisle is trying to Phil Jackson-style paint a narrative to get some favor with their home officiating. There is a near 0% chance NY is winning the game 3. Injuries are afoot (pun intended) and I expect cheap-shots on defense.

If anything, NoSac turned the refs, the league office and the rest of the country not eating corn dogs against the Pacers

This was not a crafty rejoinder that will rebalance the odds in their favor. It was a broad stroke FU to the NBA

My expectation now is that if it has any effect it will be to predispose the refs against Indy

Further, our narrative is winning hearts all over the world right now. Indy just put themselves into the role of whiny soft boys vs. the tough get it done guys. Nobody likes a whiner

If there is such a thing as anti-Knicks sentiment in the NBA league office or among the refs, the Knicks story catching fire now could shift that sentiment. The NBA is a jock riders administration to some extent and they want great narratives to promote the sport. The Knicks are currently that story

It was a coach who is out of tricks hence try to pull this small market card. It was out of desperation, it was an insult to the NBA as a ehole, especially it was more likely these small market teams winning champ in this decade.

Maybe Jim Carrey was delusional that Embiid got all the calls in game 3 after all those crying, they can have a taste on that too.

Not to mention he said Donte intentionally hurt Hali's back to ignore how physical TJ is bumping Jalen knowing he's back from injury. I can go on and on, but most importantly it is not the refs nor hostile MSG crowd let Pacer concdes 130 and 121 points to our depleted rosters.

I think he is trying to get an edge. We will see if it pays off with the crowd, with the refs. Might not need it if we are going to be down Mitch, Randle, OG.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#105 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri May 10, 2024 5:09 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
If anything, NoSac turned the refs, the league office and the rest of the country not eating corn dogs against the Pacers

This was not a crafty rejoinder that will rebalance the odds in their favor. It was a broad stroke FU to the NBA

My expectation now is that if it has any effect it will be to predispose the refs against Indy

Further, our narrative is winning hearts all over the world right now. Indy just put themselves into the role of whiny soft boys vs. the tough get it done guys. Nobody likes a whiner

If there is such a thing as anti-Knicks sentiment in the NBA league office or among the refs, the Knicks story catching fire now could shift that sentiment. The NBA is a jock riders administration to some extent and they want great narratives to promote the sport. The Knicks are currently that story

Hahn made an interesting point on his show yesterday. There was a "Hicks vs Knicks" thing during the 90's, and now this is Carlisle (who was there during that era) is trying to replay that narrative for the fans.

FWIW Phil Jackson used to use similar tactics to much success during his various championship runs, so it's not always a ref turn off.
Public seems to like us for now -- Josh Hart is such an interesting character because I can't think of any other player - perhaps John Salley - that was that blend of playful and intense.

I think strategic whining can rebalance ref calls for a game or two, but that's not what this is. The 78 complaints nailed to the church door was a broadside against every zebra on the planet. It will not be forgotten and in ways not favorable to NoSac and the CornDoggers

I would be shocked if every team doesn't send 30 plays a game to the league office to try to curry favor.
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#106 » by Clyde_Style » Fri May 10, 2024 5:12 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Hahn made an interesting point on his show yesterday. There was a "Hicks vs Knicks" thing during the 90's, and now this is Carlisle (who was there during that era) is trying to replay that narrative for the fans.

FWIW Phil Jackson used to use similar tactics to much success during his various championship runs, so it's not always a ref turn off.
Public seems to like us for now -- Josh Hart is such an interesting character because I can't think of any other player - perhaps John Salley - that was that blend of playful and intense.

I think strategic whining can rebalance ref calls for a game or two, but that's not what this is. The 78 complaints nailed to the church door was a broadside against every zebra on the planet. It will not be forgotten and in ways not favorable to NoSac and the CornDoggers

I would be shocked if every team doesn't send 30 plays a game to the league office to try to curry favor.

Not every front office is as stupid as the Pacers
ImageImageImage
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#107 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri May 10, 2024 5:19 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Pacers are in the 2nd round. That is a good season. I am going to enjoy beating them (as long as we don't have any more tough breaks). It's an accomplishment to beat them and go to the conference finals. No need to disparage them to prop ourselves. We have a tough, gritty, likable team. Media I think is puzzled because we don't have a 1A, we don't really have a 2nd best player. You don't really have to guard 1/2 of our team. Yet here we are.

Heat of recent were kind of like us, except even they had Jimmy and Bam as a 20 point threat.

If we get out of this round alive, we are basically the mid-major that could. Unlike the Pacers who have 3 star-level players in the starting 5 (Hali, Turner, Siakam).
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#108 » by Clyde_Style » Fri May 10, 2024 5:25 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

Pacers are in the 2nd round. That is a good season. I am going to enjoy beating them (as long as we don't have any more tough breaks). It's an accomplishment to beat them and go to the conference finals. No need to disparage them to prop ourselves. We have a tough, gritty, likable team. Media I think is puzzled because we don't have a 1A, we don't really have a 2nd best player. You don't really have to guard 1/2 of our team. Yet here we are.

Heat of recent were kind of like us, except even they had Jimmy and Bam as a 20 point threat.

If we get out of this round alive, we are basically the mid-major that could. Unlike the Pacers who have 3 star-level players in the starting 5 (Hali, Turner, Siakam).

I'm just flat out disagreeing with your original premise that their 78 complaints helped them

It was one of the dumbest moves in NBA history my friend
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#109 » by Clyde_Style » Fri May 10, 2024 5:28 pm

Put it this way:

The Pacers are the Boy Who Cried Wolf

you pick your spots and argue your points strategically if you want to get some satisfaction from the league and the refs

If you spam, then no one complaint is relevant any longer. 78 complaints is a non-specific blob of nothing and nobody will take you seriously the next time you lodge a complaint
ImageImageImage
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#110 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri May 10, 2024 5:33 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

I'm just flat out disagreeing with your original premise that their 78 complaints helped them

To Hahn's point - the play has already worked. Pacers fans are frothing at the mouth and the media is covering that as much as they are covering the real reasons the Pacers are not winning.

Malone did his own version of this after being embarrassed as well. Malone cost his team in-game (kinda) whereas Carlisle did it all off the court. Also he has been in the business enough that he has been the beneficiary and complainant of favoritism calls. Aside from Crawford vs Duncan and Foster vs Paul there are really no ref beefs.

Maybe I am wrong, but I have seen this sort of thing work to a coaches advantage many more times than to their detriment.
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,628

Post#111 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri May 10, 2024 5:36 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

Implying that the league instructs the refs to favor big markets over small markets is beyond logging missed calls. Announcing that he is sending 78 missed calls to the league, because they just logged 49 in the game that was over 5 minutes ago is as ridiculous as it gets. That's more than a missed/bad call every minute of the game! :lol:

It will not curry favor at all. Especially when you're playing a physical full court press for 48mpg acting like your guys aren't fouling every time up the court. It's ridiculous. I hope we survive this series with the tough was we have. Indiana is that soft.
:beer: RIP mags
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#112 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri May 10, 2024 5:39 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

Implying that the league instructs the refs to favor big markets over small markets is beyond logging missed calls. Announcing that he is sending 78 missed calls to the league, because they just logged 49 in the game that was over 5 minutes ago is as ridiculous as it gets. That's more than a missed/bad call every minute of the game! :lol:

It will not curry favor at all. Especially when you're playing a physical full court press for 48mpg acting like your guys aren't fouling every time up the court. It's ridiculous. I hope we survive this series with the tough was we have. Indiana is that soft.

I bet Thibs sent in a packet, quietly, of 50 times a Pacer was dry-humping Brunsons leg on an inbounds/in the back court.
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#113 » by Clyde_Style » Fri May 10, 2024 5:43 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

To Hahn's point - the play has already worked. Pacers fans are frothing at the mouth and the media is covering that as much as they are covering the real reasons the Pacers are not winning.

Malone did his own version of this after being embarrassed as well. Malone cost his team in-game (kinda) whereas Carlisle did it all off the court. Also he has been in the business enough that he has been the beneficiary and complainant of favoritism calls. Aside from Crawford vs Duncan and Foster vs Paul there are really no ref beefs.

Maybe I am wrong, but I have seen this sort of thing work to a coaches advantage many more times than to their detriment.

The league just fined them for their pathetic whining and you're still arguing a bad point. Public Relations would not be a good career path for you :lol:
ImageImageImage
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#114 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri May 10, 2024 5:56 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

The league just fined them for their pathetic whining and you're still arguing a bad point. Public Relations would not be a good career path for you :lol:

Gotta go by history.
https://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?sportCat=nba&page=hruby/100518_phil_jackson_officiating

Jackson is the GOAT coach, so if it's in his bag, it's in everyone's bag. Execution could be debatable though.
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,783

Post#115 » by ScienceOfLosing » Fri May 10, 2024 8:03 pm

Adelheid wrote:rick fined for 35k

They should have made it $78,787.878

Just to send a clear message.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,376

Post#116 » by F N 11 » Fri May 10, 2024 8:35 pm

They beyond soft. I would love nothing more than to snatch their hearts tonight.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,525

Post#117 » by blueNorange » Fri May 10, 2024 8:56 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:They lost to Brunson on one foot, og out, Mitch, Randle Bojan out and are blaming the refs. Soft.

turner the biggest guy out there and can’t rebound

they miss free throws

they play no defense

there’s been 8 quarters played and halibussy has only showed up for 2 of them
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,079

Post#118 » by MrDollarBills » Fri May 10, 2024 9:38 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:NBA is bordering on WWF stuff. With gambling, I think they should steer FAR, FAR, super clearly, clear of allllll that. Reggie showing up was WWF. Pacers filing a fake appeal that they know is going nowhere is WWF.

There're big differences among a bad call, some coaching advocacy/gamesmanship and pulling a bunch of collusive stunts.

Go down the WWF path and you'll never get it back. Just like our politics.

The league not punishing Embiid for blatantly trying to injure Robinson was more WWF garbage. They selectively choose who to enforce the rules against. This is the only pro sport that does this. Not NFL, not MLB, not NHL.

I honestly am disgusted with where the sport is headed. I used to like making casual wagers and parlays but I don't think this league is on the up and up, and now I want no parts.

Also, as someone on here pointed out: I feel really bad for gambling addicts who are recovering and get bombarded with this gambling stuff 24-7.

The NBA is already a dead sport walking

The long-term prognosis for the sport is grim if the current stakeholders stay on their current path.

I will support this team every step of the way this season because they are an inspiring bunch of MFers, but this season has burned up all of my faith in this remaining a legit sport. If I have to, I'd rather cling to my fondest memories of the Knicks than watch them become swallowed up by the gambling industry. Dolan probably has no problem with Adam Silver's agenda anyway

Yeah it's bad.

If you can't eject star players who commit violent fouls or try to injure people on purpose because someone's 8 leg parlay will get blown up, then you are beholden to gambling and it kills the integrity of the sport.

Basketball is just not the sport you want tied to the hip with gambling. Point shaving, compromised officials, there's so many things that can go wrong here where one individual can literally swing the outcome of a game, but Adam Silver does not care and it will be the league's undoing. But not yet though. That price tag NBC is about to pay for broadcast rights is too big.

The preceding message was sponsored by Draft Kings network. Got a gambling problem? Too damn bad, we can't help you with your illness. Don't tell your wife what happened to next month's mortgage payment
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,079

Post#119 » by MrDollarBills » Fri May 10, 2024 9:42 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

If the league cared about market size in determining outcomes, Joel Embiid would have been suspended for what he did to Mitch since NYC dwarfs Philly/South Jersey/Delaware
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,960

Post#120 » by RHODEY » Fri May 10, 2024 9:47 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
matchman wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

It was a coach who is out of tricks hence try to pull this small market card. It was out of desperation, it was an insult to the NBA as a ehole, especially it was more likely these small market teams winning champ in this decade.

Maybe Jim Carrey was delusional that Embiid got all the calls in game 3 after all those crying, they can have a taste on that too.

Not to mention he said Donte intentionally hurt Hali's back to ignore how physical TJ is bumping Jalen knowing he's back from injury. I can go on and on, but most importantly it is not the refs nor hostile MSG crowd let Pacer concdes 130 and 121 points to our depleted rosters.

I think he is trying to get an edge. We will see if it pays off with the crowd, with the refs. Might not need it if we are going to be down Mitch, Randle, OG.

As if us missing our #2, #3 (and best wing defender), Mitch , and Bogs and playing at home doesn't give him enough of an edge? I cant recall a time when a team as hobbled as we are was seen as such a scary boogieman.

Return to New York Knicks