ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,499

Re: Trades and Transactions Ideas Thread 

Post#1021 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon May 20, 2024 11:02 pm

Wildcat wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:I don't see much conversation regarding Mikal which is why I made the thread.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do we think it would take to pry Mikal away from the nets?

What would we have to give up realistically?

I don't think book is a realistic option, Greek would be way too expensive, don't want embiitch

Doubt Kuzma could handle NY or be a Thibs guy

Mikal would be a great fit especially w the nova connection... so would the Nets ever be a trading partner with us?

Where does he fit on this team? Donte is our 2-guard. OG is our SF. Randle is our PF. Does he have a role off the bench? Will he accept a role off the bench? Mikal had a let down season. My understanding was he was depressed or something akin to it. I'm afraid the Mikal boat has sailed.

Donte would come off the bench along with Josh

Again I have no idea what it would take to get Bridges. They'd prolly want Deuce which would suck... his defense and continued improved offense is a game changer on a contender off the bench

Maybe a 3 team trade sending Randle somewhere idk
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,882

Post#1022 » by Wildcat » Mon May 20, 2024 11:26 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:I don't see much conversation regarding Mikal which is why I made the thread.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think book is a realistic option, Greek would be way too expensive, don't want embiitch

Mikal would be a great fit especially w the nova connection... so would the Nets ever be a trading partner with us?

Where does he fit on this team? Donte is our 2-guard. OG is our SF. Randle is our PF. Does he have a role off the bench? Will he accept a role off the bench? Mikal had a let down season. My understanding was he was depressed or something akin to it. I'm afraid the Mikal boat has sailed.

Donte would come off the bench along with Josh

Again I have no idea what it would take to get Bridges. They'd prolly want Deuce which would suck... his defense and continued improved offense is a game changer on a contender off the bench

Maybe a 3 team trade sending Randle somewhere idk

I gotta say, what Donte did -- especially against the Pacers -- I'm putting him over Mikal and I'd be real tight if Donte came off the bench for Mikal. If he carries that into the regular season (the shooting, and not the PPG specifically), along with the smarter defense he showed most of the time, I don't know what else you could ask for from your 2-guard.

Contracts don't match, so it'd be Randle and Deuce or something like that, but I think it's great disservice to Randle to even suggest a deal that included him for Mikal -- be it a straight up deal or 3 team deal.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,895

Post#1023 » by Butch718 » Mon May 20, 2024 11:49 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Butch718 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Only inside the paint as a PF that can get rebounds and score but Mikal is better everywhere else. Better defender, by far obviously, and a better shooter, but we shouldn't be comparing the two who are both very different players that play different positions anyway.

I wouldn't want OG as our fulltime PF, i would want him at SF, playing some minutes at PF, with Mikal at SG and then we would just need to find a PF that could take 25 - 30 minutes a game there.

Um no. Randle is also a much better play maker, with a much better bag offensively. He can draw constant doubles and take pressure off Brunson, which Mikal cannot.

Bridges is an elite complimentary player. He is not an all nba talent like Randle.

Randle is not close to being my favorite player, but these takes are ridiculous.

Randle is also a horrible ball handler and for some reason thinks he's good at it and always losing the ball in games and at the worst times of games. What exactly is the definition of an all nba talent anyway?

Someone that’s made the second team twice?

Sure he gets careless with the ball at times. I dislike when he gets tunnel vision.

But only a biased hater would try to discredit his accomplishments and his abilities. Bridges is not a better facilitator or offensive player. It’s not even close.
ezmoney707
General Manager
And1: 2,979

Post#1024 » by ezmoney707 » Mon May 20, 2024 11:55 pm

Wildcat wrote:

Mikal would play the two and Donte can come off the bench as the sixth man, Mikal would also sure up our perimeter defense. It would be a no brainer from a roster construction standpoint, but knowing the Nets and Knicks not doing business it’s likely a long shot but one can hope
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,129

Post#1025 » by bleedblue3303 » Mon May 20, 2024 11:57 pm

Wildcat wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bill Simmons just reading RealGM posts.

I could see something like this happening
Randle to OKC
Bridges to NYC
Giddy Mcbride and a ton of daft picks to BK
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 6,054

Post#1026 » by Richard4444 » Tue May 21, 2024 12:00 am

seren wrote:We are at 145 with Bojan and OG (assuming he opts on). We keep both and extend OG (opt in and extend), iHart gets something around 14-15 million per (similar to Mitchel), Burks at 5 mil, and then get two first round picks for a total of 5 mil. That brings us to 170 million. Not sure how you fit in Precious before getting into tax territory. Better to stay out of tax for one more season if possible

I think it's virtually impossible to stay out of the tax this season even if OG opts in. It would be 160M on 10 players (Nova Boys, Randle, OG, Mitch, IHart, Deuce, Sims, Bojan). Luxury is going to be around 171M. We have 5 roster spots and only can afford 11M.

In this scenario, I would rather bring back Precious (maybe 5M), Burks (5M or less), and another useful player for 5M (tax MLE) to properly compete.

We can not call 3 or 4 cheerleaders who can not play only (they are living salary fillers contracts) to fulfill our bench.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,595

Post#1027 » by sol537 » Tue May 21, 2024 12:09 am

ezmoney707 wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

Mikal would play the two and Donte can come off the bench as the sixth man, Mikal would also sure up our perimeter defense. It would be a no brainer from a roster construction standpoint, but knowing the Nets and Knicks not doing business it’s likely a long shot but one can hope

I think DDV would accept a super 6th man role but if not then we could use Randle in the deal and have OG, Bridges, DDV and Brunson start together. Hart goes back to the bench where he’s best suited.
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,129

Post#1028 » by bleedblue3303 » Tue May 21, 2024 12:10 am

Wildcat wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

I could see something like this happening
Randle to OKC
Bridges to NYC
Giddy, BOgan and a ton of daft picks to BK
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,633

Post#1029 » by WargamesX » Tue May 21, 2024 12:15 am

Wildcat wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Just like Broussard and SAS we are the sources :lol:
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,252

Post#1030 » by Spree2Houston » Tue May 21, 2024 12:16 am

Look I love Milkal but you don’t trade a 2x All NBA 3x All Star player in Randle for a high end role player. That’s overpay. I would do Bojan and picks for Mikal. It would probably have to be a 3team deal.
ezmoney707
General Manager

Post#1031 » by ezmoney707 » Tue May 21, 2024 12:17 am

sol537 wrote:
ezmoney707 wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

I think DDV would accept a super 6th man role but if not then we could use Randle in the deal and have OG, Bridges, DDV and Brunson start together. Hart goes back to the bench where he’s best suited.

I think getting Bridges and moving Randle doesn’t move the needle, would it make us better team with injury riddle version yes but long term it’s not sustainable would need Randle or someone his level for it to all work.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,633

Post#1032 » by WargamesX » Tue May 21, 2024 12:18 am

Spree2Houston wrote:Look I love Milkal but you don’t trade a 2x All NBA 3x All star player in Randle for a high end role player. That’s overpay. I would do Bojan and picks for Mikal. It would probably have to be a 3team deal.

They might just do it because they need draft picks for a Donovan Mitchell offer. It
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Wildcat
RealGM

Post#1033 » by Wildcat » Tue May 21, 2024 12:40 am

ezmoney707 wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

That doesn't a lick of sense. A lineup of I-Hart, Josh, OG, Mikal, and JB is Mitch, Randle, RJ, Grimes, and JB 2.0. Josh as a starter is not substantiable. He's your super 6th man. DDV deserves better than demoting him to the bench for Bridges. Randle's name shouldn't even come up in a Mikal trade.
ezmoney707
General Manager

Post#1034 » by ezmoney707 » Tue May 21, 2024 12:45 am

Wildcat wrote:
ezmoney707 wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

That doesn't a lick of sense. A lineup of I-Hart, Josh, OG, Mikal, and JB is Mitch, Randle, RJ, Grimes, and JB 2.0. Josh as a starter is not substantiable. He's your super 6th man. DDV deserves better than demoting him to the bench for Bridges. Randle's name shouldn't even come up in a Mikal trade.

Where did I mention trading Mikal for Randle????
Wildcat
RealGM

Post#1035 » by Wildcat » Tue May 21, 2024 12:49 am

ezmoney707 wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
ezmoney707 wrote:

It's logically the only feasible trade. Robinson/Deuce or Bog isn't getting a Bridges trade done.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,566

Post#1036 » by newyorker4ever » Tue May 21, 2024 12:52 am

Butch718 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Butch718 wrote:
Um no. Randle is also a much better play maker, with a much better bag offensively. He can draw constant doubles and take pressure off Brunson, which Mikal cannot.

Bridges is an elite complimentary player. He is not an all nba talent like Randle.

Randle is not close to being my favorite player, but these takes are ridiculous.

Randle is also a horrible ball handler and for some reason thinks he's good at it and always losing the ball in games and at the worst times of games. What exactly is the definition of an all nba talent anyway?

Someone that’s made the second team twice?

Sure he gets careless with the ball at times. I dislike when he gets tunnel vision.

But only a biased hater would try to discredit his accomplishments and his abilities. Bridges is not a better facilitator or offensive player. It’s not even close.

Not sure if you're implying i'm a biased hater or not but everything i said is true and haven't ever said Randle isn't a really good player, just speaking truth about how many bad things come from him and haven't even hit on the issues he's had with his incidents he's had with teammates and with trainers.

I'm actually okay with running it back but sure would love to find a way to get Mikal on this team. I put a high value on the defense which obviously Randle lacks in.
ezmoney707
General Manager

Post#1037 » by ezmoney707 » Tue May 21, 2024 12:53 am

Wildcat wrote:
ezmoney707 wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

It's logically the only feasible trade. Robinson/Deuce or Bog isn't getting a Bridges trade done.

Randle for Mikal is an overpay for a player for player perspective considering Randle is the better player and Mikal is come off a down year, either of those packages are fine you just may have to overpay slightly when it comes to picks and I’m okay with that if you still have Randle and a couple first in your back pocket if need be to improve the team.
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#1038 » by newyorker4ever » Tue May 21, 2024 1:06 am

ezmoney707 wrote:
sol537 wrote:
ezmoney707 wrote:Mikal would play the two and Donte can come off the bench as the sixth man, Mikal would also sure up our perimeter defense. It would be a no brainer from a roster construction standpoint, but knowing the Nets and Knicks not doing business it’s likely a long shot but one can hope

I think getting Bridges and moving Randle doesn’t move the needle, would it make us better team with injury riddle version yes but long term it’s not sustainable would need Randle or someone his level for it to all work.

Yeah we would definitely need to find a big body that can play the 4 for us.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,644

Post#1039 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 21, 2024 1:11 am

Just keep Randle. We were 12-2 with him and OG in the lineup.
Free Palestine
newyorker4ever
RealGM

Post#1040 » by newyorker4ever » Tue May 21, 2024 1:12 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Just keep Randle. We were 12-2 with him and OG in the lineup.

Pretty damn sure this is what will happen anyway but it's a long offseason for speculation. 8-) 8-)

Return to New York Knicks