ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Announcement on page 85)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,650

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Playoff picture on page 56) 

Post#1161 » by El Poochio » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:41 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:with the last win on the road vs DEN San Antonio has clinched the #1 seed and HC throughout the playoffs.

Its playoff time...time to defend our titles

Time to rest?

I've given it some thought...however I didn't rest players the last two years even after clinching. Now I was playing for 70+ wins those years and the beating 73 wins record. I can't get to that mark this year but for some reason I just might play it out since I'm a creature of habit and too much off time could hurt the squad.

Obviously I run the risk of injury...but it is what it is.

Good, need some losses to avoid playing Mavs first round (who owned us this year) and you next round

B: D. Banton | J. Carter
B: K. Oubre | A. Burks
B: D. Jones Jr
B: Z. Williamson | K. Lofton Jr
B: K. Porzingis | D. Powell
El Poochio

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 7) Discussion thread continued (Playoff picture on page 56) 

Post#1162 » by El Poochio » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:46 pm

HerSports85 wrote:time to start playing with playoff lineups.

Good idea, wanted to unleash some death lineups but probably better to try it out first before doing it for the first time during playoffs

bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,674

Post#1163 » by bishnykfan » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:30 am

We have less than two weeks left in the regular season. Over the past couple of weeks I have received PM's from multiple GM's asking me to talk about this thread and what is being posted in here. I have stayed away but with the playoffs coming up I will mention the concerns that some people have had.

The number of posts that are just tweets or youtube clips has overwhelmed the thread. GMs who may just want to talk BaF are having a hard time discussing the league and a few have said that they don't even look in the thread anymore because it has turned into just videos of individual players.

I do know that I have problems loading the thread on my phone. Not sure if the number of videos is the reason but this thread seems to be the only one this happens to.

As we approach the playoffs, please limit the number of videos (youtube/twitter) and try to keep this thread for league discussion.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 15,115

Post#1164 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:45 am

Aww man, I kinda liked the videos - feels like it brings up new convo in the thread.

Also my man Jonathan Isaac is a studdddd
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,245

Post#1165 » by TerrenceClarke » Thu Apr 4, 2024 9:06 am

Cracking Jokes is one thing but y’all done went and complained to the commissioner in the PMs?

I’m just gonna keep a buck. Yall could have addressed that in the open and be direct. I don’t think it was that deep to be telling the commish to step in.

To each is own. But me personally I just don’t see how tweets/videos would have stopped you from talking about what you want to talk about.

A simple suggestion could have been put a spoiler on it.

Yall wilding.
Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,617

Post#1166 » by Context » Thu Apr 4, 2024 12:58 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:Cracking Jokes is one thing but y’all done went and complained to the commissioner in the PMs?

I’m just gonna keep a buck. Yall could have addressed that in the open and be direct. I don’t think it was that deep to be telling the commish to step in.

To each is own. But me personally I just don’t see how tweets/videos would have stopped you from talking about what you want to talk about.

A simple suggestion could have been put a spoiler on it.

Yall wilding.

Couldn't have said it better...
I have no issue using a spoiler. What's crazy is I've been a part of Baf/Bat since 2012- thats 12 years. Posting and talking about your
player/s has always been part of the culture.
This season - before I started to post a lot of tweets and images/videos I would check in on the Knick page. The BAF main thread was falling to the very bottom of the page. So I said to myself I'll try to post daily if my players have a good game etc...
TC, I appreciate you saying something as well as the OKC GM...I thought keeping the thread active was fun and a good thing..

As far as complaining to Bish...I guess some people dont realize that BAF is like a second job for BIsh and it takes him away
from his family...It's like you said TC why not just be direct, polite and simply say --can you please use spoilers because its hard to
load the real gm page. I'm assuming that's the real issue. whoever told BIsh it stops them from having a discussion.
Discuss...is talking about the players in this league no longer "on topic" in this thread?

Regardless, as I've told Bish several times over the years just let me know what the rules are and I will follow them because
I co-commissioned the very first BAT 6 (with Moocow) that I joined because thats the type of person that I am- I always jump in and help/assist...
I commissioned Bat 7 and 8 with no help... And even though I was staying up every night till 2am updating things (only to have to get up at 6am the next day)- that work-- was a fraction of the work that Bish has done in this league for going on 8 seasons-so I'm here to make Bish's job easier...

Bish, whenever you see this just pm me and let me know how many tweets are ok and if it was just a spoiler issue...Like I always told you - I'm here to work with you...

Thanks again OKC and Memphis for speaking up- I was trying to bring some life to the thread 8-)
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,838

Post#1167 » by DOT » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:54 pm

lol who went and called the principal?
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,360

Post#1168 » by NewEra » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:20 pm

This thread has been glitchy and sucks to load lately. I assume the tweets didn't help, so until RealGM can fix the issue it's a good idea to limit or better yet place them in a spoiler to enhance the experience of interacting here. With that said, we gotta practice being direct with each other instead of running to Bish all the time bredren.
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,832

Post#1169 » by mpharris36 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:41 pm

I think having most of the posts in this thread about IRL (tweets or videos) and not about the our actual game isnt' ideal for sparking convo. But I also don't take offense for people promoting there players. Like TC said I don't think that necessarily stops someone else posting about how there team is doing our game. I don't use my phone too much to post so I can't comment on the slow load time and the videos don't effect me personally, but hearing Bish it at least seems to be an issue for some.

But I do agree with the above people that it could just have been mentioned in this thread instead of going to Bish. I don't think anyone would take offense to it, especially if it was because it was causing people to not access the thread because of load time. I know TC said it as a funny and for the people that don't post videos might see it as a bit much LOL. But as I see it....the more activity in the thread is never a bad thing, people just have to talk more about the game. Maybe its just a spoiler issue so that all those tweets/videos don't have to pop up for the phone users.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 30,138

Post#1170 » by HerSports85 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 6:26 pm

BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,145

Post#1171 » by SOUL » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:58 pm

Beat the snitch! Beat the snitch!

I get it though. But I was guilty of posting mad vids too lol.. I think a lot of us just did it when the thread was inactive in a bit during the middle of the season. It probably got overwhelming but yeah probably spoilering it is better if we wanna do that.. I know how many Naz Reid vids I been wanting to post :lol:
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,145

Post#1172 » by SOUL » Thu Apr 4, 2024 8:59 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:Aww man, I kinda liked the videos - feels like it brings up new convo in the thread.

Also my man Jonathan Isaac is a studdddd

Suddenly my quest to get him during the offseason may hit a snag...
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,430

Post#1173 » by Capn'O » Thu Apr 4, 2024 9:07 pm

So what we're saying here is a simple beef could have solved everything?
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,674

Post#1174 » by bishnykfan » Thu Apr 4, 2024 9:27 pm

Just to clarify, I wouldn't say anyone snitched exactly, lol. It was just brought up a couple of times in conversation. I delayed saying anything because I don't want to police this thread. I did notice that it won't load on my phone though so with the playoffs coming up soon, I finally figured I would mention it.

I am not saying that people can not post videos. If putting them into spoilers helps clean up the page, lets start with that.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
El Poochio

Post#1175 » by El Poochio » Thu Apr 4, 2024 10:15 pm

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Context
RealGM

Post#1176 » by Context » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:37 pm

Thread dropping to the bottom again...

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

^Love this coach...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,042

Post#1177 » by bringbackhoffa » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:02 am

Tonight's game decides whether I bench the roster prior to the playoffs or go for the number 1 seed

Sent from my SM-G990W using RealGM Forums mobile app
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
ribs
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,765

Post#1178 » by ribs » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:24 am

Guess I'll start scouting late 1st round prospects. :cry:
ATL
Jamal Murray / Mike Conley / Dyson Daniels
Jordan Clarkson / Christian Braun
Rui Hachimura / Pat Connaughton / Brice Sensabaugh
Pascal Siakam / Isaiah Jackson / Reggie Bullock
Myles Turner / JaVale McGee / Cody Zeller
Context
RealGM

Post#1179 » by Context » Sat Apr 6, 2024 2:36 am

Talk to me in the offseason :wink:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,832

Post#1180 » by mpharris36 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:14 am

GG pooch

Zion dominated Jokic and fouled him out in 14 mins. Destroyed him!
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ

Return to New York Knicks