ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official NY Jets Thread.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Re: The Official NY Jets Thread. 

Post#121 » by moocow007 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:28 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
8516knicks wrote:Jets should have gone with Jimmy G and used all that money they'll pay Rodgers to build an OL and LBs/safeties.

There's no point in having a good QB if you don't have an OL to protect him.

Exactly. Giants should of won another ring around Eli. If u don't have the protection it doesn't matter who u have even if he's a mobile QB. Only heightens the risk of injury for the most important position on the team.

2011 was the exception where the OL was dog **** but Eli was incredible that year

Not saying the Jets shouldn't get Rodgers but how long is this rental for? The guy has one foot out the door already. It's a **** situation but for a year maybe or 2 if his heads still in it should be a promising season

I think it's a 2 year window is what it is. But it may make more sense for that still rather than looking for an alternative. Record aside you can probably argue that this team is closer to being legit than their record says and equally easy to argue that the biggest difference maker to get then legit is a real starting QB. Rodgers, even at 39, is still better than man of the starting QBs in the league for win now. He's definitely the best in terms of the guys that are realistically available (Derek Carr is not Aaron Rodgers even if he's younger and would have cost no compensation). As it is I don't think there is any real alternatives to Rodgers.

Now if the Jets were not as far along as they seem to feel then I'd say maybe the better approach is to look to draft a franchise QB. But my guess is that since the Jets have already whiffed twice (pretty much back to back on that) that they don't have the stomach to try it a 3rd time. There are a LOT of real good looking QB's in this draft that could turn into franchise guys. But again, they've been horribly wrong with D'Arnold and Zach Wilson so whomever is their scout when it comes to QB's probably should not be trusted at all.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,627

Post#122 » by Fat Kat » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:57 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Starksfor3yes
Freshman
And1: 54

Post#123 » by Starksfor3yes » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:10 pm

Hardman replaces Berrios. Moore showed that he was a diva this past season, guess one of those seconds will be for Rodgers. OBJ waiting in the wings?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,579

Post#124 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:56 pm

Starksfor3yes wrote:Hardman replaces Berrios. Moore showed that he was a diva this past season, guess one of those seconds will be for Rodgers. OBJ waiting in the wings?

Moore complained about not getting any passes from MAGA boy QB. He was right. When Mike White replaced MB at QB, he immediately spread the ball around and got everyone - including Moore - involved.
Free Palestine
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#125 » by moocow007 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:13 pm

Starksfor3yes wrote:Hardman replaces Berrios. Moore showed that he was a diva this past season, guess one of those seconds will be for Rodgers. OBJ waiting in the wings?

Starksfor3yes
Freshman

Post#126 » by Starksfor3yes » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:13 pm

Read on Twitter

And they just resigned Ty Johnson for one more year so if there's any legs to this that means Breece is definitely not ready for the beginning of the season.
Starksfor3yes
Freshman

Post#127 » by Starksfor3yes » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:22 pm

Regarding Moore, he dug up his own grave with the timing of his comments during a winning streak. Jets will build around Garrett.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,444

Post#128 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:28 am

I don't get why they needed the 42 and 43 pick unless they plan to use both to make the Rodgers trade work.

A 2nd rounder and a future conditional pick should be enough, so why do they need 2 2nd rounders, unless GB is asking for a first and a second and the Jets are countering with 2 seconds. It feels high to me, but nothing matters until the trade is done.

Moore was probably worth his contract this year, but maybe they felt they didn't need him. I don't know. gotta wait and see how it plays out.

Thie game of chicken with Greenbay is driving me nuts though. It's ridiculous.
Now it's all about the off-season for my Knicks. (and rooting for Boston to crush Indiana).
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,627

Post#129 » by Fat Kat » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:40 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#130 » by moocow007 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:14 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:I don't get why they needed the 42 and 43 pick unless they plan to use both to make the Rodgers trade work.

A 2nd rounder and a future conditional pick should be enough, so why do they need 2 2nd rounders, unless GB is asking for a first and a second and the Jets are countering with 2 seconds. It feels high to me, but nothing matters until the trade is done.

Moore was probably worth his contract this year, but maybe they felt they didn't need him. I don't know. gotta wait and see how it plays out.

I think that's what they got those picks for. The value of picks that are back to back early in the draft is very high.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#131 » by moocow007 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:15 pm

Starksfor3yes wrote:
Read on Twitter

And they just resigned Ty Johnson for one more year so if there's any legs to this that means Breece is definitely not ready for the beginning of the season.

Probably. I wasn't expecting Hall to be ready as it is.
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 5,011

Post#132 » by 8516knicks » Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:14 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Luv those Knicks wrote:I don't get why they needed the 42 and 43 pick unless they plan to use both to make the Rodgers trade work.

I think that's what they got those picks for. The value of picks that are back to back early in the draft is very high.

Reason for the 2nd round two pick is probab!y there's a guy they want (ol?) But the pack is insisting on a 2nd THIS year at minimum along with a conditional escalating 3rd to first (if superbowl) next year. So one 2nd to keep and one to trade to Pack. Must be afraid their target would be gone if they had to wait a round to get him.
Starksfor3yes
Freshman

Post#133 » by Starksfor3yes » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:35 pm

8516knicks wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Reason for the 2nd round two pick is probab!y there's a guy they want (ol?) But the pack is insisting on a 2nd THIS year at minimum along with a conditional escalating 3rd to first (if superbowl) next year. So one 2nd to keep and one to trade to Pack. Must be afraid their target would be gone if they had to wait a round to get him.

The rumor is they want JMS the center but he might go in the 20s, so they might trade down from 13. From what I am reading the draft best value is the second round, only 10 players worth a 1st round grade.
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#134 » by Luv those Knicks » Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:45 pm

A fun bit of news, now that the Sacramento Kings have clinched playoffs, though it was very likely for some time, now it's official.

The Jets are the official owners of the most number of years without seeing the playoffs with 12 among the major sports, which I assume includes hockey, but doesn't include leagues in other nations.
Now it's all about the off-season for my Knicks. (and rooting for Boston to crush Indiana).
thisiskoz
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#135 » by thisiskoz » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:01 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:A fun bit of news, now that the Sacramento Kings have clinched playoffs, though it was very likely for some time, now it's official.

The Jets are the official owners of the most number of years without seeing the playoffs with 12 among the major sports, which I assume includes hockey, but doesn't include leagues in other nations.
It includes hockey. I believe I saw that if the Buffalo Sabres don't make the playoffs this year, which looks unlikely, they'll be tied with the Jets.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,498

Post#136 » by KnixtapeH20 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:44 pm

moocow007 wrote:

Not gona lie that looks dope
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,978

Post#137 » by Manhattan Project » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:21 pm

I don't even know what our offense would look like if we actually landed OBJ. I'm all aboard the let Garrett Wilson ascend into superstardom, but man we'd be hard to stop on paper. The one year with Fitzpartrick/Decker/Marshall was awesome, but we could actually sport an offense that belongs in the modern age.

Now that the initial first wave of free agency is behind us, draft coming up and the Rodgers saga playing out, I hope we've been talking to Williams to lock him up before we wait to late and have to make him the second highest paid DT.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Starksfor3yes
Freshman

Post#138 » by Starksfor3yes » Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:16 pm

So OBJ to Baltimore, knew he was trying to use the Jets to drive up his price. Is the Rodgers deal going to be announced when Jets are on the clock?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,579

Post#139 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:49 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:A fun bit of news, now that the Sacramento Kings have clinched playoffs, though it was very likely for some time, now it's official.

Any QB news?
Free Palestine
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#140 » by Luv those Knicks » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:19 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

Any QB news?

Only that the standoff is still a standoff. Somebody suggested that the Packers might just pay Rodgers and not play him, which seems dumb to me, but they seem determined to delay this trade as long as possible if they don't get the Jets first round pick.

Return to New York Knicks