ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks beat Nets-4/12/24; Cam mad!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,970

Re: PG: Knicks beat Nets-4/12/24; Cam mad! 

Post#121 » by RHODEY » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:04 am

NiceLikeChrist wrote:Anyone but Miami man I can’t take more injuries. Just give us a fair fight in a series.

I want Miami. We need to send them packing.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,881

Post#122 » by Butch718 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:11 am

**** that.

If this team is as physical and as good as we think they are, bring Miami on. Need to match Bam’s energy in particular, and give them a taste of their own medicine. If we can’t do that, then we aren’t the team we think we are.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,508

Post#123 » by BigShot Bojan » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:11 am

oldshoolballer wrote:
Context wrote:
Read on Twitter

Cam don't want no part of OG. OG would clean his clock. I'd put money on it.

Im sold on anunoby…Max him
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Post#124 » by stuporman » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:09 am

Are we really gonna act like OG 'sticking up' for Brunson wasn't actually the most polite British inquiry ever to have taken place on an NBA court? He doesn't strike me as a football hooligan or anything.

Even with Mitch looming over that whole group which he could have wrecked on his own if he wasn't as much of a goofball it wasn't a particularly intimidating display, it felt mostly perfunctory so to speak.

I'm just calling it as I see it.

Oh and I think they would tell us that Miami and Philadelphia is out of the New York minutes police's jurisdiction...besides they are hot on the trail of NY's public enemy no1...the notorious Thibster.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,707

Post#125 » by rajajackal » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:13 am

stuporman wrote:Are we really gonna act like OG 'sticking up' for Brunson wasn't actually the most polite British inquiry ever to have taken place on an NBA court? He doesn't strike me as a football hooligan or anything.

Even with Mitch looming over that whole group which he could have wrecked on his own if he wasn't too much of a goofball it wasn't a particularly intimidating display, it felt mostly perfunctory so to speak.

i don't think anyone's acting like og went feral. just good to see that despite being cold blooded and poker faced he'll also address line steppers for his teammates. sort of inaugurated him as a 'real' knick
Guano
RealGM
And1: 43,017

Post#126 » by Guano » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:36 am

aggo wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46

why would knicks fans give af about the mins of other players

and using embiid isn't exactly a great litmus test especially considering he tweaked his knee and said knee is being held together by shreds

disclaimer: i'm not interested in debating stupid topics like mins because it's absurd to think over using something doesn't cause wear. you have to be blessed with an ignorance that makes it easy to enjoy the horror of our bleak existence to think otherwise. or you just like to bait because of life is meaningless and you find joy in fcking with people and in that case carry on.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 43,017

Post#127 » by Guano » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:41 am

rajajackal wrote:
stuporman wrote:Are we really gonna act like OG 'sticking up' for Brunson wasn't actually the most polite British inquiry ever to have taken place on an NBA court? He doesn't strike me as a football hooligan or anything.

Even with Mitch looming over that whole group which he could have wrecked on his own if he wasn't too much of a goofball it wasn't a particularly intimidating display, it felt mostly perfunctory so to speak.

i don't think anyone's acting like og went feral. just good to see that despite being cold blooded and poker faced he'll also address line steppers for his teammates. sort of inaugurated him as a 'real' knick

only knicks fans will debate the level of crazy needed while having a teammates back.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,537

Post#128 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:14 am

It’s amazing that we’re close to 50 wins with all of the injuries we had.
Free Palestine
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,366

Post#129 » by matchman » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:43 am

My body is ready for the playoffs.
Are you fans of the team or the player?
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,707

Post#130 » by rajajackal » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:33 am

fun note: since i've been in the philippines for the last 3 weeks, my timezone has been 12 hours ahead of new york. so morning knicks games have essentially set the tone for my day. thank god for this win streak :lol:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,537

Post#131 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:59 am

rajajackal wrote:fun note: since i've been in the philippines for the last 3 weeks, my timezone has been 12 hours ahead of new york. so morning knicks games have essentially set the tone for my day. thank god for this win streak :lol:

Vacation? How is it there?
Free Palestine
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,126

Post#132 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:27 am

knicks94 wrote:I will say it again: The Nets are a garbage poverty franchise.

Yes they are. Next we will be watching our Yankees lay the Guardians down this afternoon. :)

I've never liked Cam Thomas. The kid sucked his own dick for years thinking he was hot stuff because he can score but do little else. I wasn't surprised to see him behave like that. I'm glad OG punked him and he showed exactly what he is: a bitch.

OG is my kinda guy. He saw his teammate get hit, and instead of standing by and doing nothing, he immediately becomes an enforcer and puts the little boy in his place. As an old school hoops lover from the early 90s, that warmed the soul. These Knicks embody everything you want to see from a basketball team: hard work, fun play, team work, humility, and togetherness. An attack on one is an attack on all. I can tell you, I've never seen that kind of stuff from that piece of sh*t franchise on Atlantic and Flatbush. I won't go into detail, but Cam Thomas is the perfect face for that franchise: selfish, undisciplined, cowardly, and straight up bitchassness.

To the entire Knicks forum:

I've been grateful for this community for allowing me to become a part of it and giving me a space to air out my grief as someone who should have never supported that trash franchise once they were ripped out of my home state and spit in my face. I've laid out my anger ad nauseum on here it has helped me to let go and I appreciate all of you for your grace. This board has helped me get through some difficult IRL days the last several months. Anytime I need to get away from stuff I can always log in here and I end up leaving either laughing my ass off from guys like melo, guano and sham calling each other fat or just in a better mood from the good conversation about any and everything. Also, BaF is fun as hell and I look forward to trying to build a contender one day. Maybe lol.

Last night was cathartic for me. It felt so good to see Brunson, OG and the boys, in a game where they could have easily folded because of exhaustion, say "F*ck that. We fight!!!" and come roaring back from 17 down to those bums and end their season in glorious fashion. Mitchell Robinson with the discipline to calm down and hit his FTs. That was the kinda stuff you wanna see.

I'm proud to support these NY Knicks. The Nova Boys, OG, etc are my kind of people. The community here, if you allow me to be a nerd like yall always do, to steal a quote from The Last of Us, Part 2:

"You're my people".

I love yall. For real. Thank you.

Onward to the playoffs. There's work to be done. Teams to stomp. Jerseys to sell. Parlays to destroy.

Brunson is the MVP. We know it. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#133 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:33 am

rajajackal wrote:fun note: since i've been in the philippines for the last 3 weeks, my timezone has been 12 hours ahead of new york. so morning knicks games have essentially set the tone for my day. thank god for this win streak :lol:

I've got some good peoples that live out in the Phillipines or are Filipino. Love those folks. How's the weather been?

Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,211

Post#134 » by Reign23 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:33 am

I expected a blowout and decided to watch other games. seems like I was wrong :lol:
formerly known as knickst4pe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#135 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:37 am

Even with Mitch looming over that whole group which he could have wrecked on his own if he wasn't as much of a goofball it wasn't a particularly intimidating display, it felt mostly perfunctory so to speak.

Oh and I think they would tell us that Miami and Philadelphia is out of the New York minutes police's jurisdiction...besides they are hot on the trail of NY's public enemy no1...the notorious Thibster.

I can only speak for myself but OG did what I'd want any teammate do: he had his brother's back.

He didn't need to punch anyone. He just needed to get in dude's face and let him know that he was being unprofessional and he needs to watch it.

The message was sent, as Cam ran off the court in shame.

That's all that really needs to be done because we know outside of a select few these NBA dudes do NOT want to fight. At all. He handled it as perfectly as you want to see.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#136 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:38 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:It’s amazing that we’re close to 50 wins with all of the injuries we had.

All credit goes to Thibs and the culture established by the leaders of this team. These guys are always prepared to play no matter who is there.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#137 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:39 am

RHODEY wrote:
NiceLikeChrist wrote:Anyone but Miami man I can’t take more injuries. Just give us a fair fight in a series.

I want Miami. We need to send them packing.

I don't see a reason why this team should be scared to play anyone.

duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,860

Post#138 » by duetta » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:40 am

mpharris36 wrote:Start prepping for Embiid. Thats the likely matchup...unless we throw the game vs CHI.

That's what I'm afraid of.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#139 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:55 am

duetta wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:Start prepping for Embiid. Thats the likely matchup...unless we throw the game vs CHI.

That's what I'm afraid of.

IHart and Mitch are ready.

Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,848

Post#140 » by Gravy » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:08 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
knicks94 wrote:I will say it again: The Nets are a garbage poverty franchise.

Yes they are. Next we will be watching our Yankees lay the Guardians down this afternoon. :)

I've never liked Cam Thomas. The kid sucked his own dick for years thinking he was hot stuff because he can score but do little else. I wasn't surprised to see him behave like that. I'm glad OG punked him and he showed exactly what he is: a bitch.

OG is my kinda guy. He saw his teammate get hit, and instead of standing by and doing nothing, he immediately becomes an enforcer and puts the little boy in his place. As an old school hoops lover from the early 90s, that warmed the soul. These Knicks embody everything you want to see from a basketball team: hard work, fun play, team work, humility, and togetherness. An attack on one is an attack on all. I can tell you, I've never seen that kind of stuff from that piece of sh*t franchise on Atlantic and Flatbush. I won't go into detail, but Cam Thomas is the perfect face for that franchise: selfish, undisciplined, cowardly, and straight up bitchassness.

To the entire Knicks forum:

I've been grateful for this community for allowing me to become a part of it and giving me a space to air out my grief as someone who should have never supported that trash franchise once they were ripped out of my home state and spit in my face. I've laid out my anger ad nauseum on here it has helped me to let go and I appreciate all of you for your grace. This board has helped me get through some difficult IRL days the last several months. Anytime I need to get away from stuff I can always log in here and I end up leaving either laughing my ass off from guys like melo, guano and sham calling each other fat or just in a better mood from the good conversation about any and everything. Also, BaF is fun as hell and I look forward to trying to build a contender one day. Maybe lol.

Last night was cathartic for me. It felt so good to see Brunson, OG and the boys, in a game where they could have easily folded because of exhaustion, say "F*ck that. We fight!!!" and come roaring back from 17 down to those bums and end their season in glorious fashion. Mitchell Robinson with the discipline to calm down and hit his FTs. That was the kinda stuff you wanna see.

I'm proud to support these NY Knicks. The Nova Boys, OG, etc are my kind of people. The community here, if you allow me to be a nerd like yall always do, to steal a quote from The Last of Us, Part 2:

"You're my people".

I love yall. For real. Thank you.

Onward to the playoffs. There's work to be done. Teams to stomp. Jerseys to sell. Parlays to destroy.

Brunson is the MVP. We know it. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Knicks - Nets will always be the Mrdollarbills bowl, as someone here said.

Return to New York Knicks