ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,510

Re: OT: Crypto, Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate, Investments, IRAs & Finances, etc. 

Post#1221 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:44 am

br7knicks wrote:

fed may pivot in june? maybe i was wrong about things getting bad.

The labor market is what is really putting pressure on the Fed to stop raising rates. Folks are going to start losing jobs. It's already starting. All that guy talked about is how a rate increase will effect the banks and the stock market.
Free Palestine
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,783

Post#1222 » by ScienceOfLosing » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:25 pm

Good time to get Crypto. FED system in a panic and not looking good. Reserve requirements are 0% here in USA and 1% in EU, lol. What a mess.

NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,077

Post#1223 » by NYKinMIA » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:54 pm

so it appears that the BTC absolute, nut-low bottom was put in 11/21/2022
I believe there will be 1-3 more good buying opportunities (corrections/pullbacks) before the halving. this bull cycle might just be the craziest yet with all the world's largest financial institutions lining up to play.

I'm not saying it just yet, but when the time comes, I'll be back again to say it 8-)

for your viewing pleasure. I won't be answering any questions btw. enjoy
FUQGARYGENSLER

Read on Twitter

one

holy crap! I have impeccable timing. moments after I hit submit on this post, the XRP judgement came in!
NOT A SECURITY!
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 10,244

Post#1224 » by Stannis » Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:11 am

I've mostly been in the blue chips, ChargePoint and SentinelOne

As far as Crypto, I sold all my coins. I just didn't think the risk-reward was worth it anymore plus the annoying tax forms. And I think you can still follow Crypto with stocks like Coinbase or even just the QQQ / NVDA.
Free Palestine
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man

Post#1225 » by ScienceOfLosing » Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:24 am

Stannis wrote:I've mostly been in the blue chips, ChargePoint and SentinelOne

As far as Crypto, I sold all my coins. I just didn't think the risk-reward was worth it anymore plus the annoying tax forms. And I think you can still follow Crypto with stocks like Coinbase or even just the QQQ / NVDA.

I’m only in crypto. No stonks, etc. For me Crypto is of course a large part about the returns. You just can’t (consistently) get the same returns in stocks. But I’ve been in crypto since 2013 or so and a HUGE part of it for me is the side against the man. It puts the keys in your hand (which isn’t for everyone.) The cypher punks brought it and I won’t forget that. I can also spend it directly and through crypto credit cards.

And the fun, especially in a bull, is hard to compare to stocks (but I know you can get great returns in stonks too – I did so during the internet bubble and have friends who do so now and then.)

But, the opportunity for 100X and even 1000X is way more common in crypto. I got into the Pulsechain sacrifice (IDO/ICO essentially). I’m not up huge (yet) but when you get the opportunity to get into a L1 blockchain (that is truly decentralized and not controlled by VC’s like Polygon/Matic, Metis, Optimism, Arbitrum, Binance Smart Chain and on and on, you take it!

Some other higher risk plays I’m in (mostly from Patreon services include (keep an eye on these): AGIX, XYO, SDAO, VAI, HEX, VVS, HELLO and LFG. I particularly like the first 3 as I think AI plays are going to go boom next run, bigtime.

To get a 100X to 1000X you usually need to get in during the 1st cycle, meaning if the coin has been around a long time (a few bull cycles) it probably won’t rocket the same. AI, Gaming and Defi will probably be the larger plays.

Edit - and this movie is coming out on Aug 4th. Going to bring A LOT of attention to Pulsechain, HEX and Richard Heart‘s ecosystem. Btw, the guy WAS a gorilla marketer, showman, pompous, etc. But it‘s just a show. He‘s a billionaire for a reason and wants to be remembered for making millionaires. The documentary/film will not be kind to him, mixed I‘m guessing, just like him.

ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man

Post#1226 » by ScienceOfLosing » Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:28 am

NYKinMIA wrote:so it appears that the BTC absolute, nut-low bottom was put in 11/21/2022
I believe there will be 1-3 more good buying opportunities (corrections/pullbacks) before the halving. this bull cycle might just be the craziest yet with all the world's largest financial institutions lining up to play.

I'm not saying it just yet, but when the time comes, I'll be back again to say it 8-)

for your viewing pleasure. I won't be answering any questions btw. enjoy
FUQGARYGENSLER

Read on Twitter

one

holy crap! I have impeccable timing. moments after I hit submit on this post, the XRP judgement came in!
NOT A SECURITY!

The banks, via Gary, tried Fukking the space but it looks like they just (aka - they lost the XRP lawsuit) SET IT FREE!
FU Gary!

Ps - I loaded up within days of the bottom (was 30% in cash then). TA of cycles help. Literally 4 years to the day.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,557

Post#1227 » by Zenzibar » Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:43 pm

Good morning Smart people,

A little new to this but Coinbase is still saying it doesn't support XRP, I thought they opened the trading for it.

Are there alternatives?
Stop All Genocides
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man

Post#1228 » by ScienceOfLosing » Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:24 pm

Zenzibar wrote:Good morning Smart people,

A little new to this but Coinbase is still saying it doesn't support XRP, I thought they opened the trading for it.

Are there alternatives?

Handy site.
https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/xrp#markets
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 46,174

Post#1229 » by dakomish23 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:36 pm

I love this guy. Demolishing crypto scams time and again.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1230 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:41 pm

You guys still throwing your money away on these ponzi schemes?
Free Palestine
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 46,174

Post#1231 » by dakomish23 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 7:46 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:You guys still throwing your money away on these ponzi schemes?

Back when I started at my current job, there was a physical cryto shop on Broad st right next to the NYSE. IDK if they sold stuff there, but I wish I would have just taken the time to buy some instead of constantly pushing it off. Who knew so many ppl would think "to the moon" with this stuff.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,626

Post#1232 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:22 pm

So... What are people thinking about this BRICS currency situation?
:beer: RIP mags
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1233 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:39 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:You guys still throwing your money away on these ponzi schemes?

Back when I started at my current job, there was a physical cryto shop on Broad st right next to the NYSE. IDK if they sold stuff there, but I wish I would have just taken the time to buy some instead of constantly pushing it off. Who knew so many ppl would think "to the moon" with this stuff.

People are greedy by nature and are willing to engage in unscrupulous acts unless guardrails are put in place. Without proper regulations, it was doomed from the start.
Free Palestine
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant

Post#1234 » by NYKinMIA » Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:51 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

People are greedy by nature and are willing to engage in unscrupulous acts unless guardrails are put in place. Without proper regulations, it was doomed from the start.

do you know who Black Rock is/are? would they file for a spot ETF if it was "doomed?"

regualtion will come and be welcomed, but BTC is inevitable. take your medicine old man :lol:
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant

Post#1235 » by NYKinMIA » Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:52 pm

dakomish23 wrote:I love this guy. Demolishing crypto scams time and again.

agreed. him and ZachXBT do gawds work in the space :lol:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1236 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:35 pm

NYKinMIA wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

do you know who Black Rock is/are? would they file for a spot ETF if it was "doomed?"

regualtion will come and be welcomed, but BTC is inevitable. take your medicine old man :lol:

:lol: Let me do some research and get back to you.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1237 » by Stannis » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:10 pm

Ponzi scheme or not, there's a lot of money involved that affects many official stock tickers + indices

$QQQ $NVDA $COIN and many other tickers
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1238 » by Stannis » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:12 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
NYKinMIA wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Yeah brother, I think the news of the US Fed pushing their own digital currency got people worried about them shutting down USD when they see fit. So they want BTC (so they still have a 24/7 currency they can fall back on).

Paranoid? Maybe lol. But it looks like it pushed the price of BTC up nonetheless. I thought BTC was doomed in 2022. But here it is back at 30k. And it's been holding strong for a while now. I swear, any news of the SEC or governments "laying the hammer" on BTC is just bullish.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1239 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:15 pm

Stannis wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
NYKinMIA wrote:do you know who Black Rock is/are? would they file for a spot ETF if it was "doomed?"

Yeah brother, I think the news of the US Fed pushing their own digital currency got people worried about them shutting down USD when they see fit. So they want BTC (so they still have a 24/7 currency they can fall back on).

Paranoid? Maybe lol. But it looks like it pushed the price of BTC up nonetheless. I thought BTC was doomed in 2022. But here it is back at 30k. And it's been holding strong for a while now. I swear, any news of the SEC or governments "laying the hammer" on BTC is just bullish.

I hope no investors get hurt this time. It’ll be interesting to see how the Fed proceeds on this. I’m still very skeptical.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1240 » by Stannis » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:16 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Stannis wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

I hope no investors get hurt this time. If ll be interesting to see how the Fed proceeds on this. I’m still very skeptical.

Prob should be ok as long as they weren't into some ponzi exchanges like FTX lol.

Coinbase is legit.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks