ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Game 5, Indiana Pacers @ New York Knicks, Tuesday 8 PM

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,639

Re: GT: Game 5, Indiana Pacers @ New York Knicks, Tuesday 7:30 PM 

Post#141 » by Clyde Frazier » Mon May 13, 2024 5:43 pm

We finally saw what this team looks like when the wheels fall off and it was damn ugly. I'm not going to pile on thibs for the injuries tho. Randle, Mitch and Bojan weren't playing crazy minutes. The only one that's questionable is OG with his past injury history. Maybe he just can't handle 40+ minutes. And brunson is just banged up like plenty of other players at this point in the playoffs.

The OG thing really sucks tho. Considering we almost won game 3 without him and we're going home, I do think we can still win the series. If we can't get him back eventually tho? Yeah it's looking pretty grim.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,326

Post#142 » by Capn'O » Mon May 13, 2024 5:44 pm

robillionaire wrote:As bad as we miss OG on the defensive end we may miss him even more on the offensive end. He was filling in as a 2nd or 3rd scoring option. He had 28 pts when he got injured. Now we only have 2 legit scoring threats on the team and that’s Brunson and Donte. Donte had 35 in game 3 and it still wasn’t enough. Where are the stops coming from? Where are the points coming from? We need Hart to have one of those 20+ point games, Donte to be on for 20+, Brunson to go for 40, and that’s just to even have a chance.

And he also pulls Siakam out of the paint so Hart and iHart can crash the boards. The plan is in no mans land without him.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,334

Post#143 » by Garbagelo » Mon May 13, 2024 5:45 pm

We're losing this then winning game 6 and 7 when all the bandwagoners hop off, when Indiana is in their most toxic level

This would be the most ironic and most pleasing scenario
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,848

Post#144 » by Gravy » Mon May 13, 2024 5:48 pm

"These guys love Tom Thibodeau...I rarely see a set of players and a coach who fit together and have a bond like this"
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#145 » by Capn'O » Mon May 13, 2024 6:05 pm

Gravy wrote:

"These guys love Tom Thibodeau...I rarely see a set of players and a coach who fit together and have a bond like this"

They didn't let Monica talk :evil:
BAF Clippers

rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,708

Post#146 » by rajajackal » Mon May 13, 2024 6:10 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:We finally saw what this team looks like when the wheels fall off and it was damn ugly. I'm not going to pile on thibs for the injuries tho. Randle, Mitch and Bojan weren't playing crazy minutes. The only one that's questionable is OG with his past injury history. Maybe he just can't handle 40+ minutes. And brunson is just banged up like plenty of other players at this point in the playoffs.

The OG thing really sucks tho. Considering we almost won game 3 without him and we're going home, I do think we can still win the series. If we can't get him back eventually tho? Yeah it's looking pretty grim.

i agree with everything you said, and would like to add, og playing 40+ minutes probably wouldn't be necessary for even thibs if we had randle + bench scoring based on our rotations at full health in january
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,806

Post#147 » by iLLmatic860 » Mon May 13, 2024 6:10 pm

honestly I think playing a early game worked in favor of Indiana, especially playing at home

I expect us to come out with more energy even without OG

blowouts happen in the playoffs. I wouldn't be too pressed about it. We just need some of our bench guys to step up
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,612

Post#148 » by Context » Mon May 13, 2024 6:18 pm

iLLmatic860 wrote:honestly I think playing a early game worked in favor of Indiana, especially playing at home

blowouts happen in the playoffs. I wouldn't be too pressed about it. We just need some of our bench guys to step up

I'm guessing the team only covered film work and no physical practice today- I also heard they flew home last night...

Our starters looked gassed even in the first...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
LFGK
Sophomore
And1: 245

Post#149 » by LFGK » Mon May 13, 2024 6:22 pm

Context wrote:
iLLmatic860 wrote:honestly I think playing a early game worked in favor of Indiana, especially playing at home

I'm guessing the team only covered film work and no physical practice today- I also heard they flew home last night...

Early start time def was on the pacers side but we sat guys and early ending and being home will help us out. We will win game 5
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#150 » by Capn'O » Mon May 13, 2024 6:24 pm

Context wrote:

Good good. :pray:
BAF Clippers

Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,639

Post#151 » by Clyde Frazier » Mon May 13, 2024 6:32 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Gravy wrote:

They didn't let Monica talk :evil:

Read on Twitter
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,250

Post#152 » by Spree2Houston » Mon May 13, 2024 6:33 pm

Perk being at the gym is good omen. We’re winning tomorrow night
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,290

Post#153 » by seren » Mon May 13, 2024 6:34 pm

There is too much negativity around here. We lost two games in Indy. One was gifted by the refs. The other was an early game and essentially a schedule loss. This team even with the injuries is better than those clowns. We will win in six or if the refs get away with criminal activity in seven. Tuesday night is a guaranteed win. Stop the negativity people
Guano
RealGM
And1: 43,035

Post#154 » by Guano » Mon May 13, 2024 6:36 pm

Idgaf about mins, injuries, next rd against the Cs, roster construction next year, thibs coaching, and all the other noise I just want a game 5 win.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,708

Post#155 » by rajajackal » Mon May 13, 2024 6:37 pm

protect the rock. we historically win by ending the game with more possessions because of our rebounding. brunson carries the scoring. i know the guys are tired, but they looked too careless with the ball yesterday, and all those turnovers do is gas them out more with heel-turn transitions. pretty demoralizing too. so, protect the rock. have more possessions. dictate the tempo and we will win
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 46,198

Post#156 » by dakomish23 » Mon May 13, 2024 6:41 pm

Brunson shooting so far against his top 3 defenders last two games

Game 3
Nesmith 6-16
Nembhard 2-4
McConnell 1-2

Game 4
Nesmith 3-9
Nembhard 2-4
McConnell 1-2
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,396

Post#157 » by Fury » Mon May 13, 2024 6:42 pm

rajajackal wrote:protect the rock. we historically win by ending the game with more possessions because of our rebounding. brunson carries the scoring. i know the guys are tired, but they looked too careless with the ball yesterday, and all those turnovers do is gas them out more with heel-turn transitions. pretty demoralizing too. so, protect the rock. have more possessions. dictate the tempo and we will win

There was a play where Josh Hart was supposed to call a timeout, saw an opening, and made a layup. It was a heads up play but I wonder if it would have been better to take the timeout cause Thibs didn't call one for a while after that.
LFGK
Sophomore
And1: 245

Post#158 » by LFGK » Mon May 13, 2024 6:44 pm

seren wrote:There is too much negativity around here. We lost two games in Indy. One was gifted by the refs. The other was an early game and essentially a schedule loss. This team even with the injuries is better than those clowns. We will win in six or if the refs get away with criminal activity in seven. Tuesday night is a guaranteed win. Stop the negativity people

THIS.....just defend the 3 ball, they arent going to shoot 60% from the field, we wont shoot 30%, it will even out and even with injuries we will fight through and win. I just find it funny that ppl are thinking they found some formula to stop Brunson. They won't let them be draped all over him for 94 feet, I see the Pacers being in foul trouble early and often and all the fckboys crying foul. FCK EM, they're 1-4 on the road in the playoffs giving up 117 a game
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,627

Post#159 » by Fat Kat » Mon May 13, 2024 7:09 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,290

Post#160 » by TKKnicks1 » Mon May 13, 2024 7:11 pm

With all the $hit we have given Randle year after year, he is the one player that I miss the most right now. His physicality would have made the likes of Siakam and Miles wet their pants. He would allow OG to roam more. He would allow Brunson to get free more. Another solid rebounder. Another solid 3 point shooter. Another offensive threat. Damn. It takes situations like this to realize what you're truly missing. Come back strong Ju!
~I Believe!~

Return to New York Knicks