ImageImageImageImageImage

OT The Nerdy stuff Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,735

Re: OT The Nerdy stuff Thread 

Post#1481 » by DOT » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:59 am

OP 1109:

Spoiler:

:lol:
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,654

Post#1482 » by j4remi » Wed Mar 6, 2024 3:38 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Chainsaw Man Chapter 157

Spoiler:
This was a much needed chapter after the depression fuel of the last several weeks. Asa really did come to save Denji, and she brought Famine with her.

Loved the ending, Asa is complete goofball and that's why she's great lol. Time to see Fami in action. I hope she knows where Nayuta is too

This chapter perfectly embodies why everyone loves Asa :lol:

Spoiler:
She looks like a total badass, taking over the turrets and blasting through the front gate of the most secure facility the Devil Hunter's Association has. But she calls them the "college fund turrets" which is hilarious to me, then falls flat on her face when the infiltration mission begins. To the CSM world, she's the ultimate badass and lead warrior of the CSM Church. But to us, she's this goofy innocent girl.

She's PERFECT for Denji. I love them together. Fujimoto needs to not be a dick about this! Also...there are some interesting implications and things to ponder about:
- How come Asa's arm didn't grow back? I figured she'd be like Denji and other devils with regenerative abilities if they just drink some blood. I wonder if her deal with Yoru is different from a fiend or Denji's contract with Pochita...or, on the other hand, I wouldn't put it past Asa to refuse to drink blood even if it gets her arm back.

- That facility is loaded with firepower, but also a bunch of imprisoned criminals and devils. I'd love to see some familiar and new faces pop up as allies for the escape. It'd be like a CSM version of Impel Down.

- If Asa can control things without touch, and just by thinking she owns them, that unlocks a bunch of interesting potential scenarios. It also makes the Asa/Denji romance that much more fun to root for, because if she thinks he's hers, then we get chainsaw Asa which is something the fandom's been speculating for a long time.

It's amazing that Asa returned and the manga immediately reversed from sad and brutal to hilarious. Even Fami's growing on me.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,133

Post#1483 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 6, 2024 5:33 pm

j4remi wrote:

Spoiler:
This was a much needed chapter after the depression fuel of the last several weeks. Asa really did come to save Denji, and she brought Famine with her.

Loved the ending, Asa is complete goofball and that's why she's great lol. Time to see Fami in action. I hope she knows where Nayuta is too

Spoiler:
She looks like a total badass, taking over the turrets and blasting through the front gate of the most secure facility the Devil Hunter's Association has. But she calls them the "college fund turrets" which is hilarious to me, then falls flat on her face when the infiltration mission begins. To the CSM world, she's the ultimate badass and lead warrior of the CSM Church. But to us, she's this goofy innocent girl.

She's PERFECT for Denji. I love them together. Fujimoto needs to not be a dick about this! Also...there are some interesting implications and things to ponder about:
- How come Asa's arm didn't grow back? I figured she'd be like Denji and other devils with regenerative abilities if they just drink some blood. I wonder if her deal with Yoru is different from a fiend or Denji's contract with Pochita...or, on the other hand, I wouldn't put it past Asa to refuse to drink blood even if it gets her arm back.

- That facility is loaded with firepower, but also a bunch of imprisoned criminals and devils. I'd love to see some familiar and new faces pop up as allies for the escape. It'd be like a CSM version of Impel Down.

- If Asa can control things without touch, and just by thinking she owns them, that unlocks a bunch of interesting potential scenarios. It also makes the Asa/Denji romance that much more fun to root for, because if she thinks he's hers, then we get chainsaw Asa which is something the fandom's been speculating for a long time.

It's amazing that Asa returned and the manga immediately reversed from sad and brutal to hilarious. Even Fami's growing on me.

Spoiler:
Regarding Asa:

Asa is a Fiend, so i think she would need to drink blood in order to regenerate limbs. Knowing her, that idea probably repulses her.

Regarding Denji and Asa, it's hard to see where it goes, but honestly I think that she really brought the best out of Denji and highlighted his good qualities as a character. He was kind to her, listened to her, and generally liked her despite how traumatized he is after what Reze and Makima did to him.

In Chapter 117, before Yoru decided to be an ass hole, you can see that Asa was actually smitten by him. Things kind of went off the rails after that, but still i hope things don't end badly for them.

Fami seems cool, but I don't trust her yet. Asa, yes. She is a good kid deep down. But Yoru and Fami are still sketchy.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1484 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 6, 2024 5:35 pm

Lmao @ Fern.

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1485 » by j4remi » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:12 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
j4remi wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Regarding Asa:

Asa is a Fiend, so i think she would need to drink blood in order to regenerate limbs. Knowing her, that idea probably repulses her.

Regarding Denji and Asa, it's hard to see where it goes, but honestly I think that she really brought the best out of Denji and highlighted his good qualities as a character. He was kind to her, listened to her, and generally liked her despite how traumatized he is after what Reze and Makima did to him.

In Chapter 117, before Yoru decided to be an ass hole, you can see that Asa was actually smitten by him. Things kind of went off the rails after that, but still i hope things don't end badly for them.

Fami seems cool, but I don't trust her yet. Asa, yes. She is a good kid deep down. But Yoru and Fami are still sketchy.

Spoiler:
Yeah, I don't trust Fami, but she's starting to show the quirkiness of the rest of the cast. It kinda started with her wanting to save humanity because of the good food. But in this chapter alone we get Asa charging ahead while Fami just kinda walks hella stiff. Fami refusing to respond to being called "Famine." And Fami refusing to fight because the trump card has to go last.

The sisters of the apocalypse are funny as hell. I would be ecstatic for a spin-off where we get Fami, Nayuta, and Yoru on misadventures...and Kobeni. Not because I'm invested in her being Death as a plot twist or anything; I just think that would maximize the comedy.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1486 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 6, 2024 7:38 pm

j4remi wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
j4remi wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Regarding Asa:

Spoiler:
Yeah, I don't trust Fami, but she's starting to show the quirkiness of the rest of the cast. It kinda started with her wanting to save humanity because of the good food. But in this chapter alone we get Asa charging ahead while Fami just kinda walks hella stiff. Fami refusing to respond to being called "Famine." And Fami refusing to fight because the trump card has to go last.

The sisters of the apocalypse are funny as hell. I would be ecstatic for a spin-off where we get Fami, Nayuta, and Yoru on misadventures...and Kobeni. Not because I'm invested in her being Death as a plot twist or anything; I just think that would maximize the comedy.

Spoiler:
Yeah the sisters are entertaining. I'm curious as to what Yoru and Fami were doing while Makima was running wild in Part 1.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1487 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 6, 2024 7:47 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=QN2ihEYrAUP6ryCcmpDo_Q

This may be the fastest a Jump series volume has ever been released in English. 23 chapters later, wow. I feel kinda happy to have been on board with Kagurabachi from Day 1, it's such a fun series. The main character has some nice depth to him to where he really endears himself to readers despite being a deadpan, no nonsense guy, and the wackiness of the other characters plays off of his personality in a really fun way. The end of the first arc was nothing short of cinematic.

The second story arc is underway and it seems inspired by the York New City arc from Hunter X Hunter, where there's an underground auction and wealthy elites involved.

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,969

Post#1488 » by Rich Rane » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:49 am

RIP Akira Toriyama
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,450

Post#1489 » by Woodsanity » Fri Mar 8, 2024 6:39 am

Dbz was the first anime i ever saw so sad….
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 15,069

Post#1490 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Mar 8, 2024 8:31 am

Akira Toriyama was a legend….such a huge impact on entertainment and people around the world. Felt like he had more to give.

RIP.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1491 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 8, 2024 10:40 am

Rich Rane wrote:RIP Akira Toriyama

I'm heartbroken man.

I hope he truly knew how much happiness he brought people all across the globe, from all walks of life. That's the stuff of legend right there.

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1492 » by j4remi » Fri Mar 8, 2024 2:22 pm

RIP to a pioneer. Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon were really the beginning of the anime boom in America IMO. I remember waking up crazy early to watch DBZ because there was nothing else like it, and even when it would reset the season, I'd watch the replays. I discovered anime because of Toriyama, and then I found out about subs vs dubs because of the uncut DBZ subs playing in the mall. My whole damned journey into Weebdom is because of Toriyama. RIP
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1493 » by DOT » Fri Mar 8, 2024 6:26 pm

RIP Toriyama. Arguably the most influential mangaka of all time. Dude redefined the shonen genre.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1494 » by DOT » Fri Mar 8, 2024 6:28 pm

You know what the problem is, is that I keep getting spoiled for JJK leaks days in advance cause it's infested TikTok

The memes are great though,
Spoiler:
"The strongest sorcerer in history vs the only sorcerer of today"

BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1495 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 8, 2024 7:49 pm

The outpouring of grief and celebration for Toriyama from all walks of life is something else. Black, White, Latino, Asian you name it. This one hit everyone hard.

Prayers for our Mexican brothers and sisters. I know DragonBall is damn near a national past time down there.

TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,222

Post#1496 » by TerrenceClarke » Fri Mar 8, 2024 8:16 pm

Been playing Persona 5 for the first time. Still have not beaten the first palace yet. So with out spoilers has anyone played this game before?
Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
TerrenceClarke
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,222

Post#1497 » by TerrenceClarke » Fri Mar 8, 2024 8:19 pm

Also if you play video games and want a challenge... play Sifu. Its basically a kung fu movie simulator. Very difficult to master.
Memphis Grizzlies AKA Wing Stop
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1498 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 8, 2024 9:55 pm

TerrenceClarke wrote:Been playing Persona 5 for the first time. Still have not beaten the first palace yet. So with out spoilers has anyone played this game before?

Great game, the music soundtrack is probably some of the best ever too. Enjoy the ride

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#1499 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Mar 8, 2024 10:12 pm

DOT wrote:RIP Toriyama. Arguably the most influential mangaka of all time. Dude redefined the shonen genre.

Oda's tribute to him made me tear up man.

"His existence was like a big tree."

"May heaven be the joyous world he envisioned".

DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1500 » by DOT » Fri Mar 8, 2024 11:21 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DOT wrote:RIP Toriyama. Arguably the most influential mangaka of all time. Dude redefined the shonen genre.

Oda's tribute to him made me tear up man.

"His existence was like a big tree."

"May heaven be the joyous world he envisioned".

Even though it was written to be said by a goofy side character in a silly pirate cartoon, I still think this applies:

BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Return to New York Knicks