ImageImageImageImageImage

[WOJ] Knicks Extend Hart for 4/81

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,668

Re: [WOJ] Knicks Extend Hart for 4/81 

Post#161 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:21 am

Has it been mentioned that the last year of Hart's contract is team option for 22 mil of the 8?

Sent from my SM-S9080 using RealGM mobile app
bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,551

Post#162 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:59 pm

nedleeds wrote:
DrCoach wrote:I said ALL STAR and TWO TIME ALL NBA

That means the coaches, fans and Sports writers dont agree with you.

RJ is better at being 6’7 , 8 years younger and a starter in the playoffs while Heild plays off the bench against bench players

Brunson shoots better and WINS Better. #twotime NCAA Champ and led avg team to 2nd rd against higher seeded team.

World cup Coach agrees wih me, thats why hes starting and i promise he will be finishing

That's true. The fans do vote, you got me there. If All Star games matter why was Haliburton an All-Star and Brunson not? Seems weird.

RJ is better at playing minutes, I'll concede that.

Brunson shoots better at what? Pool? I posted their shooting numbers Haliburton has a higher true shooting, 62.4% for 59.7%. You'd have more credibility just saying he's a Knick and I like him better. I like Brunson. But he's younger, the same argument you use for RJ? Does it apply here? Or just to Knicks?

Brunson led us to the 2nd round against a slightly higher seed. We were the 5, Cleveland the 4. Then we lost to a lower seed, the 8th seed versus our 5th seed. So does that make it a worse loss?

Haliburton was the better player in the 1st half of the season. Brunson was better in the 2nd half. They’re not that far apart. Brunson is the better scorer and Haliburton is a much better passer. Neither of them are good defenders. Haliburton (23) has the age on his side, so he is the more valuable asset. But Brunson is only 26, is still improving and hasn’t hit his prime yet.

Randle vs Turner…let’s be honest here. Even if you don’t like Randle, he’s on another level from Turner. Turner just had the best year of his career and it’s not as good as Randle’s 2 All NBA seasons with the Knicks. It’s not as good as the season before he came to the Knicks. Worse scorer, worse rebounder, worse passer. He’s a better shot blocker and defender…that’s where it ends.

Between RJ and Hield…yeah, Hield is better. Would I rather have him? No. RJ still has the potential to get better and worst case, he’s a trade asset.

All in all, no. The Pacers are not better than the Knicks.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#163 » by DrCoach » Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:54 am

bronxknicksfan1 wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
DrCoach wrote:I said ALL STAR and TWO TIME ALL NBA

That means the coaches, fans and Sports writers dont agree with you.

RJ is better at being 6’7 , 8 years younger and a starter in the playoffs while Heild plays off the bench against bench players

Brunson shoots better and WINS Better. #twotime NCAA Champ and led avg team to 2nd rd against higher seeded team.

World cup Coach agrees wih me, thats why hes starting and i promise he will be finishing

That's true. The fans do vote, you got me there. If All Star games matter why was Haliburton an All-Star and Brunson not? Seems weird.

RJ is better at playing minutes, I'll concede that.

Brunson shoots better at what? Pool? I posted their shooting numbers Haliburton has a higher true shooting, 62.4% for 59.7%. You'd have more credibility just saying he's a Knick and I like him better. I like Brunson. But he's younger, the same argument you use for RJ? Does it apply here? Or just to Knicks?

Brunson led us to the 2nd round against a slightly higher seed. We were the 5, Cleveland the 4. Then we lost to a lower seed, the 8th seed versus our 5th seed. So does that make it a worse loss?

Haliburton was the better player in the 1st half of the season. Brunson was better in the 2nd half. They’re not that far apart. Brunson is the better scorer and Haliburton is a much better passer. Neither of them are good defenders. Haliburton (23) has the age on his side, so he is the more valuable asset. But Brunson is only 26, is still improving and hasn’t hit his prime yet.

Randle vs Turner…let’s be honest here. Even if you don’t like Randle, he’s on another level from Turner. Turner just had the best year of his career and it’s not as good as Randle’s 2 All NBA seasons with the Knicks. It’s not as good as the season before he came to the Knicks. Worse scorer, worse rebounder, worse passer. He’s a better shot blocker and defender…that’s where it ends.

Between RJ and Hield…yeah, Hield is better. Would I rather have him? No. RJ still has the potential to get better and worst case, he’s a trade asset.

All in all, no. The Pacers are not better than the Knicks.

Buddy heild is also older than anyone on the Knicks
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,762

Post#164 » by nedleeds » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:53 pm

DrCoach wrote:
USA Coach has Brunson starting

Brunson has TWO NCAA chips and is a winner

Thats why he is the captain

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/knicks-duo-benched-in-closing-minutes-of-team-usa-s-ko-loss/ar-AA1grvsY
https://heavy.com/sports/new-york-knicks/knicks-duo-benched/

Lol. Let's see your next pivot. Benched and a humiliating performance. -19.

Maybe we can get the boxscores from his high school games where he was a winner.

Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,027

Post#165 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:06 pm

nedleeds wrote:
DrCoach wrote:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/knicks-duo-benched-in-closing-minutes-of-team-usa-s-ko-loss/ar-AA1grvsY

Maybe we can get the boxscores from his high school games where he was a winner.

Ah, nedleds joins oldboy109 as the next Brunson hater.

This team's fans don't deserve anything remotely good.

I hope Brunson, RJ and Randle all get hurt, the team sucks, but they draft a horrible player.
nedleeds
General Manager

Post#166 » by nedleeds » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:21 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
DrCoach wrote:

I hope Brunson, RJ and Randle all get hurt, the team sucks, but they draft a horrible player.

No just these people comparing our players to Dwayne Wade are absent when their narratives disintegrate.

He's a wInNer! Coach on USA is starting him and they picked Hart! SEE SEE SEE

Then when they are revealed as second tier, non top 20 players it's crickets.

Where did I wish anyone gets hurt? I just want a chance at a finals. Our offseason is ... no draft and (re)sign Villanova friends of Rick Brunson. What a joke.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#167 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:29 pm

nedleeds wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
nedleeds wrote:

No just these people comparing our players to Dwayne Wade are absent when their narratives disintegrate.

Where did I wish anyone gets hurt? I just want a chance at a finals. Our offseason is ... no draft and (re)sign Villanova friends of Rick Brunson. What a joke.

Gee, sorry nobody traded the Knicks a star.

And this whole championship or bust thing is dumb too.

There are 30 other teams that want to win it also.

I'll take the Knicks being decent/good, for now.

So sorry Brunson isn't an all time player. He's good. He's on a good contract. Boohoo.
nedleeds
General Manager

Post#168 » by nedleeds » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:07 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
So sorry Brunson isn't an all time player. He's good. He's on a good contract. Boohoo.

I agree. And I wasn't quoting you, just the people calling him Wade and saying they'd rather have him than Haliburton because Stoned Kerr is starting him in a World Cup we got humiliated in.

I'll see you when we hang the second round exit banner at MSG in April.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#169 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:34 pm

nedleeds wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

I agree. And I wasn't quoting you, just the people calling him Wade and saying they'd rather have him than Haliburton because Stoned Kerr is starting him in a World Cup we got humiliated in.

I'll see you when we hang the second round exit banner at MSG in April.

Haliburton ain't all that either
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 5,003

Post#170 » by 8516knicks » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:16 pm

nedleeds wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
nedleeds wrote:

Were you in a coma last year? While u were sleeping the Knicks had their best season in just about 2 decades. And Brunson and Hart were a large part of that. :crazy: :noway: :nonono: :banghead:
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 5,003

Post#171 » by 8516knicks » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:22 pm

CBS - "27 Jalen Brunson NEW YORK KNICKS PG
Last year's rank: 60. If there was any doubt that Brunson was deserving of his contract with the Knicks, all of that melted away with his performance last season. The stocky guard not only proved he could handle more responsibility and a bigger role, but that he should be the lead guard on a playoff team. But it's not just the crafty play, mid-range prowess and high IQ that has Brunson in the top 30 on our rankings. He proved to be the exact type of leader the Knicks needed at point guard. When he was on the floor, New York outscored opponents by 6.8 points per 100 possessions, which ranks in the 92nd percentile in the league. He took pressure off players like Julius Randle and RJ Barrett, becoming the central playmaker on offense and setting guys up for easy looks. He's a low-mistake guard, with a turnover percentage of 8.7%, and he's just as dangerous scoring off the bounce as he is without the ball in his hands. -- Wimbish"

OK - You can go back to watching HEE HAW reruns now. 8-) :lol:
nedleeds
General Manager

Post#172 » by nedleeds » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:29 pm

8516knicks wrote:CBS - "27 Jalen Brunson NEW YORK KNICKS PG
Last year's rank: 60. If there was any doubt that Brunson was deserving of his contract with the Knicks, all of that melted away with his performance last season. The stocky guard not only proved he could handle more responsibility and a bigger role, but that he should be the lead guard on a playoff team. But it's not just the crafty play, mid-range prowess and high IQ that has Brunson in the top 30 on our rankings. He proved to be the exact type of leader the Knicks needed at point guard. When he was on the floor, New York outscored opponents by 6.8 points per 100 possessions, which ranks in the 92nd percentile in the league. He took pressure off players like Julius Randle and RJ Barrett, becoming the central playmaker on offense and setting guys up for easy looks. He's a low-mistake guard, with a turnover percentage of 8.7%, and he's just as dangerous scoring off the bounce as he is without the ball in his hands. -- Wimbish"

OK - You can go back to watching HEE HAW reruns now. 8-) :lol:

Hee haw, sheet let me pop the champagne now that we have the 27th best player in the league!

Are you trying to make my point for me?
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,056

Post#173 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:10 pm

nedleeds wrote:
DrCoach wrote:

He averaged 31ppg against the Heat in that series, I don't really care about Team USA performance when he proved himself in the NBA playoffs. Holding team USA against him is ridiculous, in 2019 Tatum and Mitchell couldn't get it done either.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,466

Post#174 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:52 pm

Has Josh learned how to shoot 3s yet?
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,201

Post#175 » by Reign23 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:26 pm

so Brunson is not a winner now? lmao, some posters…
formerly known as knickst4pe
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,628

Post#176 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:05 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
DrCoach wrote:

He averaged 31ppg against the Heat in that series, I don't really care about Team USA performance when he proved himself in the NBA playoffs. Holding team USA against him is ridiculous, in 2019 Tatum and Mitchell couldn't get it done either.

You are attempting to make sense to the angriest poster on the site! He thinks we are no better off than we were when we had Galloway/Shved/Amundson in the lineup with Rambis coaching. :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,832

Post#177 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed May 8, 2024 4:11 pm

Came in here to see if there were some bad Hart takes to dunk on but, instead we got an all time crash out over Brunson who is currently putting up Jordan-esque numbers in the playoffs LMAO.

Let's go Knicks! :D
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,365

Post#178 » by matchman » Wed May 8, 2024 4:54 pm

nedleeds wrote:
sol537 wrote:Brunson is our "Wade" type...

This fanbase. It's just breathtaking. Wade might be the 3rd best shooting guard of all time. Brunson might be the 3rd best point guard in the East.

Time for correction. 8-)
Are you fans of the team or the player?
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,365

Post#179 » by matchman » Wed May 8, 2024 4:59 pm

I came here to just look around and see who was doubting Hart's worth, and was decently surprised that this thread was a Brunson bashing Pacers praising thread lol.
Are you fans of the team or the player?
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,458

Post#180 » by Knicks Byke » Wed May 8, 2024 5:00 pm

well well well

that aged well :lol:

Return to New York Knicks