ImageImageImageImageImage

[WOJ] Knicks Extend Hart for 4/81

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Re: [WOJ] Knicks Extend Hart for 4/81 

Post#181 » by moocow007 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:03 pm

matchman wrote:I came here to just look around and see who was doubting Hart's worth, and was decently surprised that this thread was a Brunson bashing Pacers praising thread lol.

Knicks Byke wrote:well well well

that aged well :lol:

:lol:
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,362

Post#182 » by matchman » Wed May 8, 2024 5:13 pm

moocow007 wrote:
matchman wrote:I came here to just look around and see who was doubting Hart's worth, and was decently surprised that this thread was a Brunson bashing Pacers praising thread lol.

On a side note I do think last year world cup's defeat do fire up these guys a bit, you can see Brunson, Hart, especially Edwards and Banchero have taken their game to next level.
Are you fans of the team or the player?
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,077

Post#183 » by NYKinMIA » Wed May 8, 2024 5:15 pm

wait so is my boy's contract good or nah?

very confusing thread.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,885

Post#184 » by NoLayupRule » Wed May 8, 2024 5:21 pm

this team has no bad contracts
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,465

Post#185 » by GONYK » Wed May 8, 2024 5:30 pm

Hart's contract is great and it gets even better when you factor in that he extended off his old contract at a slightly lower number so that we could have the space to sign Donte
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#186 » by moocow007 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:47 pm

matchman wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

On a side note I do think last year world cup's defeat do fire up these guys a bit, you can see Brunson, Hart, especially Edwards and Banchero have taken their game to next level.

Yep. And I think those guys are extremely competitive as it is and the loss probably put chips on their shoulders.
kNicksGmen
Analyst
And1: 526

Post#187 » by kNicksGmen » Wed May 8, 2024 6:00 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:this team has no bad contracts

burks and bojan but was a trade and there's logic behind it.
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,257

Post#188 » by Juco24 » Wed May 8, 2024 6:49 pm

kNicksGmen wrote:

Burks is a free agent... Bojan will be packaged. Not one bad contract.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,504

Post#189 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed May 8, 2024 11:22 pm

Juco24 wrote:
kNicksGmen wrote:

I wouldn't mind if we brought Bojan back. How much is his contract for next season?
Free Palestine
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,415

Post#190 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Thu May 9, 2024 12:06 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Juco24 wrote:
kNicksGmen wrote:burks and bojan but was a trade and there's logic behind it.

I wouldn't mind if we brought Bojan back. How much is his contract for next season?

Bojan is guaranteed $2m. Becomes $19m on 28 June if he's not cut.

Seems fine to me.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#191 » by ctorres » Thu May 9, 2024 2:37 am

I had concerns about Hart when he was coming off the bench at $20+ mil

As a starter playing 40+ mpg he earns his money and then some

Him and OG together might be better than having Randle on the court
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,100

Post#192 » by Im Coming Home » Thu May 9, 2024 3:32 am

nedleeds wrote:Image

1/2 a decade of 28 year old Josh Hart ladies and gentleman.

Young Sam Rose gets a new lambo and we now have

A roster of seven players under contract for a combined $129,232,268 (130) - Brunson, Barrett, Hart, Randle, Robinson, Donte and Grimes.

IQ resigns at 18-20 brings the payroll to ~$150 the super **** you apron is $190.

For a team without a top 10 player on the roster.

Worst post in the thread by far :lol:
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,757

Post#193 » by nedleeds » Thu May 9, 2024 12:19 pm

matchman wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
sol537 wrote:Brunson is our "Wade" type...

This fanbase. It's just breathtaking. Wade might be the 3rd best shooting guard of all time. Brunson might be the 3rd best point guard in the East.

Time for correction. 8-)

He's sure playing offense better than Wade. Still a clown world comparison.

If we beat the Pacers down 2 starters and Bogs we can probably put the Haliburton comp to bed though. Brunson has been more durable also despite his orc coach trying to murder him.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,514

Post#194 » by robillionaire » Thu May 9, 2024 12:45 pm

nedleeds wrote:
matchman wrote:
nedleeds wrote:

This fanbase. It's just breathtaking. Wade might be the 3rd best shooting guard of all time. Brunson might be the 3rd best point guard in the East.

Time for correction. 8-)

If we beat the Pacers down 2 starters and Bogs we can probably put the Haliburton comp to bed though. Brunson has been more durable also despite his orc coach trying to murder him.

At some point instead of doubling and tripling down you have to just own up to your proclamations being terrible and apologize for having frequently exposed us to this level of imbecility. The bobcats never even won a single playoff game. Forget winning entire series in back to back years. Brunson was 5th in MVP voting, we are the #2 seed, we are 2 wins from the conference finals and if we don’t get there it would be due to a pile of injuries and not the talent level on the team, which is significantly higher than Indiana’s talent level. You wanted to trade Brunson and tank. You should not just be banned but be fired out of a cannon directly into the sun
nedleeds
General Manager

Post#195 » by nedleeds » Thu May 9, 2024 1:07 pm

robillionaire wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
matchman wrote:Time for correction. 8-)

At some point instead of doubling and tripling down you have to just own up to your proclamations being terrible and apologize for having frequently exposed us to this level of imbecility. The bobcats never even won a single playoff game. Forget winning entire series in back to back years. Brunson was 5th in MVP voting, we are the #2 seed, we are 2 wins from the conference finals and if we don’t get there it would be due to a pile of injuries and not the talent level on the team, which is significantly higher than Indiana’s talent level. You wanted to trade Brunson and tank. You should not just be banned but be fired out of a cannon directly into the sun

I'll triple down on it ... HE SAID HE WAS BETTER THAN DWAYNE **** WADE. It's complete bing bong idiocy. I'm not going to say Jalen Brunson is remotely in Wade's category. And I'll quadruple down on it. Wade is on many top 15 players EVER lists. EVER.

I'd happily trade Brunson and tank, since we aren't winning a title with this cast, our cap and now the injuries. Brunsons deal might be the most valuable asset in the league that isn't a rookie scale. It's only a matter of time before Thibs kills him also and I genuinely like Brunson and how he plays and operates.

In the meantime while we're treadmilling and hanging out in the East where 50 wins gets you the 2nd seed it is fun to crap on the Pacers and Embiid.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,523

Post#196 » by Context » Thu May 9, 2024 1:17 pm

nedleeds wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
nedleeds wrote:He's sure playing offense better than Wade. Still a clown world comparison.

I'll triple down on it ... HE SAID HE WAS BETTER THAN DWAYNE **** WADE. It's complete bing bong idiocy. I'm not going to say Jalen Brunson is remotely in Wade's category. And I'll quadruple down on it. Wade is on many top 15 players EVER lists. EVER.

I'd happily trade Brunson and tank, since we aren't winning a title with this cast, our cap and now the injuries. Brunsons deal might be the most valuable asset in the league that isn't a rookie scale. It's only a matter of time before Thibs kills him also and I genuinely like Brunson and how he plays and operates.

In the meantime while we're treadmilling and hanging out in the East where 50 wins gets you the 2nd seed it is fun to crap on the Pacers and Embiid.

you loss me there Nedleeds...
Linsanity may have gone on if he had Dantoni's system and every single players support...

If Brunson plays like this for 5 more years you would still trade him and tank?

Also, Wade has three chips but needed Bron and Shaq to get them...How many chips do you think a Prime Bron and Brunson could have gotten?
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#197 » by Context » Thu May 9, 2024 1:19 pm

as far as the thread...I have never seen a player like Hart in all of my 30 years of fandom...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
nedleeds
General Manager

Post#198 » by nedleeds » Thu May 9, 2024 2:00 pm

Context wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

Linsanity may have gone on if he had Dantoni's system and every single players support...

Also, Wade has three chips but needed Bron and Shaq to get them...How many chips do you think a Prime Bron and Brunson could have gotten?

Wade won with an old Shaq. Wade was the best player on that team and it wasn't close. LeBron didn't win **** until he paired with Wade. I have no clue what you're talking about with leBron and brunson in some cop buddy movie? Brunson isn't currently in Wades world, it's laughable. He does this for 5 more years sure then we can start to have a conversation about him and Wade. Wade's defense on one leg is better than anything Brunson has ever showed in his life.

As for trading Brunson, it's not happening obviously. But I'm just pointing out he might be the most valuable non-rookie scale contract in the league. And I'd trade him and tank because we aren't winning a title and I don't really care about conference semis and finals. Been there. Been to the Finals twice. Don't care. He's just going to get maxed out and Thibs will cripple him.

I don't see a championship move here. Brunson is an all NBA level guard on a $25 million deal. It only goes down hill from here barring some insane home run with a late 1st round pick. The time to pair him with another great player is closing fast because we'll be capped out the moment he extends/re-signs with CAA. OG also, CAA, will get maxxed. The time to move was when Randle was playing pretty well and looked healthy, we had his salary and Fournier's turd. Our picks will be meh, but a GM could say they got "3" firsts. I'm not saying a player was out there, but this was our salary matching, talent and pick window to compete with Boston, Denver, OKC and (formerly) the Bucks.

The injuries worry me. Hart is playing his nuts off but his injury history is vast and Thibs is going to kill all these guys Hart, Donte and Brunson. I know people don't care but this has played out before with Thibs. Deng, Noah, Rose all pretty good all star level guys ... and they just died. You are watching it happen here before your eyes. Thibs is CAA also, he's not going anywhere.
Context
RealGM

Post#199 » by Context » Thu May 9, 2024 2:02 pm

nedleeds wrote:
Context wrote:
nedleeds wrote:

Wade won with an old Shaq. Wade was the best player on that team and it wasn't close. LeBron didn't win **** until he paired with Wade. I have no clue what you're talking about with leBron and brunson in some cop buddy movie? Brunson isn't currently in Wades world, it's laughable. He does this for 5 more years sure then we can start to have a conversation about him and Wade. Wade's defense on one leg is better than anything Brunson has ever showed in his life.

As for trading Brunson, it's not happening obviously. But I'm just pointing out he might be the most valuable non-rookie scale contract in the league. And I'd trade him and tank because we aren't winning a title and I don't really care about conference semis and finals. Been there. Been to the Finals twice. Don't care.

I don't see a championship move here. Brunson is an all NBA level guard on a $25 million deal. It only goes down hill from here barring some insane home run with a late 1st round pick. The time to pair him with another great player is closing fast because we'll be capped out the moment he extends/re-signs with CAA. OG also, CAA, will get maxxed. The time to move was when Randle was playing pretty well and looked healthy, we had his salary and Fournier's turd. Our picks will be meh, but a GM could say they got "3" firsts. I'm not saying a player was out there, but this was our salary matching, talent and pick window to compete with Boston, Denver, OKC and (formerly) the Bucks.

The injuries worry me. Hart is playing his nuts off but his injury history is vast and Thibs is going to kill all these guys Hart, Donte and Brunson. I know people don't care but this has played out before with Thibs. Deng, Noah, Rose all pretty good all star level guys ... and they just died. You are watching it happen here before your eyes. Thibs is CAA also, he's not going anywhere.

Shaq wasnt old...he just came from winning with Kobe...But you already refuse to acknowledge that Wade got help so
I will bow out of this discussion...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
nedleeds
General Manager

Post#200 » by nedleeds » Thu May 9, 2024 2:20 pm

Context wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
Context wrote:you loss me there Nedleeds...

As for trading Brunson, it's not happening obviously. But I'm just pointing out he might be the most valuable non-rookie scale contract in the league. And I'd trade him and tank because we aren't winning a title and I don't really care about conference semis and finals. Been there. Been to the Finals twice. Don't care.

Shaq wasnt old...he just came from winning with Kobe...But you already refuse to acknowledge that Wade got help so
I will bow out of this discussion...

Wade had help in the form of past his prime Shaq and Prime LeBron. Wade was the best player on the Shaq team. LeBron was the best player on the Heatles. What am I not acknowledging? Nowhere did I see he didn't "get help". That has nothing to do with comparing Jalen Brunson right now 5/9/2024 to Wade.

Here, I'll make it easy for you: Is Jalen Brunson comparable to 8 time all NBA, 3 time champion, Finals MVP Dwayne Wade?

I say no, not even close. Jalen Brunson is currently doing his best to get to like, 2019 Damien Lillards level.

Return to New York Knicks