ImageImageImageImageImage

Most realistic Artest trade

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

midtown
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#21 » by midtown » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:36 am

CrazyEyes wrote:That works out great for us. Top 5 draft pick AND Artest? Sign me up.

1) We can spend the rest of the season "showcasing" the guys who need to go. If we force fed Curry 20 shots a game some team desperate for low post scoring would take him off our hands -- might even give us a 1st rounder or a decent young prospect. IF you're in the camp who believes Randolph has to go then fine -- we showcase him. Same idea. Someone will bite.

2) Play the young guys. Find out who is worth keeping so we can go into the summer with a realistic idea of what the team needs are.

3) Sit Marbury, Q, Rose, etc. We're stuck with Q so might as well try to let him get healthy for next season. Marbury & Rose are just fodder for a trade or, if nothing good is offered, we just let them expire and start planning for some cap space in 2010/11.

4) Resign Artest to a reasonable contract with a team option in the middle of the contract as an insurance policy.

5) This is a draft where we might be able to land a guy who we can really build around. I believe we have quite a few guys who could excel if they were playing with a guy who could carry a team and step up as a franchise player. Even guys like Curry & Crawford could be good role players. Lee is the ultimate supporting cast guy. We'd be in pretty good shape for the future.

Great post.

I think we can actually get something for Marbury . Marbs will be an expiring next year so teams with injured or PG's that arent working might be interested . We just want to make sure Isiah doesn't trade for a longer deal.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,886

Post#22 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:22 am

the kings are playing resonablly good basketball, developing and giving major mins to their youth crew and looking at major pieces sitting in suits due to injury.

this means a team that wasnt going to make the playoffs anyway is able to develop their oyung guys while sitting their trade assets and getting abad record so they can draft high this summer.

IMO the kings are in a great place.

now the only thing they really need is some stupid trade partner who is willing to move say an expiring contract and some more youth tallent or picks for one of their players who they really dont want anyway - Miller, bibby, SAR, Artest - before either they expire or they wallow on the bench reducing their value.

IMO the knicks and Thomas are that stupid team.

If we trade players like jones, nate and Balkman for Artest and a 2nd just to bring him in what is very likey to be a few months early I will poop my pants with fury.

Artest is a FA this summer, he wants to come here, we will have opportunity to sign him for less or still do a S&T this summer.

only a moron makes a trade that sends tallent for something that isnt gonna make a difference this year and can be had cheaper next year anyway
midtown
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#23 » by midtown » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:07 am

NoLayupRule wrote:the kings are playing resonablly good basketball, developing and giving major mins to their youth crew and looking at major pieces sitting in suits due to injury.

this means a team that wasnt going to make the playoffs anyway is able to develop their oyung guys while sitting their trade assets and getting abad record so they can draft high this summer.

IMO the kings are in a great place.

now the only thing they really need is some stupid trade partner who is willing to move say an expiring contract and some more youth tallent or picks for one of their players who they really dont want anyway - Miller, bibby, SAR, Artest - before either they expire or they wallow on the bench reducing their value.

IMO the knicks and Thomas are that stupid team.

If we trade players like jones, nate and Balkman for Artest and a 2nd just to bring him in what is very likey to be a few months early I will poop my pants with fury.

Artest is a FA this summer, he wants to come here, we will have opportunity to sign him for less or still do a S&T this summer.

only a moron makes a trade that sends tallent for something that isnt gonna make a difference this year and can be had cheaper next year anyway

THATS ONE WAY OF LOOKING AT IT

The other way is we have seen what Nate & Balkman can do and we see what Ron brings to the table. We still have youth in Lee, chandler , Morris & Collins . By waiting till summer time you run the risk of not getting him at all. Now do you say fine and wait? Gamble is that next October this same very team with a few additions via the draft are still here. If you think that is good then your nuts. these guys dont know what winning is.

Besides, I will bet anyone here that we really run the risk of Isiah trading our 1st round pick for some bloated contract saying we have enough youth

I rather lock up Artest now at the expense of an undersized guard and streaky SF/G's .

It guarantees we are better defensively next year
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,857

Post#24 » by duetta » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:01 am

CrazyEyes wrote:That works out great for us. Top 5 draft pick AND Artest? Sign me up.

Let me put it this way. I've had enough of self-destructive morons like Artest. There's really no way to sugar coat this. If they bring in the wife/fan beater in any deal involving Lee, it will be time to move on to more productive uses for my time.

Return to New York Knicks