ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Game 5, Indiana Pacers @ New York Knicks, Tuesday 8 PM

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,619

Re: GT: Game 5, Indiana Pacers @ New York Knicks, Tuesday 7:30 PM 

Post#201 » by Fat Kat » Mon May 13, 2024 11:10 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
My logic is we traded two picks for two players who didn’t help and had produced good numbers on a terrible team

You wouldn’t redo that trade? Spend your picks and Grimes somewhere else?

You didn’t answer the question. You’re blaming our potential defeat on the trade. Does Evan over Burks win us the series?

Versus Fournier no, versus what we could have gotten back instead maybe

How is that not clear

Because you’re being purposefully vague and obtuse to deflect from your original point. Saying that the trade is the reason we’re down is foolish and you know it. And no, I wouldn’t re-do the trade
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,541

Post#202 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon May 13, 2024 11:16 pm

aaaand, knicksgod gets the argument he always wants to have... every thread... many times per page.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
The KnicksFix
Starter
And1: 1,809

Post#203 » by The KnicksFix » Mon May 13, 2024 11:17 pm

Knicks gonna win this
I have faith
Garden crowd will carry
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#204 » by KnicksGod » Mon May 13, 2024 11:18 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
You didn’t answer the question. You’re blaming our potential defeat on the trade. Does Evan over Burks win us the series?

How is that not clear

Because you’re being purposefully vague and obtuse to deflect from your original point. Saying that the trade is the reason we’re down is foolish and you know it. And no, I wouldn’t re-do the trade

I’d rather have held onto the picks and Grimes than made the trade but no it’s not obtuse

If someone buys non-returnable rotten food at the store, it’s not weird at all to say you should have spent our money on something edible at the store so the kids don’t go to bed hungry

Do I know for sure we could have gotten someone edible? I don’t know

But that’s why I said a combo of OG and the bad trade is why I think we are looking at defeat — yeah that’s vague but also true as far as it goes

YOU also can’t say the trade is not a major contributor to our predicament right now so all you’re doing is punting under the guise of a gotcha

I am saying what I am saying bc I believe Jalen Brunson is good enough and it’s always later than you think
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#205 » by KnicksGod » Mon May 13, 2024 11:21 pm

As good as Boston is, Jalen and a solid roster with OG, Randle and a good trade may have been enough

Oh well
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,314

Post#206 » by Capn'O » Mon May 13, 2024 11:25 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:aaaand, knicksgod gets the argument he always wants to have... every thread... many times per page.

Bogs had been playing well for us too :-?
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#207 » by KnicksGod » Mon May 13, 2024 11:27 pm

I’ll let it go but Boj wasn’t playing that well and is well under normal NBA strength and fitness
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,619

Post#208 » by Fat Kat » Mon May 13, 2024 11:29 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

How is that not clear

I’d rather have held onto the picks and Grimes than made the trade but no it’s not obtuse

If someone buys non-returnable rotten food at the store, it’s not weird at all to say you should have spent our money on something edible at the store so the kids don’t go to bed hungry

But that’s why I said a combo of OG and the bad trade is why I think we are looking at defeat — yeah that’s vague but also true as far as it goes

YOU also can’t say the trade is not a major contributor to our predicament right now so all you’re doing is punting under the guise of a gotcha

I am saying what I am saying bc I believe Jalen Brunson is good enough and it’s always later than you think

Wrong. You're trying to word salad your way out of a bad take. Grimes is out for the year. Bojan contributed before his injury. Burks is contributing because of the injuries. Evan would’ve done neither. Trying to imagine some hypothetical trade that would’ve somehow saved us is ridiculous. You should stop
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,290

Post#209 » by TKKnicks1 » Mon May 13, 2024 11:33 pm

Knicks in 7. Don't be a buncha fugazies.

Read on Twitter
~I Believe!~
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,487

Post#210 » by aggo » Mon May 13, 2024 11:40 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

How is that not clear

Grimes is a 0

even after watching divo flourish while replacing him in the exact lineup, people will just say stuff

and then watching bojan go down and how much we have struggled since

ppl will just say stuff like

"I'd rather have Grimes"

"id rather have Grimes" really means "im dumb."
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#211 » by KnicksGod » Mon May 13, 2024 11:43 pm

Anyway, you're missing the point. Fournier and two picks were assets ... moving on

Go Knicks.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,468

Post#212 » by spree8 » Mon May 13, 2024 11:56 pm

Still took that beach tho

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=yEYjDIOyLq0ssiu5pDtIOQ
LFGK
Sophomore
And1: 245

Post#213 » by LFGK » Tue May 14, 2024 12:03 am

You got Cleveland without Mitchell giving the celtics all they can handle and our fan base is frightened of tomorrow nights game, smh. We are winning this game tomorrow
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,967

Post#214 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue May 14, 2024 12:25 am

KnicksGod wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

How is that not clear

That trade was bad for us for many reasons. The one thing I will say though is that Grimes basically never played for them, was never healthy. The real loss was Mr 50-burger Flynn who would be a better relief option for Brunson than who we currently have since he is actually a point guard. Getting Bogs in theory was good because they had to have a sense that Randle was potentially done and we needed some sort of guy who could play the 4 and hit 3's.

We did what we did, no use crying over it I suppose.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,967

Post#215 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue May 14, 2024 12:28 am

LFGK wrote:You got Cleveland without Mitchell giving the celtics all they can handle and our fan base is frightened of tomorrow nights game, smh. We are winning this game tomorrow

Boston is really only scary when they have KP, Jrue and at least one of Tatum/Brown. Fully loaded the team is a pick-your-poison death-star. However KP's injury history seems to be that vulnerable ventilation shaft.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Najeem27
General Manager
And1: 2,793

Post#216 » by Najeem27 » Tue May 14, 2024 12:36 am

Knicks deff took game 4 off so they can get some rest for 6 and 7.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,389

Post#217 » by Fury » Tue May 14, 2024 12:40 am

I never know KnicksGod will argue, from all angles he’s like the Terence Crawford of the board.
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,459

Post#218 » by Knicks Byke » Tue May 14, 2024 12:41 am

Najeem27 wrote:Knicks deff took game 4 off so they can get some rest for 6 and 7.

I actually thought about the players doing this lowkey. not too farfetched but we must win tomorrow imo.
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 19,339

Post#219 » by Iron Mantis » Tue May 14, 2024 12:48 am

Going 8 deep ain't gonna cut it when you have to go full intensity against a high-energy run and gun team.

Might have to figure out which scrub can play a few minutes vs their bench or we may see the exhausted NY Knickerzombies get ran off the floor again.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 34,321

Post#220 » by TheGreenArrow » Tue May 14, 2024 1:01 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

Return to New York Knicks