ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: KNICKS vs Cavs - Get Well, Jalen!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,438

Re: PG: KNICKS vs Cavs - Get Well, Jalen! 

Post#241 » by Ray Williams » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:09 pm

Deuce 47 minutes! Burks 11. Trying to remember who the mod was that mocked me for saying Deuce should play over Burks when we brought that bum back.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,439

Post#242 » by god shammgod » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:12 pm

some of it is probably overuse and some of it is probably bad luck. it's impossible to quantify how much is one and how much is the other. but the identity of the team that allows them to gut out a win like last night is clearly from thibs so you gotta take the good with the bad. almost every fanbase hates their coach. the coach is always the easiest target. kerr got multiple titles and golden state fans talk about him like he's the dumbest motherf*cker alive. brunson loves thibs so he's going nowhere. it is what it is.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,874

Post#243 » by cgmw » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:16 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:Figuring out how to blame Thibs for a player having IBS

Easy: "Excessive minutes jiggle juggled the player's bowels excessively"

Thibs a menace to bones, bowels and brains

He’s giving all of us IBS.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,627

Post#244 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:22 pm

god shammgod wrote:some of it is probably overuse and some of it is probably bad luck. it's impossible to quantify how much is one and how much is the other. but the identity of the team that allows them to gut out a win like last night is clearly from thibs so you gotta take the good with the bad. almost every fanbase hates their coach. the coach is always the easiest target. kerr got multiple titles and golden state fans talk about him like he's the dumbest motherf*cker alive. brunson loves thibs so he's going nowhere. it is what it is.

Thibs is a minutes madman. This cannot be denied. Injuries like last night are bad luck because it happened 43 seconds in. If it were 2 minutes left in a double digits lead and Brunson was still playing then the bad luck could be technically blamed on Thibs. That was not the case. Had it been a non contact injury, as many thought because of how it looked, Thibs can get blame because he's a maniac.

People acting like Thibs doesn't deserve criticism for his actions are hilarious though.
:beer: RIP mags
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,541

Post#245 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:41 pm

KnixtapeH20, what can we expect for the next GT?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,848

Post#246 » by Gravy » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:44 pm

cgmw wrote:
Gravy wrote:
cgmw wrote:Not what I said and I’ve now repeated myself three times which tells me the odds of you actually reading or comprehending are 0. But F it let’s repeat myself four times for you not to read it:

The chaos of the universe causes all sorts of things, good and bad, all the time. Ultimately there is no definitive pinpoint cause, there is only probability. So, yes, having Thibs as your coach makes it more probable that you’ll get injured. Just as playing against Draymond makes it more probable you’ll get into a choking incident.

Any bad luck Thibs has with injuries or Draymond has with fights is made moot by the very real track records and uninterrupted patterns of behavior for decades now. They take the blame because they’ve spent years earning it.

Sticking your finger out and blaming somebody like a kindergartener is all well and good (I blame Dolan btw), but it makes no difference because Leon isn’t going to fire Thibs over these injuries until after he lands an MVP caliber #1 like Embiid who won’t tolerate Thibs’ lunacy.

Dolan also caused Okoro to run into Brunson, that's new. What difference does it make who the coach is if Dolan is really behind all the injuries. Is Thibs responsible for every injury in the NBA because Embiid is already pre-injured by Thibs.

This is how you know you and the handful of others who deny basic reality aren’t serious. Your only arguments are nonsense like this. You sound like Frozen Envelope saying “Thibs can’t prevent 100% of inuries” therefore Thibs isn’t responsible for any injury ever. Once you say stupid sh*t like that (or what you just said about Dolan and Embiid), there’s not much else to talk about.

Better question — why didn’t Charlie Brown get minutes last night? How much longer can DDV and Hart stay healthy?

Hey if Thibs is responsible for all injuries to his players regardless of how it happens then it's a matter of time before Charlie Brown gets hurt too. Maybe he slips on a wet spot after someone fakes him out with a basketball, now he's out because of Thibs ..
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,608

Post#247 » by Fat Kat » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:52 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,063

Post#248 » by 3toheadmelo » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:55 pm

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#249 » by Fat Kat » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:02 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,802

Post#250 » by mpharris36 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:03 pm

god shammgod wrote:some of it is probably overuse and some of it is probably bad luck. it's impossible to quantify how much is one and how much is the other. but the identity of the team that allows them to gut out a win like last night is clearly from thibs so you gotta take the good with the bad. almost every fanbase hates their coach. the coach is always the easiest target. kerr got multiple titles and golden state fans talk about him like he's the dumbest motherf*cker alive. brunson loves thibs so he's going nowhere. it is what it is.

Thats probably right, its probably a little of both luck and thibs being treating every game like a playoff game.

More of my frustration comes from his strubborness and lack of feel in games (which worries me in the playoffs). He rotation is his rotatoin. As you can see Duece can play when given the chance but far too often he was playing single digits in minutes when Brunson was play in the 40's.

I get he has been dealt some "bad luck" in terms of injuries. And while last night mentality is also why we can win a game like that. Ultimately he will be judged in the playoffs. Which he seems to be outcoached by the better coaches when everyone has "playoff mentality".

I agree he's not going anywhere. Leon and Thibs are close...the best player on the team and Thibs have a great relationship.

CLE is a good matchup for us. They have too non spacing bigs that aren't as physical as our guys. We eat that matchup up. Its when we are facing a team like the celtics who play one big or other teams that play more spacing lineups where he is way to stubborn with 2 non shooting big lineups.

We are a bottom 3rd team in terms of 3pt defense. He values protecting the rim but at what cost...even last night way too many times defenders are getting sucked in a leaving a shooter like Merrill...it made no sense. Let Mobley go 1 on 1 or let Garland take a tough mid range or floater...not everyone has to collapse. Some teams are just good matchups for us...some arent'.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#251 » by god shammgod » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:03 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Image

until the mri results come back which i expect he's getting today, we don't really know anything
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#252 » by Fat Kat » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:06 pm

Read on Twitter
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#253 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:09 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

bro. they don't wanna hear this. they're averaging 40-44mpg in their minds, which is good enough to rave about.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#254 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:11 pm

god shammgod wrote:

until the mri results come back which i expect he's getting today, we don't really know anything

do you even know that you're waiting for an MRI?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#255 » by mpharris36 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:11 pm

god shammgod wrote:

this is true...MRI is certainly the game changed...Thibs didn't make it sound like an MRI was necessary but that doesn't mean he wont have one.

Just from past injuries in other sports...its usually more somber if it is a season ending type injury. I don't remember how many guys got hurt and then the team and player were so positive about the outcome.

I think we were all really worried it was non-contact when in actuality there as contact that lead to the injury. And it wasn't the achilles because they would have known that with the thompson test (he was also holding his knee).

So there could be some tendon injury but I do think we dodged a major bullet.

ROSTER

god shammgod
RealGM

Post#256 » by god shammgod » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:15 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

Thats probably right, its probably a little of both luck and thibs being treating every game like a playoff game.

More of my frustration comes from his strubborness and lack of feel in games (which worries me in the playoffs). He rotation is his rotatoin. As you can see Duece can play when given the chance but far too often he was playing single digits in minutes when Brunson was play in the 40's.

I get he has been dealt some "bad luck" in terms of injuries. And while last night mentality is also why we can win a game like that. Ultimately he will be judged in the playoffs. Which he seems to be outcoached by the better coaches when everyone has "playoff mentality".

I agree he's not going anywhere. Leon and Thibs are close...the best player on the team and Thibs have a great relationship.

CLE is a good matchup for us. They have too non spacing bigs that aren't as physical as our guys. We eat that matchup up. Its when we are facing a team like the celtics who play one big or other teams that play more spacing lineups where he is way to stubborn with 2 non shooting big lineups.

We are a bottom 3rd team in terms of 3pt defense. He values protecting the rim but at what cost...even last night way too many times defenders are getting sucked in a leaving a shooter like Merrill...it made no sense. Let Mobley go 1 on 1 or let Garland take a tough mid range or floater...not everyone has to collapse. Some teams are just good matchups for us...some arent'.

this is what people always say but i don't know what series he was supposed to win but he didn't. miami went to the finals and beat a better team than us right after they beat us. atl 3 years ago beat the sixers after they beat us. another better team. and we've had top players, hi julius, completely fail in historic fashion in both of those years.

in some ways he's a victim of his regular season success. because he overachieves during the regular season people expect that to hold up during the playoffs when talent usually wins out. that's how i define failure in the playoffs. do you have the clearly more talented team and lose ?
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#257 » by god shammgod » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:17 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

do you even know that you're waiting for an MRI?

i assume just out of precaution he'll get one.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#258 » by mpharris36 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:17 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

bro. they don't wanna hear this. they're averaging 40-44mpg in their minds, which is good enough to rave about.

to be fair...two things can be accurate. I can't just look at a number and have it tell the whole story. Over the last month of play Brunson has been avg pretty close to 40 mins per night (38 for the month of Feb). The only game over the last month he played low 30's was the memphis game where he left that game with with 6 or so minutes left with an injury or he would have been on pace again.

That plus all the wear and tear of him running the offense adds up.

There is a bad luck element. But too many times when a guy goes down he just rolls the rotation up and plays guys crazy minutes.

Like someone will look at Josh Hart and say oh he's only playing 31 minutes a night...he's not playing crazy minutes. But over the last month of play he's been avging over 40 minutes a night...its the consecutive games at this level which is more concerning rather than the over full year minutes...

ROSTER

louisorr
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,391

Post#259 » by louisorr » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:20 pm

Gravy wrote:
cgmw wrote:
Gravy wrote:Dolan also caused Okoro to run into Brunson, that's new. What difference does it make who the coach is if Dolan is really behind all the injuries. Is Thibs responsible for every injury in the NBA because Embiid is already pre-injured by Thibs.

This is how you know you and the handful of others who deny basic reality aren’t serious. Your only arguments are nonsense like this. You sound like Frozen Envelope saying “Thibs can’t prevent 100% of inuries” therefore Thibs isn’t responsible for any injury ever. Once you say stupid sh*t like that (or what you just said about Dolan and Embiid), there’s not much else to talk about.

Better question — why didn’t Charlie Brown get minutes last night? How much longer can DDV and Hart stay healthy?

Hey if Thibs is responsible for all injuries to his players regardless of how it happens then it's a matter of time before Charlie Brown gets hurt too. Maybe he slips on a wet spot after someone fakes him out with a basketball, now he's out because of Thibs ..

aren't you just arguing against yourself?
Brown , Jeffries and Toppin are not injured....they also never play....
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#260 » by mpharris36 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:22 pm

god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

this is what people always say but i don't know what series he was supposed to win but he didn't. miami went to the finals and beat a better team than us right after they beat us. atl 3 years ago beat the sixers after they beat us. another better team. and we've had top players, hi julius, completely fail in historic fashion in both of those years.

in some ways he's a victim of his regular season success. because he overachieves during the regular season people expect that to hold up during the playoffs when talent usually wins out. that's how i define failure in the playoffs. do you have the clearly more talented team and lose ?

I think a lot of times his teams go limping in the playoffs with injuries. Its got to be more than a coincidence that Bulls always had injury problems heading into the playoffs...minny and Butler were injured when they had that good season with Thibs, and we are dealing with it as well.

I mean in all 3 places...seems like too much of a coincidence no?

I think Bob Myers said it pre-game...thibs is the most prepared regular season coach in the league because he treats the regular season like the playoffs...at least to me that suggests he's inferring he's not a great post season coach and he kinda a maniac to get regular season wins.

I mean we all love it...we all enjoyed last night...it was fun. But we also wont enjoy if Hart goes down in the next could games because he been playing nearly a month of entire games.

ROSTER

Return to New York Knicks