ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: let's try that again

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,630

Re: PG: let's try that again 

Post#241 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon May 13, 2024 3:14 pm

Letting game three slip through our fingers makes this loss a little tougher to take. I was watching the game at a bar and was distracted most of the time but, they just looked gassed. What if is lurking. Never count this team out but, the injuries are catching up. The schedule is not helping at all either. Sack up people. Game 5 is tomorrow!
:beer: RIP mags
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,314

Post#242 » by Capn'O » Mon May 13, 2024 3:22 pm

I made a meme that applies to every game moving forward

BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,314

Post#243 » by Capn'O » Mon May 13, 2024 3:25 pm

robillionaire wrote:
NowWHYcee7 wrote:Its over. We don't have enough bodies. And even if we magically win this series, we're getting swept next round for sure.

I’d be fine with that. Magically win this series and get swept next round. Better than losing in this series. I want to make the conference finals

If OG came back (big if at this point) I think we’d be competitive in the conference finals. Probably not win, but we might win a game or two instead of getting swept. Again just being there at all would represent a major success for the franchise

Agreed. We're in the house money portion of the season. But it sure would be nice to advance. Crazy the ripple effect of Batum injuring Bogs. He was the only guy who could spell OG for a bit without us going down big and now here we are.

Ironically, seems like Pacers are feeling the same way. If they win, they know what happened in both series but still great experience for their guys.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,630

Post#244 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon May 13, 2024 3:44 pm

I get all the hoorah we got this talk but, this has been an exhausting season for the fans too. Please. We are having a hard time getting five healthy players on the court at the same time. There is certainly a reason to have doubts about what's left in the tank. If any team can bounce back it's this one for sure but, it's exhausting keeping that same energy.
:beer: RIP mags
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,090

Post#245 » by NYKinMIA » Mon May 13, 2024 3:56 pm

as a fanbase we don't have a damn thing to feel bad about, regardless of what happens going forward.

do I want to win, fuq yeah. will I start bitching and looking for who to blame if we don't, fuq no.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,291

Post#246 » by Jeffrey » Mon May 13, 2024 4:00 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:Letting game three slip through our fingers makes this loss a little tougher to take. I was watching the game at a bar and was distracted most of the time but, they just looked gassed. What if is lurking. Never count this team out but, the injuries are catching up. The schedule is not helping at all either. Sack up people. Game 5 is tomorrow!

Most of their shots were hitting the front rim.
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,786

Post#247 » by ScienceOfLosing » Mon May 13, 2024 4:15 pm

RHODEY wrote:
ScienceOfLosing wrote:
drp07644 wrote:
There’s not much you can do. Most of the injuries were just flukey and bad luck. Randle’s fall, Bojan getting fallen on by Batum, Mitch getting **** by Embiid…the only one that’s not flukey I guess would be OG. For him? I dk. Limit his minutes and give his body extra treatment after every game as a precaution?

Mitch coming off surgery with his history should not be playing so much.
Julius was exhausted at the end of the game.
OG was being WAY OVERPLAYED. An injury was predictable.
RJ knee problems in Toronto.
Grimes knee problems in Detroit.
Survey comes out where NBA players vote Thibs least likely to want to play for.
TV announcers question our rotations and say we look exhausted.

Vs.

All a coincidence/flukey.

Maybe our physical style and short rotations are just catching up with us.

Barkley made the unusual insightful comment @~4:40during the last TNT broadcast that relates to Thibs not trusting some guys to play even minor minutes when they have demonstrated that the CAN do this in an emergency.

Thx AND he‘s right! Many of us were calling for more Precious after game 2.
It makes no sense to be sitting guys and pushing our luck w injuries or at least exhaustion.

The good news is we weren‘t gonna win a chip this year anyway (imo after Jules went down.)
So now Thibs has this monkey on his back next year…
EXPAND ROTATIONS.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#248 » by KnicksGod » Mon May 13, 2024 4:17 pm

Hartenstein has had a bad series so far
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,858

Post#249 » by Wildcat » Mon May 13, 2024 4:18 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:I get all the hoorah we got this talk but, this has been an exhausting season for the fans too. Please. We are having a hard time getting five healthy players on the court at the same time. There is certainly a reason to have doubts about what's left in the tank. If any team can bounce back it's this one for sure but, it's exhausting keeping that same energy.

Yeah. I was telling a few friends even before the playoffs, the Knicks have had a lot of down to the wire W/L. It is exhausting. This team is due a blowout win, but it is getting demoralizing as these injuries pile up. And it's largely because of the characters on this team and the facts that if healthy, this is a Finals team. I really wish it was October. A full training camp with everyone in their established roles, is going to be something special to watch.
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man

Post#250 » by ScienceOfLosing » Mon May 13, 2024 4:21 pm

cgmw wrote:
stuporman wrote:I know before the post season that the injuries put a cap on the ceiling of this season but after seeing game 4 I may have even lowered that ceiling more. They are going to have to summon incredible effort and execution to overcome the circumstances at hand and I'm not sure if they are going to be able to do it. I know they will attempt to but I don't know they will be able to accomplish it.

Don’t underestimate the young Pacers’ likelihood of messing up. They are relying heavily on the leadership of Miles Turner, and if his wardrobe is any indication, I wouldn’t feel great about that if I were them.

Indiana looked crappy to start the game yesterday. We looked absolutely exhausted. I was pissed after the start as it was our bad play and not their good play that lit them on fire.

I thought we would see signs of attrition in game 5 or 6. The pacers game plan isn‘t anything genious if you know Thibs short rotations.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#251 » by KnicksGod » Mon May 13, 2024 4:23 pm

Wildcat wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:I get all the hoorah we got this talk but, this has been an exhausting season for the fans too. Please. We are having a hard time getting five healthy players on the court at the same time. There is certainly a reason to have doubts about what's left in the tank. If any team can bounce back it's this one for sure but, it's exhausting keeping that same energy.

Yeah. I was telling a few friends even before the playoffs, the Knicks have had a lot of down to the wire W/L. It is exhausting. This team is due a blowout win, but it is getting demoralizing as these injuries pile up. And it's largely because of the characters on this team and the facts that if healthy, this is a Finals team. I really wish it was October. A full training camp with everyone in their established roles, is going to be something special to watch.

I don't agree. Boston is def better.
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man

Post#252 » by ScienceOfLosing » Mon May 13, 2024 4:27 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

If we had Julius and everyone healthy I‘d take us over Boston.
We can win the chip next year, especially if we use just some of our picks to one way or another, plug a hole or two.
Wildcat
RealGM

Post#253 » by Wildcat » Mon May 13, 2024 4:28 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

Judging by our small sample size in January, I disagree.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#254 » by KnicksGod » Mon May 13, 2024 4:32 pm

You really could rest JB tomorrow. Chance of it happening 0%. Chance of it working is closer to 50-50. You can win G6 and G7 if JB and OG play or even if just JB gets a break.

Too late now. Won't happen. But the Knicks would have a small chance to win G5 and may be increasing their chance to win G6 and G7.

Shoot the moon.

If JB plays tomorrow and we lose, we are likely to lose the series. But if he doesn't play tomorrow and we lose, we are still in it IF rest helps JB.

Obviously just in theory bc not happening. But there would be 2 days of rest in addition to missing tomorrow (and today of course).

Nobody tries big inventive ideas, except maybe when Sam Hinkie tanked for several years.

It is possible that JB is tired more than hurt.

Also you would be putting a lot of Choke Pressure on Indy in G5.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,090

Post#255 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon May 13, 2024 4:35 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Brunson just hasn't looked the same since he has gotten hurt. I dont know if he'll get to 100%. Have to hope he's close enough and that Hart and Donte can step up too. We are desperately depending on them with all the injuries

Good thing he played 30 minutes in a blow out after seemingly hurting his ankle 12 different times in the first quarter.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
H_20
RealGM
And1: 826

Post#256 » by H_20 » Mon May 13, 2024 4:40 pm

KnicksGod wrote:You really could rest JB tomorrow. Chance of it happening 0%. Chance of it working is closer to 50-50. You can win G6 and G7 if JB and OG play or even if just JB gets a break.

Too late now. Won't happen. But the Knicks would have a small chance to win G5 and may be increasing their chance to win G6 and G7.

Shoot the moon.

If JB plays tomorrow and we lose, we are likely to lose the series. But if he doesn't play tomorrow and we lose, we are still in it IF rest helps JB.

Obviously just in theory bc not happening. But there would be 2 days of rest in addition to missing tomorrow (and today of course).

Nobody tries big inventive ideas, except maybe when Sam Hinkie tanked for several years.

Sit Brunson down in a game 5 series tied 2-2 at the garden?

Is this a bait post?
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,456

Post#257 » by god shammgod » Mon May 13, 2024 4:44 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Hartenstein has had a bad series so far

He wasn’t any good vs Philly either
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#258 » by KnicksGod » Mon May 13, 2024 4:45 pm

H_20 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:You really could rest JB tomorrow. Chance of it happening 0%. Chance of it working is closer to 50-50. You can win G6 and G7 if JB and OG play or even if just JB gets a break.

Shoot the moon.

Sit Brunson down in a game 5 series tied 2-2 at the garden?

Is this a bait post?

This is a think outside the box post with our best player hurting and/or tired
Wildcat
RealGM

Post#259 » by Wildcat » Mon May 13, 2024 4:47 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:Letting game three slip through our fingers makes this loss a little tougher to take. I was watching the game at a bar and was distracted most of the time but, they just looked gassed. What if is lurking. Never count this team out but, the injuries are catching up. The schedule is not helping at all either. Sack up people. Game 5 is tomorrow!

I agree with letting the game slip through their fingers. I don't fault Thibs on the whole Precious vs. Deuce debate, but gassed or not, Pacers' defense can't hold you to 4-19 shooting.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#260 » by KnicksGod » Mon May 13, 2024 4:49 pm

god shammgod wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Hartenstein has had a bad series so far

He wasn’t any good vs Philly either

He was better. He seems to be playing for the offseason now. Low intensity

Return to New York Knicks