ImageImageImageImageImage

The Official 101 Thread: Offseason, Cap etc

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Wilson Chandlaa
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Knicks Salary Cap Situation 

Post#261 » by Wilson Chandlaa » Fri May 21, 2010 1:18 am

rodriguez has a qualifying offer which we dont have to give, giddens and walker have team options and were probably only giving it to walker. so we would have five players and still enough for two maxes
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#262 » by kane2021 » Fri May 21, 2010 1:25 am

jamrock1975 wrote:Unless Hoopshype is incorrect. I have a total of seven players guaranteed, player option, team option and qualifying offer with a total salary of $17, 782,904. Would that not leave us with $37 million to spendon two max and fillers. That's assuming they pick up the option of bill walker and giddens. they may not pick up giddens but they will probably pick up walker.

A QO is not a guaranteed salary. Its the lowest offer we can make to keep from renouncing there rights. We just went through this last season with Lee and Nate

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
Remember the Past
Assistant Coach
And1: 1
Location: Screw Wes and LeDiva. Keep Lee. Trust Donnie. Give the Rookies a chance.

Post#263 » by Remember the Past » Fri May 21, 2010 1:26 am

kane2021 wrote:I think KOS brought up that Giddens and Walker's team option are void because they where dealt.

um this is a pretty big deal. if walker's option is voided, he's going to want a lot more than 800k. Anyone else know anything about this? He's probably not coming back if there's not team option which would really suck.
jamrock1975
Senior
And1: 1

Post#264 » by jamrock1975 » Fri May 21, 2010 1:38 am

I undersand the different exceptions. I am just saying hypothetically if we pick up the option for rodriguez and pick up the team option for giddens and walkerm that has a salary alotment of $18M that is seven players and we still have $38 in cap room. If we renounce giddens and rodriguez that would give us an additional $4M in cap space, that would be a total of $42 M in cap room now I know we have vacant roster spot holds. I forgot what that amount is. but If two max starts at $17 M, that's $34M we still have $8M for the five remaining spots. I am looking at this correctly.
Wilson Chandlaa
Junior

Post#265 » by Wilson Chandlaa » Fri May 21, 2010 1:58 am

jamrock1975 wrote:I undersand the different exceptions. I am just saying hypothetically if we pick up the option for rodriguez and pick up the team option for giddens and walkerm that has a salary alotment of $18M that is seven players and we still have $38 in cap room. If we renounce giddens and rodriguez that would give us an additional $4M in cap space, that would be a total of $42 M in cap room now I know we have vacant roster spot holds. I forgot what that amount is. but If two max starts at $17 M, that's $34M we still have $8M for the five remaining spots. I am looking at this correctly.

its 18mil without rodriguez giddens and walker. what it shows on hoopshype is the contracts that are guaranteed
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#266 » by bringinhinkie » Fri May 21, 2010 1:59 am

jamrock1975 wrote:I undersand the different exceptions. I am just saying hypothetically if we pick up the option for rodriguez and pick up the team option for giddens and walkerm that has a salary alotment of $18M that is seven players and we still have $38 in cap room. If we renounce giddens and rodriguez that would give us an additional $4M in cap space, that would be a total of $42 M in cap room now I know we have vacant roster spot holds. I forgot what that amount is. but If two max starts at $17 M, that's $34M we still have $8M for the five remaining spots. I am looking at this correctly.

your math is off somewhere, its 7 players ~22.5mill and only 33.6mill in caproom
kosmovitelli
RealGM
And1: 429

Post#267 » by kosmovitelli » Fri May 21, 2010 2:05 am

kane2021 wrote:I think KOS brought up that Giddens and Walker's team option are void because they where dealt.

Never said that !

JR Giddens is under a rookie scale contract. Teams have until the October 31 preceding the player's second season to exercise their option for the player's third season. As the Celtics declined to exercise their option for a third season (2010-2011), JR Giddens will become an unrestricted free agent on july 1. It has nothing to do with being traded. Obviously if a team refused to exercise the option for a third season then the option for a fourth season is null and void.

Bill Walker is under contract for two more years but 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 aren't guaranteed if he's waived before july 7.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,979

Post#268 » by Manhattan Project » Fri May 21, 2010 2:13 am

jamrock1975 wrote:Why does everyone keep saying we have have four players under contract. Are they talking guaranteed. because we have another $4.7 m in team option or qualifying offer.

Wilson Chandler
Danilo Gallinari
Eddy Curry
Toney Douglas

Those are the four that people say. Curry has a player option that he controls. Walker and Giddens have team options, which we control. Sergio Rodriguez has a qualifying offer which we essentially
control. That's why people say four.

Please use this for any further questions.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=987731
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Esq-4
Veteran
And1: 318

Re: The Official 101 Thread: Offseason, Cap etc 

Post#269 » by Esq-4 » Thu May 27, 2010 5:03 pm

Would you consider this an ideal off season or just risky? Assuming all the players agree of course (hence ideal).

Sign LBJ to the max.

Keep Lee's bird rights. Leaving you with about 7 million in cap space. Use that to either sign role players or use as a TPE.

S & T Lee for Bosh, or for something TOR would want for Bosh.

Trade EC for whatever his expiring can get.

I didn't get too detailed about what we would trade for or sign b/c I didn't want that to become the debate.

It's good b/c we get 7 or so milliion to play. Well, we would need to save some for the Lee for Bosh trade, unless we were able to include Curry there, or something else to make up salary differnence by 125%.

It's bad b/c then we lose leverage of the fact that the player could just sign with us outright.

--------------------------------

And I guess the IDEAL scenario is sign LBJ, sign Wade, s & t Curry and WC for Bosh (like they would take that).
Citris
Pro Prospect
And1: 9

Post#270 » by Citris » Tue Jun 1, 2010 12:09 am

Bosh
Gallinari
James
Walker
Douglas

Chandler 6th man sg,sf,pf

Draft 2 or 3 players who can play center with one also PF. ( should get maybe a undersized bruiser PF too who can draw fouls.)
Buy second rounders, draft a PG or pg-sg backup for Douglas.
Vet mins, D-league

Boo yah
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#271 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Jun 5, 2010 7:16 pm

If the knicks get James and Bosh, we are going to have one of the ugliest teams in the NBA. Add those 2 to a roster of Toney Douglas and Eddy Curry. I wouldnt exactly call ill Will or Billiam Walker pretty either. I pray to god Jonathan Bender doesnt get resigned, Thats one ugly ass *****.

Lets not forget about Coach D'antoni and GM Donnie Walsh...
JuwannaJeffries
Senior

Post#272 » by JuwannaJeffries » Mon Jun 7, 2010 8:12 pm

A. Lebron
B. Lee + draft picks and young players (absorbing contracts too). Maybe target Gay, Rubio, TURNER, etc. Fill out roster with smart players.
#1 pick
Banned User

My goodness, I really didn't believe the Knicks would sign.. 

Post#273 » by #1 pick » Mon Jun 7, 2010 8:16 pm

anyone of outside of David Lee but if Amare is willing to come to New York and Tony Parker is traded from SAS which will have to include Danilo and Terrible Eddy then the Knicks could be something. Wow, to think the Knicks were going to look stupid in my mind but never-mind, depending on other deals, I might give an Executive of the year nod to Walsh if he pulls this one out. Not to mention the extra money to possibly sign another max deal which likely won't happen but it gives you great leverage for signing players to build around Parker and Amare. Great job Walsh, I am obviously getting ahead of myself but the Amare leaving Phoenix wasn't realistic till I received a call from a friend not too long ago.
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Re: My goodness, I really didn't believe the Knicks would sign.. 

Post#274 » by VinnyTheMick » Mon Jun 7, 2010 8:16 pm

stfu.
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,579

Post#275 » by ctorres » Mon Jun 7, 2010 8:21 pm

VinnyTheMick wrote:stfu.

word
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,879

Post#276 » by cgmw » Mon Jun 7, 2010 8:24 pm

WTG, you just cursed out a 12 year old.
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#277 » by VinnyTheMick » Mon Jun 7, 2010 8:28 pm

cgmw wrote:

WTG, you just cursed out a 12 year old.

pretty sure this isn't the first time he's been told to stfu in his life.
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,106

Post#278 » by Im Coming Home » Mon Jun 7, 2010 8:31 pm

#1 pick wrote:anyone of outside of David Lee but if Amare is willing to come to New York and Tony Parker is traded from SAS which will have to include Danilo and Terrible Eddy then the Knicks could be something. Wow, to think the Knicks were going to look stupid in my mind but never-mind, depending on other deals, I might give an Executive of the year nod to Walsh if he pulls this one out. Not to mention the extra money to possibly sign another max deal which likely won't happen but it gives you great leverage for signing players to build around Parker and Amare. Great job Walsh, I am obviously getting ahead of myself but the Amare leaving Phoenix wasn't realistic till I received a call from a friend not too long ago.

Trade Gallo for a PG with an old body? Screw that, I don't care if we did get Tony Parker he's so injury prone that it makes Gallo more valuable.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
#1 pick
Banned User

Post#279 » by #1 pick » Mon Jun 7, 2010 8:33 pm

One request- Delete this thread.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#280 » by magnumt » Mon Jun 7, 2010 8:34 pm

OMG I didn't really think Lebron would not re-sign with Cleveland, or that the Cavs would choke again.

...oh wait. :roll:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6

Return to New York Knicks