ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: New York Knicks vs Indiana Pacers (Wed, 8PM)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,720

Re: GT: New York Knicks vs Indiana Pacers (Wed, 8PM) 

Post#281 » by HopelessKnick » Wed May 8, 2024 9:21 am

BTW anyone else think Mitch needs to lose some weight? He has really bulked up a lot, a lot of heavy upper body muscle which may put too much stress on his feet.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,315

Post#282 » by MrDollarBills » Wed May 8, 2024 10:18 am

It's crazy how Embiid was given the green light to injure players.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,637

Post#283 » by Fat Kat » Wed May 8, 2024 10:26 am

HopelessKnick wrote:BTW anyone else think Mitch needs to lose some weight? He has really bulked up a lot, a lot of heavy upper body muscle which may put too much stress on his feet.

Yeah. He probably needs to start swimming. It’s hard to condition when you have leg and foot injuries.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,156

Post#284 » by thebuzzardman » Wed May 8, 2024 10:46 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:At least the Precious fans will see Precious. Or Previous? I hate that **** nickname. Lets never call him that again.

We could call him PA if he needs a Knickname. I don't hate calling him "PA"

It's Thibs Iron-man basketball against the Pacers. Pacers have more depth, Knicks have Brunson and Thibs coaching and defensive style. Tough series, but the 2nd round of the playoffs is supposed to be tough.

This is going to be wild. I'm not worried. I still think we can win, and if we don't, it was still the best year we've had since 99. I'll take it. I'm proud of what this team has done and proud of being a Knicks-Fan.

You don't like the nickname? Would prefer the name used Previously?

:D
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,156

Post#285 » by thebuzzardman » Wed May 8, 2024 10:50 am

F*ck Reggie Miller!

LFGK
Sophomore
And1: 245

Post#286 » by LFGK » Wed May 8, 2024 11:01 am

Get will big man, if we get through Boston maybe he makes it back for the finals, this is the main reason I don’t post on the GB series thread, ppl are bipolar and turn on guys and go all crazy if we get down 8-12. Without him we go home against Philly, man put the clamps down on embiid(HATE this guy). Yes seems like we won’t need him for this series in terms of precious being a better fit but it is still a body that could give 15 minutes. Now it’s either everyone plays a few more min or this bum Burks plays so everyone isn’t playing 45+min, very frustrating but we got this
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,193

Post#287 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed May 8, 2024 11:43 am

Get well Mitch. I feel for him.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,230

Post#288 » by Reign23 » Wed May 8, 2024 11:51 am

I knew we sacrificed his long term healthy. he looked completely shot outthere. now rest till next season and lose some weight man...
formerly known as knickst4pe
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,788

Post#289 » by Lord Commander » Wed May 8, 2024 11:57 am

RHODEY wrote:
cgmw wrote:
Lord Commander wrote:
'Ol Reg better wear a helmet. :lol:

If you ever wondered why the national media is so divisive against the Knicks, look no further than half the country somehow thinking Reggie Miller is a good announcer and insurance/fast food pitchman.

I’m clearly out of touch because for the life of me I can’t understand how anyone could stand listening/seeing him.

FWIW I met Reggie once courtside at the Garden and asked if he would FaceTime briefly with my dad who was literally on his death bed watching the game at a Manhattan hospital. His partner Kevin Harlan was gracious, said hi to my dad and sent well wishes. Reggie didn’t just say no, he flat out ignored me and refused to acknowledge my presence or my dad on FaceTime (literally a dying man in the hospital a couple miles away). He heard the entire convo with Harlan and pretended it wasn’t happening. World class d-bag.

Wow...sorry to hear that. I never liked Reggie but also never realized he was a real Douchebag.

Yeah he's really insufferable. He definitely got his notoriety through his fortunate play against the Knicks. He should be more gracious to the organization and fans. :lol:
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,882

Post#290 » by Wildcat » Wed May 8, 2024 11:59 am

HopelessKnick wrote:BTW anyone else think Mitch needs to lose some weight? He has really bulked up a lot, a lot of heavy upper body muscle which may put too much stress on his feet.

He bulked prior, but the injury required him to be off his feet, so he probably weight lifted on top of being "fat" because he couldn't cardio.
Lord Commander
Head Coach

Post#291 » by Lord Commander » Wed May 8, 2024 12:02 pm

Yep. I didn't think he had the body type to put on significant weight. Boy was I wrong. I guess it's a catch 22; he can't maintain an ideal weight because he's always injured.
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,882

Post#292 » by Wildcat » Wed May 8, 2024 12:03 pm

Damn. I went to asleep feeling great about tonight. Sad to hear about Mitch, but you know what, it's all good. We get to see Precious out there. The Knicks really are the Wounded Brigade, man. Randle, Mitch, Bog, Alec (maybe). Someone needs to step up. We're missing Deuce. A healthy Robinson off the bench next season at 20+ minutes is going to be surreal for us and for his body.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,637

Post#293 » by Fat Kat » Wed May 8, 2024 12:28 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,873

Post#294 » by duetta » Wed May 8, 2024 12:37 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:It's crazy how Embiid was given the green light to injure players.

Knicks should petition the league to have Embiid suspended at the start of next season. Robinson's injury is directly related to Embiid's dirty play.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,481

Post#295 » by Clyde_Style » Wed May 8, 2024 12:51 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:F*ck Reggie Miller!

Every time Miller's face is on the screen I want you to yell "Quark!" and do a shot
ImageImageImage
will
RealGM
And1: 50,012
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#296 » by will » Wed May 8, 2024 12:54 pm

duetta wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:It's crazy how Embiid was given the green light to injure players.

Knicks should petition the league to have Embiid suspended at the start of next season. Robinson's injury is directly related to Embiid's dirty play.

Wishful thinking to have Silver suspend one of faces of the NBA to start the season for the reason given :lol:
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,315

Post#297 » by MrDollarBills » Wed May 8, 2024 12:54 pm

duetta wrote:

The league won't do it.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,518

Post#298 » by BigShot Bojan » Wed May 8, 2024 12:57 pm

Pretty excited about precious …prepare for Chewsanity!
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,879

Post#299 » by cgmw » Wed May 8, 2024 1:00 pm

Wildcat wrote:

He bulked prior, but the injury required him to be off his feet, so he probably weight lifted on top of being "fat" because he couldn't cardio.

If 99% of my potential lifetime earnings of upwards of maybe $100,000,000 could be effected, I’d hire a damn nutritionist and jump in a pool to get cardio.

It was stupid to the point of negligence for him to come back that big on a broken ankle. He wouldn’t be the first big man to lose his entire career over being too big to play basketball on human feet.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Lord Commander
Head Coach

Post#300 » by Lord Commander » Wed May 8, 2024 1:04 pm

BigShot Bojan wrote:Pretty excited about precious …prepare for Chewsanity!

Me too. I think he has the tools and the motivation to wreak havoc on Indy. He might not have much of an offensive game, but his D is elite, and he's a great help defender. As long as he doesn't try to do too much, and just focus on rim-running, put-backs, lobs and such, he's more than adequate offensively.

Return to New York Knicks