ImageImageImageImageImage

The Knicks Injury Report thread.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,867

Re: The Knicks Injury Report thread. 

Post#301 » by cgf » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:38 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
cgf wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Julius makes more than enough to afford a better tennis coach. Unless I'm still half-asleep and forgetting which shoulder he hurt, so that that swing is being restricted by his injury lol.

right shoulder.

i mean, wrong shoulder. and, right shoulder.

That's what I thought, there's no excuse for someone interested in tennis who earns what JuJu does to have a stroke like that. We're not talking about Chuck's golfswing, but holy hell is there room for improvement :lol:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,699

Post#302 » by HopelessKnick » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:14 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
cgf wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Julius makes more than enough to afford a better tennis coach. Unless I'm still half-asleep and forgetting which shoulder he hurt, so that that swing is being restricted by his injury lol.

right shoulder.

For me the biggest take away from Julius posting this video is that he is definitely going to be back this season......if he felt he was miles away, let alone consider season ending surgery, I'd imagine at this point he'd be refraining from posting such videos.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,929

Post#303 » by KnixinSix » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:44 pm

HopelessKnick wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
cgf wrote:

right shoulder.

For me the biggest take away from Julius posting this video is that he is definitely going to be back this season......if he felt he was miles away, let alone consider season ending surgery, I'd imagine at this point he'd be refraining from posting such videos.

The issue is contact. This is a gray area. We dont know just how quickly his shoulder will heal to the point where he csn take full NBA contact and banging of that shoulder. At one point we thought his progress was such that he might return like 2nd week of March (a few games ago) . Now its an entire unknown. In this case no news is BAD news as if his shoulder was clearly better and taking heavier contact it would likely have been reported.

Bottomline we are waiting for that shoulder to progress where its clear he can take heavier contact without pain or at least much more tolerable pain or soreness.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,699

Post#304 » by HopelessKnick » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:18 pm

KnixinSix wrote:
HopelessKnick wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
right shoulder.

The issue is contact. This is a gray area. We dont know just how quickly his shoulder will heal to the point where he csn take full NBA contact and banging of that shoulder. At one point we thought his progress was such that he might return like 2nd week of March (a few games ago) . Now its an entire unknown. In this case no news is BAD news as if his shoulder was clearly better and taking heavier contact it would likely have been reported.

Bottomline we are waiting for that shoulder to progress where its clear he can take heavier contact without pain or at least much more tolerable pain or soreness.

I don't disagree with your basic point. But if you were in JR's shoes and say your shoulder wasn't progressing which at this point would likely have you in doubt about playing again this season, would you be posting such updates on Instagram?

I guess everything is possible but I for one would not be posting videos of me working out etc. if I didn't think I was coming back ....
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,929

Post#305 » by KnixinSix » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:38 pm

HopelessKnick wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:
HopelessKnick wrote:

I don't disagree with your basic point. But if you were in JR's shoes and say your shoulder wasn't progressing which at this point would likely have you in doubt about playing again this season, would you be posting such updates on Instagram?

I guess everything is possible but I for one would not be posting videos of me working out etc. if I didn't think I was coming back ....

He most DEFINITELY is hoping and believing he will return. He hasn't given up hope thats for sure. If/ when he comes back remains unknown though. Who knows we could get news tomorrow its going to happen soon. Or they may hold him until last possible second to allow as much healing as possible while not jeopardizing him ramping up for the playoffs. I.e something like 5-7 games left in the season.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,321

Post#306 » by Besart19 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:19 pm

with a full healthy squad potentially we at least reach the NBA Finals
Strength and Honour!
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,628

Post#307 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:04 pm

I hate this thread!! It needs to go away forever!!!!
:beer: RIP mags
The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,409

Post#308 » by The Lamma » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:57 pm

ESPN Injury Status page still estimating a March 23 return for Ju and Mitchell, fwiw

That would be Saturday against the East Rutherford Nets
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,105

Post#309 » by Im Coming Home » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:44 pm

Not a great update on OG. I think its likely just inflamed again and he'll have to let it heal a little more. I don't think this "injury" is something that he can "re-injure".

Read on Twitter
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,526

Post#310 » by EnigmatiC » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:51 am

Was gonna say it may be best to just punt the year at this point and let guys get healthy but you know OG and Mitch will miss significant time next year too.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,612

Post#311 » by Fat Kat » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:04 am

EnigmatiC wrote:Was gonna say it may be best to just punt the year at this point and let guys get healthy but you know OG and Mitch will miss significant time next year too.

Well I guess if you live long enough, you'll see that every victory turns into a defeat.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,105

Post#312 » by Im Coming Home » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:04 am

Im Coming Home wrote:Not a great update on OG. I think its likely just inflamed again and he'll have to let it heal a little more. I don't think this "injury" is something that he can "re-injure".

Read on Twitter

Semi-positive news is the MRI came up clean. Negative news is OG will likely miss tonight's game and at least the Denver game.

Read on Twitter
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,465

Post#313 » by spree8 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:08 am

At this point just sit him til the playoffs
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,628

Post#314 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:14 am

Fuq fuq fuq! We can't have nice things!!!

:beer: RIP mags
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,808

Post#315 » by FrozenEnvelope » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:18 am

It's all Thibs fault.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,285

Post#316 » by seren » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:19 am

I hate Thibs. It is his fault and you can’t convince me otherwise
Galou
Pro Prospect
And1: 647

Post#317 » by Galou » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:22 am

*sigh

I hate injuries man.
F$+*k the Nets.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 93,243

Post#318 » by Capn'O » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:30 am

The Lamma wrote:ESPN Injury Status page still estimating a March 23 return for Ju and Mitchell, fwiw

That would be Saturday against the East Rutherford Nets

Nice of them to give us a tuneup.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Galvationknicks
Head Coach