ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one!

Moderators: NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,483

Re: Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one! 

Post#361 » by Clyde_Style » Fri May 10, 2024 6:56 am

Capn'O wrote:Daignault pulled his starters with 30 seconds left. Thibs rolling over in his grave.

To Thibs that's malpractice
ImageImageImage
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,329

Post#362 » by Besart19 » Fri May 10, 2024 10:41 am

god shammgod wrote:donovan looks great

He will look even better with us

Bojan, Sims, Rokas and 5 picks (3 protected)... only McBride can be sacrificed in a deal with Smith Jr being a Free agent and Donte who shall be a backup 2
Strength and Honour!
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,166

Post#363 » by thebuzzardman » Fri May 10, 2024 11:57 am

Cleveland vs Indianapolis in Eastern Finals.

Silver's wet dream.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#364 » by thebuzzardman » Fri May 10, 2024 12:00 pm

Strick wrote:The Celtics look very much beatable. I hope it goes 6 or 7 at least. Let OG heal up (fingers crossed) and the entire team get some more deserved rest

OG is done for the year. He never heals quickly.

Think he risks his FA year, his chance at a truly big payday? OG not wired that way. He'll rest until 100% healthy. Which is several weeks from now.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#365 » by thebuzzardman » Fri May 10, 2024 12:05 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Why is Doncic allowed to dig his shoulder into the chest of a defender - after he’s picked up his dribble - in order to create space to get off his shot? That should be an offensive foul.

Players have been lowering their shoulder into defenders for years in the NBA. It used to be a foul, but that was a long time ago.

When it's SUPER egregious, or some betting line needs to be maintained, then it will get randomly called on someone once a game.

NBA rule book is a loose set of guidelines.

Or it's the bible in the hands of a new protestant church: very open to interpretation, and some parts get extremely focused on, while other parts that used to be important get totally ignored. :D
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,218

Post#366 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri May 10, 2024 12:11 pm

Besart19 wrote:

Bojan, Sims, Rokas and 5 picks (3 protected)... only McBride can be sacrificed in a deal with Smith Jr being a Free agent and Donte who shall be a backup 2

Dsjr?? Yes
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,218

Post#367 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri May 10, 2024 12:59 pm

This is next level stanning lol
Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,368

Post#368 » by matchman » Fri May 10, 2024 1:02 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Cleveland vs Indianapolis in Eastern Finals.

Silver's wet dream.

Scoring will be 165 to 158 in avg. :o
Are you fans of the team or the player?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,654

Post#369 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri May 10, 2024 1:14 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Why is Doncic allowed to dig his shoulder into the chest of a defender - after he’s picked up his dribble - in order to create space to get off his shot? That should be an offensive foul.

Players have been lowering their shoulder into defenders for years in the NBA. It used to be a foul, but that was a long time ago.

When it's SUPER egregious, or some betting line needs to be maintained, then it will get randomly called on someone once a game.

NBA rule book is a loose set of guidelines.

Or it's the bible in the hands of a new protestant church: very open to interpretation, and some parts get extremely focused on, while other parts that used to be important get totally ignored. :D

I can see a little nudge from the offensive player during the course of a making a move but Luka was done making his move, picked up his dribble and when he realized that he was stuck, lowered his shoulder into the defender and created about 3 feet of space for him to get off that jumper … and the ref was standing right there. It was egregious.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,654

Post#370 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri May 10, 2024 1:17 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Strick wrote:The Celtics look very much beatable. I hope it goes 6 or 7 at least. Let OG heal up (fingers crossed) and the entire team get some more deserved rest

OG is done for the year. He never heals quickly.

Think he risks his FA year, his chance at a truly big payday? OG not wired that way. He'll rest until 100% healthy. Which is several weeks from now.

We’re still giving OG his money even if he misses the rest of the playoffs.
Free Palestine
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 6,055

Post#371 » by Richard4444 » Fri May 10, 2024 1:28 pm

Besart19 wrote:

I think we need more salary fillers to be legal. About 14M (Mitch, Donte, or Randle).

Anyway, I think we do not have a shot without giving Deuce too.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
kNicksGmen
Analyst
And1: 530

Post#372 » by kNicksGmen » Fri May 10, 2024 1:41 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
Besart19 wrote:

I think we need more salary fillers to be legal. About 14M (Mitch, Donte, or Randle).

others have mentioned it but throw in Deuce and the salary to make it work and get back okoro.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,788

Post#373 » by Lord Commander » Fri May 10, 2024 1:53 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
Besart19 wrote:

They won't break up the 'Nova Bros.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,372

Post#374 » by SelbyCobra » Fri May 10, 2024 1:56 pm

Read on Twitter
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,602

Post#375 » by sol537 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:01 pm

McBride, Mitch, Bogs, and couple of firsts. Slightly weaker package than they gave up to get Spida, but the situations are different now…
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,352

Post#376 » by TrueWarrior » Fri May 10, 2024 2:15 pm

sol537 wrote:McBride, Mitch, Bogs, and couple of firsts. Slightly weaker package than they gave up to get Spida, but the situations are different now…

You guys have to see that the Cavs would not accept this.

Deuce is a solid young player, but not the centerpiece to a star trade.

Bojan is 35, injured, and clearly declining. He’s basically salary filler.

Mitch is always injured, overweight, and has not developed. They also have Allen and Mobley so he’d have to be shipped to a 3rd team.

While our picks would theoretically be late 1sts for the next 5 years, so not much value unless we give up picks way down the line.

The only way getting Donovan makes some sense is to trade Julius for him, since we wouldn’t have enough defense or shots for everyone otherwise. Gotta throw Deuce in too since his role would be gone anyway.

So Julius and Deuce for Donovan. However the Cavs have to make a decision on the Allen/Mobley front court, because obviously Julius would need to start or be traded to a 3rd team.

Like I keep saying, I think we will just run it back with Julius. Maybe add Rokas and another wing. See what we can get for Mitch, Deuce, and Bojan but unless a superstar demands out I dont see much there for us.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#377 » by thebuzzardman » Fri May 10, 2024 2:50 pm

Adelheid wrote:poor tobias harris - at the tail end of his career and reduced to being a meme

you dont want to be remembered leaving a legacy as lame as this, dawg

People always want to tear down the greats once they falter.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,971

Post#378 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:53 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:
sol537 wrote:McBride, Mitch, Bogs, and couple of firsts. Slightly weaker package than they gave up to get Spida, but the situations are different now…

Mitch is always injured, overweight, and has not developed. They also have Allen and Mobley so he’d have to be shipped to a 3rd team.

While our picks would theoretically be late 1sts for the next 5 years, so not much value unless we give up picks way down the line.

The only way getting Donovan makes some sense is to trade Julius for him, since we wouldn’t have enough defense or shots for everyone otherwise. Gotta throw Deuce in too since his role would be gone anyway.

So Julius and Deuce for Donovan. However the Cavs have to make a decision on the Allen/Mobley front court, because obviously Julius would need to start or be traded to a 3rd team.

Like I keep saying, I think we will just run it back with Julius. Maybe add Rokas and another wing. See what we can get for Mitch, Deuce, and Bojan but unless a superstar demands out I dont see much there for us.

There is a chance the deal is a 3-way with someone like Murray going to CLE, but Cavs are going to get competitive offers for Spida this summer. McBride, Mitch and picks is not too impressive. Nets can probably beat that with Cam Johnson as a focal point.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,252

Post#379 » by Spree2Houston » Fri May 10, 2024 3:05 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:

To add on to this

Why would Cleveland take a package ( Bojan, Mitch and picks) where it would make their team weaker which would simultaneously hand over superior picks to Ainge and Cleveland receiving inferior picks from NY because we would be picking low. Someone explain the logic lol
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,602

Post#380 » by sol537 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:10 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:
TrueWarrior wrote:

To add on to this

Why would Cleveland take a package ( Bojan, Mitch and picks) where it would make their team weaker which would simultaneously hand over superior picks to Ainge and Cleveland receiving inferior picks from NY because we would be picking low. Someone explain the logic lol

The logic is as simple as this... Spida says he's opting out and becoming a free agent... every day that passes, his value drops further and everyone knows he wants NYK so the teams willing to give up bigger packages dwindle to near zero.

What did TOR get for Siakam?

Return to New York Knicks