ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,388

Re: 2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 

Post#381 » by DaGawd » Tue May 14, 2024 1:30 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:First time reading up on this draft this morning and a lot of mocks have us taking Edey which makes sense.

would be wild if he turned into jokic
BaF
Washington Wizards
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,840

Post#382 » by Knicksfan1992 » Tue May 14, 2024 1:44 pm

Love the idea of Thibs getting a chance to develop Daron Holmes. Watched him live and he has a pro-ready frame and even though he's raw offensively, he doesn't look uncomfortable with the ball in his hands. Just needs some reps and pro-seasoning to develop on that end. Defensively, I think he has a chance to be close to elite. With a 9'1" standing reach and good movement ability, he'll be able to both switch and protect the rim defensively at the next level IMO. He sort of reminds me of Nic Claxton but, I think Holmes will fill out his body more than Claxton has.

Could be a way for the Knicks to cheaply replace Precious and also provide decent C insurance.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 46,189

Post#383 » by dakomish23 » Tue May 14, 2024 3:44 pm

Trade for Sarr. Swing for the fences

https://youtu.be/?si=AnWqgn4fQOSqaod_
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Post#384 » by stuporman » Tue May 14, 2024 4:24 pm

Knicks need to start developing some quality and dynamic depth but unfortunately I have no confidence in the Knicks using the draft as a way to do that unless it's trading away draft picks for veterans.

The draft lottery almost completely slipped past me this weekend and I guess that's a good thing because the Knicks didn't have any participation in it.

That being said how funny would it be if the Knicks take Edey, you know Thibs would love the old school center who's an older prospect meaning he'd be more mature and ready to contribute.

It would also make every Knicks fan angry so that makes perfect sense.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#385 » by moocow007 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:51 pm

dakomish23 wrote:Tristan da Silva. I really like the way he moves off the ball. Can bomb from deep with ease. Very comfortable with the ball in his hands to attack a close out or work the PnR to get a good shot from anywhere. Willing passer. Good defender.

Not an amazing athlete otherwise I think he’d be a lock for the lottery in this weak draft class. Won’t be surprised if he ends up on the Spurs somehow

https://youtu.be/?si=qeAn3L7d2jXt5tGu

Yeah I've already mentioned him a few times in this thread. Extremely smart and instinctive player with a really nice mix of skills. He's the type of player that winning teams have and play.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#386 » by moocow007 » Tue May 14, 2024 4:52 pm

The Knicks have room on their roster for "developmental" guys as well as contribute soon guys. Draft guys that have high potential AND the mental "nature" to want to learn and work hard. They need to stay away from the Trevor Keels types. Product HS players that don't really project well to the NBA in any way. Those players are useless.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,561

Post#387 » by sol537 » Tue May 14, 2024 7:43 pm

What if we draft two 6'7"-6'8" 3&D wings to develop behind OG/Hart and then we use our #38 to draft... wait for it... Bronny James.

The reason would be two-fold... Bronny James could one day develop into a 5-10 minute 3&D bench guy, given his pedigree and athleticism. Maybe not. Secondly, maybe Lebron comes over the season after next "for free" to bolster our bench... and to ring chase.
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,967

Post#388 » by nykballa2k4 » Tue May 14, 2024 10:10 pm

blue and orange wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
blue and orange wrote:Draft Cam Spencer ;pp=ygULY2FtIHNwZW5jZXI%3D

I genuinely have no idea why Spencer and Karaban are higher on draft boards than Triston Newton.

Newton can play elite defense and hit the open 3. ft% suggests he will continue to improve from deep. He has a lot of Deuce in his game.

Ya I don’t get it either, watch he goes to a playoff team and makes the league look dumb and we know it’s not gonna be the Knicks. Karaban might stay another year will wait right till the deadline.

Probably the Heat.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,120

Post#389 » by thebuzzardman » Wed May 15, 2024 2:02 pm

If it only took Sims and 1 FRP for Eason, would anyone do it? I surely would.

Then again, the Rockets would probably tell the Knicks to f*ck off
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 8,132

Post#390 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:02 pm

I went from being disgusted by the thought of drafting Edey to being really intrigued by it all cuz of the combine. Probably should get too excited about guys doing the shuttle run and shooting drills in empty gyms but here I am. Maybe it’s completely irrational but I think he’ll be able to shoot 3’s in the nba. If you have good touch and are a decent free throw shooter, there’s a solid chance that a jumper isn’t too far away. He kept getting better every year in college and it wasn’t a random jump on production. Might need someone to talk me off the ledge.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager

Post#391 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:03 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:Love the idea of Thibs getting a chance to develop Daron Holmes. Watched him live and he has a pro-ready frame and even though he's raw offensively, he doesn't look uncomfortable with the ball in his hands. Just needs some reps and pro-seasoning to develop on that end. Defensively, I think he has a chance to be close to elite. With a 9'1" standing reach and good movement ability, he'll be able to both switch and protect the rim defensively at the next level IMO. He sort of reminds me of Nic Claxton but, I think Holmes will fill out his body more than Claxton has.

Could be a way for the Knicks to cheaply replace Precious and also provide decent C insurance.

At the combine he shot 18/25 from 3. Probably doesn’t mean anything but there might be a chance he could develop as shooter.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,740

Post#392 » by DOT » Wed May 15, 2024 5:50 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:I went from being disgusted by the thought of drafting Edey to being really intrigued by it all cuz of the combine. Probably should get too excited about guys doing the shuttle run and shooting drills in empty gyms but here I am. Maybe it’s completely irrational but I think he’ll be able to shoot 3’s in the nba. If you have good touch and are a decent free throw shooter, there’s a solid chance that a jumper isn’t too far away. He kept getting better every year in college and it wasn’t a random jump on production. Might need someone to talk me off the ledge.

I think 20s is a good spot for him, just as long as we're not trading up to do so

He'll have a role in the NBA, but I don't exactly trust athletic testing. Plenty of guys are great empty gym athletes but aren't functional, can't bring it onto the court. Same way you can't really trust the NFL combine numbers when they don't match up with the eye test

I think it depends on what we do with iHart, cause if we're paying him and Mitch a ton of money, investing a 1st into a 3rd string C isn't great asset management, even if we put it in context that Mitch is always hurt.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,561

Post#393 » by sol537 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:54 pm

DOT wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:I went from being disgusted by the thought of drafting Edey to being really intrigued by it all cuz of the combine. Probably should get too excited about guys doing the shuttle run and shooting drills in empty gyms but here I am. Maybe it’s completely irrational but I think he’ll be able to shoot 3’s in the nba. If you have good touch and are a decent free throw shooter, there’s a solid chance that a jumper isn’t too far away. He kept getting better every year in college and it wasn’t a random jump on production. Might need someone to talk me off the ledge.

I think 20s is a good spot for him, just as long as we're not trading up to do so

He'll have a role in the NBA, but I don't exactly trust athletic testing. Plenty of guys are great empty gym athletes but aren't functional, can't bring it onto the court. Same way you can't really trust the NFL combine numbers when they don't match up with the eye test

I think it depends on what we do with iHart, cause if we're paying him and Mitch a ton of money, investing a 1st into a 3rd string C isn't great asset management, even if we put it in context that Mitch is always hurt.

Edy could be insurance for a long-term Mitch trade... and we use Precious as a "cheap" interim stopgap until Edy is ready to play minutes...
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 5,011

Post#394 » by 8516knicks » Wed May 15, 2024 6:11 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:Love the idea of Thibs getting a chance to develop Daron Holmes. Watched him live and he has a pro-ready frame and even though he's raw offensively, he doesn't look uncomfortable with the ball in his hands. Just needs some reps and pro-seasoning to develop on that end. Defensively, I think he has a chance to be close to elite. With a 9'1" standing reach and good movement ability, he'll be able to both switch and protect the rim defensively at the next level IMO. He sort of reminds me of Nic Claxton but, I think Holmes will fill out his body more than Claxton has.

Tankathon has him in our range and he has plusses in almost all categories. Makes his FTs, shoots 3s and 7'1" wingspan. :D
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager

Post#395 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Wed May 15, 2024 7:52 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

couple of guys that I think we should draft that showed up and scrimmaged at the combine.
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#396 » by 8516knicks » Wed May 15, 2024 8:16 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

couple of guys that I think we should draft that showed up and scrimmaged at the combine.

If we get Nikola and he plays well, we can rename MSG "Jurisic Park" :lol:
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager

Post#397 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Wed May 15, 2024 8:26 pm

DOT wrote:

Pretty much agree with all of this. I was convinced that they were going to draft a big for a while but with how good Ihart has been I'd imagine they'd have to try to sign him. Maybe that means Mitch is included in whatever trade Bojan is involved in than Edey could be his replacement. He just fits a lot of stuff that thibs likes too. He's a drop coverage big that can protect the rim and sets great screens. I do think with Edey's improvements in athletic testing, also coincided with better play on the court. He looked more fluid and flexible this season. It just convinced me that there's a real bench role for him in the NBA and not just being a carnival attraction like Boban or Bol Bol.
8516knicks
Head Coach

Post#398 » by 8516knicks » Wed May 15, 2024 8:48 pm

With his inability to stay on the court, Mitch is becoming the new Joakim Noah.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,624

Post#399 » by Fat Kat » Thu May 16, 2024 10:43 am

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
ezmoney707
General Manager
And1: 2,974

Post#400 » by ezmoney707 » Thu May 16, 2024 1:20 pm

You can throw out every single mock draft for this draft, players projected 2nd round could easily be mid 1st to late lottery, especially once team workouts start. I don’t think anyone should be considered a reach at this point.

Return to New York Knicks