ImageImageImageImageImage

General Rock Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Re: General Rock Thread 

Post#41 » by bearadonisdna » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:41 am

Total eclipse of the off-season :
After a historically bad signing I need the FO more than ever.

vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,088

Post#42 » by vallen » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:37 pm

There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
NotAKnicksFan
Senior
And1: 544

Post#43 » by NotAKnicksFan » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:51 am

I just was at the Rage against the machine concert at MSG
Great seats, and the players lounge suite.

I saw James Dolan a few feet away from me midway through the concert
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,628

Post#44 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:43 pm

Heading to PA right now to see old friends I haven't seen in pretty much a decade.... and going to Ted Nugent concert this weekend. Wango Tango!!
:beer: RIP mags
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#45 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:27 am

I'm gonna be a "roadie" for ELP tomorrow. Setting up video walls for a concert. Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends! Oooh what a lucky man he was!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,540

Post#46 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:42 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:I'm gonna be a "roadie" for ELP tomorrow. Setting up video walls for a concert. Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends! Oooh what a lucky man he was!

Except that Keith Emerson is dead. He committed suicide in 2016 from depression. He developed nerve problems in his hands and couldn’t play the keyboards anymore.

Maybe they found another keyboardist whose last name begins with the letter “E”.

One of my favorite albums growing up was Trilogy. I play Greg Lake’s song “From The Beginning” off that album. Tell Greg I said “Hey!”

Anyhow, don’t forget to lift with your legs and not your back.
Free Palestine
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#47 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:02 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:I'm gonna be a "roadie" for ELP tomorrow. Setting up video walls for a concert. Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends! Oooh what a lucky man he was!

Except that Keith Emerson is dead. He committed suicide in 2016 from depression. He developed nerve problems in his hands and couldn’t play the keyboards anymore.

Maybe they found another keyboardist whose last name begins with the letter “E”.

One of my favorite albums growing up was Trilogy. I play Greg Lake’s song “From The Beginning” off that album. Tell Greg I said “Hey!”

Emerson and Lake are dead since 2016. The video walls we are building will be live footage of them from an old concert while Palmer plays the drums with his tribute band from what I understand.

From the beginning is a great song. I used to play a terrible acoustic version of it once in a while on my guitar. I got a call from an old friend out of the blue who asked if I was Interested. Well... yeah. Duh. :lol: I figured it would be a cool experience. I'm gonna be dead tired though because I haven't slept. I have to be up in 3.5 hours to go do this. Power nap time.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,414

Post#48 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:47 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:

From The Beginning is a magnificent song

I also like Jerusalem and Lucky Man
ImageImageImage
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#49 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:06 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Emerson and Lake are dead since 2016. The video walls we are building will be live footage of them from an old concert while Palmer plays the drums with his tribute band from what I understand.

From the beginning is a great song. I used to play a terrible acoustic version of it once in a while on my guitar. I got a call from an old friend out of the blue who asked if I was Interested. Well... yeah. Duh. :lol: I figured it would be a cool experience. I'm gonna be dead tired though because I haven't slept. I have to be up in 3.5 hours to go do this. Power nap time.

Oh wow, that does sound interesting. Never heard of that before.

I didn’t know that Greg Lake also died. That’s a bummer. I did see some videos of him playing in recent years before his death and he didn’t look that good. RIP.

Give us the review when you get the chance.
Free Palestine
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,127

Post#50 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:46 pm

I'm pretty big on shoegaze, hope yall don't mind me sharing

BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#51 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:48 pm

I love these play through videos from Deftones' guitarist Stef Carpenter, I've recently started teaching myself how to play so these have been a help (i suck tho, carpal tunnel makes my hands go numb after awhile and i have to stop).

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,337

Post#52 » by DaGawd » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:02 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I'm pretty big on shoegaze, hope yall don't mind me sharing

MrDollarBills wrote:

I love these play through videos from Deftones' guitarist Stef Carpenter, I've recently started teaching myself how to play so these have been a help (i suck tho, carpal tunnel makes my hands go numb after awhile and i have to stop).

BaF
Washington Wizards
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#53 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:06 pm

DaGawd wrote:

MrDollarBills wrote:

Too soft?

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,337

Post#54 » by DaGawd » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:10 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

MrDollarBills wrote:

Too soft?

lol don’t mind me i don’t belong in this thread. just didn’t think this was your type of music fam
BaF
Washington Wizards
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#55 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:17 pm

DaGawd wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

Too soft?

lol don’t mind me i don’t belong in this thread. just didn’t think this was your type of music fam

Nah i figured that :lol: i get that all the time

I listen to all kinds of music, rap, rock, reggae, electronic.

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,414

Post#56 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:37 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Too soft?

Nah i figured that :lol: i get that all the time

I listen to all kinds of music, rap, rock, reggae, electronic.

My new group is called My Bloody St. Etienne Pixie Wire Bad Brains
ImageImageImage
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#57 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:36 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

I didn’t know that Greg Lake also died. That’s a bummer. I did see some videos of him playing in recent years before his death and he didn’t look that good. RIP.

Holy Shyt bro!!! Fuggin amazing day! Carl Palmer is a douchebag but, what a fugging amazing show. I got paid to be there and see the show! He's phenomenal drummer. I had the time of my life! I'm in another realm right now. Drum solo into From the beginning and then followed by Lucky man at the end of the show. Hour and forty minutes no intermission. I sat wherever I wanted to. Backstage was sick. I watched the whole band up there on those screens I helped put together. I'll never forget this day ever.

He's a dick bag though. Hung out with him backstage for a bit. He was a stale loaf of bread. Didn't thank any of us for helping set everything up and then taking it down. No happy holidays or any kind words really. I told him the show was amazing...he said.... yeah. I didn't even want to take pics with him or anything he was such a douche. I walked away from him after a bit.

The show and the experience was awesome though. His roadies thanked me a million times for the job I did. We were hanging and laughing and doing Bugs bunny quotes and telling funny life stories. Two of them were really cool to hang out with. Everyone else on his crew were sorta dicks. I spent 14 fugging hours at that theater. He was a dick for the entire time.

All in all though... I wouldn't change it for the world. Great interesting experience and such a fun time. I'm exhausted and can't sleep from the adrenaline rush. Trying to drink myself to sleep right now.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#58 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:48 am

Cool shyt. Deftones are great too. I listen to any and all music genres but .. today's rap loses me most of the time. I'm old school 80s 90s rap fan. I listen to everything though. Self taught myself as well. Multiple instruments. I take disco songs and make them acoustic rock songs. Old 80s pop songs too. Some of today's pop too. I love playing pumped up kicks and I can't feel my face in the acoustic. Music makes life better. I'm also into much harder shyt too like Corrosion Of Conformity. Circle Jerks. Ministry. Iron maiden. Etc etc. Hall and Oates too. You name it.

Keep learning and just play until it hurts. Then rest.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#59 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:05 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Holy Shyt bro!!! Fuggin amazing day! Carl Palmer is a douchebag but, what a fugging amazing show. I got paid to be there and see the show! He's phenomenal drummer. I had the time of my life! I'm in another realm right now. Drum solo into From the beginning and then followed by Lucky man at the end of the show. Hour and forty minutes no intermission. I sat wherever I wanted to. Backstage was sick. I watched the whole band up there on those screens I helped put together. I'll never forget this day ever.

He's a dick bag though. Hung out with him backstage for a bit. He was a stale loaf of bread. Didn't thank any of us for helping set everything up and then taking it down. No happy holidays or any kind words really. I told him the show was amazing...he said.... yeah. I didn't even want to take pics with him or anything he was such a douche. I walked away from him after a bit.

The show and the experience was awesome though. His roadies thanked me a million times for the job I did. We were hanging and laughing and doing Bugs bunny quotes and telling funny life stories. Two of them were really cool to hang out with. Everyone else on his crew were sorta dicks. I spent 14 fugging hours at that theater. He was a dick for the entire time.

All in all though... I wouldn't change it for the world. Great interesting experience and such a fun time. I'm exhausted and can't sleep from the adrenaline rush. Trying to drink myself to sleep right now.

Wow. Amazing. That's a shame about Palmer. A lot of these rock stars get beaten down over the years. Some are just ass-holes. I remember when Stephen Still and his band - that included Bonnie Bramlett on vocals - played at my college. I've always been a huge fan of his, even to this day. The guys was so immensely talented. So, I was at the show and that it was great. (I had also taken my first half-hit of acid late that afternoon. Great experience.) Anyhow, a day or two later, a friend of mine who worked on the Social Committee which sets up for these shows, said that Stills was the biggest slob, ahole, cokehead, jerk he'd ever met. That he was completely fcked up for the show and that he could barely stand. I was sitting 10 rows from the stage with some friends and we couldn't tell.

Getting back to your gig, so was it an entire band - with Palmer as the only original - playing ELP music or was it film clips with Palmer playing along with it? I'm a little confused about that. Oh, where was the show at?
Free Palestine
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#60 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:22 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Wow. Amazing. That's a shame about Palmer. A lot of these rock stars get beaten down over the years. Some are just ass-holes. I remember when Stephen Still and his band - that included Bonnie Bramlett on vocals - played at my college. I've always been a huge fan of his, even to this day. The guys was so immensely talented. So, I was at the show and that it was great. (I had also taken my first half-hit of acid late that afternoon. Great experience.) Anyhow, a day or two later, a friend of mine who worked on the Social Committee which sets up for these shows, said that Stills was the biggest slob, ahole, cokehead, jerk he'd ever met. That he was completely fcked up for the show and that he could barely stand. I was sitting 10 rows from the stage with some friends and we couldn't tell.

Getting back to your gig, so was it an entire band - with Palmer as the only original - playing ELP music or was it film clips with Palmer playing along with it? I'm a little confused about that. Oh, where was the show at?

It was Carl and two amazing musicians. One played guitar the other a bass and some wild instrument I can't remember the name of but it was a something stick with like 10 strings on it. They played with him for some songs. Tarkus and Benny the Bouncer :lol: . A few others. In between that they played some instrumental solo songs that were truly amazing and very ELP like. In between that it was Carl playing drums with footage and music masters of an old Albert Hall concert with Emerson and Lake on the screens with the drums removed. Some of those songs one or both his band members played background in. Some it was just him.

Really an interesting/awesome concert. Felt like I just saw them live to a point. Patchogue Theater. It was about two thirds or so full. 600 ish people. Small venue. 100 year old building. Really cool shyt.

Return to New York Knicks