ImageImageImageImageImage

Upcoming Hartenstein free agency

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,321

Re: Upcoming Hartenstein extension 

Post#41 » by Besart19 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 5:59 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Sham if we extend ihart

Read on Twitter
?t=JFbi2Y1BJX9AW4O_CO7Giw&s=19

shams whole 2 yr long smear campaign has crashed and burned in about a month, it's beautiful.

I love Hart but that list is compromised with Dennis Smith and Reddish on it
movingon
Sixth Man
And1: 342

Post#42 » by movingon » Fri Feb 2, 2024 6:00 pm

douggood wrote:
movingon wrote:
douggood wrote:no, has to be 2-4 years

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q25

Of course It can be 1+1, i.e., 2nd year is a player option.

nope
here i will let NBA.com explain it to you
A contract signed using the Early Bird Exception must be for at least two seasons (not including any option year).

https://www.nba.com/news/free-agency-explained

gotcha, thanks!
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,349

Post#43 » by TrueWarrior » Fri Feb 2, 2024 6:00 pm

Besart19 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Sham if we extend ihart

Read on Twitter

shams whole 2 yr long smear campaign has crashed and burned in about a month, it's beautiful.

DSJ and Cam are legit great defenders this season though. They’re just awful on offense which cancel that out basically.

Isaiah is giving us solid offense with elite defense.

Here is the link to EPM, which many consider to be the best all-in-one advanced stat out there now:

https://dunksandthrees.com/epm
Besart19
RealGM

Post#44 » by Besart19 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 6:04 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:
Besart19 wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Read on Twitter

DSJ and Cam are legit great defenders this season though. They’re just awful on offense which cancel that out basically.

Isaiah is giving us solid offense with elite defense.

Here is the link to EPM, who many consider to be the best all-in-one advanced stat out there now:

https://dunksandthrees.com/epm

Team defense included?
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,086

Post#45 » by NYKinMIA » Fri Feb 2, 2024 6:04 pm

Meat wrote:
knicks94 wrote:Ihart seems like a guy who would take less money to stay on the Knicks.

based on what?

wishful thinking :lol:

seems like a good dude with a hot girl, what's a few million here or there.
Besart19
RealGM

Post#46 » by Besart19 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 6:08 pm

Hart / Achiuwa
Giannis / Hart
Anunoby / Hayward
Mitchell / Donte
Brunson / McBride
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 6,039

Post#47 » by Richard4444 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 6:31 pm

movingon wrote:
douggood wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
I didn't know that, can it be a 1+1?

no, has to be 2-4 years

Early Bird contracts must be at least two seasons in length, which prevents teams from using the Early Bird to sign a one-year contract, then signing the same player with the full Larry Bird exception the following season. Early Bird contracts can be up to four years in length,

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q25

Of course It can be 1+1, i.e., 2nd year is a player option.

I think If you give hum that Deal, he can veto nay trades.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 6,039

Post#48 » by Richard4444 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 6:35 pm

douggood wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:I believe he can only sign up to 15 m since he is early bird right? That's one of few mistakes Leon made in free agency.

If the Knicks promise him a starting role... I could see him sign a 1 year 15 m extension and then sign a bigger contract after next season. If not, he is gone because he deserves every penny and a starting spot.

This isn't to put down Mitch but we seriously need to talk about how injury prone he is. I love him but if he is missing 30+ games a year, he isn't reliable.

he cannot sign 1 year contract. has to be minimum 2 years for early bird right players.

Nice catch. I did nota know It.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,929

Post#49 » by KnixinSix » Fri Feb 2, 2024 6:47 pm

GONYK wrote:iHart is CAA. I would find it hard to believe that certain understandings aren't already in place.

That's not to say that some team can't come and offer him the MAX or something to lure him away. But I don't look around the landscape of the league and see a ton of teams with capspace, who want to dedicate most of it to a C, and are a better situation than NY.

Didn't realize he is CAA too. That is BIG. We probably have a good shot at keeping him. Love Mitch but He is so much more dynamic offensively than he is. I think at this point you trade Mitch and resign IHart.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,459

Post#50 » by Knicks Byke » Fri Feb 2, 2024 6:57 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
Meat wrote:
knicks94 wrote:Ihart seems like a guy who would take less money to stay on the Knicks.

based on what?

He appears to be a nice guy...

cash is king, king.
APE
Junior
And1: 555

Post#51 » by APE » Fri Feb 2, 2024 6:58 pm

League is gonna be big mad when the CAA guys take less to stay.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,628

Post#52 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Feb 2, 2024 6:59 pm

I am not worried about iHart. No one wants to leave this team. The chemistry and comradery are elite! The vibes are immaculate!! These guys really love and play for each other. I don't remember ever having this type of team. You just know RJ/IQ cry themselves to sleep at night!
:beer: RIP mags
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,959

Post#53 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:23 pm

GONYK wrote:iHart is CAA. I would find it hard to believe that certain understandings aren't already in place.

That's not to say that some team can't come and offer him the MAX or something to lure him away. But I don't look around the landscape of the league and see a ton of teams with capspace, who want to dedicate most of it to a C, and are a better situation than NY.

Kind of how I felt. If there was a feeling that he would not be affordable or a deal could not be worked out (like Joe Smith but quieter and less obvious) then he probably would be getting traded while his value is at its peak. Rose knows what it would take to keep him.

Does he sign a 2 year 30M (or whatever the max we can give him with early birds) with a player option to opt out when he has full birds?

4/80 should be easily on the table assuming he continues playing this way though I will say the achillies could scare some away from a long-term arrangement.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#54 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:24 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:I am not worried about iHart. No one wants to leave this team. The chemistry and comradery are elite! The vibes are immaculate!! These guys really love and play for each other. I don't remember ever having this type of team. You just know RJ/IQ cry themselves to sleep at night!

IQ is going to sign a contract with Philly this summer, he is going to be alright :lol:
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#55 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:25 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:I am not worried about iHart. No one wants to leave this team. The chemistry and comradery are elite! The vibes are immaculate!! These guys really love and play for each other. I don't remember ever having this type of team. You just know RJ/IQ cry themselves to sleep at night!

IQ is going to sign a contract with Philly this summer, he is going to be alright :lol:

Really? They are about to fall apart.
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#56 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:30 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

Depends what they do. I think that they would be wise to actually trade for IQ at this point to pair with Maxey (keeps their overall cap holds low this summer) and then they can go shopping. Their center depth is pretty good, but they are missing a few additional fits.

Won't happen because of white head coach (for now) but Grant for Harris + seems obvious.
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#57 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:34 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

Depends what they do. I think that they would be wise to actually trade for IQ at this point to pair with Maxey (keeps their overall cap holds low this summer) and then they can go shopping. Their center depth is pretty good, but they are missing a few additional fits.

Won't happen because of white head coach (for now) but Grant for Harris + seems obvious.

Huh?

Anyway, you always like to change topics and argue points that have nothing to do with the OP so, I will put the discussion back on course again.

RJ/IQ wish they were still here. No one wants to leave this team. I am not worried about iHart at all.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#58 » by Polk377 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:35 pm

Knicks must invest in Hartenstein over Mitch at this point. It seems like I-Hart is happy here and loves playing for Thibs. $13-16 mil base salary for 4 years can probably get done. The teams with cap space are also the teams with established Centers too so it is unlikely a team will go higher for him. Trade Mitch for best fit or draft capital.

Knicks should also bring Precious back. He is a restricted FA so they can match any offer. Thibs will get him to that All-NBA defensive caliber potential he has flashed.
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#59 » by nykballa2k4 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:55 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:

Huh?

Anyway, you always like to change topics and argue points that have nothing to do with the OP so, I will put the discussion back on course again.

RJ/IQ wish they were still here. No one wants to leave this team. I am not worried about iHart at all.

Grant has made it known in the past they he prefers to play for black head coaches. This was something in Detroit and has been pretty consistent since that point. he just extended with a team with a black head coach
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2022/02/10/detroit-pistons-jerami-grant-nba/6712738001/
Grant stunned many when he left the title contending Denver Nuggets to sign a three-year, $60 million deal with the Pistons in 2020 free agency, citing the desire for a bigger role and the desire to play for a Black coach and Black GM in a Black city. Grant and Weaver worked together previously in Oklahoma City.

As you said back to the topic:
I think RJ is happy to be home. If he were here he'd have to deal with all of the non-sense that we were spewing his way. If Raptors are .500 he is going to be a hometown hero.
IQ I think is going to be upset because he wants to BE Brunson not be his back up or play for a less-energized city.
IHart- comparatively, I think would like to stay here and I am going to remain optimistic that something gets done. OTOH this management team has shown the ability to dust off other teams cast-aways or use late picks to get rotation/starting level centers.
All of Mitch, iHart, Precious, Sims have looked formidable.
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#60 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Feb 2, 2024 8:05 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

Huh?

Grant has made it known in the past they he prefers to play for black head coaches. This was something in Detroit and has been pretty consistent since that point. he just extended with a team with a black head coach
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2022/02/10/detroit-pistons-jerami-grant-nba/6712738001/
Grant stunned many when he left the title contending Denver Nuggets to sign a three-year, $60 million deal with the Pistons in 2020 free agency, citing the desire for a bigger role and the desire to play for a Black coach and Black GM in a Black city. Grant and Weaver worked together previously in Oklahoma City.

As you said back to the topic:
I think RJ is happy to be home. If he were here he'd have to deal with all of the non-sense that we were spewing his way. If Raptors are .500 he is going to be a hometown hero.
IQ I think is going to be upset because he wants to BE Brunson not be his back up or play for a less-energized city.
IHart- comparatively, I think would like to stay here and I am going to remain optimistic that something gets done. OTOH this management team has shown the ability to dust off other teams cast-aways or use late picks to get rotation/starting level centers.
All of Mitch, iHart, Precious, Sims have looked formidable.

Stop it bro. If you don't think RJ/IQ wish they were still here to enjoy this then you're a fool or a troll. Take your pick. You are literally just arguing to argue with a bunch of BS like you always do. I enjoy our sparring sessions but, fuq that. Every player in the league would love to be a part of this. Don't kid yourself. Don't lie. Don't bring up Philly. Just stop it.

Before you come back with, well if they were here we wouldn't be winning like this....just drop it. Whatever your response is will be FOS because I all but guarantee they both cried when traded!

Return to New York Knicks