ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Knicks @ Miami (4/2/24), 7:30 pm, MSG-TV

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,879

Re: GT: Knicks @ Miami (4/2/24), 7:30 pm, MSG-TV 

Post#41 » by cgmw » Tue Apr 2, 2024 9:03 pm

god shammgod wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

An NBA executive recently indicated that Anunoby will attempt to “break the bank” in a contract extension with the Knicks.

“He will try to break the bank there,” the exec told Heavy Sports. “Why not? They can’t afford to lose him. Not a max deal or anything, but I think from his side, it is going to look more like $40 million per year, something like four years and $160 million.”

At this point, if 4/160 is “not a max deal” then “not a max deal” is about as clear to my old ass as whoever the F is in the Big East, ACC, or Big 10.

Float me out to sea with Wingo.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Post#42 » by stuporman » Tue Apr 2, 2024 9:06 pm

Knick4Real wrote:
stuporman wrote:Rose has kind of forced himself into giving OG the contract he wants because right now he's facing a situation where he traded away two players, one being a 3rd overall selection and historically productive young player, the other a candidate for 6MOY and both potentially fringe AS players for a guy who has played a total of only 17 games for the team so far.

If OG walks because Rose balks at his asking price then he looks like a fool that stinks of Knicks FO past. He's going to give him what he wants and we have no clue if it's going to be for a guy who is rarely if ever available to play...a Noah situation but with a 4 year max-like contract. Just imagine the lolknicksing that will go on if he doesn't resign...wow.

Heat have been rounding into playoff form recently so this is going to be a tough one as if any game against the Heat in any state of affairs they are in isn't already.

OG is repped by Leon's son at CAA. My guess is that a future contract with us was already worked out (or at least discussed) BEFORE we made the trade with Toronto.

That's the benefit of your POBO basically being a rep for your player. Leon won't get some surprise when it's time to re-sign OG.

god shammgod wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

An NBA executive recently indicated that Anunoby will attempt to “break the bank” in a contract extension with the Knicks.

“He will try to break the bank there,” the exec told Heavy Sports. “Why not? They can’t afford to lose him. Not a max deal or anything, but I think from his side, it is going to look more like $40 million per year, something like four years and $160 million.”
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,508

Post#43 » by BigShot Bojan » Tue Apr 2, 2024 9:09 pm

Precious about to go off tonight!!!
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,619

Post#44 » by Fat Kat » Tue Apr 2, 2024 9:17 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 30,130

Post#45 » by HerSports85 » Tue Apr 2, 2024 9:46 pm

sol537 wrote:$4 years $145 w/ injury discounts built-in that reduces that amount if he misses loads of games.

I agree with this. Definitely need some injury insurance in his contract. I tried ringing the alarms on his availability when we first got him. However, I just hope we don’t give him that contract without some type of insurance in place. Maybe his bonus comes when he reaches x amount of games per season.
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
The Vo Show
Pro Prospect
And1: 782

Post#46 » by The Vo Show » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:06 pm

HerSports85 wrote:
sol537 wrote:$4 years $145 w/ injury discounts built-in that reduces that amount if he misses loads of games.

I agree with this. Definitely need some injury insurance in his contract. I tried ringing the alarms on his availability when we first got him. However, I just hope we don’t give him that contract without some type of insurance in place. Maybe his bonus comes when he reaches x amount of games per season.

Do the insurance like that not count towards the cap anyway? Doesn't it work the same way the bonus for making allstar, all-nba, etc where it counts towards cap regardless if they hit the incentive?
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 8,234

Post#47 » by Knick4Real » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:33 pm

stuporman wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
stuporman wrote:Rose has kind of forced himself into giving OG the contract he wants because right now he's facing a situation where he traded away two players, one being a 3rd overall selection and historically productive young player, the other a candidate for 6MOY and both potentially fringe AS players for a guy who has played a total of only 17 games for the team so far.

If OG walks because Rose balks at his asking price then he looks like a fool that stinks of Knicks FO past. He's going to give him what he wants and we have no clue if it's going to be for a guy who is rarely if ever available to play...a Noah situation but with a 4 year max-like contract. Just imagine the lolknicksing that will go on if he doesn't resign...wow.

Heat have been rounding into playoff form recently so this is going to be a tough one as if any game against the Heat in any state of affairs they are in isn't already.

OG is repped by Leon's son at CAA. My guess is that a future contract with us was already worked out (or at least discussed) BEFORE we made the trade with Toronto.

That's the benefit of your POBO basically being a rep for your player. Leon won't get some surprise when it's time to re-sign OG.

god shammgod wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Actually, $150 mil would be about right once you combine it with built-in injury discounts and incentives for games played, etc.

Anyway, it's all just conjecture at this point. What the dollar figure will be, "break the bank," etc. are all just guesses. Nobody on the outside knows until they know.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 34,320

Post#48 » by TheGreenArrow » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:44 pm

Read on Twitter
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,619

Post#49 » by Fat Kat » Tue Apr 2, 2024 10:51 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,541

Post#50 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:04 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

i want to see metal bats, chains, and pipes.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,087

Post#51 » by NYKinMIA » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:10 pm

I'm setting the over/under at 5 for non-called moving screens from bum adebitcho
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,105

Post#52 » by Im Coming Home » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:19 pm

NYKinMIA wrote:I'm setting the over/under at 5 for non-called moving screens from bum adebitcho

thats gonna be way over, every screen he does is that.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,105

Post#53 » by Im Coming Home » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:21 pm

Melo you going to the game tonight or what
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
stuporman
RealGM

Post#54 » by stuporman » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:21 pm

Knick4Real wrote:
stuporman wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:

god shammgod wrote:

Actually, $150 mil would be about right once you combine it with built-in injury discounts and incentives for games played, etc.

Anyway, it's all just conjecture at this point. What the dollar figure will be, "break the bank," etc. are all just guesses. Nobody on the outside knows until they know.

Name me one time there has ever been this 'injury discounts' thing? There are bonuses for games played and such but what is this 'injury discount' people imagine is going to happen....explain with actual examples in the NBA, thanks.
Image?
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,879

Post#55 » by cgmw » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:22 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
NYKinMIA wrote:I'm setting the over/under at 5 for non-called moving screens from bum adebitcho

thats gonna be way over, every screen he does is that.

Hip checks + knee to opponent’s leg + tripping + sticking his foot under to sprain opponent’s ankle >>>> 5
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,808

Post#56 » by FrozenEnvelope » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:32 pm

I got a bad feeling about this one.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 15,070

Post#57 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:36 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Spo has always given Brunson respect. The man knows
stuporman
RealGM

Post#58 » by stuporman » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:42 pm

How many of you would have thought Embiid was coming back before OG and Randle?
Image?
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 15,070

Post#59 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:43 pm

stuporman wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:
stuporman wrote:

Name me one time there has ever been this 'injury discounts' thing? There are bonuses for games played and such but what is this 'injury discount' people imagine is going to happen....explain with actual examples in the NBA, thanks.

I think Zion is the most egregious but he’s a special case.

It’s usually less about the discounts imo and more about incentives. We can argue that the fact that players need to play 65 games a year to win certain awards to be an incentive.

I also think if teams want OG, the Knicks really don’t have as much leverage to force him to take a “discount” package. Lowball him and certain teams (like Philly) will pay. The Pelicans could get Zion to take a certain package because he was an RFA.
stuporman
RealGM

Post#60 » by stuporman » Tue Apr 2, 2024 11:46 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
stuporman wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:

I think Zion is the most egregious but he’s a special case.

It’s usually less about the discounts imo and more about incentives. We can argue that the fact that players need to play 65 games a year to win certain awards to be an incentive.

I also think if teams want OG, the Knicks really don’t have as much leverage to force him to take a “discount” package. Lowball him and certain teams (like Philly) will pay. The Pelicans could get Zion to take a certain package because he was an RFA.

Zion didn't give any 'injury discount'...thanks for playing but try again. Games played BONUS isn't a discount.
Image?

Return to New York Knicks