ImageImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,633

Re: 2024 NBA DRAFT THREAD 

Post#421 » by WargamesX » Mon May 20, 2024 4:21 pm

Zenzibar wrote:https://nbadraftroom.com/ryan-dunn/

I like Dunn but his offense is anemic. He might be the best defender from the last two to three drafts and his offense is so bad they still have him in the second round. He could be a great draft and send to the G-League candidate.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 46,223

Post#422 » by dakomish23 » Mon May 20, 2024 5:00 pm

Quick rundown of the combine

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRKdchLE/
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 8,150

Post#423 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Mon May 20, 2024 6:19 pm

Guys I think we should look at for the draft. I doubt that most of these guys will be there at 24 but maybe you can get someone to bite in a trade up

Jared McCain
Devin Carter
Tristan De Silva
Nikola Djurisic
Carlton Carrington
Daron Holmes II
Tyler Smith
Johnny Furphy
Ajay Mitchell
Baylor Scheierman
KJ Simpson
Jamir Watkins
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,045

Post#424 » by blue and orange » Mon May 20, 2024 6:20 pm

Kind of hard to get a gauge on Edey at the NBA level. He is well conditioned he played nearly 40 minutes a game but he is slow, he did get preferential treatment by the officials but he was dominant on both ends by his sheer presence alone the dude is a monster, teams freaked out and double teamed him leading to open 3s and that was Purdues offense.

Against UConn the greatest college team of all time in my humble opinion, their game plan was different. Of course it helped that they had 7’2 Clingan playing him 1 on 1 and they just shut down their guards and let Edey get his.

I would take him on the Knicks just due to the sheer fact that he will body guys and we cant have Ihart (if he returns) and Mitch play more 30 minutes and we know they will be out some games.

If you draft Edey there’s no sitting him and letting him develop he’s 25 and we’re in win now mode. He needs to play 15-20 mpg his rookie year.
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,263

Post#425 » by Juco24 » Mon May 20, 2024 6:27 pm

WargamesX wrote:

I like Dunn but his offense is anemic. He might be the best defender from the last two to three drafts and his offense is so bad they still have him in the second round. He could be a great draft and send to the G-League candidate.

Yeah... I'm from Virginia so I watch the Cavs often. NONE of them can shoot worth a lick. Definitely not 1st round material
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,304

Post#426 » by Jeffrey » Mon May 20, 2024 7:26 pm

WargamesX wrote:

Andre Roberson
SARGO127
General Manager
And1: 3,084

Post#427 » by SARGO127 » Mon May 20, 2024 7:48 pm

blue and orange wrote:Kind of hard to get a gauge on Edey at the NBA level. He is well conditioned he played nearly 40 minutes a game but he is slow, he did get preferential treatment by the officials but he was dominant on both ends by his sheer presence alone the dude is a monster, teams freaked out and double teamed him leading to open 3s and that was Purdues offense.

Against UConn the greatest college team of all time in my humble opinion, their game plan was different. Of course it helped that they had 7’2 Clingan playing him 1 on 1 and they just shut down their guards and let Edey get his.

I would take him on the Knicks just due to the sheer fact that he will body guys and we cant have Ihart (if he returns) and Mitch play more 30 minutes and we know they will be out some games.

If you draft Edey there’s no sitting him and letting him develop he’s 25 and we’re in win now mode. He needs to play 15-20 mpg his rookie year.

I’m a huge UConn fan and will admit that Edey had his way with Clingan more times than not in that first half.

Edey is 22, not 25, btw.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,045

Post#428 » by blue and orange » Mon May 20, 2024 8:14 pm

SARGO127 wrote:
blue and orange wrote:Kind of hard to get a gauge on Edey at the NBA level. He is well conditioned he played nearly 40 minutes a game but he is slow, he did get preferential treatment by the officials but he was dominant on both ends by his sheer presence alone the dude is a monster, teams freaked out and double teamed him leading to open 3s and that was Purdues offense.

I’m a huge UConn fan and will admit that Edey had his way with Clingan more times than not in that first half.

Edey is 22, not 25, btw.

My bad 22 why did I think he was 25 lol. But anyways my point remains that he’s developed already, there’s no sitting on a bench for Edey.

Ya Edey sure did have his way with Clingan but it didn’t matter and Clingan goal was just to get through the half with 1 foul, keep in mind he’s 2 years younger then Edey, think he adjusted as the game went along he did have the benefit of getting rest while Samson Johnson ran the floor on Edey making him tired, Johnson fouling out didn’t even matter as it was just buying time with getting Clingan rest and stretching out his 3-4 fouls, I remember they put Karaban on Edey since he had 0 fouls at that point in the game and given the score UConn was willing to trade baskets at that point anyways, stuck to the game plan of not double teaming Edey.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,304

Post#429 » by Jeffrey » Mon May 20, 2024 9:34 pm

blue and orange wrote:
SARGO127 wrote:

Edey is 22, not 25, btw.

My bad 22 why did I think he was 25 lol. But anyways my point remains that he’s developed already, there’s no sitting on a bench for Edey.

Ya Edey sure did have his way with Clingan but it didn’t matter and Clingan goal was just to get through the half with 1 foul, keep in mind he’s 2 years younger then Edey, think he adjusted as the game went along he did have the benefit of getting rest while Samson Johnson ran the floor on Edey making him tired, Johnson fouling out didn’t even matter as it was just buying time with getting Clingan rest and stretching out his 3-4 fouls, I remember they put Karaban on Edey since he had 0 fouls at that point in the game and given the score UConn was willing to trade baskets at that point anyways, stuck to the game plan of not double teaming Edey.

I feel like Thibs is okay with a non-offense minded rim runner. Is Edey really what Thibs want, btw, I would like to have him as well.

1st round pick: McCullar Jr/DaRon Homes II
1st round pick: Edey
2nd round pick: Karaban, Kolek or Cam Spencer
Bob Ross
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,269

Post#430 » by Bob Ross » Mon May 20, 2024 10:03 pm

I don't think we make a pick.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,633

Post#431 » by WargamesX » Tue May 21, 2024 2:48 am

Bob Ross wrote:I don't think we make a pick.

Same, we haven’t with better picks in better drafts.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
nykinoz
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,057

Post#432 » by nykinoz » Tue May 21, 2024 2:56 am

I'd like us to grab Johnny Furphy if available, and another SF/PF.
Knicks fan since 1991
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,636

Post#433 » by robillionaire » Tue May 21, 2024 2:59 am

WargamesX wrote:

Same, we haven’t with better picks in better drafts.

But we have made several picks in the 20s and 30s range and all 3 are in that range
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 8,150

Post#434 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Tue May 21, 2024 4:26 am

They aren’t going to be able to punt these picks for more picks. Maybe you can trade them for an established player but this is a bad draft. I don’t think anyone is going to give them a first that isn’t insane protected that probably won’t convey. Get some kids and hope you can develop them to get our bench a little cheaper.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,161

Post#435 » by thebuzzardman » Tue May 21, 2024 11:27 am

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:

They aren’t going to be able to punt these picks for more picks. Maybe you can trade them for an established player but this is a bad draft. I don’t think anyone is going to give them a first that isn’t insane protected that probably won’t convey. Get some kids and hope you can develop them to get our bench a little cheaper.

I've been saying this for a while, that the Knicks trade one of the 1st round picks for a future 1st.

If they haven't moved it for a player prior to the draft
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,230

Post#436 » by Reign23 » Tue May 21, 2024 11:31 am

we 100% will. I think even two. the low salary players in the 20+ draft range will become huge once we cap out.
formerly known as knickst4pe
Bob Ross
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,269

Post#437 » by Bob Ross » Tue May 21, 2024 12:34 pm

Reign23 wrote:

we 100% will. I think even two. the low salary players in the 20+ draft range will become huge once we cap out.

That's a good point
Janquinn87
Freshman
And1: 110

Post#438 » by Janquinn87 » Tue May 21, 2024 12:59 pm

Zack Edey is the best player in this draft hands down. He just tested athletically better than most these centers they have rated higher than him. Zach destroyed the center on Uconn and he is predicted to go #3. Knicks should trade up and get him.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,838

Post#439 » by DOT » Tue May 21, 2024 1:00 pm

Bob Ross wrote:
Reign23 wrote:

That's a good point

That's how a competent team would manage assets

Knowing Leon, we're gonna trade them for top 25 protected future 1sts.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,838

Post#440 » by DOT » Tue May 21, 2024 1:09 pm

Janquinn87 wrote:Zach destroyed the center on Uconn

Not really

He was 9-18 in the first 32 minutes, then Clingan got pulled for being in foul trouble and UConn went 5 out and defended Edey with Karaban, he puts up 9 points on 4 shots 4 FTA, Clingan gets put back in, and Edey scored 3 uncontested layups cause by that point it was garbage time

He played fine, but far from "destroyed" Clingan.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe

Return to New York Knicks