ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,142

Re: Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one! 

Post#521 » by MrDollarBills » Sun May 12, 2024 7:34 pm

Context wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Context wrote:MItch is making 15 a year...That seems like a bargin to me DollarBills?

What is the consensus on what Hartenstein will command? 20 per?

I'm just thinking if it's prudent to have that much tied into center. Otherwise I wouldn't want Mitch to go anywhere

I feel like he cant command that and I also feel like he has to believe in this team as we have to believe that he will continue to work on his craft and get better...
thoughts on what i just said? :D

Well, the money will talk in my opinion. Hartenstein has earned himself a substantial raise.

If Jakob Poeltl received 19mil per last season, and it's estimated that Nic Claxton will command 20mil in free agency, I have to think Hartenstein gets a minimum of 22mil per. If he wants to cut the team a small discount (and honestly, just from his perspective, he should get as much as he can), fine, but I don't see him taking less than that.

So now back to Mitch, he makes 15 mil, add another 22m or more and now you're sinking a lot of cap % into two centers. OG also has to be resigned and the front office has to be mindful of the tax apron peril that awaits.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#522 » by MrDollarBills » Sun May 12, 2024 7:37 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:RIP tanking

Good.

Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,287

Post#523 » by Jeffrey » Sun May 12, 2024 7:38 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

Good.

Damn dude I feel for you. That 3rd pick was originally Brooklyn's pick. And the trade rumor of Jalen Green + all of your picks back is looking pretty bad.
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,597

Post#524 » by Context » Sun May 12, 2024 7:39 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Context wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
What is the consensus on what Hartenstein will command? 20 per?

I'm just thinking if it's prudent to have that much tied into center. Otherwise I wouldn't want Mitch to go anywhere

I feel like he cant command that and I also feel like he has to believe in this team as we have to believe that he will continue to work on his craft and get better...

Well, the money will talk in my opinion. Hartenstein has earned himself a substantial raise.

If Jakob Poeltl received 19mil per last season, and it's estimated that Nic Claxton will command 20mil in free agency, I have to think Hartenstein gets a minimum of 22mil per. If he wants to cut the team a small discount (and honestly, just from his perspective, he should get as much as he can), fine, but I don't see him taking less than that.

So now back to Mitch, he makes 15 mil, add another 22m or more and now you're sinking a lot of cap % into two centers. OG also has to be resigned and the front office has to be mindful of the tax apron peril that awaits.

If Claxton can command 20- I Hart hasnt done enough to command the same-YET...
14-16 million I think...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#525 » by MrDollarBills » Sun May 12, 2024 7:42 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Good.

Damn dude I feel for you. That 3rd pick was originally Brooklyn's pick. And the trade rumor of Jalen Green + all of your picks back is looking pretty bad.

I don't care my man, I'm done with that franchise. It's just another example as to why I left.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#526 » by MrDollarBills » Sun May 12, 2024 7:45 pm

Context wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Context wrote:I feel like he cant command that and I also feel like he has to believe in this team as we have to believe that he will continue to work on his craft and get better...

14-16 million I think...

I dunno, the league is about to get a massive cash infusion from the new TV deals. Caps will rise along with contracts. I think Hartenstein is a better player than Claxton and 22m is probably a bargain in 2 years time.

Context
RealGM

Post#527 » by Context » Sun May 12, 2024 8:01 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Context wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

14-16 million I think...

I dunno, the league is about to get a massive cash infusion from the new TV deals. Caps will rise along with contracts. I think Hartenstein is a better player than Claxton and 22m is probably a bargain in 2 years time.

we cant go by our personal opinions on the player...we have to go by the resume of the player...who has the better resume?
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,287

Post#528 » by Jeffrey » Sun May 12, 2024 8:05 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Good.

I don't care my man, I'm done with that franchise. It's just another example as to why I left.

LOL got you. But you're still a level headed ex Brooklyn fan. But wht do you think of this trade. Bojan + Sims + 3 FRPs?
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,579

Post#529 » by robillionaire » Sun May 12, 2024 9:02 pm

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,579

Post#530 » by robillionaire » Sun May 12, 2024 9:02 pm

Didn’t see the lottery, I’m glad the raptors lost their pick though after all that effort to tank
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,508

Post#531 » by BigShot Bojan » Sun May 12, 2024 10:18 pm

The irony is the posters bemoaning thibs rotations are the same ones who can’t identify we are broken down and the series is over …
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,568

Post#532 » by WargamesX » Sun May 12, 2024 11:45 pm

robillionaire wrote:Didn’t see the lottery, I’m glad the raptors lost their pick though after all that effort to tank

It was half hearted, but yeah that has to sting. Detroit too. Brooklyn was the big loser tonight and I wonder if they seriously consider the reboot now. This whole season was them being stubborn on breaking the team up to try to keep that pick out of the lottery because of the bad optics and now it’s still the #3 pick. The Nets team couldn’t win, and luck is not on their side. They might do something drastic.

I have no idea what Atlanta is going to do. They were just talking about trading Trae and now they get the number #1 pick. They should trade it, but after the trade down Luka fiasco I honestly can see them keeping it and grabbing the consensus #1 pick just to make sure lightning doesn’t strike twice.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#533 » by MrDollarBills » Mon May 13, 2024 12:25 am

Jeffrey wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:

LOL got you. But you're still a level headed ex Brooklyn fan. But wht do you think of this trade. Bojan + Sims + 3 FRPs?

For Bridges? I don't think they'll do it.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#534 » by MrDollarBills » Mon May 13, 2024 12:27 am

Context wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Context wrote:If Claxton can command 20- I Hart hasnt done enough to command the same-YET...
14-16 million I think...

we cant go by our personal opinions on the player...we have to go by the resume of the player...who has the better resume?

Hartenstein. Claxton is PF without a jump shot trying to play Center.

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,080

Post#535 » by thebuzzardman » Mon May 13, 2024 12:31 am

San Antonio picking 4 and 8.

I guess the Wemby dynasty starts next year
Montmorencie
Bench Warmer
And1: 862

Post#536 » by Montmorencie » Mon May 13, 2024 1:05 am

JAMAL
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,769

Post#537 » by nedleeds » Mon May 13, 2024 1:09 am

thebuzzardman wrote:San Antonio picking 4 and 8.

We have 24 and 25 though. The next Cleanthony Early and Bill Walker are waiting for us.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,769

Post#538 » by nedleeds » Mon May 13, 2024 1:12 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Context wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

14-16 million I think...

Hartenstein is CAA ... do you guys understand how Roses money laundering operation works?
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Davis18
Pro Prospect
And1: 778

Post#539 » by Davis18 » Mon May 13, 2024 1:16 am

nedleeds wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:San Antonio picking 4 and 8.

We have 24 and 25 though. The next Cleanthony Early and Bill Walker are waiting for us.

Yeah, we had those days...
Hopefully next IQ & Grimes or package for next Eason like 3D wing.
Context
RealGM

Post#540 » by Context » Mon May 13, 2024 1:18 am

nedleeds wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Context wrote:If Claxton can command 20- I Hart hasnt done enough to command the same-YET...
14-16 million I think...

Hartenstein is CAA ... do you guys understand how Roses money laundering operation works?

please explain
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren

Return to New York Knicks