ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Maxey travels for the win, Maxey doesn't miss.. tough tough loss.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,122

Re: PG: Mitch costs us the win, Maxey doesn't miss.. tough tough loss. 

Post#541 » by thebuzzardman » Wed May 1, 2024 12:00 pm

It was a nice run. Who can the Knicks acquire in the Offseason so they aren't so offensively inept?
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,349

Post#542 » by TrueWarrior » Wed May 1, 2024 12:04 pm

1. Terrible loss no doubt. The game was won, and then they pulled a game 2 on us. Our guys started without the necessary energy/focus, then locked in, then unlocked out. Maxey made some crazy shots, but Embiid was a no show and we blew it for sure.

2. Mitch was great before the last couple possessions. Obviously he made the wrong choices there to finish, but he shouldnt have even been in at that point.

3. Jalen scored, but I still dont like the constant isos to end games with no passing. This is Thibs’ offense however.

4. OG and Deuce are playing well, so Jalen needs to look for them more. They should be taking 15 shots a game at minimum. OG has to be more assertive too. Deuce is rightfully playing more than Donte now.

5. Donte has been subpar this series, but maybe try running some stuff for him to get open. Most of his 3s were heavily contested. Regardless, he has to wake up asap and find a way to contribute more.

6. Precious should have played.

7. Josh is awesome at what he does well, but he has gone cold from deep again. They’re leaving him wide open all game.

8. Isaiah swished a jumpshot and went 4-4 from the stripe. He should take a J here and there.

9. It’s not easy to close teams out. Learning experience. Last year we took Miami to 6. Boston took us to 6 in 2013 and then we took Indiana to 6 in the next round. All people will remember is who wins the series.

10. Two more tries to take one. We’ll do it.
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,247

Post#543 » by Spree2Houston » Wed May 1, 2024 12:05 pm

That wasn’t a foul on Mitch. It was a bad call by the refs. Refs usually let the players decide the outcome of the game. It was a bad call to blow the whistle there.

Also Mitch has been vital in our Game 1 & 2 wins. Let’s not throw him under the bus. He’s been very important to us in this series. Even with that bad call last call, he still owned up to it. Some of you don’t even admit when you’re wrong. You just deflect lol
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,289

Post#544 » by seren » Wed May 1, 2024 12:07 pm

Mistakes were made throughout the game. I don’t think it is fair to put it all on Robinson. We lost this game on the offensive end. Missed free throws, bad turnovers were all a problem. Brunson was great most of the game but he had some really bad turnovers including forced passes to iHart and Hart in two different possessions. Earlier OG’s pass to Mitchell under the basket was a blunder too. You can’t expect him to catch that ball. And how about that unnecessary fast break pass attempt to OG that caused another turnover? Offense was chaotic much of the game. Ball didn’t move to the right spots. There were lots of easy opportunities that we passed on. I put a lot on Thibs. He should have done a better job calming things down. I get that we are short handed but he should have expanded the roster to give short breaks. Most of the mistakes were due to exhaustion. You could see that very clearly.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,148

Post#545 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed May 1, 2024 12:10 pm

Not tanking for the pacers starting to hurt us. We won’t have any rest for round 2 and more players continue to get hurt (Bojan out). Oh well.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,122

Post#546 » by thebuzzardman » Wed May 1, 2024 12:14 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Not tanking for the pacers starting to hurt us. We won’t have any rest for round 2 and more players continue to get hurt (Bojan out). Oh well.

Sham curse is the worst
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,627

Post#547 » by Fat Kat » Wed May 1, 2024 12:21 pm

This board immediately after the loss

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,218

Post#548 » by Reign23 » Wed May 1, 2024 12:30 pm

just watched this morning because I went to Bayern - Madrid yesterday.
holy smokes what a desaster of a loss.
formerly known as knickst4pe
TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,290

Post#549 » by TKKnicks1 » Wed May 1, 2024 12:31 pm

Maxey is averaging 32 points on 50% shooting this series. I thought Thibs was a defensive genius. He hasn't come up with jack to stop this guy. Precious was the only thing that slowed him down somewhat game 4 and he gets a DNP-CD for game 5. Thanks for the culture change Thibs but we need you to coach now.
~I Believe!~
nismos14
Freshman
And1: 53

Post#550 » by nismos14 » Wed May 1, 2024 12:32 pm

free throws.
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,848

Post#551 » by Gravy » Wed May 1, 2024 12:34 pm

If Hart hits both free throws we most likely win. Maxey made some incredible shots, I was having to Michael Jordan with how unstoppable he was.

A hobbled Embiid is still a great decoy that prevents you from being able to fully double Maxey. We are missing that greatly with Randle out.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,378

Post#552 » by F N 11 » Wed May 1, 2024 12:36 pm

**** coaching not guarding Maxey like game 4

Not calling timeout tie game

Not doing everything to guard Maxey as Embiid was trash

Hart and Donte shook to score

Epic collapse im still speechless. I guess this will make everybody better I guess. That was disgusting,
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,247

Post#553 » by Spree2Houston » Wed May 1, 2024 12:41 pm

I’m over this loss. Time to move forward. It took 2 miracle shots and ton of mistakes on our end for them to win in OT. We’re ending this tomorrow night
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,378

Post#554 » by F N 11 » Wed May 1, 2024 12:42 pm

Donte forcing Maxey left turn the game around then Deuce came in with no **** game plan. Absolute choke job. Did not go up on screen once. They thought they had it and got burned.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,512

Post#555 » by BigShot Bojan » Wed May 1, 2024 12:46 pm

Fat Kat wrote:This board immediately after the loss

The only thing worse are the enlightened moderates on the gb who look for any opportunity to advertise hey look I see both side even when the discussion has nothing to do with it …
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,218

Post#556 » by Reign23 » Wed May 1, 2024 12:47 pm

"all on mitch" is a joke. sure it was a dumb foul, but if DDV and Hart could hit at least hit the side of a barn from three it is long over.
formerly known as knickst4pe
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,769

Post#557 » by nedleeds » Wed May 1, 2024 12:47 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:It was a nice run. Who can the Knicks acquire in the Offseason so they aren't so offensively inept?

Most expensive available CAA client, or one up for an extension has been the plan thus far.

https://www.caa.com/sportstalent/basketball
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,783

Post#558 » by Lord Commander » Wed May 1, 2024 12:56 pm

Not gonna panic...yet. But we better come out strong Thursday night because if there's a repeat of last night's opening minutes, we are screwed. It'd hard fighting an uphill battle against a desperate team in front of a hostile crowd. Can we hope for the same Knicks Mob in this game? I hope so.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,512

Post#559 » by BigShot Bojan » Wed May 1, 2024 12:59 pm

Lord Commander wrote:Not gonna panic...yet. But we better come out strong Thursday night because if there's a repeat of last night's opening minutes, we are screwed. It'd hard fighting an uphill battle against a desperate team in front of a hostile crowd. Can we hope for the same Knicks Mob in this game? I hope so.

I don’t get how we are screwed..we have consistently won the most important quarter, 4th , we just poorly executed sure Thibs could have facilitated a more effective lineup but either way we should’ve won…aberration
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,562

Post#560 » by sol537 » Wed May 1, 2024 1:00 pm

I don’t trust Thibs or this team… yet. That’s why I don’t expect a win of this series. Maybe 50-50 at this point which is crazy when up 3-1…

Return to New York Knicks