ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Natural Born Killas

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,724

Re: PG: Natural Born Killas 

Post#581 » by Meat » Thu May 9, 2024 4:07 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
HopelessKnick wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:Super proud and pumped up for this win especially with that skinny crooked teeth klingon looking loser there front row to witness it! I **** love Josh Hart for clowning him too!

But I'm so pissed about these injuries! Out of all years to have this much bad luck it's this one and OG was playing so well man! Hamstrings are so iffy and unique so let's hope it's not a weeks long thing and he'll only be out a few games. Feel the same about Brunson, who was just amazing once again! Hoping that foot didn't swell up or anything overnight.

I didn't follow the game thread but I'm really hoping there aren't some who blame Thibs for these injuries. These are all just bad luck flukey type of injuries that have nothing to do with minutes.

And the nerve of Carlisle to bitch about the zebras! How about you coach better? Second game he's left McConnell on the bench in the 4th! How about his team grab a rebound and make a FT? He's an embarrassment!!

You sure that a foot injury with no noteworthy incident just appearing out of the blue has nothing to do with Brunson carrying the load he carried throughout the last weeks and months? A Hamstring injury has nothing to do with OG averaging 46 minutes over the past games?

These are classic wear and tear injuries due to heavy workload. Let's be honest about that.

Nope! That's not how injuries work. They are random and bad luck. There is NOTHING that says a certain amount of minutes puts you at a greatest risk of injuries. Fatigue, obviously. But fatigue doesn't equal or increase injuries. We've seen players pull their hamstrings in the first month of a season and any player can hurt their foot at any time. You want to avoid injuries 100%? Wrap your players in plastic and don't play them at all.

You're 100% wrong, acute injuries are random and bad luck but most injuries are chronic and they're a steady accumulation of micro wear and tears over time
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,510

Post#582 » by sol537 » Thu May 9, 2024 4:09 pm

god shammgod wrote:Hey, so I haven’t been following the thread, what did people think about obi ? Discuss

He's played well in his minutes so far... lots of energy... probably wants to show Thibs up... still not getting crunch time minutes because coach doesn't trust him completely... still glad we have Precious over Obi. Obi wasn't a great fit for us...
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,808

Post#583 » by FrozenEnvelope » Thu May 9, 2024 4:11 pm

Meat wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:
HopelessKnick wrote:
You sure that a foot injury with no noteworthy incident just appearing out of the blue has nothing to do with Brunson carrying the load he carried throughout the last weeks and months? A Hamstring injury has nothing to do with OG averaging 46 minutes over the past games?

These are classic wear and tear injuries due to heavy workload. Let's be honest about that.

Nope! That's not how injuries work. They are random and bad luck. There is NOTHING that says a certain amount of minutes puts you at a greatest risk of injuries. Fatigue, obviously. But fatigue doesn't equal or increase injuries. We've seen players pull their hamstrings in the first month of a season and any player can hurt their foot at any time. You want to avoid injuries 100%? Wrap your players in plastic and don't play them at all.

You're 100% wrong, acute injuries are random and bad luck but most injuries are chronic and they're a steady accumulation of micro wear and tears over time

Prove it.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,832

Post#584 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu May 9, 2024 4:12 pm

god shammgod wrote:Hey, so I haven’t been following the thread, what did people think about obi ? Discuss

You're one sick human being :lol:
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,472

Post#585 » by GONYK » Thu May 9, 2024 4:17 pm

Capn'O wrote:Is OG for sure a scratch next game? It looked like a day-to-day thing.

I think the issue with OG is that he notoriously doesn't play unless he's 100%, so his "day-to-day" is different than Brunson's
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#586 » by KnicksGod » Thu May 9, 2024 4:24 pm

Hamstrings are usually a long time out, that said I'm holding out hope that he had a cramp. It looked pretty high and to the side, almost like charlie horse lol
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,063

Post#587 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu May 9, 2024 4:30 pm

Wildcat wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
It's a bad look, but let's not act like this stuff isn't common in the locker room. Especially with frustrations as high as they were in the Miami series. The only thing that's bad about this is some clown standing outside the locker room recording it.

It's pretty likely he's been acting like that towards Thibs for a while since they literally sent him packing for picks just to get rid of him. That's a big indication he's a very toxic player. Anyways Im glad we got rid of his no defense playing ass. Love to see him rot on the bench in the 4th quarter while our very own back up PF Precious had a big 2 way impact to win us the game. Knicks made the right decision and it continues to pay off.

Just look at the different mindset that Precious has compared to Obi. This is our winning culture and Obi doesn't fit in it.
With Robinson out for the playoffs with a stress-reaction injury to his ankle, and OG Anunoby suffering a hamstring injury in the third quarter, Achiuwa delivered another strong game in their absence with eight points and five rebounds in 28 minutes off the bench — including a key dunk late in the fourth quarter of the Knicks’ 130-121 comeback victory in Game 2 against the Pacers.

“It just goes to show you it’s a bunch of dogs on the team,” Achiuwa said afterward. “Guys were locked in, ready to come in and play their parts for the most part.
“There’s a lot of guys that love to win on the team, so you can’t ask for nothing more than that. Once you have a bunch of guys that enjoy winning, and are willing to do whatever it takes to win a basketball game, you can go far with that.”

I'm not advocating one over the other. Whoever is better for their role here, all good. But you're taking an incident and framing it as toxicity. Hell, shows me a passion for wanting to beat Miami.

:lol: That's quite the spin
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#588 » by KnicksGod » Thu May 9, 2024 4:31 pm

We got to let Indiana back into this and then JB finishes them off in 7 ... gives OG time to heal for the Celtics

:D
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,648

Post#589 » by j4remi » Thu May 9, 2024 4:32 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=c7eg_0vf10KosEyBJaEgQw
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,472

Post#590 » by GONYK » Thu May 9, 2024 4:32 pm

Keyshawn thinks Jalen faked the injury :lol:
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#591 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu May 9, 2024 4:33 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Guano wrote:
Wanting to keep the guy who cussed out our coach and can't play defense - that's silly.

Yeah Obi literally made his death bed by disrespecting our coach. And his defense is so bad he’s still getting benched in the 4th quarter.

Glad we replaced him with someone who plays on both ends.
Read on Twitter

I think Obi and Precious could play together. Or maybe could have saved us from trading Grimes in that trade possibly by including him idk. I don't think it would hurt to have him right now with all the injuries is all I'm saying, especially once Randle went down

We could've kept him if he didn't curse out Thibs during the playoffs. But Obi felt like he was bigger than the team. It's too bad.
Anyways I am glad we replaced him with someone like Precious who's a selfless player and plays on both ends unlike Obi.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Post#592 » by stuporman » Thu May 9, 2024 4:34 pm

Cryliele: We sent in 78 plays we think the refs got wroooOOOOooong!

Thibs: Pssshht, amateur. I do that every game even when we win. If you only do it when you lose it's called being a sore loser.

Cryliele: Gasp! Another foul!
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#593 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu May 9, 2024 4:37 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

It’s time for 3totheheadBrunson Folksssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melo on his podcast was saying Brunson is the type of PG he wanted to play with in NY. We would've won a chip if he had that

Also this. Cool to see
Read on Twitter
/video/1
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,602

Post#594 » by Clyde Frazier » Thu May 9, 2024 4:38 pm

Brunson has shot 14/21 when guarded by Nembhard :o
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#595 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu May 9, 2024 4:39 pm

will wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Donte making me eat crow these past 3 games. Keep it up!

Outside of one game against Philly, Donte has been superb.

Not at all. He had a nightmare round 1. Shooting just 36% from the field with awful defense. Nice to see him step it up lately though.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#596 » by KnicksGod » Thu May 9, 2024 4:41 pm

Precious has really good hands and is in the right places at the right time ... I think it's sort of amusing, too, that he makes a bee line for the basket to try to dunk it no matter what, but also has a NFW attitude toward shooting from 3 in the playoffs lol

Anyway he's a good finisher
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,627

Post#597 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu May 9, 2024 4:41 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Wildcat wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:It's pretty likely he's been acting like that towards Thibs for a while since they literally sent him packing for picks just to get rid of him. That's a big indication he's a very toxic player. Anyways Im glad we got rid of his no defense playing ass. Love to see him rot on the bench in the 4th quarter while our very own back up PF Precious had a big 2 way impact to win us the game. Knicks made the right decision and it continues to pay off.

Just look at the different mindset that Precious has compared to Obi. This is our winning culture and Obi doesn't fit in it.

I'm not advocating one over the other. Whoever is better for their role here, all good. But you're taking an incident and framing it as toxicity. Hell, shows me a passion for wanting to beat Miami.

No more than you trying to spin we replaced Obi with Precious. That isn't what happened. Fuq Obi and the Pacers and fuq this entire discussion. We actually replaced Randle with Precious and Bojan but, as usual, agendas better than facts.
:beer: RIP mags
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#598 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu May 9, 2024 4:44 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

No more than you trying to spin we replaced Obi with Precious. That isn't what happened. Fuq Obi and the Pacers and fuq this entire discussion. We actually replaced Randle with Precious and Bojan but, as usual, agendas better than facts.

Another Obi stan trying to spin it. :lol: Precious > Obi. Sucks for you. Go root for indiana if you want to slurp Obi so much.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,627

Post#599 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu May 9, 2024 4:52 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote: :lol: That's quite the spin

Another Obi stan trying to spin it. :lol: Precious > Obi. Sucks for you. Go root for indiana if you want to slurp Obi so much.

You're such a childish fat fuq! :lol: All you are doing is lying and pissing all over a good win because you are such a child. Let it go. Did Obi bang your girl or something?

The Knicks won. You wanna stir up shyt with Obi? Typical BS.
:beer: RIP mags

Return to New York Knicks